schizophrenia noots health

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 registered

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

hello all

im 33 old with schizo brain and i would really like your input on some plans i have on suplementation

psychosis is fully under control with aripiprazole (15mg)

i take mirtazapine (30mg) and paroxetine (40mg) for depression

i also have high cholesterol and fatty liver

im overweight (about 30kg extra that i got from medication and its all in abdominal area)

i have normal testosteron (total) levels but very low FSH

thats all i know 

first i would like to do is to establish some healthy baseline by doing aerobic excercises in the morning on empty stomack after which i would do weightlifting in the afternoon

i would do some yoga also

after a month or so of doing that and checking my blood work i would start taking nootropics to deal with negatives and cognitives

so i would like you to check my suplementation and give me some feedback because it very strenious for me to organize and do this project by myself

BASELINE HEALTH

1. whey protein

2. tribulus

3. creatin and a lot of others stuff in storm

Attached File  Storm by Universal Nutrition at Bodybuilding.com Lowest Price on Storm .jpeg   64.1KB   3 downloads

i was taking those before i was on the meds and it felt GREAT but i dont know why

maybe something in this storm product just works for me 

i was confident nondepressed nonanxious and overall in good shape mentally 

what it could be?

i know tribulus also works for me although it isnt supported by research

4. sylimarin (doctors orders for my poor liver)

5. multivitamin (twinlab dualtabs?)

6. fat burner

Attached File  MP Iron Cuts X Sport shop.jpeg   58.6KB   3 downloads

NOOTS (mostly for my memory problems but i would also like something for motivation/against anhedonia)

1. l-tyrosine (heard it goes well with mirtazapine)

2. sarcosine (a must)

3. cdp-choline 

3. ALCAR

4. ashwaganda

5. lions mane

is it any good?

im a litlle bit worried about this multi im planning to buy but i dont have anything better in my country (maybe just centrum?)

what else i could try and why?

any help is appreciated

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

Nicotinic acid (vitamin B3, but has to be in the form of nicotinic acid) has been used effectively for high cholesterol (good and bad, bla bla bla) and fatty liver since the 60s I believe.

If you can take the petty, short-lived side-effects then it'll do you wonder and quickly solve your problem in that regard. 

It's also extremely effective in lowering bacteria blood levels.

It's a blood thinner.

My family member who is around 70 has been taking 1g everyday for a year or more.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 registered

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

thanks man i will look into it

but im not worried about cholesterol that much

i mean my doctors didnt mention that something is urgent about it

probably not high enough dunno

#4 registered

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

no progress whatsoever one year after

what happened? life happened...

having problems with negatives and cognitives but positives are under control 

im now back on wellbutrin and also eyeing tianeptine

wellbutrin made my motivational anhedonia a little better btw 

or at least i have more energy and will (not apathetic any more)

also i have normal libido and it seems my emotions are not in dull state anymore which is realy great

however i still have problems with executive functions alogia and focus

and super bad memory not to forget

oh and intrusive thoughts are back after i discontinued ssri

im taking 300mg since yesterday so no definitive conlusion yet

i was just about ordering sarcosine from powdercity when they stopped deliveries outside usa

and im still looking for decent substitute

i found some bodybuilding suplement with DAA and something called n,n-dimethylglycine

sarcosine is n-methylglycine btw

so i will try that first

than i might add tianeptine primarily to try to restore neuronal and synaptic functioning

but also to fight anxiety and mybe it helps me with intrusive thoughts

after that i will see whats next

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Tianeptine is a terribly dumb thing to take if you have schizophrenia.

Instead take pregnenolone or n-acetyl-cysteine. Sarcosine is nowhere near as powerful as pregnenolone is for activating the nmda receptor, however pregnenolone is also stimulating. With acetylcysteine you get the addition of the mglur2/3 receptors being activated, which are also implicated in schizophrenia (but YoungSchizo claims to respond poorly to it).

#6 registered

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

i dont respond at all to NAC

no effect whatsoever

tianeptine isnt really antagonising NMDA receptors so i dont see why is that dumb 

it should be neuroprotective against possible overstimulation by DAA and this weird dimethylglycine thing

im more troubled by its agonism of opioid receptors because ive been responding very strangely to opioids before

i need tianeptines capabilities at restoring proper brain function 

sarcosine doesnt act just as coagonist at NMDA its also a glycine transporter inhibitor (like what SSRIs do to serotonin i guess)

if shizophrenia (or just negatives of shizo) responds solely to the NMDA activation than we would have a cure by now

will look into pregnenolone thanks

#7 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

As far as I understand something can only be neuroprotective against overstimulation of a receptor by occupying that receptor and preventing activation of it by other ligands, or perhaps also by acting as an antioxidant or some such. In other words, taking it together with daa is worthless.

What were your nac dosages?

As I understand it tianeptine's popularity is based in the fact that, as usual, it has dissociative properties. I don't buy that crap at all that it has any capability to improve cognition, neither in the elderly nor the young. It's another drug with overstated effects. 

Isn't neural plasticity in part what activation of nmda receptor is supposed to give? As far as I've understood that receptor is the reason for schizophrenic's cognitive, memory and learning issues. 

I do agree with you that it must be more than just that and I am somewhat in the same boat as yourself in terms of symptoms.

Btw, lemon balm seems to help my linguistic abilities and my memory more than anything I've tried before (but I haven't taken it today).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#8 registered

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:27 PM

oh i dont remember NAC dosages but i probably experimented with both high and low and everything in the middle :D

im not gonna buy tianeptine and use it as a street drug 

i plan on getting proper prescription (if my psychiatrist agree) for medicinal properties of tian

and i dont think it helps healthy people in restoring brain functions because there is nothing lost

it doesnt enhance cognition 

but if you went through life like i did it might help in restoring whatever stress destroyed

as for NMDA im kinda not sure what it does... i know its really complicated and involves calcium channels and what not

but look what wiki says on NMDA receptors:

while stimulation of extrasynaptic NMDA receptors appear to contribute to cell death, there is evidence to suggest that stimulation of synaptic NDMA receptors contributes to the health and longevity of the cell. There is ample evidence to support the dual nature of NMDA receptors based on location, and the hypothesis explaining the two differing mechanisms is known as the "Localization Hypothesis".[21][24]

and tianeptine is neither agonist nor antagonist but:

an allosteric modulator of NMDA receptor sites; both positive and negative, depending on cerebral location.

tianeptin is a dart in a dark i know but all other psychiatric drugs are also darts in the dark

i will not know how it works until i try it

because there is really no single schizophrenia there are many schizophrenias

(i read somewhere there is geneticaly 8 types of schizophrenia but couple that with 'nurture' part to get an actual picture of how many schizo brains are there)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: schizophrenia, noots, health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users