• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

New Rapamycin Study- up to 60% increase in mouse lifespan- Anyone Experimenting With This?

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#751 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:26 AM

Absolutely Amazing! i am a believer now! Hope this thread continues with updates from rapamycin users!  Great work!  :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#752 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

I have tried to make my own rapamycin topical formulation but there's no way to tell if it worked, unless I want to send some for analysis (which I might do).

My procedure was:

• crush 10 rapamycin 1mg tablets into fine powder using a mortar and pestle
  • mix with 10ml dipropylene glycol because I had it around and in hopes it would dissolve the rapamycin (based partly on this study https://arizona.pure...on-of-rapamycin and others I can't locate at the moment)
  • agitate once every so often whenever I remember to do it
  • Apply one drop to the skin every so often

So far I'm not sure that I see any results (after about 6 months).

Edited by smithx, 13 January 2020 - 08:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#753 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:35 PM

Our best bet would be to see if we could source it from canada,new Zealand, or perhaps an Indian pharmacy

#754 micro2000

• 61 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

Why not look on Alibaba for a Chinese supplier of rapamycin powder?

#755 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

Why not look on Alibaba for a Chinese supplier of rapamycin powder?

I'm considering that.  I wouldn't mind doing a group purchase, and then a purity, contaminants, dose analysis.  

#756 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:45 AM

I bought mine at alibaba, 1 gm for about $130 more or less, might have been 145. But that is less than 15 cents a mg and after using it for over a month I believe its the real thing. I'm getting the same benefits and sides as I did with the rapa I got from aas. Theirs was of course many fold more expensive. I can't say for sure its the same potency, I'm up to about 2.5 mg per week having gradually raised it. So it might be only 60 to 90% as pure as they say but at that price I am not worried since I can just take a little more. Also the aas formula was said by the company to be under dosed. 

I'm not sure if we are supposed to name suppliers in this forum? The rules are arcane and no one wants to get banned. PM me or if someone can tell me its ok I will post the name of the supplier company. 

#757 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Any comments on this?

Study: Rapamycin has harmful effects when telomeres are short

https://phys.org/new...eres-short.html

• Informative x 1

#758 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

Any comments on this?

Study: Rapamycin has harmful effects when telomeres are short

#759 bobolander

• 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

I'm not sure how we can tell our rate of aging.  I'm 85 years old with MyDNAge of 70-75 and Teloyears age of 77.  I've been taking 5mg of Rapamycin weekly for the past three or four years and feel and look younger than most of my mid-80's colleagues - and still play a mean 3.5 level game of tennis doubles.  Josh Mittledorf wrote some years ago about the inverse relationship of DNAm to average telomere length as being evolutions way of controlling runaway cellular immortality - "if the skeeters don't get you the alligators will!" So this finding is not unexpected.  We as anti-agers simply have to approach the goal from multiple directions - perhaps a shot of telomerase with our rapamycin?

Bottom line; I still think taking 5mg of Rapamycin weekly is a positive - at least at my age - maybe when I get old I'll think otherwise.

• Well Written x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#760 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

I'm not sure how we can tell our rate of aging.  I'm 85 years old with MyDNAge of 70-75 and Teloyears age of 77.  I've been taking 5mg of Rapamycin weekly for the past three or four years and feel and look younger than most of my mid-80's colleagues - and still play a mean 3.5 level game of tennis doubles.  Josh Mittledorf wrote some years ago about the inverse relationship of DNAm to average telomere length as being evolutions way of controlling runaway cellular immortality - "if the skeeters don't get you the alligators will!" So this finding is not unexpected.  We as anti-agers simply have to approach the goal from multiple directions - perhaps a shot of telomerase with our rapamycin?

Bottom line; I still think taking 5mg of Rapamycin weekly is a positive - at least at my age - maybe when I get old I'll think otherwise.

I could not have said it better  Touche'  

I love the maybe get old line!  lol  I am right there with you!   :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#761 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 01:58 AM

Thanks, waverock. It's always good to be aware of potential side effects. Here's a video that was released about a year ago that collects tons of studies about MTOR inhibitors and makes sense of them. As he says several times, lower doses and intermittent use has the opposite effect (in particular on immunity) as high, prolonged dosing. The video is long - almost an hour - and it's all very good. But if you want to skip ahead to his main conclusions, it really gets interesting 47 minutes in: 

Interestingly (to me at least) he starts out talking about Lyme Disease. What does that have to do with aging? It's all linked together, as I can demonstrate by sharing a brief version of my own story. About ten years ago, just before I turned 50, I discovered a tick between my toes, and it had been there for several hours. A month or so later, I noticed a circular rash on that leg. Convinced that I had Lyme, I got tested, which came back negative. Only years later, I learned that the test that most US doctors perform is useless. Two years later, i began having very early symptoms of Parkinson's.

Recently I saw a study which showed that the brain's normal response to serious infections (Lyme bacteria can invade the brain) can cause the mis-folded proteins that triggers Parkinson's (and AD). After that, it's a cascade effect. 8 years into it, i'm learning about Rapamycin, and I'm hoping that it can trigger the autophagy cleanup that's needed. Anti-aging is just a happy possibility for me, not my immediate goal.

off topic but monolaurin is a fantastic way to successfully fight Lyme disease

and fat coated viruses aka corona viruses!

https://selfhacked.c...aurin-benefits/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28644529

many more sites support these ideas, please search online   :) 

#762 NickNick

• 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Are there better alternatives to rapamycin that only target mTORC1 and not mTOR2? I thought spermidine was like this.

#763 PAMPAGUY

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

Are there better alternatives to rapamycin that only target mTORC1 and not mTOR2? I thought spermidine was like this.

Yes, there are different companies working on it.  It is the only way they can make money on Tor 1 inhibition.  They will be very expensive when they actually come out.  Also, if your over 60 now you cannot wait.  I have been taking weekly Rapa for 3 years and had almost no problems with intruding into Tor 2 territory.  In my personal experience 5-8 mg weekly = 95% of people will have no problems.  I'm 73 and take 10 mg weekly with no problems.  The older you get the stronger the Tor signal gets and the more Rapa you need to inhibit it.  Spermidine and Metformin are a very weak cousins to Rapa.

• Good Point x 2

#764 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

Yes, there are different companies working on it.  It is the only way they can make money on Tor 1 inhibition.  They will be very expensive when they actually come out.  Also, if your over 60 now you cannot wait.  I have been taking weekly Rapa for 3 years and had almost no problems with intruding into Tor 2 territory.  In my personal experience 5-8 mg weekly = 95% of people will have no problems.  I'm 73 and take 10 mg weekly with no problems.  The older you get the stronger the Tor signal gets and the more Rapa you need to inhibit it.  Spermidine and Metformin are a very weak cousins to Rapa.

Thanks for the great post! finally got my Rapamycin, holding off until Corona virus passes, should be gone by late spring, early summer.

Read up on grapefruit juice for inhibiting the enzyme that wastes rapamycin, think the study was in pubmed, 2 mg comes out to 6 mg when you drink glass of squeezed grapefruit ( has to be fresh) juice night before and next morning before your weekly dose. they confirmed with blood tests.

You have any experience or know anyone else with good luck?

#765 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:37 AM

Thanks for the great post! finally got my Rapamycin, holding off until Corona virus passes, should be gone by late spring, early summer.

Read up on grapefruit juice for inhibiting the enzyme that wastes rapamycin, think the study was in pubmed, 2 mg comes out to 6 mg when you drink glass of squeezed grapefruit ( has to be fresh) juice night before and next morning before your weekly dose. they confirmed with blood tests.

You have any experience or know anyone else with good luck?

Lots of info here: https://forum.age-reversal.net/

#766 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

Is anyone concerned with the new study that seems to show that, for older users, Rapamycin seems to have a paradoxical effect.  Older mice seemed to die earlier than controls while younger lived longer. As a 73 year old male, I intend to cease using until the value to older persons becomes more clear.

#767 bobolander

• 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

Good morning Poonja,

Just a quick note - my tennis partner is waiting. But my question to you is how old is old and how long do you want to wait.  I've only been taking R for 3 or 4 years now and it certainly doesn't seem to be hurting; of course I'm not a mouse and only 85 years old - not really old yet.  Go for it!!   Bob

• Cheerful x 1

#768 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Is anyone concerned with the new study that seems to show that, for older users, Rapamycin seems to have a paradoxical effect.  Older mice seemed to die earlier than controls while younger lived longer. As a 73 year old male, I intend to cease using until the value to older persons becomes more clear.

please give us the address for the website of this study   thanks

#769 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 09:25 PM

please give us the address for the website of this study   thanks

Study: Rapamycin has harmful effects when telomeres are short

#770 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:22 AM

Study: Rapamycin has harmful effects when telomeres are short

Article is pretty good, but I did not see the actual study.  We need to see how they dosed the mice.  were they dosed daily hourly or weekly?  how much did they give them compared to other studies?

in regards to short telomeres, is there any way to test your telomeres?  

#771 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

Article is pretty good, but I did not see the actual study.  We need to see how they dosed the mice.  were they dosed daily hourly or weekly?  how much did they give them compared to other studies?

in regards to short telomeres, is there any way to test your telomeres?  

There is a telemere subforum with threads on testing here and the thread with the rapa short telemere study here.

#772 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:09 PM

Rapamycin accelerate aging and diseases when your telomere is short. So this is true for most old people.

#773 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 03:45 PM

everyone's different, i would get a telomeres test

#774 Starchild

• 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:48 PM

Anyone able to obtain Rapa after the lockdowns? I reached out to four suppliers. All of them said, they can't/don't do shipments at the moment :/

Any experiences with Santa Cruz Biotechnology? (www.scbt.com/p/rapamycin-53123-88-9)

Any Dr who's licenced to operate in California? I prefer the prescription way over the others (if anything).

Edited by Starchild, 19 April 2020 - 07:09 PM.

#775 PAMPAGUY

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:17 PM

Anyone able to obtain Rapa after the lockdowns? I reached out to four suppliers. All of them said, they can't/don't do shipments at the moment :/

Any Dr who's licenced to operate in California? I prefer the prescription way over the others (if anything).

I ordered Rapamycin powder 99% from China. They take CC and Alibaba guarantees you get what you pay for.  These are large corporations.  Found out during this pandemic that most Rx chemicals come from China.  All Corona reagents used in testing come from China.  Just google Alibaba.  I received 2 grams and mixed with 1 kg. Lactose powder per instructions online for pharmaceutical drugs.  Bought jewelers scale(.001 mg).  1,000,000 mg / 2,000 mg = 500 mg (1/2 gm)=1 mg rapa  Need to cut with a lot of lactose in order to measure correctly.  They usually sell by kilo, but you can order sample as small as 1 gm., but express shipping is $40.  Have been paying thousands for last 3 years.  This cost me $225 total. and will last 4 years.  Many Rx. companies in China and they are open for business.  Took 8 days to get it.  Comes with complete Assay.  I am in lock down now, but will test my Sirolimus blood levels when I get out, but feel good about doing this.  Important to learn how to mix properly.  Check Utube videos for that

#776 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

Any experiences with Santa Cruz Biotechnology? (www.scbt.com/p/rapamycin-53123-88-9)

My supplier in India said all drugs are frozen from export  :(  I have enough for a few months, sounds like India may open up end of May?  But I like the Alibaba  idea, may try that if India stays closed.  Lotta fraud in china though  :(

you can make it last longer taking grapefruit juice you need about 1/2 normal dose, from what i have read here  ;)

Good Luck!

#777 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:29 PM

To pampaguy.  I also purchased 2g of rapamycin via ali baba.  It was my intention to dissolve a measured amount, say 200 mg in alcohol (such as high proof rum etc).  I would dissolve in 2oo drops of liquid.  This would result in one milligram per drop and would be very easy to dose.  Even at 10 drops per week, I have enough for two hundred weeks. 

#778 judge

• 50 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:44 PM

To pampaguy.  I also purchased 2g of rapamycin via ali baba.  It was my intention to dissolve a measured amount, say 200 mg in alcohol (such as high proof rum etc).  I would dissolve in 2oo drops of liquid.  This would result in one milligram per drop and would be very easy to dose.  Even at 10 drops per week, I have enough for two hundred weeks. 

Great idea!

#779 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:05 PM

I wrote a long post explaining tricks used by chinese firms, negotiating tricks etc and internet went out and lost it all. I will summarize I mixed mine in high proof rum last year and wrote about it here. Don't try mixing with powder it is very very difficult to avoid hot spots.

They advertise one price and charge a much higher price when you inquire. Lots of other tricks too. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#780 PAMPAGUY

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2020 - 06:23 PM

I wrote a long post explaining tricks used by chinese firms, negotiating tricks etc and internet went out and lost it all. I will summarize I mixed mine in high proof rum last year and wrote about it here. Don't try mixing with powder it is very very difficult to avoid hot spots.

They advertise one price and charge a much higher price when you inquire. Lots of other tricks too. 

To avoid hot spots, you follow the lab procedures set forth in many utube videos for mixing powders.  Start with 2 gm rapa mix equal amount of lactose.  Mix well, now add 4 gm lactose to mixture and mix well.  Keep doubling up until you have used all the lactose you are using in your compound.( took me 90 minutes  with 2 short breaks)  Time consuming, but worth it.  This is the way labs mix powders by hand with a mortar & pestle, but you can use a spoon and either a porcelain or glass bowl and get same results

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users