noob with aims and profile

nootropics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 balille

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

I'm new to nootropics and could use a bit of help.

Maybe I'd best give you my profile and aims as well as possible:

I've been having sleeping problems for many years, especially a lack of deep sleep (slow-wave sleep). Falling asleep is fine. The causes are unknown, but I've been declared psychiatrically and psychologically normal, balanced, have a happy relationship and so on. I have great difficulties with focussing, very probably as a result of bad sleep, can't read a normal article or longer e-mail even if it's interesting, and have great difficulties with my memory, short- and long-term. This is despite very high cognitive abilities (IQ above 3 standard deviations, professionally tested, Mensa member). And of course, I'm very tired and exhausted all the time. I keep all the "sleep hygiene" guidelines and use coping and workaround mechanisms, so this area is exhausted. Doing a bit of running and weights, but usually I'm too tired for that. I'm over 35, male. I mention all of that because I've got no idea if in my case those nootropics will work that fight non-normal problems (brain damage, stroke, old age...) or if they won't work because I'm already at the upper cognitive end. Of course, ultimately only trying it will show.

Aims: get things done productively. So, - focus - memory - persistence? - cognition. That's more for fun, but I enjoy understanding things more widely and deeply, and it's frustrating how I've been limited.

Technical aspects:

I'm aware I should try nootropics one after the other, not all at once.

It's fine if it takes a bit of time.

If I had a choice, I'd prefer tablets or capsules, not powder I'd have to weigh exactly and make a mess of.

If necessary, it's OK if something can be taken only in spaced doses to avoid building up tolerance. Better than nothing.

I'm not keen on addictive substances, though I'm not prone to physical or mental addictions.

I'm not interested in placebos and the like. And I don't give a damn if it's "natural" or lab-made.

Thanks in advance for any advice or concrete suggestions for a stack!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users