- - - - -

1000mg pregnenolone

pregnenolone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

I took 1000mg (1 gram) of pregnenolone of the Life Extension brand. This is not pregnenolone sulfate but rather the normal pregnenolone which is capable of converting to all the hormones.

Lower dosages have stronger and more plentiful of effects whereas higher dosages bizarrely have much fewer and milder effects. This is probably due to the gaba-a receptor's U shaped curve of effects (so large dosages of allopregnenolone, pregnenolone's main metabolite, may have opposite effects of lower dosages).

The 1000mg (1 gram) I took produced the following:

Mild weakness in muscles

Subtle fatigue

Subtle restlessness

Subtle excessive thinking

Subtle heightened senses (light sharper, more vivid)

(I haven't slept yet so I can't comment yet on whether it affects sleep quality.)

Most of these effects are due to pregnenolone's downstream activation of the 5ht2a receptors so a 5ht2a antagonist should resolve all or most of these.

With 100mg-400mg (0.1-0.4 gram) I usually experience the following:

Prostate enlargement (not caused by conversion to other hormones)

Heightened libido, increased sexual pleasure; can also cause decreased libido.

Resistance to masturbation-induced effeminate feelings (the feelings we all get)

Mild increased feeling of masculinity (estrogen probably)

Excessive fantasizing and daydreaming, on the schizo or autism-level (gaba-a effect).

Relaxation (gaba-a effect)

Irritability (5ht2a receptor)

Mental energy, motivation increase (dopaminergic)

Mild physical and mental fatigue (5ht2a receptor, not a contradiction)

Falling asleep may be easier but sleep quality itself is drastically lowered (5ht2a receptor)

Excessive thoughts (schizo-like, 5ht2a receptor)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

Yesterday, together with the 1g of pregnenolone I also took Life Extension's vitamin K complex (for the pain in my teeth, it worked immediately wow), 1800mg of calciumcarbonate (to go with the vitamin K), 6mg of boron (to help with metabolizing progesterone for androgenic effects).

Color me surprised, I slept very heavily with good dreams. Seems that this 1g of pregnenolone did not decrease my sleep quality.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Believer

• Topic Starter
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

This is the 4rth day of my experimentation. I have not yet taken pregnenolone and I may choose not to do it because fear of a bad interaction with some pain-relieving meds I am taking (ibuprofen and paracematol, including herbs).

I can say that I have experienced no weight gain. Actually it seems that pregnenolone at 1000mg may have pro-weight loss effects although I wasn't gaining weight before trying this experiment, but I have been eating a lot (carbs and fats) and my weight is certainly not increasing.

I believe Ray Peat claims he had used a gram of pregnenolone a day for months or years without side-effects.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pregnenolone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users