Nilotinib Group Buy

nilotinib

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
691 replies to this topic

#91 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:00 PM

Good news; the manufacturer has agreed to a minimum order size of 200 grams and we are over that amount already.

Confirmed group buy members:
So; so far we have confirmation from:

• resveratrol_guy 100 g at $  861.00  Shipped to Baltimore
  • csimon02            50 g         430.50   
  • ceridwen             30 g         258.30       
  • Me                      30 g         258.30      
  • noot_in_the_sky 50 g         430.50
  • LongLife           100 g         861.00

Total                 360 g         3099.60

That's 6 people confirmed.
3rd party lab testing is $ 600.
So $ 100 per confirmed person would need to be added to the above prices for each person, bringing the totals too:

• resveratrol_guy     $ 961
  • csimon02               $ 530.50 
  • ceridwen                $ 358.30     
  • Me                          $ 358.30    
  • noot_in_the_sky  $ 530.50
  • LongLife               $ 961.00

I am PMing everyone to begin collecting funds.

Once all have paid, the supplier and lab will be paid and noot_in_the_sky will split up the package and post it on to each person.

This postage price will differ for each person, depending on their location, but should be no more than $ 20.

Unconfirmed:

Der Springende Punkt   75 g    $ 645.75

themadscientist             20 g    $ 172.2
rikelme                          50 g    $ 430.50
deetown                        20 g    $ $ 172.2
stefan_001                    ?? g    $ ???
geo12the                       25 g    $ 215.25

If the other 6 come onboard; lab testing prices drop to $ 50 per person.

I am PMing them now.

NB that prices will drop if more people join the buy.

PMs are being sent to them now.

I hope they join the buy at the new price.

#92 noot_in_the_sky

• Topic Starter
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

I know I've kept silent, but I have been here silently observing like a ninja.  :ph34r:

I live in South Texas, so the lab will have to ship it to me since I'm not near Baltimore.

I was planing on shipping in a flat rate small box, or padded envelope both ship anywhere in the US for $6.80, and arrive in 1 - 3 days.  As for people outside of the US the price will be different; I guess each person can let me know how fast they want it to get it deliver.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:44 PM

Der Springende Punkt has committed to 20 grams. Thx.

He also brought up concerns related to the package getting through customs.

I am aware of these issues, as is the manufacturer.

Theywill be taken care of (I won't go into details here...) and the package will be sent via Fedex to the testing lab's door.

Keep em coming people!
:)

#94 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

Greetings:

What is the time line for testing?

I have a missionary friend coming from Dallas, Texas the lats few days of the month, I'm trying to get the date now. He will hand carry it to me; Postage (2nd day) to Texas.

This going to be more than what I originally was expecting @ $500, so let;s see who confirms purchase and I will adjust my 100 grams to MAYBE like 60 or 75 grams but I will NOT back out of the deal. 

What is the final cost per gram?

I understand about post & test cost being a variable; +-$50

I need an e-mail with banking data and who the money is going to be sent to. I use CHASE so I can send a person to person OR PayPal. I hope that is acceptable payment form.

I am glad I checked in tonight.

What are we going to do if this is not what we think it is? Any recourse?

I want to express my gratitude for everyone who has undertaken this endeavor and may you be Blessed. Thank you.

Greetings:

I have a missionary friend coming from Dallas, Texas the lats few days of the month, I'm trying to get the date now. He will hand carry it to me; Postage (2nd day) to Texas.

This going to be more than what I originally was expecting @ $500, so let;s see who confirms purchase and I will adjust my 100 grams to MAYBE like 60 or 75 grams but I will NOT back out of the deal. 

I need an e-mail with banking data and who the money is going to be sent to. I use CHASE so I can send a person to person OR PayPal. I hope that is acceptable payment form.

I want to express my gratitude for everyone who has undertaken this endeavor and may you be Blessed. Thank you.

#95 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Thank you for the info Logic.

Since you seem to know quite a bit, what is your opinion in regards to Nilotinib's effect.

Do you think it has the potential to delay the effects of PD?

The only other thing that I have found that seems promising is Ursodeoxycholic Acid (it is orally bioavailable, gets to the CNS, and has been shown to protect mitochondria) I take 1,200mg daily.

My assumption based on 23andme and various other testing is that I have some issue with Alpha Synuclein, either too much or what I have forms into the pathologic state. I would love one of the anti-synculein drugs in trial, however most are Phase I, so I am not keen on waiting 5-10years.

I'd appreciate your input.

Thx roydeman :)
I don't have any formal training in the field and the more I learn; the more I realize how little I know!
Hopefully I will continue to learn and figure things out without killing myself!  :-D

I do think N has the potential to delay PD.

It clears misfolded proteins from cells which has the remarkable effects seen in the phase 1 PD study and also would clear old, misbehaving mitochondria.
Mitochondria produce energy for the cell and old, misbehaving mitochondria.have also been implicated in PD.
The above are implicated in aging in general, so it's possible that N also has aging reversal or slowing potential

The question we don't have the answer to is whether a smaller daily or every other day dose, or once a week dose would be a good prophylactic for PD and senility in general.

The threads on substances with the same problem tend to build up a store of anecdotal reports and a picture that answers your question begins to form.
The NSI-189 thread is a good example of this:
http://www.longecity.../58442-nsi-189/

As nilotinib is a powerful drug with some frightening though rare side effects in those with mineral deficiencies etc; I don't know that the same will happen here very fast, but  lets hope so.

Thx for the Ursodeoxycholic Acid info.

I'm still reading up on Alpha Synuclein, so dont want to comment as yet.
https://cse.google.c...Alpha Synuclein

You will find this thread particularly interesting:

http://www.longecity...ease-functions/

At the end of the day we want to figure how to stop proteins from being misfolded in the 1st place.
There is a viral association with some (or all?) forms of PD that may have something to do with it.
This may partly explain why some PD sufferers derive great benefit from Virgin Coconut Oil.

The other part of the explanation is that the brain is able to use the MCTs as an alternate source of energy to carbs and is often unable to use carbs due to 'diabetes type II of the brain' in this setting.
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=715395

Ah-ha!:   :)

Tuberculosis vaccine; in use for 90 yrs; reverse Type 1 diabetes

http://www.longecity...ype-1-diabetes/

LOGIC:

Quoting you in two sentences below, do you have any sites please.

"There is a viral association with some (or all?) forms of PD that may have something to do with it."

What are the viruses? Their names?

"This may partly explain why some PD sufferers derive great benefit from Virgin Coconut Oil."

Are you eluding to Candida a.?

Any sites would be appreciated LOGIC.

I have read via PLAYGROUND on the Alzheimer's threads that some bacterial infections are believed to be associated with Alzheimer's; realizing that not ALL diseases [Alzheimer's/Parkinson] in every individual is the "same" disease. Meaning some shared symptoms but different causes...with some of the same causes. These are multi symptom and multi caused diseases, correct? 

#96 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Greetings:

This is one thing I have not looked at:
I know that the testing at the lab will take a week, but do not know how long Fedex will take to get the parcel from the manufacturer, to the testing lab.
I will ask.

Nilotinib:
$ 8.61 per gram, delivered to the testing lab.
The minimum order is 200 grams.

Testing:
$ 600 divided by the number of people who buy into the group buy.
I have set the minimum # of peole at 6, so $ 100 each.
If less than 6 people buy in, but the total amount is over 200 grams; those that have paid in will need to decide how they would like to proceed:
Either pay in more to cover the $ 600 for testing, or skip testing and be refunded the $ 100 they paid in.
If more than 6 people join; I will refund the difference saved on testing.

So the amount I require is $ 8.61 X the # of grams you want + $ 100

All funds will be in my Paypal; account up to this point and refundable.

Postage of the split up parcel, to each individual will vary depending on their location.
This cost has not been set yet as I don't yet have everyones location to give to Noot_in_the_sky, so that he can work out what it will be for each individual.
This is a minor cost of around $ 7.00 to $ 20.00 depending on where you are.

Good to hear.
I am collecting the funds via Paypal.
My paypal and personal Email address is in the PM I sent called:
Nilotinib: time to collect funds.
You did receive this PM?

So far I have:
$ 961.00 from Resveratrol Guy.
$ 358.30 from myself.

I expect others who have confirmed to pay in this week.

Sadly my idea of paying the supplier via an escrow account did not work out:
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=762480

The manufacturer will be paid and lab will be paid by the time we know what the results of testing are.
The manufacturer has said that they will refund our money if the Nilotinib does not pass testing, upon its return.

They are a well known lab that has been used satisfactorily by Longecity and Reddit members in the past, and are aware of the planned 3rd party testing, so I don't expect any problems.

Thx for your good wishes for the group buy.

#97 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

LOGIC:

Quoting you in two sentences below, do you have any sites please.

"There is a viral association with some (or all?) forms of PD that may have something to do with it."

What are the viruses? Their names?

"This may partly explain why some PD sufferers derive great benefit from Virgin Coconut Oil."

Are you eluding to Candida a.?

Any sites would be appreciated LOGIC.

I have read via PLAYGROUND on the Alzheimer's threads that some bacterial infections are believed to be associated with Alzheimer's; realizing that not ALL diseases [Alzheimer's/Parkinson] in every individual is the "same" disease. Meaning some shared symptoms but different causes...with some of the same causes. These are multi symptom and multi caused diseases, correct? 

When doing a google search for these types of things; adding the word 'pubmed' to your search string helps tremendously in weeding out the hearsay and snake oil etc.
The Pubmed site itself is like google, but for peer reviewed, published research papers only, which arent always easy to understand.

There are quite a number of virii that have been associated with PD:

https://www.google.c...ral association

Having found them you can do a search for

their names, lipid bilayer, layer, pubmed

to see if they have lipid layers/bilayers.

NB that once a cell is infected, VCO and/or BHT can't touch it.
The infected cell will eventually 'pop', releasing its viral load.
You want these lipid disrupting substances around when this happens.

There was also a recent study showing a connection between PD and gut bacteria:

https://www.google.c...nd gut bacteria

So Candida and other bacteria are not ruled out either.
VCO is effective against a good number of bacteria too, including candida.
Some strains of candida are NAD+ auxotrophs, depleting NAD+, and PD is also associated with mitochondrial low energy/NAD+ levels.

So do look at

Gut, dysbiosis, prebiotics, probiotics, leaky

too.

Do use the GoogleSiteSearch function in the dropdown menu to search for all this locally.
You will find a good number of posts on the subject by myself.

You may also want to look at autophagy and AGE inhibitors/breakers as autophagy should be cleaning up misfolded proteins and AGE blockers are generally chelators of the heavy metals also associated with PD.

Here are some links as I have the tabs open atm:

http://www.longecity...crophagy/page-3

http://www.longecity...ism-discovered/

http://www.longecity...uanidine/page-2

http://www.longecity...nergic-neurons/

• Informative x 1

#98 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:59 PM

Progress report:

The testing lab has agreed to do the distribution of the Nilotinib to the end 'researchers' on the understanding that the Nilotinib is to be used for research and development purposes.
This also means that despite their reservations and the IP issues surrounding Nilotinib I am permitted to divulge the name of the testing lab to those that have committed to this group buy.

If you are interested in acquiring Nilotinib prices are as follows:

• Nilotinib $ 8.61 per gram.
  • 3rd party testing: $ 600 divided by the number of people that commit to the buy.
  • 6 people have committed to the group buy so far, so $600/6 = $ 100 each. I am working on 6 people. ie: add $100 to the above cost.
  • Postage from the testing lab has to be added and will differ depending on you location.

So far the following people have committed to the group buy:

• resveratrol_guy                   100 g     $ 961.00  
  • ceridwen                              30 g      $ 358.30      
  • Logic                                    30 g      $ 358.30     
  • noot_in_the_sky                  50 g       $ 530.50
  • LongLife                              100 g     $ 961.00
  • Der Springende Punkt         20 g       $ 272.20 

Persons who has paid so far:

• resveratrol_guy
  • Logic

If you are interested please PM me with your address and I will supply my Paypal Email address and the cost of postage from the lab and the lab's details.

• If a minimum of 200 grams is not reached I will refund those who have paid.
  • If the number of people is less than 6: More money will have to be paid in for testing.
  • If the number of people is more than 6: I will refund the difference.

Timeline:

• Arrival at testing lab after payment of the supplier: 4-6 working days.
  • Testing and splitting/packaging for end destination: 5-7 working days.
  • Postage to final destination:  unknown.

I am holding thumbs that the buy will be successful, so do contact anyone you think may be interested.

#99 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:03 AM

If you are interested in acquiring Nilotinib prices are as follows:

• Nilotinib $ 8.61 per gram.
  • 3rd party testing: $ 600 divided by the number of people that commit to the buy.
  • 6 people have committed to the group buy so far, so $600/6 = $ 100 each. I am working on 6 people. ie: add $100 to the above cost.
  • Postage from the testing lab has to be added and will differ depending on you location.

So far the following people have committed to the group buy:

• resveratrol_guy                   100 g     $ 961.00  
  • ceridwen                              30 g      $ 358.30      
  • Logic                                    30 g      $ 358.30     
  • noot_in_the_sky                  50 g       $ 530.50
  • LongLife                              100 g     $ 961.00
  • Der Springende Punkt         20 g       $ 272.20 

Persons who has paid so far:

• resveratrol_guy
  • Logic

If you are interested please PM me with your address and I will supply my Paypal Email address and the cost of postage from the lab and the lab's details.

• If a minimum of 200 grams is not reached I will refund those who have paid.
  • If the number of people is less than 6: More money will have to be paid in for testing.
  • If the number of people is more than 6: I will refund the difference.

Timeline:

• Arrival at testing lab after payment of the supplier: 4-6 working days.
  • Testing and splitting/packaging for end destination: 5-7 working days.
  • Postage to final destination:  unknown.

I am holding thumbs that the buy will be successful, so do contact anyone you think may be interested to bring the cost down as much as possible.

#100 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

LOGIC:

Okay, Let's do it. I'm sending for 100 grams. Do you have an idea how long this will keep unopened?

Rx Dose? +- 300mg or what?

X per day?

Good job, well done. I hope the last three jump up and send their money quickly. I am on a restricted time line now. I know, it's a personal problem!

Thanks again LOGIC.

#101 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

LOGIC:

Okay, Let's do it. I'm sending for 100 grams. Do you have an idea how long this will keep unopened?

Rx Dose? +- 300mg or what?

X per day?

Good job, well done. I hope the last three jump up and send their money quickly. I am on a restricted time line now. I know, it's a personal problem!

Thanks again LOGIC.

Good stuff LongLife

With your order for 100 grams we are over the 200 gram limit.
We are still under the 6(+) persons required for testing to cost $ 100, (or less) each however.

Keep them coming folks! :)
I'll send my paypal account/Email to all who post and then the labs details and postage cost from the lab to you once payment is received.

#102 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:15 PM

I've edited the supplier's COA and quote, as some people have asked.

A jpg copy of the supplier's COA FWIW:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

A jpg copy of the supplier's quote FWIW:

#103 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

PayPal Fees! There is always something one overlooks! 

This group buy is on a tight budget with only $ 100 added for splitting up the package under sanitary conditions, and putting it into robust, sanitary, airtight containers etc. As well as other unforeseen costs. (deposit fees for the payments to the supply and testing labs etc)

This money is now going to the testing lab as they have agreed to split up the package for the said $100.

That leaves no meat for Paypal fees.

Here is a PayPal fee calculator:

https://salecalc.com...=za&r=4&m=0&c=0

Choose the appropriate 'Cross border fee rate'.

Once you have clicked 'If sending this' ; click 'To receive this' to get the full amount required for me to receive the required funds.

Soz; I hate that this adds to the cost, but what can one do!?

I can send a Payment request from Paypal to anyone without a paypal account.
This enables you to easily pay the calculated amount without needing a paypal account of your own.
PM me with your address if you want me to send you this PayPal request for payment that includes the final shipping fee to your door.

Longlife asked some pertinent questions that will be of use to everyone:

"What is the recommended dose and how many times a day?"

"Safety concerns?"

The dosages used in the PD study were 150-300 mg per day.

My plan is to:

• Supplement my 'aunt' with potassium and magnesium using a mineral supplement.
  • Start with a dose of 75  mg and keep a close eye on her pulse for any signs of an irregular heartbeat.
  • If no irregular pulse; give another 75 mg after 1 hour and monitor.
  • If pulse becomes irregular; dose BHT to bring down levels of Nilotinib. (Empty 2 capsules into a spoon and take with water to speed absorption.)
  • Dose 150 mg the next day and monitor pulse again.
  • Stay at 150 mg for a month or 2 and only start slowly increasing the dosage up to a maximum of 300 mg if necessary.

See the safety info here:
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=757543

NB the info on CYP3A4.

For info on BHT:
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=689170

A place to buy BHT:

http://www.vrp.com/b...350-mg-100-caps

The PD subjects in the test only got one dose a day.

(Leukemia sufferers get up to 400 mg twice a day.
That hints that the half life of N is around 12 hours.
The fact that PD sufferers did so well on only one dose a day says that you don't need to have a constant level of Nilotinib in circulation to clear out the misfolded proteins and hints at the possibility of perhaps trying every 2nd day dosing for PD...?)

"How long will this keep unopened?"

:Does it need to be refrigerated?":

For data on stability:

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=761205

If I were to keep a lot for a long time:

I would put it in a freezer, in an airtight container and add a silica gel sachet.
The problem with storing stuff in the freezer is that when you take it out and open it; the low temperature attracts/condenses water from the air onto the cold surface/substance.
So you will have to let it thaw for a day and reach room temperature before opening it and taking out the amount you want for a month or so, then seal it airtight and put it back.
NB that as the air in the airtight container cools; it will pull a vacuum and try to pull air in from outside...

If you follow these precautions; the N should last indefinitely.

"Will the price go down if a larger order is placed like 500 grams?"

I do plan to order more and the price will drop as there will be no more testing required once a good business relationship/trust is built with the supplier.
As soon as you you see a need for more contact me and we can start a new group buy. 

The price does decrease a little the more you buy from the supplier, but not much.  Its simply that their handling fee (worked into their price, by them) is the same, no matter the amount ordered. 

Then shipping per gram is also less, the more you buy.

#104 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

This is turning out to be a great effort.. Mmm clearing misfolded proteins...thinking whether it makes sense to have a control of non PD patients. Need to search back into the forums what good it would do and what could be observed as positive result. If there are members out there that have a good educated guess please post.

Edited by stefan_001, 09 March 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#105 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

Progress report:

People who have paid:

• resveratrol_guy
  • LongLife
  • Logic (me)

Thx guys. Hopefully this will encourage others to join the buy! :)

Make the Testing cost a % of the price?:

ie: The more you buy; the more you pay toward testing?

Two forum members brought up this idea as they feel that the high cost of testing is stopping many from joining and buying smaller amounts?

It will cost $ 600 to test the Nilotinib.
There is interest in 500+ grams on this thread so far.
That's $1.20 per gram.
if we add this to the original price of $ 8.61 and make a

New price of $ 9.81 per gram, with 3rd party testing included:

• 100 grams costs $ 981.00 
  • 50   grams costs $ 490.50
  • 25   grams costs $ 245.25
  • 9     grams costs $   88.29 (1 months supply @ 300 mg per day)
  • 4.5  grams costs $   44.15 (1 months supply @ 150 mg per day)

Please post your thoughts on this everyone?

I know LongLife likes this idea as he is one of the people that suggested it.

Resveratrol_Guy: You have already paid a lower amount for 100 g. Your thoughts?

From the lab to your door: options and costs?

Fedex will get the Nilotinib to the lab in Baltimore.  (Zip code: MD 21228)

Here is their fee calculator to work out what it will cost you to get it from there to your door:

https://www.fedex.co...n&locId=express

They seem pretty expensive at around $ 40 for the cheapest option?

As I am not in America; what do you all recomend?

• Agree x 1

#106 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:10 PM

Progress report:

People who have paid:

• resveratrol_guy
  • LongLife
  • Logic (me)

Thx guys. Hopefully this will encourage others to join the buy! :)

Make the Testing cost a % of the price?:

ie: The more you buy; the more you pay toward testing?

Two forum members brought up this idea as they feel that the high cost of testing is stopping many from joining and buying smaller amounts?

It will cost $ 600 to test the Nilotinib.
There is interest in 500+ grams on this thread so far.
That's $1.20 per gram.
if we add this to the original price of $ 8.61 and make a

New price of $ 9.81 per gram, with 3rd party testing included:

• 100 grams costs $ 981.00 
  • 50   grams costs $ 490.50
  • 25   grams costs $ 245.25
  • 9     grams costs $   88.29 (1 months supply @ 300 mg per day)
  • 4.5  grams costs $   44.15 (1 months supply @ 150 mg per day)

Please post your thoughts on this everyone?

I know LongLife likes this idea as he is one of the people that suggested it.

Resveratrol_Guy: You have already paid a lower amount for 100 g. Your thoughts?

From the lab to your door: options and costs?

Fedex will get the Nilotinib to the lab in Baltimore.  (Zip code: MD 21228)

Here is their fee calculator to work out what it will cost you to get it from there to your door:

They seem pretty expensive at around $ 40 for the cheapest option?

As I am not in America; what do you all recomend?

LOCIG:   Your doing a great job, thank you. IF THE LAB would send the USA clients 2nd DAY USPS, this is a lot cheaper, also there is UPS service which is similar to and collects like FedEx from the individual client (each of us). As a business, USPS (United States Postal Service) may -?- pickup parcels from businesses like UPS / FedEx. Since I do not live there any more, I do not what is available but someone could find out I would think.

So far the price has become double of what we THOUGHT it may be in the beginning. The price will be less the more people we have interested and purchasing. I am consoled to waiting if necessary for others to step up and purchase too. You know I am under a deadline but I will just have t make some other arrangements, God willing. Someone will pop up who is traveling to Peru within the missionary groups that I know. So that's my two cents, and YES I am willing to pay a little more under the "tax" like system of each person paying a cost per gram for Lab work. It is a one time cost and hopefully we will not have to do that again. I will probably freeze like 3 grams for future comparisons - if that works - for observation under a high powered microscope.

Cheers

#107 noot_in_the_sky

• Topic Starter
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

I like the idea of dividing the lab test cost per grams bought, and those that applies too me?

Now about the shipping, if the item is been ship in the use the best option would be to ship using a small flat rate box.  It will cost  $ 6.80, and it will arrive in 1 - 3 days.  Also the box is free and can be obtain from the USPS web-site or office.

As for shipping outside the U.S, I don't know much about it.  There's DHL but I think they are the most expensive option.

This is turning out to be a great effort.. Mmm clearing misfolded proteins...thinking whether it makes sense to have a control of non PD patients. Need to search back into the forums what good it would do and what could be observed as positive result. If there are members out there that have a good educated guess please post.

I been wondering this too, which is why I got a little extra.

#108 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

LOCIG:   Your doing a great job, thank you. IF THE LAB would send the USA clients 2nd DAY USPS, this is a lot cheaper, also there is UPS service which is similar to and collects like FedEx from the individual client (each of us). As a business, USPS (United States Postal Service) may -?- pickup parcels from businesses like UPS / FedEx. Since I do not live there any more, I do not what is available but someone could find out I would think.

So far the price has become double of what we THOUGHT it may be in the beginning. The price will be less the more people we have interested and purchasing. I am consoled to waiting if necessary for others to step up and purchase too. You know I am under a deadline but I will just have t make some other arrangements, God willing. Someone will pop up who is traveling to Peru within the missionary groups that I know. So that's my two cents, and YES I am willing to pay a little more under the "tax" like system of each person paying a cost per gram for Lab work. It is a one time cost and hopefully we will not have to do that again. I will probably freeze like 3 grams for future comparisons - if that works - for observation under a high powered microscope.

Cheers

Thx LongLife. I hope Resveratrol_Guy and everyone else agrees with you.
I will do a new post in relevant forums with the much lower monthly price.
I'm sure many forum members know someone with:

• Parkinson’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Frontotemporal Dementia
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

Courier/postage from the lab, to buyers:

I am not even sure I filled out the Fedex fee calculator correctly as I don't live in the USA, so it would be nice if a local checked this for us.

With all the different options available; perhaps each person organising their own courier from the testing lab is an option?

It would save me a lot of trouble.

PayPal Fees:

PayPal charges about 3.5% when people transfer funds to my account for the buy.
This buy is on a tight budget so these fees have to be taken into account when depositing your funds for the buy.
Here is a PayPal fee calculator again:

Once you have clicked 'If sending this' ; click 'To receive this' to get the full amount required for me to receive the required funds.

Edited by Logic, 11 March 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#109 noot_in_the_sky

• Topic Starter
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:26 PM

What if we send it to you as a gift?

OR BitCoin?

Edited by noot_in_the_sky, 11 March 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#110 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:16 PM

noot_in_the_sky:

GIFT works.

WARNING. PayPal is a nut house. They froze my payment for 7 days to LOGIC because it looked suspicious to send 961.00 all of the sudden for product. I have not used their system for over a year, so that threw up a red flag. I wonder why they send em e-mail from time to time to tell me I have money in their account system and "time to spend it" what a bunch of clowns.

This is the future people. Atlcoins, here I come. Frustrating plus PayPal milked out over $30 to send the money that LOGIC can not access. You be they are spending my +$30 like yesterday.

#111 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:52 PM

I like the idea of dividing the lab test cost per grams bought, and those that applies too me?

Now about the shipping, if the item is been ship in the use the best option would be to ship using a small flat rate box.  It will cost  $ 6.80, and it will arrive in 1 - 3 days.  Also the box is free and can be obtain from the USPS web-site or office.

As for shipping outside the U.S, I don't know much about it.  There's DHL but I think they are the most expensive option.

Thx for the feedback Noot.  
Were you the other person to suggest the'idea of dividing the lab test cost per grams bought'?
There have been so many PMs and Emails that I am losing track.

Shipping from testing lab:
Thx for the great suggestion.  S 6.80 is way better than Fedex's price, assuming I filled out the form correctly? (There are so many different options based on user preference)

I see that USPS offers a free Package Pickup service:
https://tools.usps.c...on!input.action
And the flat rate box and Postage Price Calculator:
https://postcalc.usps.com/

Nice this simplifies matters and I will go with USPS for the last leg shipping?
Thx Noot! :)

#112 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

noot_in_the_sky:

GIFT works.

WARNING. PayPal is a nut house. They froze my payment for 7 days to LOGIC because it looked suspicious to send 961.00 all of the sudden for product. I have not used their system for over a year, so that threw up a red flag. I wonder why they send em e-mail from time to time to tell me I have money in their account system and "time to spend it" what a bunch of clowns.

This is the future people. Atlcoins, here I come. Frustrating plus PayPal milked out over $30 to send the money that LOGIC can not access. You be they are spending my +$30 like yesterday.

:)

It does not matter that I cannot access the money you sent LongLife as its just sitting there until we decide to pull the trigger and pay the supplier and testing lab.
Then you just go onto PayPal and mark the transaction as received in good order and its clear to use.
I think the red flag was raised due to a payment for the exact same amount from Resveratrol Guy, but who knows!?

The Gift option works and generally is free, but there may be a small fee if you are paying from a non USD account.

My PayPal acc is USD.
See Personal Payments Fee near the bottom of the page here:

https://www.paypal.c...-full#exhibit_A

Some people like the  'extra Insurance' of doing an online purchase payment. They can just use the calculator here:

Once you have clicked 'If sending this' ; click 'To receive this' to get the full amount required for me to receive the required funds.

But yes their fees are an issue and I need to look into alternate means to accept payments when I have a moment.
Things are a bit hectic atm and being in South Africa complicates matters.

#113 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:07 AM

Nilotinib:

• Clears toxic, misfolded proteins  from cells.
  • Prevents amyloid secretion into the extracellular space between neurons.
  • Facilitates the mitophagy of old, sickly mitochondria.

http://explore.georg.../news/?ID=70332
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3975659/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2592826/

It was found to be miraculously effective in all participants, in a Phase 1 Parkinson's study:

“Before the nilotinib, I did almost nothing...Now, I empty the garbage, unload the dishwasher, load the washer and the dryer, set the table, even take responsibility for grilling...it’s life-changing...”

Alan Hoffman.  Professor emeritus of social science education at Georgia State University

https://www.georgeto...sons-study.html

https://gumc.georget...e-in-Parkinsons

Nilotinib "offers a unique and exciting strategy to treat neurodegenerative diseases that feature abnormal buildup of proteins" in:

• Parkinson’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

I have organised a group buy for Nilotinib in a concerted effort to get this medication (for R&D) for a dear friend...
PM me with your Email address to get the details to join the group buy, and acquire Nilotinib for R&D purposes.  (I have limited PMs per day)

Cost/s:

• Nilotinib + 3rd Party lab testing: $ 9.81 per gram. ($ 44.15 for 1 month supply @ 150 mg/day)
  • Postage in the USA: $ 6.80 
  • PayPal fees: 

https://salecalc.com...za&r=4&m=0&c=0 

Click 'To receive this' to get the full amount required for the purchase.

or

Use personal payments to avoid or reduce fees: 

https://www.paypal.c...ay-fees-outside

The Minimum amount for the buy is 500 grams.
Any funds collected will be refunded if this minimum amount is not met.

COA and Quote:
(Edited:  The supplier has IP concerns and is supplying me with Nilotinib on the understanding that it will be used for R&D purposes.)

Full details and discussion can be found in this thread:
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=765835

• WellResearched x 2

#114 LongLife

• 145 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:35 AM

LOGIC:

Thanks for your hard work and effort. I can't wait for this, let's go. 

#115 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

Nilotinib:

It was found to be miraculously effective in all participants, in a Phase 1 Parkinson's study:

“Before the nilotinib, I did almost nothing...Now, I empty the garbage, unload the dishwasher, load the washer and the dryer, set the table, even take responsibility for grilling...it’s life-changing...”

Alan Hoffman.  Professor emeritus of social science education at Georgia State University

Nilotinib "offers a unique and exciting strategy to treat neurodegenerative diseases that feature abnormal buildup of proteins" in:

• Parkinson’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

I have organised a group buy for Nilotinib in a concerted effort to get this medication (for R&D) for a dear friend...
PM me with your Email address to get the details to join the group buy, and acquire Nilotinib for R&D purposes.  (I have limited PMs per day)

Cost/s:

• Nilotinib + 3rd Party lab testing: $ 9.81 per gram. ($ 44.15 for 1 month supply @ 150 mg/day)
  • PayPal fees: 

or

COA and Quote:
(Edited:  The supplier has IP concerns and is supplying me with Nilotinib on the understanding that it will be used for R&D purposes.)

#116 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:11 AM

Nilotinib:

• Parkinson’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • Huntington's disease
  • Lewy body dementia
  • etc

Cost/s:

• PayPal fees: 

or

COA and Quote:

• like x 3
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Agree x 1

#117 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:56 AM

If we want to go per-gram on the lab fees, I approve, not because I think it's the better idea (because it encourages poor economy of scale) but because it will allow us to move forward. People are dying here. We don't have time to dither around about such minutiae. Keep up the good work, Logic.

• Agree x 2

#118 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

Can't believe this hasn't attracted more attention. Just a friendly bump.

• like x 2

#119 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

If we want to go per-gram on the lab fees, I approve, not because I think it's the better idea (because it encourages poor economy of scale) but because it will allow us to move forward. People are dying here. We don't have time to dither around about such minutiae. Keep up the good work, Logic.

Thankyou RG.
I agree on the poor economy of scale.  Its like sales tax and does not encourage the purchase of larger amounts.

Hopefully more people will take part, although it does not seem to have had that effect so far, despite my efforts:

I posted "Dementia 'cure' Nilotinib group buy: $ 44.15 for 1 month supply" in the:

supplements, brain health and medicines and diseases sub forums, and elsewhere.

http://www.longecity...1-month-supply/

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=766066

I am tempted to just go ahead and get 230 grams for you, LongLife and myself and refund the money for 3rd party testing!?

Please note that I am unable to reply to Emails atm:

The DNS server for my normal internet connection seems to be down atm and I am connected via, much slower, EDGE.
For some reason I cannot reply to Emails when connected this way:  Clicking reply has no effect.

I will reply to your and other Emails asap.

I also seem to have a problem with PMs?:
http://www.longecity...le-not-working/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

PM problems:

I have been trying the send PMs, related to the Nilotinib group buy, to multiple people.
It seems that the PM goes to the 1st person only, multiple times?

Making me look inept!  :mad:

http://www.longecity...le-not-working/

The people who have shown interest in, or committed to, this group buy are:

• Der Springende Punkt: 75g
  • themadscientist:           20g
  • rikelme:                        50g
  • ceridwen:                     30g?
  • roydeman:                   50-100g
  • deetown:                     20g
  • stefan_001                  ??g
  • geo12the:                    25g
  • noot_in_the_sky:         50g

If someone would be so kind as the PM these people and find out their intentions, and/or reservations; that would be most appreciated!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nilotinib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users