N.A.C. and aggression.

aggression

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:17 AM

I recently purchased some N.A.C. because of all the benefits Of been reading about. However, even a small amount, say 500mg, is making me very aggressive. I'm not a super aggressive person naturally. It's like you turned my irritability factor up five fold.

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this? It appears I'll have to stop taking this Nootropic.

#2 adamh

• 1,035 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 06:39 PM

I noticed something similar when I started nac this year. Not everything gets me angry but now when I do get mad it seems out of proportion and tends to linger. I have definitely become more irritable since taking it. Searching the literature, the only place I found a correlation between nac and aggression was a study done on teenagers. It seems to be an outlier reaction so probably only a couple out of a thousand experience it. Due to the many health benefits I don't want to ditch it so I just try not to overreact when something goes wrong

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 07:43 AM

Does this effect happen soon after ingesting NAC? I could have use for some extra aggression for my workouts, haha. 

#4 longcity90

• 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:23 AM

Could it be related to the mobilization of heavy metals? or the androgen receptor? I'm experiencing the same things.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 06 March 2024 - 03:41 PM

My guess is its action on the glutamatergic sites (NMDA and metabotropic glutamate). Glutamate is linked to aggression in certain situations. Perhaps you need a GABAergic with it to chill things down if you want to keep taking NAC.  ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aggression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users