• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Capsule filling machine recommendations? anyone use Capsulcn cn-100 or cn-50?

capsules powder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

I've looked at the videos and reviews for various low-end capsule machines.

• Cap Em Quik doesn't really do much other than hold the caps.  You still have to load them by hand and then cap them by hand.  Lame.
  • The Capsule Machine looks a little better, but you still have to load them by hand.   Reviews say it wrecks some of the caps.  Looks flimsy
  • CapsuleCN cn50/cn100 look like they autoload both the cap tops and bottoms (dump and shake), and look far more substantial.   Much more expensive than the first two.

capsulcn looks great, but I cannot find any reviews on it.  One thing I don't understand:  when you dump the caps into the machine to load them, and shake, how do you not end up with like 50% of the capsules upside down in the little holes?   In the video instructions, it just always works.   (I guess the closed ends would be heavier than the open ends, but still...)

So, anyone use these?   I'd really like to get the cn50 but I don't want to drop $150 if it is crap and unproven, whereas the capsule machine and cap-m-quik are more work but there are tons of reviews on them and they seem at least ok, especially for under 30 bucks.

Any units I have overlooked?   These seem like the only 3 capsule machines that are not big money pro units

This is the capsulcn unit:

Edited by irony, 24 April 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#2 irony

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

Also, what's the best size capsule to get?

I want to make caps with ALCAR, phenibut and PS with dosing in even 500mg increments.

#0 caps are close to 500mg (depending on density of the powder)... might make dosing the pheni and the PS easier (1000mg and 500mg each)

#00 are close to 750mg.   I guess I could use filler (would probably have to anyway even for the #0)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:05 PM

After a few years of encapsulating and some thousands done here my two cents.

The Capsule Machine is not flimsy, mine is as good as new after all this time.

For 500mg size 00 is best since you are not able to fill both sides of the capsule and in my experience usually in a 00 capsule it is hard to press more than 500mg, it depends from the kind of powder, of course, but as a rule of thumb that is.

Capsules comes half closed, it means the two parts are not tightly pressed together but you still have to separate them one by one.

The CN machine offers two advantages compared to the Capsule Machine:

- it holds more capsules therefore it will take slightly less time, especially if you have lots of capsules to fill up.

- you don't have to insert each part of the capsule one by one in the holes, but in the video is clearly shown that not all end up in the right position, than you have to pick them out and reposition by hand, it has to be seen how many you do have to reposition, if it is more than just a couple or so I doubt you are going to save time, it actually may take longer.

The Capsule Machine doesn't wreck capsules, it is mainly the kind of powder used that might lead to capsules getting stuck and wrecked, some powder might be a bit kind of sticky and the holes in the machine (all kind of machines I suppose) are quite precise, if they get dirty the capsule might get stuck (if it gets stuck when you press to get it out it will crunch).

Capsules are humidity sensitive too, they expand if exposed to certain air conditions, if they expand some issue may arise when using the machines, but those are issues common to all kind of machines.

I suggest you to go for The Capsule Machine 00, it's cheap and does the job, 00 is the most common size anyway and the most versatile. 

• Informative x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: capsules, powder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users