Nilotinib Group Buy

nilotinib

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
691 replies to this topic

#61 roydeman

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:22 AM

I may or may not opt in for this buy. Not because of price really, but because I want to wait for more safety info.

I do not have Parkinson's. However I am fairly certain it is in my near future. However, I have some co-morbid issues (Type 1 Diabetes) and am just not sure how safe it is.

So I really want to be able to find more info, because right now we don't know if it will prevent PD, and the risks are high related to my diabetes (nilotinib is known to worsen blood sugar levels significantly)

So until some people report results, or we find out how long it is "shelf" stable (so I could hold on to it) I can't opt in.

I am definitely in for a future buy, and truly appreciate your hard work, Logic.

Edited by roydeman, 19 February 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#62 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

I may or may not opt in for this buy. Not because of price really, but because I want to wait for more safety info.

I do not have Parkinson's. However I am fairly certain it is in my near future. However, I have some co-morbid issues (Type 1 Diabetes) and am just not sure how safe it is.

So I really want to be able to find more info, because right now we don't know if it will prevent PD, and the risks are high related to my diabetes (nilotinib is known to worsen blood sugar levels significantly)

Thx for replying roydeman. No problem. you have legit concerns if you are a type 1 diabetic.
There was a VERY interesting post called 'rejuvenating the pancreas' IIRC ...
I don't think this is it, but its close:
http://www.longecity...iabetes-type-i/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11108273

You did see the Novartis stability report I posted showing "No change for the chemical results has been observed over 3 months at 50°C. Regarding the physical data, no change has been observed for the appearance and the mean mass."
 http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=761205

So until some people report results, or we find out how long it is "shelf" stable (so I could hold on to it) I can't opt in.

I am definitely in for a future buy, and truly appreciate your hard work, Logic.

Thx roydaman. :)

It's a pity that it turned out that my drop shipping and escrow service research wasn't of any use here. It took a bloody long time and I fear everyone may have lost interest in this buy?
Its expensive too, although much cheaper than the 'official' price.

I am thinking of asking for new quotes 'as the old ones are outdated and as I would like the quote to show reflect the shipping cost to the USA', as well as somehow hinting at noot_in_the_sky's quote of 1 kg for USD 4,200..?  :)

I just worry about them cutting corners in the production process if squeezed too much?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Progress report:

I am afraid that my plans for the perfect group buy, using an escrow account for payment and a drop shipper are not going to work out.
I am proposing changing the plan to a normal buy with the assistance of members for local shipping:

Escrow just won't work for us:

After much negotiating it is evident that none of the legitemate Escrow services, except escrow.com will accept payments via Paypal for some reason.

But Escrow.com:

• Refuses to accept payments from multiple parties.
  • Has hidden egregious fees (disbursement etc) that are 'hidden' elsewhere on their site:

Their fee calculator page calculates gave the fee on a $6000 transaction as $ 165.10

But further down on the page:

• "Transactions with a Buyer outside the United States will be charged an additional $25.00"

Elsewhere on the site (ie: not even on the fees page):

• "Credit card and PayPal payments are accepted only for Premier Service level...and are subject to Escrow.com approval."

Now the 'premier service' is not charged @ 3.25% but 6.3%..!

Further research uncovered the fact that Escrow.com has been bought by Matt Barrie of freelancer.com, which has less than flattering reviews on the internet!
https://omnipresentw...com-complaints/

In Summary:

IMHO the only escrow service that may have worked has  egregious, hidden fees that we would be obliged to pay once they had received the initial 'hook amount' from us, making me 'as popular as baked beans on a bus trip' if we had taken that route on my recommendation!

The manufacturers I have received quotes from, on the other hand, do seem to have pretty good reputations on Longecity and elsewhere.
So I now propose we go with a normal buy and just send the whole package to the lab (in America) to be tested.
If the lab discovers that the Nilotinib is unfit for our consumption due to residual solvents etc; they will be able to purify it further by a process called recrystallization.
This will mean an additional cost, but at least we won't have lost all our money.

Shipping:

There just aren't any drop shippers that will aliquot and ship medications.

Most all 'drop shippers' have their own product line consisting of knockoffs and dildos etc, where you essentially sign up to be a salesman for them, at your cost..!
ie:  It was a huge waste of my time to even look.

I have arranged to have the Nilotinib shipped as far as the lab in Baltimore.
I hope that someone close to Baltimore can then receive the package divide it up and package it properly, and then post off the Nilotinib to everyone for an appropriate small fee?

This packaging and shipping fee would depend on the container that the chosen person chose to use and on the distance that the parcel had to go.

This still has to be worked worked out and is not included in the cost below, but it looks to be about $20.

(I can do this myself, except I am far away from everyone here in South Africa, which would add to cost, and the postal system here is ...'unreliable' nowadays.

There are one or two respected, qualified moderators I will approach about doing us this favour, if no-one in the group buy is keen or agreeable to everyone.)

Cost:
I have managed to negotiate a small discount with the manufacturer, but dont think its a good idea to 'push it' as they may then cut corners in their manufacturing process to lower their costs.

The cost of the 500 grams of stable Nilotinib Hydrochloride Monohydrate, as used in the Parkinson's study, should remain at $ 6000 IMHO.

But this now includes shipping to the lab in America, plus $100? for the shipper/packager and packaging.

ie: A cost of $ 12.00 / gram = $ 54.00 - $ 108.00 per month at 150 - 300 mg per day.
Plus ~$ 70 for testing and shipping.

The cost of the lab tests is $ 600 for LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and GC-MS.

That cost will be shared evenly between the members of the group buy, so the more members the better

ie:  If you know anyone who might be interested; put on you salesman hat!   :)
I will look for appropriate threads to post in too.

So far the following people are interested:

Person                            # of grams    Price USD    Testing and shipping
resveratrol_guy              100 g            1200             ~70
LongLife                         100 g            1200             ~70
themadscientist              20 g              240               ~70
rikelme                           50 g              600                ~70
ceridwen                        30 g ?           360 ?             ~70
roydeman                      50-100g        600 - 1200     ~70
Logic                              30 g              360                ~70
deetown                         20 g              240                ~70 
geo12the                       25 g              300                ~70
csimon02                       50 g              600                ~70
stefan_001                    ?? g               ???                ~70

That works out to 550 - 600 grams excluding stefan_001

People please confirm:

• That you are happy with the above so far (hopefully   :) ) by posting here again.
  • Add your country for shipping cost calculations.

Please let us know if you are willing to receive the package divide it up and package it properly, and then post off the Nilotinib to everyone for an appropriate small fee? (Preferably someone close to Baltimore)

#64 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

Tried to delete that post above...I think the plan Logic laid out looks great. I am in the US but not near Baltimore.

• Agree x 1

#65 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:08 PM

Ok

#66 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:16 PM

Thx csimon02 for confirming  that :

• you are still committed to the group buy.
  • the amount in grams that you want is 50 g.
  • you are in the USA.

Thx ceridwen for confirming  that :

• you are still committed to the group buy.
  • the amount in grams that you want is 30 g?
  • you are in the UK? (I believe?)

Once enough people have confirmed the above the next step will be to collect the funds and pay the manufacturer and testing lab after which the Nilotinib will be shipped to the testing lab in Baltimore in the USA.

The distribution will sort itself out one way or another.
I'll ask Maxwatt or Niner very nicely if they would be so kind as to do it, if there aren't any acceptable volunteers.

I hope we hear from the other interested members soon!

:)

#67 roydeman

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

Thank you for the info Logic.

Since you seem to know quite a bit, what is your opinion in regards to Nilotinib's effect.

Do you think it has the potential to delay the effects of PD?

The only other thing that I have found that seems promising is Ursodeoxycholic Acid (it is orally bioavailable, gets to the CNS, and has been shown to protect mitochondria) I take 1,200mg daily.

My assumption based on 23andme and various other testing is that I have some issue with Alpha Synuclein, either too much or what I have forms into the pathologic state. I would love one of the anti-synculein drugs in trial, however most are Phase I, so I am not keen on waiting 5-10years.

I'd appreciate your input.

#68 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

Thank you for the info Logic.

Since you seem to know quite a bit, what is your opinion in regards to Nilotinib's effect.

Do you think it has the potential to delay the effects of PD?

The only other thing that I have found that seems promising is Ursodeoxycholic Acid (it is orally bioavailable, gets to the CNS, and has been shown to protect mitochondria) I take 1,200mg daily.

My assumption based on 23andme and various other testing is that I have some issue with Alpha Synuclein, either too much or what I have forms into the pathologic state. I would love one of the anti-synculein drugs in trial, however most are Phase I, so I am not keen on waiting 5-10years.

I'd appreciate your input.

Thx roydeman :)
I don't have any formal training in the field and the more I learn; the more I realize how little I know!
Hopefully I will continue to learn and figure things out without killing myself!  :-D

I do think N has the potential to delay PD.

It clears misfolded proteins from cells which has the remarkable effects seen in the phase 1 PD study and also would clear old, misbehaving mitochondria.
Mitochondria produce energy for the cell and old, misbehaving mitochondria.have also been implicated in PD.
The above are implicated in aging in general, so it's possible that N also has aging reversal or slowing potential

The question we don't have the answer to is whether a smaller daily or every other day dose, or once a week dose would be a good prophylactic for PD and senility in general.

The threads on substances with the same problem tend to build up a store of anecdotal reports and a picture that answers your question begins to form.
The NSI-189 thread is a good example of this:
http://www.longecity.../58442-nsi-189/

As nilotinib is a powerful drug with some frightening though rare side effects in those with mineral deficiencies etc; I don't know that the same will happen here very fast, but  lets hope so.

Thx for the Ursodeoxycholic Acid info.

I'm still reading up on Alpha Synuclein, so dont want to comment as yet.
https://cse.google.c...Alpha Synuclein

You will find this thread particularly interesting:

http://www.longecity...ease-functions/

At the end of the day we want to figure how to stop proteins from being misfolded in the 1st place.
There is a viral association with some (or all?) forms of PD that may have something to do with it.
This may partly explain why some PD sufferers derive great benefit from Virgin Coconut Oil.

The other part of the explanation is that the brain is able to use the MCTs as an alternate source of energy to carbs and is often unable to use carbs due to 'diabetes type II of the brain' in this setting.
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=715395

Ah-ha!:   :)

Tuberculosis vaccine; in use for 90 yrs; reverse Type 1 diabetes

http://www.longecity...ype-1-diabetes/

Edited by Logic, 21 February 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• Informative x 2

#69 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:47 PM

Did georgetown say who paid for the 12 person study?

#70 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

resveratrol_guy, via PM, has confirmed that:

• He still committed to the group buy.
  • the amount in grams that he wants is 100 g.
  • He is in the USA?

Thx RG.

So; so far we have confirmation from:
resveratrol_guy 100 g at $ 1200 +  ~$ 70 for testing and shipping to the lab in the US.
csimon02            50 g         600       ~$ 70
ceridwen             30 g         360       ~$ 70
Me                      30 g         360       ~$ 70
Total                 210 g         2520

We need the following people to confirm:
Person                            # of grams    Price USD    Testing and shipping
LongLife                         100 g            1200             ~70
themadscientist              20 g              240               ~70
rikelme                           50 g              600               ~70
deetown                         20 g              240               ~70
geo12the                       25 g              300               ~70
stefan_001                    ?? g               ???              ~70

To make up the full 500g minimum order and to keep the Lab testing and shipping at ~ $ 70
I will PM them again, I do hope they are still interested?

csimon02 PMed and asked:

...how does the money part work? No offense, but I don't know you...I'm sure others have the same reservation, so maybe you could clarify that aspect?

My reply:

A valid concern!

Its a pity about there not being a escrow service that meets our needs, but such is life.
Maybe one will act on my suggestions in time.

The norm on the forums is to choose a member who is respected/trustworthy and values their reputation on the forum and pay the money into their paypal account.
That member is usually the group buy organiser.  ie: Me, in this case.

Now my saying that I'm trustworthy does not mean a damn thing so in this case all you have to go on is the fact that other long time members of the forum who know me; trust me and haven't even brought up the issue...
Believe me; if someone on the forum considered a group buy organiser untrustworthy  they would post so in the thread and everywhere...!

You could look for other long time members you have posted in the same threads as myself, PM them and get a 'reference'.

The other person who comes to mind as a 'banker' for the buy is Niner, our trusted mentor and moderator,  but I have not discussed this with him at all as he is busy enough as it is and has showed no interest in the group buy besides advising me on labs and  testing.

Putting a face to a name helps a bit.
[My Facebook link was here.  I am happy to share it via PM]
Now you can track me down and kill me if necessary!  :-D

If there are other concerns or questions; plz feel free to post them here.

I am thinking of contacting all the manufacturers that quoted and hint at the quote that noot_in_the_sky got and generally trying to get a better quote as the price is probably the biggest hurdle holding back this buy.
I worry that the manufacturers may decide to cut corners in the manufacturing process to quote lower, resulting in an inferior product?

Thoughts everyone?

#71 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Did georgetown say who paid for the 12 person study?

The phase I study received philanthropic funding and was supported by the Georgetown-Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science.

https://gumc.georget...e-in-Parkinsons

Sponsor:
Georgetown University

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT02281474

Info on how N was 'discovered' for PD:

Moussa knew that in people who have Parkinson's disease with dementia or a related condition called Lewy body dementia, toxic proteins build up in certain brain cells, eventually killing them. Moussa thought nilotinib might be able to reverse this process.

His reasoning was that nilotinib activates a system in cells that works like a garbage disposal — it clears out unwanted proteins. Also, Moussa had shown that while cancer cells tend to die when exposed to nilotinib, brain cells actually become healthier.

So Moussa had his lab try the drug on brain cells in a petri dish. "And we found that, surprisingly, with a very little amount of the drug we can clear all these proteins that are supposed to be neurotoxic," he says.

Next, Moussa had his team give the drug to transgenic mice that were almost completely paralyzed from Parkinson's disease. The treatment "rescued" the animals, he says, allowing them to move almost as well as healthy mice.

Moussa's mice got the attention of Pagan from Georgetown's Movement Disorders Program. "When Dr. Moussa showed them to me," Pagan says, "it looked like, hey, this is type of drug that we've been looking for because it goes to the root of the problem."

The pilot study was designed to determine whether nilotinib was safe for Parkinson's patients and to determine how much drug from the capsules they were taking was reaching their brains. "But we also saw efficacy, which is really unheard of in a safety study," Pagan says.

http://www.npr.org/s...se-and-dementia

• Informative x 1

#72 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

I agree with your initial thinking, Logic, in which you proposed not attempting to negotiate too harshly, lest the vendor be tempted to cut corners. Let the market set the price, not arm twisting.

Yes, I'm in the USA, but not in the Baltimore area. And yes, I confirm my original order above.

Oxaloacetate (Benagene) would almost certainly be of use to mitigate any undesired effects on blood sugar, although it seems to do so via pancreatic islet cell growth, which at least in theory could be cacinogenic (I doubt it, though).

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 23 February 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#73 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

I agree with your initial thinking, Logic, in which you proposed not attempting to negotiate too harshly, lest the vendor be tempted to cut corners. Let the market set the price, not arm twisting.

Yes, I'm in the USA, but not in the Baltimore area. And yes, I confirm my original order above.

Oxaloacetate (Benagene) would almost certainly be of use to mitigate any undesired effects on blood sugar, although it seems to do so via pancreatic islet cell growth, which at least in theory could be cacinogenic (I doubt it, though).

Thx RG
I also don't think it a good idea to try and set off a bidding war and end up withDrano or something. :)
Problem is we are sitting at only 210 grams, confirmed and need a minimum of 500.
If the supplier/s enquires again; I will say that the holdup seems to be price related...and mention the # of grams confirmed.

I am starting to really regret the time I wasted on escrow and drop shipper research as people seem to have lost interest in this buy.
I do hope the have the good grace to actually post their disinterest here.
My friend here's opinion of me is decreasing fast!  

I have posted on a couple of PD forums to try and drum up more interested people, but as I am unknown there...

Benagene: "pancreatic islet cell growth"

Interesting! thx.

#74 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

I'm still excited about this. I hope the others chime in.

#75 noot_in_the_sky

• Topic Starter
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

Put me in for 50g, and I'm in the U.S, not near Baltimore.  Nonetheless, I can still help with ship the end product to other people.

#76 Goldengirl

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

" they gave me a quote of 1 kg for USD 4,200. 1kg is enough for ~3333 doses @ 300mg/day -which will be $1.26/mg. Anyone interested please let us know."
At 150 mg per day, doesn't this work out at around £150 a day?
Bit out of most people's league I'm afraid!

#77 noot_in_the_sky

• Topic Starter
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

" they gave me a quote of 1 kg for USD 4,200. 1kg is enough for ~3333 doses @ 300mg/day -which will be $1.26/mg. Anyone interested please let us know."

1kg = 1,000 grams

300mg per day  = .3 grams per day

1 000grams / .3g per day = 3333.33 doses

4 2000 dollar / 3333 doses = 1.26 dollars per dose OR 1.26 dollars per day

@ 150mg OR  .15grams

4 2000 dollars / (1 000 /.15 ) =  .63 cents per dos OR .63 cents per day

$ 1 USD =  £ .72

Which means,  300mg/day costs £ .90 and 150mg/day costs £ .45.

#78 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

Hi Goldengirl
Welcome to Longecity!   :)
I am glad to see my posting on Parkinson's forums elsewhere has had some effect.
I do hope more people like yourself join us.
It saddens me to see people wilfully ignore this opportunity...  and the lengths to which site owners will go to keep their 'clients'/income. 

Do note that; that quote was not for the Nilotinib Hydrochloride Monohydrate, as used in the Parkinson's study unfortunately, but plain unstable Nilotinib.

You will find the group buy price and other pertinent info here: 
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=762480

A cost of $ 12.00 / gram = $ 54.00 - $ 108.00 per month at 150 - 300 mg per day.
Plus ~$ 70 for testing and shipping to the lab in the USA.

The package will then be split up and shipped on to everyone involved. That will be an extra minor cost sadly and has, as yet, not been included due to the differences in the distances that each package will travel.

Thx again:  you made my day simply by showing up here!  :)

Edited by Logic, 24 February 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#79 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Put me in for 50g, and I'm in the U.S, not near Baltimore.  Nonetheless, I can still help with ship the end product to other people.

Hey Noot   :)

My apologies; you weren't even on the list as you went quiet so early on.

We are now up to 260 grams confirmed.

Thx so much for the offer to do the after test splitting up of the parcel, packaging and shipping.
This is no small task considering the sanitary standards and packaging required. 
Where are you situated?

I hope everyone is happy with Noot_in_the_sky for this role?

Edited by Logic, 24 February 2016 - 08:29 PM.

#80 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for volunteering, noot.
  • Agree x 1

#81 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

I am trying to drum up interest in a Nilotinib group buy.
It occurred to me that I am not well known in the Brain Health sub-forum and that people here may be more interested:

"This drug, in very low doses, turns on the garbage disposal machinery inside neurons to clear toxic proteins from the cell. By clearing intracellular proteins, the drug prevents their accumulation in pathological inclusions called Lewy bodies and/or tangles, and also prevents amyloid secretion into the extracellular space between neurons, so proteins do not form toxic clumps or plaques in the brain,” says the study’s senior investigator, neuroscientist Charbel E-H Moussa, MB, PhD...

...Nilotinib "offers a unique and exciting strategy to treat neurodegenerative diseases that feature abnormal buildup of proteins in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), frontotemporal dementia, Huntington's disease and Lewy body dementia, among others."

http://explore.georg.../news/?ID=70332

Nilotinib increases endogenous parkin levels, boosting autophagy.
Parkin is also selectively recruited  to impaired mitochondria and promotes their autophagy.
This makes it interesting for longevity in general IMHO.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3975659/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2592826/

So if you know anyone with:

• Parkinson’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Frontotemporal Dementia
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

See the group buy thread here:
http://www.longecity...roup-buy/page-2

#82 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Nilotinib increases endogenous parkin levels, boosting autophagy.
Parkin is also selectively recruited  to impaired mitochondria and promotes their autophagy.
This makes it interesting for longevity in general IMHO.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3975659/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2592826/

So it's good for:

• Alzheimer’s disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Frontotemporal Dementia
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

not just Parkinson’s disease.

Lets try get to 500 grams! :)

#83 Goldengirl

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

"Online Price

Online you can find best and most valuable price of Tasigna, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation online Tasigna price is 0.5352 US Dollar for delivery from USA to any country (Canda, uk, europe or australia) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation may charge extra. Its active ingredients are – 200 mg/1 NILOTINIB. To buy Tasigna at lowest price try to compare the Ingredients for different brands.

Price in UK.

In uk Tasigna 200 mg/1 CAPSULE is expensive comparatively Australia and USA, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation brand price is far higher than USA and Australia. GBP 0.755272727. Uk govt have special commission to regulate prices but beacuse of labor cost etc the price in uk is higher. Price in uk is – GBP 0.755272727. in uk several other companies sales NILOTINIB."
It seems cheaper to buy from an established wholesaler but how do you get a prescription?

#84 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

"Online Price

Online you can find best and most valuable price of Tasigna, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation online Tasigna price is 0.5352 US Dollar for delivery from USA to any country (Canda, uk, europe or australia) Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation may charge extra. Its active ingredients are – 200 mg/1 NILOTINIB. To buy Tasigna at lowest price try to compare the Ingredients for different brands.

Price in UK.

In uk Tasigna 200 mg/1 CAPSULE is expensive comparatively Australia and USA, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation brand price is far higher than USA and Australia. GBP 0.755272727. Uk govt have special commission to regulate prices but beacuse of labor cost etc the price in uk is higher. Price in uk is – GBP 0.755272727. in uk several other companies sales NILOTINIB."
It seems cheaper to buy from an established wholesaler but how do you get a prescription?

At 1st I thought you had saved me and everyone a whole lot of trouble GG!

I just did a Local site search for the manufactures already used by the Longecity community and never did just google 'buy Nilotinib price check' ?

Here is the site you found:

That price works out to $ 2.68 per gram in the USA!
At that price you can be sure its not Novartis' product as stated on the site:

"...cost of nilotinib for the treatment of CML is about $10,360 a month for 800 mg daily. The dose used in this study was 150 and 300 mg daily..."

https://gumc.georget...-Clinical-Trial

(I got the price wrong myself it seems: $ 431.67 per gram is the correct Novartis price)

So more sleuthing of the same type as with the manufacturer,  testing lab, escrow and drop shipper vetting:

gives this result for

• Registrant Name: Pramvir Rathee
  • Registrant Organization: Alakhpura Community
  • Registrant Street: sof Anil Kumar, h.n. 249 ,Vpo alakhpura
  • Registrant Street: teh Bawani Khera
  • Registrant City: Bhiwani
  • Registrant State/Province: Haryana
  • Registrant Postal Code: 127041
  • Registrant Country: IN
  • Registrant Phone: +91.9996668935
  • Registrant Email: 0to9to0@gmail.com

Which gave me a company name to search for:  

Alakhpura Community

This brought up the fact that Pramvir Rathee has another... 'company'

Why two sites  for the same thing...?

Another site in his name:

(There are also a good number of defunct, abandoned sites that used to be in his name.)

The company name 'Alakhpura Community' is not registered in India where, according to the domain register, Pramvir Rathe and  Alakhpura Community are resident.

At that price its still worth a try to see if you have found a legitimate, cheap supplier, but you dont just pop something like Nilotinib to see what happens..!

So proper lab analysis is still going to run you/us $600.

Edited by Logic, 25 February 2016 - 10:28 PM.

#85 Goldengirl

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

Seems this is more difficult than I thought!
You were looking for 1 tablet...you can get a free sample if that helps...

http://www.medchemex...ckage=100mg/$50
Good hunting!
GG
  • Informative x 1

#86 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

New quote!  Much lower price!

I have done an even more extensive search of Longecity Looking for all the labs successfully used to buy obscure supps and meds.
I found 2 more obscure references tracked down the labs, checked them out, and contacted them asking for a quote:

"0.5 kg Nilotinib HCL 99% at USD 4305, in stock, shipped to USA"  !!!   :)

They have it in stock, so its not a synthesis specifically for us, which probably explains the much lower price.

That's $ 8.61 per gram.

$ 38.75 - $ 77.50 per month at 150 mg - 300 mg per day.

I am confirming that the Nilotinib HCL is in fact Nilotinib Hydrochloride Monohydrate, as used in the Parkinson's study.

Edited by Logic, 28 February 2016 - 05:56 PM.

#87 csimon02

• 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Great news Logic! Do any of these labs have smaller minimum buys?

#88 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

LOGIC; Greetings! Much better news on the pricing. What is the news on the independent analysis, Does this company (supplier) provide that data sheet and references? Has a reliable independent company been found for analysis? What about contacting the people involved in the studies, as some of them are likely to be associated with universities and know of laboratories, companies, that do chemical analysis of samples.

The police, drug enforcement, may give a lead from a large city. Just a thought. Also you had asked about deliver locations, I am in Norther Peru, the city is Chiclayo in Lambayeque Region (similar to a providence or State). Cheers.

#89 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

Great news Logic! Do any of these labs have smaller minimum buys?

A very good point Csimon02! :)
If they have it in stock; there should be no problem buying less.

I just received an Email  confirming that it is Nilotinib Hydrochloride Monohydrate"

"Re:  0.5 kg Nilotinib HCL monohydrate 99%

It is correct that the full name of the goods is Nilotinib HCL monohydrate"

I will ask about a lower amount once the amount sorts itself out.
ie: people may change the amount they want and more may be interested.

We also have to remember that the more people there are; the lower the shipping and testing cost for each of us...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

LOGIC; Greetings! Much better news on the pricing. What is the news on the independent analysis, Does this company (supplier) provide that data sheet and references? Has a reliable independent company been found for analysis? What about contacting the people involved in the studies, as some of them are likely to be associated with universities and know of laboratories, companies, that do chemical analysis of samples.

The police, drug enforcement, may give a lead from a large city. Just a thought. Also you had asked about deliver locations, I am in Norther Peru, the city is Chiclayo in Lambayeque Region (similar to a providence or State). Cheers.

Hey LongLife   :)

The 3rd party independent analysis lab has been organised for a long time now.
It took a lot of doing find one willing to work with me/us as they all want to work for a large company and don't even bother replying to individuals...
Also figuring out which tests need to be done.  (Niner was a great help with this)
And finding MS-MS data/graphs to compare the sample against.

Email from the lab:

"...What we are both saying is essentially this: I have material purported to
be pure Nilotinib. I want to be sure it is indeed so and have some metrics
on its purity. Also I want to have assurance that whatever physiological
effects I observe are due to the title compound. Last, not least, I want
to assure well being of the test subjects.

LC-MS, LC-MS/MS with UV detection will yield identity and purity data.
GC-MS will tell about presence of residual solvents.

Testing for heavy metals. Having a good idea about how complex organic
compounds are made I can tell this: IF some material yields a single peak
on HPLC (one target compound) and essentially flat GC-MS trace, the
manufacturer utilized adequate controls to have material free of heavy
metals...

~$600 will get you LC-MS, LC-MS/MS and GC-MS tests done. A report with
findings, pertinent chromatograms and experimental conditions will be
provided..."

"Does this company (supplier) provide that data sheet and references?"

The suppliers supply a COA, but that could be faked.  Hence 3rd party testing.
I'm not sure what you mean by references?  The company has been used by LC members in the past and they were happy with the service and product/s they received.

"Northern Peru, the city is Chiclayo in Lambayeque Region"

Noted. Thx.

Edited by Logic, 29 February 2016 - 08:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nilotinib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users