Biological Age

anti-aging

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#211 Michael Lustgarten

• 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2021 - 11:39 PM

No, because my circulating levels of albumin are correlated with a higher intake of beta-carotene (see https://youtu.be/Hvk1wvDmlms?t=396). So I purposefully eat a lot of carrots and spinach!

Edited by Michael Lustgarten, 28 April 2021 - 11:40 PM.

#212 Lady4T

• 103 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:45 AM

No, because my circulating levels of albumin are correlated with a higher intake of beta-carotene (see https://youtu.be/Hvk1wvDmlms?t=396). So I purposefully eat a lot of carrots and spinach!

How about eggs?

"A raw U.S. large egg contains around 33 grams of egg white with 3.6 grams of protein,. . . "  "Ovalbumin is the most abundant protein in albumen."

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Egg_white

According to that, one large egg contains around 54% ovalbumin (about 1.9 grams).

Does eating more eggs help increase serum albumin?

Edited by Lady4T, 29 April 2021 - 05:53 AM.

• Good Point x 2

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#213 Michael Lustgarten

• 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2021 - 11:04 AM

Yes, I'm familiar-I've tracked my daily food intake since 2018, and I have 14 blood tests during that period. In that data, egg intake is not correlated with blood levels of albumin (= 0.02, p=0.95). One reason may be because albumin is a large protein that is digested into its constituent amino acids prior to absorption. Then, it would be up to the liver to reassemble it into albumin, which would seem to be problematic because blood levels of albumin decrease during aging. Nonetheless, other mechanisms seem to be involved (for me), but we all may respond differently, and I'd encourage giving eggs a try to see if it works.

#214 Michael Lustgarten

• 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2021 - 10:22 AM

Here are the results of my 2nd blood test in 2021:

https://www.youtube....h?v=G5zXa4DLvjY

#215 albedo

• 1,802 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:57 PM

Here are the results of my 2nd blood test in 2021:

https://www.youtube....h?v=G5zXa4DLvjY

Thank you Michael !

Two comments/questions:

1. I am not sure about when you say the max BA reduction is about 20 years. Why?
  2. The 3.7x increase in hs-CRP in the 2nd measurement in 2021 might simply mean your body is working against a sub-clinical infection. What is your average hs-CRP since you start measuring it? The increase might be resolving soon. I would be cautious on conclusions after the MUFA test (what will you be increasing? – sound was not clear)

#216 Michael Lustgarten

• 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:27 PM

Thank you Michael !

Two comments/questions:

1. I am not sure about when you say the max BA reduction is about 20 years. Why?
  2. The 3.7x increase in hs-CRP in the 2nd measurement in 2021 might simply mean your body is working against a sub-clinical infection. What is your average hs-CRP since you start measuring it? The increase might be resolving soon. I would be cautious on conclusions after the MUFA test (what will you be increasing? – sound was not clear)

Thanks albedo. If you plug in your data to Levine's test, then change your chronological age, you'll see that the maximal biological age reduction is ~20y. So even if you're 80 with youthful biomarkers, at best you're 60. To me, that doesn't add up.

I agree about sub-clinical infection. However, my previous blood test was 0.27, and I've been in the 0.2 - 0.3 range, so I'd like to identify the variables that keep me there, rather than at my ~0.5 mg/L average since 2018. To increase MUFA intake, I'll increase my almond and cashew intake, which are mostly MUFA-containing nuts.

• Informative x 1

#217 albedo

• 1,802 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:19 PM

Thanks albedo. If you plug in your data to Levine's test, then change your chronological age, you'll see that the maximal biological age reduction is ~20y. So even if you're 80 with youthful biomarkers, at best you're 60. To me, that doesn't add up.

I agree about sub-clinical infection. However, my previous blood test was 0.27, and I've been in the 0.2 - 0.3 range, so I'd like to identify the variables that keep me there, rather than at my ~0.5 mg/L average since 2018. To increase MUFA intake, I'll increase my almond and cashew intake, which are mostly MUFA-containing nuts.

1. Thanks, I understand. It is why I am a bit skeptic on the BA number: it is a guideline but fundamentally it is just a mean to convert in years a (10 years) mortality risk using Gompertz's law.  I rather like the approach you are having of taking all those 9 biomarkers, themselves emerging from stringent statistical methods when regressing on cross sectional large population data, and then optimize against ACM.

2. hs-CRP is highly important and I am eager to know the results of your tests.

• Good Point x 1

#218 albedo

• 1,802 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2021 - 08:12 AM

To be short I just point here to a couple of comments I made into another interesting forum thread (age reversal network) in case you follow that too:

https://forum.age-re...dna-methylation

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#219 resting

• Life Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:44 PM

Just had my MUHDO Epigenetic results.   FYI

Chronological age 56  vs Biological Age 45.3

Should be lower but last 18 months been problematic due to Sars2 etc.

I had  practiced hormesis and OMAD + Daily 20m @ 80c  in  sauna for 2 years + swimming.  The results also show massive inflammation (probably due to time sample was given).

All the general supplements and experiments with (you may find posts relating).   Grandfather was 100 years when died. (Intensionally)  Father  83 (diagnosed and treated from age of  68 Prostate / health care maintenance issues due to Sars2 ... did not have virus). NMN + LIPO supplements.  Getting back to some form of better health now so will be back to sauna / swimming which is the only component missing at the moment).

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anti-aging

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users