• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Immortality Through Spiritual Means

immortality life extension spiritual religious

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#91 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

An insect may be frozen and recover, because of its simple cystaline state of biology, low therma expansion deviances.
We can be frozen to, but through a state of biological excellence and the slow removal of excess water (yin), freezing would be possible. The spirit would leave the body unless captured by magnetics. The spirit constantly moves, this is life, it would transverse the magnets and leave to be quite disturbed if isolated from the universe. We would see this as bad things happening.
Because of the restriction of study in the subject fields of Alpha waves and Birkeland currents humanity has few scientific answers to most of its subject. Thats why you are reading this thread, I can't be more frank about it.

The red edge to a white light beam is the Birkeland current? The red shift is mainly the red from a young star, not it's speed lol.
Alpha waves roll energy into a neuolgicalsystem, and are made through having enough of the right amino acid along with electrolytes and breath.

#92 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2015 - 09:52 PM

Science has many limitations and cannot even verify its own self.  Science is assumed as a way to truth but is not proven.  One of its limitations it is a method of only testing the physical.  This is not a put down but only to point out one of its limitations.   I shall now start to share some evidences of the non physical spirit.

Edited by shadowhawk, 30 December 2015 - 09:53 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#93 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

#94 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

The standart propaganda of dying away ideas.

As usual the importance is not what is right and what is wrong. The importance is the church to find a way to continue sucking out money from the fouls.

Our gags will be in shits soon. Very fast we must design the next model of shits-hiding gags.

"It is important for more and more crystians ... to try to understand how to integrate the temporary findings of science with clasic crystian theology ..."

An obvious propaganda strategy - taking not fully proven theory of the enemy (the neuro science in this case), lower it to disproval without provinding cntra-facts, and continue designing your direction, hiding the facts, that your directions is even more unproven than that of the enemy.

"... the problem for the atheist is how to get mind from matter ..."

No, it is not a problem. The atheists have a theory about that. The mind comes from the brain cells. The matter makes the brain cells, and the work of the brain cells, their impulses, shared between themselves is exactly that you call "mind" - all that you know, all that remember, the way you think, etc. And this theory is much more proven than the theist one for the soul. For example the neurons are detected how they transfer pulses between themselves, the effects of not firing pulses ot providing pulses from outside the brain are experimented successfully.

Movies like that makes me happy, because they show, that the religeon expects to die soon lol. I may even whitness in my modest life that glorious moment in the history - the crambling of the fake religeon, and the explosion of all hidden shits lol.

#95 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

What I love is how Atheists seem to think everything is material.  Mind is not material.  Abstract objects are not material either though real.  Near death experiences show when the physical mine is not functioning consciousness continues.  This happened to my own father.  Here is food for your mind.

Edited by shadowhawk, 31 December 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#96 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

I like the vids.
So the brain is part of the consciousness in that it focuses into a particular level of conscious awareness. The brains ability to see on a level of consciousness relies primarily in a beings beliefs. Once beliefs are established, methods of conscious awareness improvements can be tried to improve one's awareness. Those methods vary greatly and range from having a complete diet, to noticing changes of sensations within the body, from advanced meditaion, to breathing methods.
Integrating the levels into day to day life is already a natural process, and is a process of maturing. The aspects of our maturing have been compartmentalised in approach to their education. Comprehension of lifes various aspects takes time, even with an open awareness. There's no set age, no set diet, but the natural method seems to win everytime. imo

The fads come and go, their importance arrives then their context is found if awareness notices, nothing should just go.

#97 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

I don't think you got the point of the video.  I will present the main points next when I have time.

For now let me suggest this.

http://www.amazon.co...PN7CKE2SXYP5E5Q

Edited by shadowhawk, 01 January 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#98 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:20 AM

The propaganda continues :)

What the science can't do today, it will be able to do later.

We can't see what do you mean when saying a car, correct, but with the mind uploading technologies, that are being developed, it will be possible. To be seen what do you mean by a car, the only thing needed is to be visualized the pattern of the cells, that are activated in your brain when you think about the car, and the same pattern to be induced in your brain.

I will tell you more. You also can't see the information written in a hard drive. You see the result of it on your screen, but you cant see the electric charges and pulses inside the hard drive itself. What does this prove? Nothing. The same nothing is being proved when you say, that you cant see what the other person means by saying a car.

All the phylosophical issues in these videos do not prove that there is a soul or a God. They are only used deliberately for the above purpose. Religeons always have been targeting the dumb and the psychos. The more religeous one nation is, the dumber and less developed it is. The suiciding therorists are with the brain development of primates.

#99 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:48 PM

SEIVTSCHO: The propaganda continues :)

So you are continuing,

What the science can't do today, it will be able to do later.

What are you talking about?  This is nonsense.

We can't see what do you mean when saying a car, correct, but with the mind uploading technologies, that are being developed, it will be possible. To be seen what do you mean by a car, the only thing needed is to be visualized the pattern of the cells, that are activated in your brain when you think about the car, and the same pattern to be induced in your brain.

I don’t think you understand the issues at all.The brain is physical much like a computer.  The computer cannot write a book.  It needs intelligence from the outside to write the book.  Yes we physically have a brain but without the spirit the brain is dead.  Consciousness is not physical.

I will tell you more. You also can't see the information written in a hard drive. You see the result of it on your screen, but you cant see the electric charges and pulses inside the hard drive itself. What does this prove? Nothing. The same nothing is being proved when you say, that you cant see what the other person means by saying a car.

The information, including the design of the hard drive did not come from a physical source but rather from intelligence from an outside non physical source that is alive and conscious.  Your above statement is incoherent.  

All the phylosophical issues in these videos do not prove that there is a soul or a God. They are only used deliberately for the above purpose. Religeons always have been targeting the dumb and the psychos. The more religeous one nation is, the dumber and less developed it is. The suiciding therorists are with the brain development of primates.

What do you mean by prove?  Certainly your bigotry as expressed here is not proof.  Science itself is not proved but is philosophical.  Ever hear of the philosophy of Science?  Google it, may help your ignorance.

#100 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

I meaned, that the religeous propaganda continues. :)

I wrote, that what the science can't do today, it will be able to do later, in relation of the video, that claims, that the science today can't explain the consciousness. This (the consciousness) will become explained by the science in the future. Aa general, all of the unexplained things in the science, that the religeons use to devalvate the scientific advance, and replace it with the belief in God, or some other shits, are only currently unexplained. They will become explained in the future. The more the science advances, the less things become unexplained, and the less things can be used for the anti-scientific propagandors.

You are not correct, that the intellect needs a soul. The inteligence without a human brain and a soul is already under development. It is called Artificial Intellect (AI).

I am not an expert to say if science relies on proofs or not.

I simply see the results of the science and don't see the results of the praying and the religeon. This is why I believe the science, not the religeon.

For example, the science made a computer. I see it, it is infront of me. I use it even now :) It didn't come from God. Pray God for a computer to spawn from the nothing inside your room. If you do it, I will believe, that there is a God.

I also know about things, that different religeons postulated, and they turned not to be true.

For example, the Christianity for a long time has been postulating, that the Earth is flat. Well, it isn't.

#101 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

SEIVICHO: I meaned, that the religeous propaganda continues. :)

I thought you were talking about yourself and your bigoted statements regarding people who believe in God.

I wrote, that what the science can't do today, it will be able to do later, in relation of thevideo, that claims, that the science today can't explain the consciousness. This (the consciousness) will become explained by the science in the future. Aa general, all of the unexplained things in the science, that the religeons use to devalvate the scientific advance, and replace it with the belief in God, or some other shits, are only currently unexplained. They will become explained in the future. The more the science advances, the less things become unexplained, and the less things can be used for the anti-scientific propagandors.

Is this a statement of Science or of your Atheist faith?  Science studies the physical but does not deal with many things which are not physical such as abstract objects which seem to be the blueprint which guide all physical objects.  They are not physical.  As I said, Science itself is assumed and not scientifically proven as the way to truth.  There are many limitations to Science.

You are not correct, that the intellect needs a soul. The inteligence without a human brain and a soul is already under development. It is called Artificial Intellect (AI).

Artificial intelligence is designed by Souls and is not conscious.  Not only is it designed but
is not self aware or alive.  It is a computer program.

I am not an expert to say if science relies on proofs or not.

I suggest you find out before you put such faith in it.

I simply see the results of the science and don't see the results of the praying and the religeon. This is why I believe the science, not the religeon.
For example, the science made a computer. I see it, it is infront of me. I use it even now :) It didn't come from God. Pray God for a computer to spawn from the nothing inside your room. If you do it, I will believe, that there is a God.
I also know about things, that different religeons postulated, and they turned not to be true.
For example, the Christianity for a long time has been postulating, that the Earth is flat. Well, it isn't.

What ignorance.  I never meet a Christian who thought the earth was flat.  At one time in history everyone thought the earth was flat.  If Christianity was true would you believe?  Science is a method of inquiries not a conclusion.  It is a method of investigation not a religion.  Science did not make a computer, human intelligence did.  Science is a method and a hotly debated one.  What is it?  Anyone who studies the philosophy of science knows there are many definitions of science and its methods change determined by the subject.  A good percentage of the things we know were discovered by accident or did not use the scientific method at all.  Our subject is the soul which is not physical and Science as a method is ill designed to study it.  This does not mean we dan’t study it, we still have logic and reason.

#102 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

You are not correct to say, that the Christianity didnt believe,that the Earth is flat.

You havent met a Christian, who to think, that the Earth is flat, because you havent lived in the middle ages.  

Yes, if everything the Christianity says was true, I would believe it. However it isnt.

You are still not correct, that the intellect needs a soul.

Made from souls or not, conscious or not, the AI is an intellect, and it is without a soul. So, not all possible types of intellect require a soul.

I dont know if the belief, that the science (or the human mind) will be able to do everything in the future is also some sort of a religeon, or as you say it "Atheist faith". If so, I am believing it. Because every day I see arround me many things made from the human mind, and I don't see God.

#103 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

SEIVTCHO: You are not correct to say, that the Christianity didnt believe,that the Earth is flat.

You havent met a Christian, who to think, that the Earth is flat, because you havent lived in the middle ages. 

Neither have you ever meet a Christian who thought the world is flat.  Non Christians in the middle ages also thought the world was flat, shall we make out like all non Christans think the world is flat?  You would have to be pretty stupid to try to make that point.  It is just as stupid to try to make that point about Christians.

Yes, if everything the Christianity says was true, I would believe it. However it isnt.

And how do you know?  Certainly from your above comments about the flat earth you lack a lot of information.  In fact from the time of Copernicus, Christians have thought the world was round.

You are still not correct, that the intellect needs a soul.

In fact consciousness is not material and you cannot show anything solely material that is conscious.  See the attached video below.

Made from souls or not, conscious or not, the AI is an intellect, and it is without a soul. So, not all possible types of intellect require a soul. 

AI is not conscious as the intelligence which designed it is.  AI is “artificial,” and not the same thing as the intelligent being which designed it.

I dont know if the belief, that the science (or the human mind) will be able to do everything in the future is also some sort of a religeon, or as you say it "Atheist faith". If so, I am believing it. Because every day I see arround me many things made from the human mind, and I don't see God. 

Are you saying that if you can’t see something it doesn’t exist and you can’t believe in it?  Weird.  I can think of lots of real things you can’t see.

Edited by shadowhawk, 05 January 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#104 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:57 AM

Saying that the more religious a nation is that conversely the less developed it is is stupid and a crappy generalization.

Many middle Eastern countries such as the UAE or Dubai are pretty well off. Italy during the middle ages was quite advanced. Egypt had many gods and managed the pyramids. Greece also had many gods and wasn't a backward place. And don't forget most western countries have always had religion as a foundation. The ideals may have adapted over the centuries but still most people within for a long time (less these days) identify with some form of belief.

You had the aboriginies of Australia who believed in some dreamt ime theory but as far as I know did not worship idols or 'God' however never invented the wheel.

You could perhaps argue that our belief in an omnipotent super natural perfect all knowing being gave the human race the drive to be the biggest and best they can (as we don't like being beneath anything). So who knows.... Our belief in God may have precipitated us advancing from the stone age.

PS. The bible did not say the earth was flat or that the sun revolved around us (as many uneducated critics like to use as a defence). Quite the contrary it already suggested we were a sphere and revolved around the sun. That stemmed from the politics of the day. It also let us know the existence of 'invisible' germs ~3 melinniea before science worked it out.

I believe humans have spirit. And a way to kill that spirit (and thus when you die it is simple oblivion) is to disbelieve it exists. Believe in it and harness it through life and perhaps you can exist as energy after death. I don't have proof and I don't care :)
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#105 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

Many of your statements are not correct. This leads you to the wrong conclusion, that everything alive will surely die, and only the spirit is immortal. 

First not all possible species will definately die from the cataclisms, you can imagine. I cited you a specie, that can survive in anabiosis even in the open space at absolute zero temperatures, with or without radiation. No matter if you don't believe it or not, it is a fact. Or even if you dream to kill out everything alive in cataclisms, you are not lucky, because at least these organisms can be made to survive or even can survive by their own, without any science backing them up. 

The inquisition is known to have punished people, who claim, that the Earth is not flat. This also is a fact, and you can't change it, no matter if you want it or not. 

Not all forms of intellect need a consciousness to operate. Yes, AI is not conscious as the intelligence which designed it is. And yes, the AI is “artificial,” and not the same thing as the intelligent being which designed it. And yes, still it does NOT need a soul to operate. 

Once the most advanced nations may have been very religeous. Now it is the opposite. 

If you believe, that there is a spirit, then you are easy. Shoot yourself in the head, be immortal :) hahaha 

#106 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:41 AM

I think AI is conscious

#107 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

I think AI is conscious

So.  Give some evidence.

#108 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

I think, that we are going off-topic. The title was "Immortality through spiritual means". We turned it into a debate about if there is a soul or not.

The guy, whoever he is, obviously believes in spiritual things.

So, if you know something spiritual, that can be used for immortality, simply say it to the guy.

#109 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

SEIVTCHO:  Many of your statements are not correct. This leads you to the wrong conclusion, that everything alive will surely die, and only the spirit is immortal.

Nothing purely physical is immortal.

First not all possible species will definately die from the cataclisms, you can imagine. I cited you a specie, that can survive in anabiosis even in the open space at absolute zero temperatures, with or without radiation. No matter if you don't believe it or not, it is a fact. Or even if you dream to kill out everything alive in cataclisms, you are not lucky, because at least these organisms can be made to survive or even can survive by their own, without any science backing them up.

Nonsense.  Where is the evidence?  We are someday going to be inside the surface of the Sun.  Everything on earth that is purely physical will fry.  There is no evidence that life is traveling through space.  That is a theory but litttle to support it.  There are manny planets discovered but very few with even the possibility of supporting life.

The inquisition is known to have punished people, who claim, that the Earth is not flat. This also is a fact, and you can't change it, no matter if you want it or not.

As has been noted by other posters, Christians have long before believed the earth was round.  It is in the Bible.  I would prove it but don’t want to go off subject.

Not all forms of intellect need a consciousness to operate. Yes, AI is not conscious as the intelligence which designed it is. And yes, the AI is “artificial,” and not the same thing as the intelligent being which designed it. And yes, still it does NOT need a soul to operate.

No a computer program does not need a soul to operate.  Neither does a car or many other things physical which humans designed.

Once the most advanced nations may have been very religeous. Now it is the opposite. [/quote]
America is very religius and Science is filed with religious thinkers.  Surely you cant be ignorant of that.  Here is a source to round out your knowledge. http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1596981555/

If you believe, that there is a spirit, then you are easy. Shoot yourself in the head, be immortal :) hahaha 

How stupid.  Typical though.

Edited by shadowhawk, 06 January 2016 - 10:14 PM.

#110 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

I think, that we are going off-topic. The title was "Immortality through spiritual means". We turned it into a debate about if there is a soul or not.

The guy, whoever he is, obviously believes in spiritual things.

So, if you know something spiritual, that can be used for immortality, simply say it to the guy.

OK  There is no hope in only the physical for immortality.  We need something of a different nature which is not subject to the physical laws of nature.  We cannot use physical methods to test for it because it is not physical.  There are abstract objects which are real but not physical.  So it is with the Spirit.

#111 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

I was not talking about the panspermia theory ( https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Panspermia ), but purely for survival of the life.

If the sun strts to elarge, at least one scientist will get the idea to take the most resistent species and shoot them in safe place in the cosmos, away from the enlarged sun. This can be done even today, not mentioning after several billion years, when this enlargenemt is expected to happen.

Your argument, that all possible species will surely die, without any hope, because everything physical will die is busted. There always is hope for the life, no matter of the circumstances. Learn to live with that :) Always some egg survives while the other roaches die.

I think, that you don't accept my arguments, not because you can bust them, but because your mind is so soacked with the Bible, that you have become some sort of a religeous fanatic. No matter what I will be saying to you, you will continue to repeat one and the same things like a bugged mp3 player.

Don't cite the Bible. It has been changed many times from different idiots, in order to adapt it, and make it believable for the crowd.

The older copy of its texts you get, the more different they are. You may use your copy of the Bible to stir your ass. It may be enough for an year, depending on the thikness :) hahaha.

And since noone from the religeous authorities cites the oldest texts, I conclude, these oldest texts are crammed with nonsences.

I think, that we both can make some compromise in order more people to write their views on the topic about the spiritual immortality.

Our both views are clear enough: mine - no soul; yours - there is an immortal soul.

I wonder what else may come out. Some people may cite differentspiritua things, not only religeon.

#112 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

SEVITCHO: I was not talking about the panspermia theory ( https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Panspermia ), but purely for survival of the life.
If the sun strts to elarge, at least one scientist will get the idea to take the most resistent species and shoot them in safe place in the cosmos, away from the enlarged sun. This can be done even today, not mentioning after several billion years, when this enlargenemt is expected to happen.
Your argument, that all possible species will surely die, without any hope, because everything physical will die is busted. There always is hope for the life, no matter of the circumstances. Learn to live with that :) Always some egg survives while the other roaches die.

There is no evidence that life from earth has escaped the earth living or came here living.  We will all be dead long before the Sun consumes us by global warming.  We will be baked.  The only other place we could escape to is many light years away and it woujld take us hundreds of years just to get there.  We still don’t know if such a place exists.   You won’t be there.  You have not one bit of evidence.  So you have busted nothing with your fantasy.

I think, that you don't accept my arguments, not because you can bust them, but because your mind is so soacked with the Bible, that you have become some sort of a religeous fanatic. No matter what I will be saying to you, you will continue to repeat one and the same things like a bugged mp3 player.

You must be smoking something.  I have not been quoting the scriptures.  Where?  As usual all you can do is resort to calling names.

Don't cite the Bible. It has been changed many times from different idiots, in order to adapt it, and make it believable for the crowd.

Where?  Show me where it was changed.

The older copy of its texts you get, the more different they are. You may use your copy of the Bible to stir your ass. It may be enough for an year, depending on the thikness :) hahaha.
And since noone from the religeous authorities cites the oldest texts, I conclude, these oldest texts are crammed with nonsences. 

What nonsense.  It is off topic but you haven’t a clue about how we got the Bible.  Contemporary Bibles are based on the oldest texts.  I am tempted to show how ignorant you are but then I would be tempted to chase your rabbit trail.  So back to the topic at hand.

I think, that we both can make some compromise in order more people to write their views on the topic about the spiritual immortality.
Our both views are clear enough: mine - no soul; yours - there is an immortal soul.
I wonder what else may come out. Some people may cite differentspiritua things, not only religeon.

No one is restricting anyone interested in the topic.  I don’t really care about whether you have a view.  I care if there is any real basis for it.

#113 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

You are repeating one and the same things like a broken record player. Most probabbly because you are a fanatic.

All physical life will die.

No. This idea is outdated.

All cataclisms are esapable from the life. Always at least one living form will remain. For all cataclisms there are survival solutions, that will be made before the cataclism to happen.

There are organisms, that can survive the global warming as species, and yes, I believe, that one of the species, that will survive it, is the human race. Many people may die, but the human kind as a kind, or as a specie will survive.

When the time for the death of the sun goes, at least the most survivable and adaptable species will be sent away from the sun, as it can be done even now. There are several billion years before that. Until then even the entire human race may live outside the solar system.

The tardigrades will survive even the cold death of the universe. Until the cold death of the universe there is even more time. Until then the human anabiosis at absolute zero will be an as standart procedure as it is the laser hair removal today. 

The only thing, that can stop these things from being developed, and that endangers the life on the Earth currently is the stopping of the development of the science, including from fanatic idiots.

Not only the religeous text has changed through the time, but also your bible changes even now. There are many sects of the christianity, each carrying out its own idiotism.

#114 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

SEIVETCHO: You are repeating one and the same things like a broken record player. Most probabbly because you are a fanatic.

Name calling is all you have.  Not interested

“All physical life will die.”
No. This idea is outdated.

Outdated by what?

All cataclisms are esapable from the life. Always at least one living form will remain. For all cataclisms there are survival solutions, that will be made before the cataclism to happen.

Evidence?  This is nonsense.  Anything living can be killed if you take it out of the proper environment.

There are organisms, that can survive the global warming as species, and yes, I believe, that one of the species, that will survive it, is the human race. Many people may die, but the human kind as a kind, or as a specie will survive.

Evidence?  There are some things life can’t survive.  There are environments where life can’t exist, certainly nothing like humans.  This is baseless with no evidence.

When the time for the death of the sun goes, at least the most survivable and adaptable species will be sent away from the sun, as it can be done even now. There are several billion years before that. Until then even the entire human race may live outside the solar system.

You clam humans can do this even now?  Where are you going to go?  How is the entire human race going to get there?  How are you going to get there?  This is delusional.

The tardigrades will survive even the cold death of the universe. Until the cold death of the universe there is even more time. Until then the human anabiosis at absolute zero will be an as standart procedure as it is the laser hair removal today.

You are joking I am sure.  Evidence that anything is surviving in space alive?

The only thing, that can stop these things from being developed, and that endangers the life on the Earth currently is the stopping of the development of the science, including from fanatic idiots.

Don’t tald about yourself this way.

Not only the religeous text has changed through the time, but also your bible changes even now. There are many sects of the christianity, each carrying out its own idiotism.

Not only is this off topic but is a statement of ignorance.  No other literature has as much textual basis as does the bible.  There isn’t even a close second.  I suppose you deny most of history.   However, the real issue is not whether there is some hope for you to live physically an immortal life but whether something non physical exists.  I don’t need to be much of a prophet to suggest you will go the way of all physical things if you are only physical.  So back to the topic..
  • Ill informed x 1

#115 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Evidence, that life survives cataclisms? Ok. The cataclism, that has killed out the dinosaurs havent killed out all possible life forms. The life as a life per se has survived. Otherwise we would not be here at this moment.

I meaned that what people can do today is to take some of the most survivable species and send them in the cosmos beyond the solar system.

Settling of other planets from people will be a matter of the future, but yes, even the last is not impossible per se, only it is for the future.

Alright. Back on the topic. Whether something non physical exists.

Why do you think, that something non physical exists?

#116 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

SEIVETCHO:  Evidence, that life survives cataclisms? Ok. The cataclism, that has killed out the dinosaurs havent killed out all possible life forms. The life as a life per se has survived. Otherwise we would not be here at this moment.

In fact it killed the dinosaurs and had it been a bigger asteroid it could have killed everything.  All life did not survive.  Any human in the path of the asteroid would be dead.  We stand a good chance of killing ourselves or being hit by another object from outter space.  Never mind that entropy guarantees the entire earth will someday be dead, suffering a heat death.

I meaned that what people can do today is to take some of the most survivable species and send them in the cosmos beyond the solar system. 

To where?  The nearest star is over 20 light years away.  It would take us hundreds of years to get there.  You will be long dead.  We don’t even know a habitable planet exists.  So contrary to your claim we can’t do it now, if ever.

Settling of other planets from people will be a matter of the future, but yes, even the last is not impossible per se, only it is for the future.

You won’t be there.  The entire cosmos is expanding faster than our fastest rocket.  If we don’t hurry the train will have left the station and neither you or anyone else will catch it.

Alright. Back on the topic. Whether something non physical exists.
Why do you think, that something non physical exists?

can you think of anything not physical that exists?

#117 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:31 AM

The asteroid may have killed everything on the spot it hit the Earth. The question is, that the aftermath after that hit, for the entire planet, is what killed many life forms, entire species, incuding the dinosaurs, this is why it is a cataclism. But that cataclism didn't manage to kill out all possible forms of life, all possible species to the last individual, of the entire planet. Thus the life has survived the cataclism. And has thrived again. This is an example, proving, that life survives cataclisms. The life is destined to survive. Even if the entire planet gets smashed from a bigger asteroid, there still will remain some extremofil (like those, living directly on the magma in the volcanos, and after erruptions are being shot in the stratosphere alive), that will survive, and will retsart the evolution.

The survivability of the life, and the fact, that there are solutions for each cataclisms you wrote, are arguments against the view, that absolutely everything living will surely die. If the human kind manahes to make it, and survives too, it will be great, but the life and living things do not include only people. It includes absolutely everything alive, and yes, this absolutely everything alive can survive absolutely everythig, with or without the people.

In brief, the idea, that everything living, that is physical will die is wrong.

If the people can survive all possible cataclisms or not is another topic.

And it is a completely third topic if particularly we, the people living today will manage to survive them.

If you want the human kind to survive all possible cataclisms, then the correct way is not to hope, that there is a spirit, but to speed up the science and make the different survival scenarios happen.

And back to the question - why do you think, that the soul exists?

#118 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Great series on the soul

#119 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

SEIVTCHO:  The asteroid may have killed everything on the spot it hit the Earth. The question is, that the aftermath after that hit, for the entire planet, is what killed many life forms, entire species, incuding the dinosaurs, this is why it is a cataclism. But that cataclism didn't manage to kill out all possible forms of life, all possible species to the last individual, of the entire planet. Thus the life has survived the cataclism. And has thrived again. This is an example, proving, that life survives cataclisms. The life is destined to survive. Even if the entire planet gets smashed from a bigger asteroid, there still will remain some extremofil (like those, living directly on the magma in the volcanos, and after erruptions are being shot in the stratosphere alive), that will survive, and will retsart the evolution.

Actually there was an asteroid bombardment before the one that killed the dinosaurs that turned the entire earth into molten lava and there is no evidence that anything we call life survived.  Wnat the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs proves is that cataclysms can and do extinguish life.  The ones coming certainly are on a scale much bigger than the dinosaur asteroid.  As for your theory that life is being shot into space by volcano's, I would like to know your evidence for that..  

The survivability of the life, and the fact, that there are solutions for each cataclisms you wrote, are arguments against the view, that absolutely everything living will surely die. If the human kind manahes to make it, and survives too, it will be great, but the life and living things do not include only people. It includes absolutely everything alive, and yes, this absolutely everything alive can survive absolutely everythig, with or without the people.
In other words the life form lnown as humans, can be extinguished but there are life forms not human that can/t?  By the way, just as human life can be extinguished so can any form.  We can kill anything ourselves.

In brief, the idea, that everything living, that is physical will die is wrong.

There are environments where no life cam presently exist.  Astronomers are even now trying to find places where life CAN exist.  So far they have not found anything.  Thr way you describe it, life should be everywhere.

If the people can survive all possible cataclisms or not is another topic.

Hardly.  What is it to you if some virus survives?  You will be physically dead.

And it is a completely third topic if particularly we, the people living today will manage to survive them. 

If the “You” is only physical, you won’t.  So it is on topic.

If you want the human kind to survive all possible cataclisms, then the correct way is not to hope, that there is a spirit, but to speed up the science and make the different survival scenarios happen. 

Science?  You are not going to change the fundamental laws of science which predicts your death.

And back to the question - why do you think, that the soul exists?
I have presented several reasons already and you have not dealt with them.  Let’s deal with another, Near death experiences next.

#120 shadowhawk

• Guest, Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: immortality, life extension, spiritual, religious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users