Photo

I want to be the patient zero for this particular combination

metformin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Florian Xavier

• 242 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

Metformin + glucosamine. Metformin we all know, glucosamine : http://www.nature.co...ncomms4563.html

I'm 25 and i have 2 problems :

getting a sure source of metformin

Getting a sure source of glucosamine, as most marks cheat on their label, there is between 41 an 108% of what is claim on the label, i have a good source of glucosamine, but i need a donation of 400$/year to get it.

That's it.

#2 elfanjo

• 73 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

What is glucosamine for here? Ampk activation?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 drtom

• 84 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:53 AM

I have included metformin and glucosamine in my supplements for a few years now.

Trouble is, I also supplement with some known antioxidants which, if the paper is correct, probably cancel out the life extension effects of the combination.

However, I have seen at least one study in humans that showed a significant reduction in all-cause mortality by taking glucosamine.

Given that it inhibits glycolysis, there may be another mechanism at work.

For example, most cancers obtain a large fraction of their ATP from glycolysis. Anything that interferes with this will reduce the cancer's ability to grow.

((Look up the "Warburg Effect"). So, elderly people who supplement with glucosamine for their arthritis may be benefiting from lower cancer rates.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users