- - - - -

Astragalus Dosage

astragalus dose dosage

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sith

• 161 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

So there has been evidence that Astragalus lengthens telomeres. However, I was wondering the optimum dosage for this to occur. Is more always better? and what is the best way to take Astragalus (I have it in powdered form)?  :wacko:

#2 James Phillip Turpin

• 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

The patent indicates boiling in some combination of water and alcohol; basically make strong tea except maybe using vodka or everclear rather than water if you want to get the most out.
If you want to get the alcohol out you can pour the resulting liquid through a silk coffee filter, then let the liquid evaporate off. With the right equipment you could even recover the liquid, recycle the ethanol - though distilling ethanol may be technically illegal to do without a license in some jurisdictions. I've also extracted it in vegetable glycerine, using a heat bath and a corked vessel (so its airtight but won't explode from pressure). This gives a non-alcoholic tincture. I suggest reading up on lab/kitchen/tincturing safety and such before doing this stuff. You really need to understand what you are doing and your equipment in order to it safely.

#3 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

IIRC the dosage of A root reqd is 33 grams (yes grams) a day to get enough cyclo etc for the effect.
There is a Solgar standardised extract that has been shown to work, but I don't recall the dosage.
Use GoogleSiteSearch in the Search dropdown menu. (top right)

The real reason for telomerase shortening and a large part of aging IMHO is here:
http://www.longecity...and-telomerase/

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

IIRC the dosage of A root reqd is 33 grams (yes grams) a day to get enough cyclo etc for the effect.
There is a Solgar standardised extract that has been shown to work, but I don't recall the dosage.

The real reason for telomerase shortening and a large part of aging IMHO is here:

Thanks Logic.  So using a 10:1 extract we're talking 3300mg?

#5 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

Thanks Logic.  So using a 10:1 extract we're talking 3300mg?

Thats a good deduction.

Lets see what Solgar astragalus dosage in google site search uncovers...
https://cse.google.c...tragalus dosage

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=664160

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=601917

Did you notice that almost all the telomerase activators are NF-kB inhibitors from the above link..!?

Edited by Logic, 24 February 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#6 Sith

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

So is the Solgar supplemented Astragalus better than high doses of the actual powdered form? I am confused.  :wacko:

#7 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

Another couple of questions:

1.) Has anyone experienced any stomach distress or other issues at the 33g (3300mg of 10:1 extract) kind of dosage that we've been discussing?

2.) Are people taking astragalus on a continuous basis or are you dosing periodically with rest intervals in between?

#8 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

The 33 grams is the discussed dose of Astragalus root to get the doses of telomerase activators used in the various pills advertised IIRC.

The Solgar standardised extract dose is in the posts I linked or the attached document.

Don't get 'hooked' on 1 thing!
Purslane is free.
Milk Thistle
fenugreek

NF-kb inhibitors

BHT
gelatine - HGH - telomerase

Epitalon

etc-etc

#9 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

The 33 grams is the discussed dose of Astragalus root to get the doses of telomerase activators used in the various pills advertised IIRC.

The Solgar standardised extract dose is in the posts I linked or the attached document.

Purslane is free.
Milk Thistle
fenugreek

NF-kb inhibitors

BHT

Epitalon

etc-etc

I understand.  I've got other things going on in my current regime, but nothing that is an explicit telomerase activator.  Astragalus seemed like a good place to start since it probably has the most research on it in this regard.

The gelatine - HGH - telomerase comment intrigues me.  What's that about?

#10 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Purslane is free.
Milk Thistle
fenugreek

NF-kb inhibitors

BHT

Epitalon

etc-etc

I understand.  I've got other things going on in my current regime, but nothing that is an explicit telomerase activator.  Astragalus seemed like a good place to start since it probably has the most research on it in this regard.

The gelatine - HGH - telomerase comment intrigues me.  What's that about?

http://www.ergo-log....gelatinegh.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15930168

The amount of HGH probably won't lead to telomerase activation, but along with other stuff it may help a bit.
If nothing else; it'll be good for your joints and skin if taken with vit C.

Also see the Glycine thread as Gelatine is largely Glycine.

#11 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

I tried 33 grams on the second day I came down with a rash on my left knee and foot (really itchy!)  Unfortunately I ordered 2lbs of astragalus before this happened.   I can only imagine that things will get only worst if I try it again.

Edited by Werper, 16 June 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#12 Sith

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

I tried 33 grams on the second day I came down with a rash on my left knee and foot (really itchy!)  Unfortunately I ordered 2lbs of astragalus before this happened.   I can only imagine that things will get only worst if I try it again.

I think it would be much more sensible to start with a small dosage and build it up to 33 grams from there. 

#13 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

I was thinking that too...after, of course, I got the rash.   I might give it a go and work my way up and see out it goes.

#14 Sith

• Topic Starter
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

I was thinking that too...after, of course, I got the rash.   I might give it a go and work my way up and see out it goes.

Sounds good!  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astragalus, dose, dosage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users