Strategie to increase Dopamine

dopamine neurotransmitter energy supplements

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:53 AM

go check this; https://selfhacked.c...rease-dopamine/ the guy "joe" who created this site is a self proclaimed guru on "self hacking". of course the site is filled with advertisement and encouragement to buy his books and various things, good luck

#32 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. I've been to his website before and it seems like he just puts EVERY single potential possibility on there and says that there's this loosely related research to substantiate my point. I've read some of his stuff about brain fog before and tried a ton of his recommendations with zero success.

So if anyone has any other suggestions as to replicate the effects of Phenylalanine, they would be greatly appreciated

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

no i told you. i did phenylalanine too and its lost forever. ive tried many times its beyond us to understand why

#34 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

False, it's only beyond you and I. Not necessarily every other member on this board.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#35 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

dude phenylalanine is one of the weakest bioactive amino acids out there, why are you hung up on it specifically? move on! i remember i moved to cocaine and various other stimulants and they worked just the same but 10x better. i doubt you will ever experience same effect again in your life, stop being in denial and try new things and grow up

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#36 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

I'm not about to consume cocaine. No thanks. I'd rather experiment with different amino acids and cofactors before jumping to something like that. Thanks for your contributions
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#37 Eryximachus

• 74 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

I was wondering if anyone else had any more feedback. Thanks

Ignore most of the comments here.  

Firstly, I would keep in mind that ALL antipsychotic drugs function by antagonizing dopamine receptors.   Numerous drugs of abuse function by significantly increasing dopamine, mostly due to their structural similarity to adrenaline (LSD, MDMA, amphetamine all fall into this category including most hallucinogens).   Cocaine is an outlier, which works indirectly.  Antipsychotics were discovered when a popular tranquilizer (thorazine) was found to reverse the effects of LSD.   

So, this is serious business and should not be taken lightly. 

In short, there really isn't any kind of strategy that will do as you like. Whether you take tyrosine or cocaine, your body rapidly adjusts.   It's just the nature of life. 

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#38 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. What do you suppose is the actual cause of the "tolerance"? My guess is that it's as simple as the d2 post synaptic receptor internalizing or just reduces the number of active binding sites after being bombarded. Or perhaps an increase in the activity of MAO? Or both? It's interesting though that in my experience, abstaining from stimulants and dopamine precursors does not seem to resensitize the receptors like you'd think it would. Thanks again for taking the time to reply

#39 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

I'm not about to consume cocaine. No thanks. I'd rather experiment with different amino acids and cofactors before jumping to something like that. Thanks for your contributions

im not suggesting you do cocaine. if you really need to, you can try to get prescription stimulants that are safer and also boost dopamine 100% better than any amino acids or  natural co factors.

now, i think you are about 20 or so, cuz you are pretty naive to how the body works. once you try and do something, you never return to your old self even with abstinence, forever till death. the more things you eat, do and try in life, you build tolerance and experience and even if you lose your memory your body naturally remembers forever till death. we get lots of people like you regularly always complaining about life saying why cant they feel something for the first time again blah blah waah waah, sorry but you wont. thats life, its tough as nails kid, deal with it!

Edited by hazy, 13 July 2017 - 03:04 AM.

• Disagree x 1

#40 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

Don't make assumptions about me through the internet. I could easily say that the way you write looks like that of a 16 year old kid texting. But unlike you, I'll elect to take the high road and reserve judgement. Thanks again for your contributions to this thread, but your advice is no longer helpful nor welcomed.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#41 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:28 AM

alright, you seem like a nice kid, good luck ever finding a solution to this *chuckles* :)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#42 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Nothing major here but there are a few strategies--

Modafinil, MCT, and caffeine do increase dopamine.

Certain strains of cannabinoids do so too.

Apparently, the higher up you go with Moda the more pronounced the effect, but I'd highly discourage that!

Reminds me of the bad old days when I got my hands on some extra potent ma hung, aspirin, white orange peel, and a couple energy drinks on leg day!!

• Agree x 1

#43 MarcB

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

I appreciate the replies so far but I was hoping someone could go into greater detail and provide a little more feedback. Thanks!

Research Mucuna Pruriens.  It absolutely increases dopamine.  I have Parkinson's and there are extensive discussions re dopamine on the Parkinson's forums.   Mucuna supplements have 15% or 20% L-Dopa, a precursor to dopamine.  I buy 100% pure, pharmaceutical grade L-Dopa from Nutrivita.

https://examine.com/...ucuna-pruriens/

https://healthunlock...mucuna-prereins

PS If you are going to take L-Dopa, look into taking 5-HTP, a serotonin precursor, with it to deal with nausea.

PSS  I have no idea if dopamine will accomplish what you are looking for.  I only want to say you can increase dopamine levels.  People with Parkinson's take L-Dopa to diminish tremor and other symptoms.

Edited by MarcB, 16 July 2017 - 07:43 PM.

• Informative x 1

#44 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:06 AM

junkmaster, how do you get your modafinil, since you live in the US, its almost impossible!

#45 daniel11

• 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Nothing major here but there are a few strategies--

Modafinil, MCT, and caffeine do increase dopamine.

Certain strains of cannabinoids do so too.

Apparently, the higher up you go with Moda the more pronounced the effect, but I'd highly discourage that!

Reminds me of the bad old days when I got my hands on some extra potent ma hung, aspirin, white orange peel, and a couple energy drinks on leg day!!

Caffeine does not increase dopamine, it that was the case people would be drinking coffee every 30 minutes. Cocaine increases dopamine, that's why drug addicts self administer more  and more coke after the intial rush is over.

Caffeine increases serotonin and norepinephrine. It also increases the sensitivity of dopamine receptors do DA, which suggest it actually lowers dopamine. There are studies on this, look them up.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#46 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Sorry Daniel, 

I should have been more specific.  Modafinil in high(er) doses does increase dopamine.  I find caffeine and Modafinil synergistic so I made a bad assumption.  My genes say I do not respond well to caffeine anyway, so my perception of synergy is could very well be placebo.  

Good info on caffeine increasing serotonin, I never knew that.  I had always assumed it increased norepinephrine, but the addition of serotonin in interesting, no.

Thanks for the correction.

#47 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Caffeine does not increase dopamine, it that was the case people would be drinking coffee every 30 minutes. Cocaine increases dopamine, that's why drug addicts self administer more  and more coke after the intial rush is over.

Caffeine increases serotonin and norepinephrine. It also increases the sensitivity of dopamine receptors do DA, which suggest it actually lowers dopamine. There are studies on this, look them up.

There is no doubt that caffeine increases dopamine. Whether the effects associated with caffeine consumption are due to dopamine increases is another thing.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#48 daniel11

• 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

There is no doubt that caffeine increases dopamine. Whether the effects associated with caffeine consumption are due to dopamine increases is another thing.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4462609/

From the abstract:  Our findings indicate that in the human brain, caffeine, at doses typically consumed, increases the availability of DA D2/D3 receptors, which indicates that caffeine does not increase DA in the striatum for this would have decreased D2/D3 receptor availability.

#49 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

caffeine does it yes, thats why people drink their coffee with cigarattes a lot, its a good combo in increasing dopamine

so how does one acquire modafinil if its not a huge secret??

• Needs references x 1

#50 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

Do you want a happy, motivational, energizing and social dopamine rush? so easy

Bromantane (ceretropic or limitlesslifenootropics)+PPAP (newmind)+Uridine plus choline and b complex (Mr Happy stack, you will found it in several places).

Try it and then comment.

Rationale behind this:
increased dopamine production, bdnf, ngf, diminished anxiety by Bromantane
Increases dopamine, serotonin and nor effects, the conduction of the impulse is increases with PPAP, so a dopaminergic action potential increases the lenght of the impulse, without damage or downregulation like amphetamines
increased d2 receptor density with uridine and the other stuff

If you will try this stay prepared for the effects, this combination will affect you a lot, try to take less of any substances that has a stimulatory effect beacuse with this just a cup of coffe will be different.

#51 Journey2016

• 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

Try Synaptamine

Nano amino acid prodcut

http://choopersguide...mino-acids.html

#52 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 23 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

How can one buy this?

#53 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

If someone think that my comment is "dangerous" then that person doesn't know anything about the effects and mechanism of action of PPAP, the same for bromantane, both substances are safe by their own, specially PPAP a catecholamine enhancer developed by the same creator of selegeline, that does not release dopamine like amphetamines, nor inhibits reuptake like methylphenidate, it increses the lenght of the impulse propagation when the action potential occurs, so an action potential of a dopaminergic neuron will reach to most distant neurons and will have a general stronger effect due to the increased effectivenes of the conduction, but it does not forces the cell to release a bestial amount of dopamine like amphetamines. Its is obviously that an stack of PPAP+bromantane+Uridine will create a high dopaminergic state, and any supplement or drug that interacts with sertonin, dopamine or nepi will be enhanced and will produce stronger effects, but that could be produced by any stack that enhances catecholaminergic transmission.

Bromantane is safe in general, it increases tyrosine hydroxylase production by a 200%, so your body will produce more dopamine, a common characteristic of bromantane is that the effects does not dimish with continous use, it also increases the production of BDNF and NGF, two neurotrophins that are neuroprotectant. It also has some relaxing and anti-anxiety effects, so with PPAP any effect like amphetamine induced anxiety, or like ritalin induced anxiety will be minor or perceived as non existent, depending of the baseline of the person.
The same for Uridine.
Do a research first before marking my comment as dangerous.

Edited by BieraK, 23 July 2017 - 03:25 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#54 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:04 AM

i still havent figured out, how does one purchase modafinil?? its the one substance that i have read about that seems very very safe and actually really truly increases dopamine! problem is, seems to be very restricted and hard to get hold of.

#55 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

i still havent figured out, how does one purchase modafinil?? its the one substance that i have read about that seems very very safe and actually really truly increases dopamine! problem is, seems to be very restricted and hard to get hold of.

Modafinil is not safe for everyone, one of the main mechanism of modafinil is Histamine receptor activation, if someone has problem with an overactive immune system, chronic inflammation, or is prone to anxiety and stress modafinil is not a good addition. I've read some bad cases of modafinil side effects. In my experience I no longer use it, it make me feel ill, with nerve pains.

The other problem with modafinil is that many people develop tolerance with continous use, after all modafinil is a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, it does not compare to methylphenidate or adderall (amphetamines) for motivation and enter into the "ok men, time do all the shit now" focus behavior. The main problem with methylphenidate and adderall is anxiety, increased blood pressure and vasoconstriction, and of course tolerrance, however this depends of the person, for example chelated magnesium and or low doses of memantine (an NMDA antagonist) prevents or slows the develop of tolerance. A healthy diet, citruline, grape seed extract and supplement for cardiovascular health are recommended with the use of adderal. In the case of methylphenidate, the same goes for the slowing the onset of tolerance, however the vascular and pheriperal side effects depends of the person.

Thats why I'm recomending a relatively safe and motivational dopaminergic stack: PPAP+Bromantane+Uridine. There is no DAT transporter blocked, so the onset of dopamine receptor downregulation is so, soooo slow. There is no MAO-B inhibitin like selegiline, in my case selegiline apparently downregulated some receptors, there are studies showing tyrosine hydroxylase downregulation by selegiline, so the body produce less dopamine. With this stack there is no forcing dopamine release like amphetamines, the typical neurotoxic claim of these type of drugs.

In theory, the only concern with PPAP+Bromantane is Dopamine receptor dowregulation, but Uridine comes here, Uridine increases D2 receptor density.

Perhaps the other concern is an increase in the neurotoxic dopamine metabolites, but that can be avoided with antioxidants or with low doses of selegiline... of course an stack of PPAP+Bromantane+Uridine+Selegiline could be too potent, an hypomanic state could result of this. However PPAP+Bromantane only looks very safe and with a profound effect in the behavior.

On the otherhand if someone want references about my claims of PPAP and Bromantane I have no problem on put several links of ton shit of info here, but don't be lazy, read about PPAP and Bromantane mechanism of action if you are wanting for my time, and please don't hide, if someone want reference write it here.

• WellResearched x 3

#56 mcc23

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

Some great responses so far. Especially @BieraK

Thanks guys
  • Cheerful x 1

#57 Multivitz

• 550 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

No one mentioned Boron, it balances the sex hormones of cell growth amongst many other crucial feedback controls and enzymic involvement. Zinc is involved with every enzyme system in the body.
I see the repeaters are pushing Tyrosine, it's only absorbed through the blood brain barrier with the aid of Vanadium, it's like the type2 Diabetes condition where an area of the body's cells can't feed themselves, quite complicated if you're new to it.
I recommend a vanadyl sulphate tablet and 500mg of tyrosine maybe twice a week, we wouldn't want to risk imbalancing an already tired and deficient body further. I use it to stop seizures, works fast, dissolves in mouth to, so no risk of choking?
Then of course there's the micro biome, it has a major influence on our moods, and if you're taking drugs, have a weathered body, or eat food that is incomplete or useless, then the microbes will eat what's not protected or just lying around. Their waste is a stimulant to your mind as well as dissolving bits of you. In a "healthy" individual the microbes protect, heal, digest, calm, manufacturers compounds for the host and are synergetic to us.
I mean, you got to cover your bases. And what about Fluoride and Bromide we all store up, all that industrial waste prevents empathy, does that prevent the mind opening to new ideas of health, you bet it does.
I think the useless mineral Fluoride is in ssri's. Try lugals iodine first, don't forget it's companion nutrients. It works every time. Cut out tap water, and maybe watch fat sick and nearly dead. Cover your bases.

#58 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

i was taking high doses boron and zinc for a while with no results. i really gave up on this since i found out you can just use regular stimulants like caffeine and hormones like DHEA to feel hornier

#59 Caravaggio

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

i was taking high doses boron and zinc for a while with no results. i really gave up on this since i found out you can just use regular stimulants like caffeine and hormones like DHEA to feel hornier

It doesn't make sense to take both caffeine and DHEA at the same time, the first raises Cortisol while the latter lowers it, unless you want to get the concentration-enhancing effect of ACh without the stress-effect of the Cortisol.

Psychosom Med. 2005 Sep-Oct;67(5):734-9.

Caffeine stimulation of cortisol secretion across the waking hours in relation to caffeine intake levels.

Lovallo WR1, Whitsett TL, al'Absi M, Sung BH, Vincent AS, Wilson MF.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16204431

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

9-MBC to increase dopamine producing neurons and your own production of dopamine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, neurotransmitter, energy, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users