Natural Testosterone Boosters

testosterone cognition mood natural herbal otc psychiatric boosters suppressors

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#61 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

An apparent natural steroidal substance structurally related to ecdysteroids. I've had great results with beta ecdysterone (from Suma root) so this looks promising.

Laxogenin and 5-hydroxy-laxogenin: natural anabolics that can enhance real anabolic steroids
http://www.ergo-log....c-steroids.html

According to a patent application, laxogenin and 5-hydroxy-laxogenin are also interesting anti-aging substances as well as being interesting for steroids users. Let's just hope that the people who filed the patent application weren't just making it all up.

Laxogenin is a spirostane. Like ecdysteroids, spirostanes are found in plants. The laxogenin and 5-alpha-hydroxy-laxogenin that are so popular at the moment in supplement-land come from the Chinese plant [b]Smilax sieboldii[b].

The first structural formula shown below is that of laxogenin, the second is that of 5-alpha-hydroxy-laxogenin.

Time to research Smilax sieboldii!

So far I've only found one thread on laxogenin: http://www.longecity...3069-laxogenin/

Edited by sativa, 31 July 2016 - 08:30 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#62 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

You can add astaxanthin to the 5alpha-reductase list

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

jso go buy danazol, help with your maleness AND telomerase enhancement

danazol is highly suppressive and would quite quickly shutdown your HPTA axis, so no that sounds like some terrible advice. Taking steroids make you feel 'manly' but only while taking them...

did you read my study on cell longevity and danazol? anyway, by this logic, water only makes you rehydrated as long as you drink it and food gives you energy as long as you eat it

edit: where did i put my keys...

Edited by normalizing, 01 August 2016 - 02:15 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#64 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

@ 'Ill Informed':

I assume you followed the supplied link and found http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3059441/ and took issue only with my Pine Pollen statement?

bN0Kf.jpg

Statue of a pine cone in Vatican City

Testosterone, Epitestosterone and Androstenedione in the Pollen of Scotch Pine P. siivestris L.

http://sci-hub.bz/10.1007/bf02137770

(Thats a site where you can get otherwise paywalled papers for free...So as NOT to be 'Ill Informed')

Effect of pine pollen on kidney mitochondria DNA deletion mutation in senile mice
"...CONCLUSION:
Pine pollen can inhibit deletion mutation of mtDNA in senile mice, suggesting that pine pollen can reduce oxidative damage of mtDNA and protect mtDNA..."

Effect of pine pollen extract on experimental chronic arthritis
"...The arthritis score and paw edema were markedly suppressed in the groups treated with PE. Moreover, administration of PE (100 mg/kg) for 49 days reduced the serum levels of rheumatoid factor, anti-type II collagen antibody, TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, IL-6, protein carbonyl, advanced glycation endproducts, malondialdehyde and LDL-cholesterol compared with that of CIA mice. These results suggest that the pine pollen might be beneficial in the treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders..."

Antiaging effect of pine pollen in human diploid fibroblasts and in a mouse model induced by D-galactose
"...Pine pollen (1 mg/mL and 2 mg/mL) is proved to delay the replicative senescence of 2BS cells as evidenced by enhanced cell proliferation, decreased SA-β-Gal activity, and reversed expression of senescence-associated molecular markers, such as p53, p21(Waf1), p16(INK4a), PTEN, and p27(Kip1) in late PD cells. Besides, pine pollen reversed D-galactose-induced aging effects in neural activity and inflammatory cytokine levels, as indicated by improved memory latency time and reduced error rate in step-down test and decreased concentrations of IL-6 and TNF-α in model mice. Similar to the role of AGEs (advanced glycation endproducts) formation inhibitor aminoguanidine (AG), pine pollen inhibited D-galactose-induced increment of AGEs levels thus reversed the aging phenotypes in model mice. Furthermore, the declined antioxidant activity was obviously reversed upon pine pollen treatment, which may account for its inhibitory effect on nonenzymatic glycation (NEG) in vivo. Our finding presents pine pollen as an attractive agent with potential to retard aging and attenuate age-related diseases in humans..."

Antitumor, antiviral and immunopotentiating activities of pine cone extracts: potential medicinal efficacy of natural and synthetic lignin-related materials (review).

http://www.longecity...rthritis-aging/

Posted by me in 2014

So it would seem that 'forgetful' may have been a better choice, if only such a button existed...

I'm sure you'l agree however that all the above would contribute greatly to being able to molest children up to a ripe old age!

:)

Edited by Logic, 01 August 2016 - 05:47 PM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#65 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

Holy basil, or Ocimum sanctum, is an herb that originally comes from India. In animal studies done at Sharma University of Health Sciences it sends testosterone levels so high that researchers can't measure them. And no, they weren't using high-tech extracts, but ordinary fresh leaves of the plant.
http://www.ergo-log.com/holybasil.html

Now that I think about it; anything with a 'Holy' association seems to be a powerful testosterone booster. (Typical of the male psyche..?   :)  )
I wondered why the vatican had statues of pinecones and discovered that the pollen was changing the sex of fish to male in the watercourses it was landing in.

https://examine.com/...nts/holy-basil/

1,100-2,200mg for a 150lb person for general health and 5,500mg for testosterone boosting. There was a noted reduction in sperm count and reproductive potential, which parallels studies with the component of Holy Basil Ursolic Acid. A possible explanation being a possible androgenic analogue in Holy Basil which increases testosterone sufficiently enough to repress luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones significantly. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21455446

I think the pine cones at the Vatican have more to do with the Pineal Gland.

#66 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

Yes pine cone = pineal gland

#67 limerence

• 56 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

Pine Pollen is very good test booster, better than all the other test supplements by far. Better than squats even. Its practically roids. My muscle mass has doubled and i have high test traits. I ran out a couple weeks ago and my levels have been dropping. My mood and immune system and sex drive have taken a significant hit. The only affordable source i know takes 5weeks from China...

there is a great book by stephen buhner, also a good youtube interview with him about it

Edited by limerence, 02 August 2016 - 12:21 PM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Informative x 1

#68 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Just curious why your only source of pine pollen is from China?  Is it different than any of the other pine pollen supplements available?

Raw Forest Foods Raw Pine Pollen Extract Powder
main_raw_forest_foods_raw_pine_pollen_po
Raw pine pollen powder. Cracked Cell-Wall 65 Grams
$29.95

• like x 1

#69 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:09 AM

Does Olive Leaf have any impact on Testosterone, I remember reading a few studies.

#70 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:34 AM

Normalizing, you can always go the Isochroma route and try snorting dianabol powder in the evenings, hoping to time your dose so you won't interrupt your HPTA Axis.  Oh, and taken 3 doses of 11 grams of Piracetam per day.

• Cheerful x 3

#71 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

Worst thing is there really are commercial homeopathic testosterone products...

http://www.iherb.com...l-oz-30-ml/3920

Total worthless crap, ends up with 113 4-star reviews though. My god..... faith in humanity plummeting rapidly.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#72 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

How about Creatine? I would think examine.com would have non-biased information on good testosterone boosters.

#73 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

one stufy dound the null set, or even more DHT, which is controversial (i myself think 56% may be too dramatic a jump, e.g. hair loss?). creatine also increases water retention, which may cause a "poofy" look to an otherwise chiseled face. i like to masturbate or fool around, but only half of the way. for twenty minutes or so. before an important interview, promising date or what have you. seems to have an interesting effect on motivation and energy level.

After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days

Edited by gamesguru, 06 August 2016 - 04:18 PM.

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#74 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

^5-post accounts advocating the purchase of $200+ supplements... yeah right, I'd almost believe you

I once tried this product which really was just about the most I'd want to throw at a suspicious 'Natural test' supplement. I did feel effects, placebo or not, but the problem with it, aside from the obscene price, is that the positive effect seems to stagnate and normalize upon cessation of supplementation. So what's the point? Waste of money.

Case in point: 

A high-responder to a 'natural testosterone boosting' novel product, in the month after he no longer the product, "blood values normalized". Dutch article. English summary: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21756889

→ source (external link)

Edited by Baten, 08 August 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#75 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

Creatine can definitely give effects and feelings sort-of like a weak dht gel can. For example, after taking quite large amounts of creatine I did become a bit like I do when I take a dht gel, but it probably isn't worth much and does the effect diminish over time like zinc then it's almost useless for increasing dht

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#76 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

Poor, misguided souls. Actually, make that rich misguided souls.

If you're rich and living in the US you can literally get prescribed test. injections even though you don't need them, and for cheaper than that supplement.

• Ill informed x 1

#77 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:26 AM

• Injections – Testosterone injections tend to cost less than most other methods, and can range from as little as $40 a month to as high as $200 depending on dosage and frequency of injections.
  • Pellets – Testosterone Pellets have become more effective than previous with keeping blood level up. The new slower release keep levels optimal for 4 months. As of late this is usually our clinic preferred method. Cost will range from $500 up, depending on dosage. (See Pellet Page)
  • Oral Tablets – Oral tablets by prescription can cost between $100 for smaller, less frequent doses, to $300 a month for higher dosage and frequency. This is the least viable form.
  • Gels & Creams – Topical gels and creams normally cost between $200 and $500 a month and are again dependent on dosage and concentration.
  • Patches – Dermal adhesive patches are about on par with gels and creams, costing between $200 and $500 a month on average.
  • Gum & Cheek – Materials that adhere to the gums or inside the cheek also tend to cost around $200-$500 per month.

• Informative x 1

#78 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:33 PM

Creatine can definitely give effects and feelings sort-of like a weak dht gel can. For example, after taking quite large amounts of creatine I did become a bit like I do when I take a dht gel, but it probably isn't worth much and does the effect diminish over time like zinc then it's almost useless for increasing dht

Super loading Creatine definitely had a positive impact on my mood and IQ; took it for a month, not sure if it was placebo though.

#79 limerence

• 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:23 AM

Well, how does that double Benjamin test supplement compare to pine pollen? Might be worth the money, how do you know otherwise? Funny how much haterade is going around. Low test. Sad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#80 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:14 PM

Does anybody recall the name of that buffoon from last year that used to post his drivel constantly about Meth being the cure to all diseases?

Oh, that was just me having fun on my other account.  Then one day the forums told me "game over."  It was decided, I had won the internet!  All that remained was to carry on posting as a ghost.  A true shell of my old self.

#81 Wagner83

• 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

I seem to remember pine pollen really needs to be cycled as it can shut down natural T production. As for creatine, I'd like to see mid-long term studies, guys getting off propecia have found it beneficial but only for a month or so, then effects of higher dht disappear. Admittedly the muscle building properties are still there .

Isn't bulbine similar to roids (liver, shuts down natural production of t)? Would phytoserms be dangerous for someone who is not on trt and has fine working testicles?

Boron is interesting but then there have been studies which have shown an increase in estrogen, or no increase in free T. Would fixing a deficiency boost free T? Kind of like overdosing zinc would reduce dht (and be dangerous) while fixing a deficiency would increase T and dht. As far as I know proper boron dosage is guesswork.

Edited by Wagner83, 14 August 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#82 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:25 PM

Dopamine agonists?

• Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#83 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Does Olive Leaf have any impact on Testosterone, I remember reading a few studies.

Yes, due to oleuropein

Dopamine agonists?

Apparently:

Testosterone has been shown to increase expression of dopamine transport (DAT) andvesicular monoamine transporter (VMAT), both of which allow dopamine to promote sexual desire (and inhibit prolactin)

Edited by sativa, 19 August 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#84 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:06 PM

and yet, not a single proof of any herb helping testosterone at all to this date regardless of people recommending hundreds of them *sigh*

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • dislike x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#85 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

I believe there are adaptogens like Ash, Tongat Ali, Rhodiola, Ginger, Icariians, and that will help restore normal test levels if you are overtraining, not sleeping well, or over stressed but the fact of the matter is nothing is going to product supra-physiological levels of test besides drugs-- IMO-- and I have been around bodybuilding for over 20 years, seen pretty much every single supposed test booster ever marketed. I will say Creatine does appear to mildly increase DHT levels, and DHEA seems to help athletes 45 and over.

• Agree x 1

#86 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

and yet, not a single proof of any herb helping testosterone at all to this date regardless of people recommending hundreds of them *sigh*

Normalising, stop being so bloody stupid!

Excuse my language and tone, but I deemed it momentarily acceptable.

You can't justify your perspective that herbs are useless (due to no apparent proof) based on a severely limited and ill informed point of view.

Understand that the research actually does exist.

Mechanisms are understood well enough - (such as aromatase enzyme inhibition or SHBG inhibition) that they can be exploited to increase testosterone.

Please, get with the program! Do some learning.

Here is a summary of herbs and other supplements to increase testosterone:

https://selfhacked.c...es_Testosterone
  • Informative x 1

#87 Wagner83

• 61 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

The herbs and supplements mentioned here are very weak. Diet looks more important but as you said when it comes to inhibiting aromatase or playing with shbg some things can probably be done (tongkat ali, divanil etc..), however it's difficult to assess how long they will work for.

Bulbine does look interesting

https://examine.com/...ine-natalensis/

http://www.prweb.com...rweb9699259.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3500755/

Herbs which helps with varicoceles could help those who suffer from it, horse chestnut extract? Diosmin? Pycnogenol?

Edited by Wagner83, 20 August 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#88 limerence

• 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

>not trying pine pollen BC examine isn't on it's dick
Sign of low test kek

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#89 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:16 PM

so far nobody boosted their testosterone using any of these herbs it figures

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

so far nobody boosted their testosterone using any of these herbs it figures

I actually did and continue to do so.
  • Cheerful x 3
  • Needs references x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: testosterone, cognition, mood, natural herbal otc, psychiatric, boosters, suppressors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users