aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
461 replies to this topic

#451 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 3,541 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:31 PM

For all those who do not buy into the amyloid/tau axis as a cause of AD and do not believe the protocol developed here can help them, please post your own solutions on a new thread. There are countless crackpot and otherwise speculative theories out there and I have no wish to debate them and no desire to have them clog up this thread. For those who want to try a protocol that works, it can be found in this thread in post 399. The latest update can always be found on my profile page (click on my avatar to get there). If you've tried this protocol, please feel free to post your results.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 08 April 2019 - 02:33 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#452 ceridwen

• 1,283 posts

Member Away

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

I think we need something to clear up cerebral infections
However there seem to be rather a lot of them and it is possible one could be attacked by more than one infection at once
  • Agree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#453 ccll

• 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

Updated Alzheimer's protocol — experimental

Fascinating thread. Spent many hours reading.

So I'm about to turn 50 and have noticed increased decline in mental recall and tenacity ( following a complicated train of thought and following through multi-step debug processes). How do I know if this protocol will help? In other words, is all mental decline due to alpha and beta plaque? If I try taurine, oleuropine, curcumin (maybe glutathione)  first and notice improvements, then would adding EPPS be moot? I don't have any family history of Alzhimers. Grandmother had dementia, but she lived through historically traumatic times. I do seem to be affected by anxiety due to stress.

The whole protocol would add up to close to $300. So perhaps trying those first 3 or 4 items ($150) is a good approach? 

Some background: I used to take ALC-ALA for energy. That worked wonders for a while, then stopped working.  Later got off Mirena IUD and felt much better.  I tried C60 three years ago. It worked wonders, and then stopped working. Then I tried adrenal support like Rhodiola and Ashwaganda to have more energy. Ash is more even and gentle and did give me energy, but it boosted sex hormones a lot. In the last year my blood pressure has gone high. I tried Nicotinamide Riboside for blood pressure. Didn't notice much difference. The only thing that seems to work is prescription drugs. So I'm now on diuretic and lisinopril.

#454 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 3,541 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:38 PM

So I'm about to turn 50 and have noticed increased decline in mental recall and tenacity...

You are young for AD, so I would first get a genetic test. If you don't have the APOE4 gene or the early-onset genes listed below, then it is probably something else.

I think we need something to clear up cerebral infections

People have suggested gingivitis and herpes as causes of AD, but retrospective cohort studies show them to have relatively little impact. They may supply some stimulating factor to the production of Aβ or p-tau, but they aren’t in the same ballpark as the APOE4 gene. Looking at odds ratio (OR) to the general population —

Group — Odds Ratio 
Chronic periodontitis — 1.05
Herpesviridae (HSV1) in the brain — 1.38
One APOE4 gene — 2-3 
Two APOE4 genes — 12 

Among the general population, about 8 percent of people have APOE2, 78 percent have APOE3, and 14 percent have APOE4. However, among people with late-onset, nonfamilial Alzheimer’s, which accounts for 95 percent of all cases, the profile is very different: Only 4 percent have APOE2, and the percentage with APOE3 drops to 60 percent. APOE4 shows a dramatic increase: Thirty-seven percent of late-onset Alzheimer’s patients carry this version of the gene.

“APOE4 is by far the most significant risk gene for late-onset, sporadic Alzheimer’s disease,”  Dr Tsai says. “However, despite that, there really has not been a whole lot of research done on it. We still don’t have a very good idea of why APOE4 increases the disease risk.”

Early-onset Alzheimer's--

A very small percentage of people who develop Alzheimer's disease have the early-onset type. Signs and symptoms of this type usually appear between ages 30 and 60 years. This type of Alzheimer's disease is very strongly linked to your genes.

Scientists have identified three genes in which mutations cause early-onset Alzheimer's disease. If you inherit one of these mutated genes from either parent, you will probably have Alzheimer's symptoms before age 65. The genes involved are:

Amyloid precursor protein (APP)
Presenilin 1 (PSEN1)
Presenilin 2 (PSEN2)

References:

Alzheimer's and periodontitis: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30874308

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 April 2019 - 07:57 PM.

• Agree x 1

#455 William Sterog

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

The cause of my mental decline is probably not Alzheimer's, given that I am "just" 26, but I have many issues with memory lately, and with extreme mental fatigue, hypersomnia and suddenly passing out. The doctors have been unable to offer any help whatsoever.

Given that I had a respectable IQ to begin with, my now mediocre state is, supposedly, not enough to get worry, although my decline is obvious and measurable (from dual back 9 to dual back 6, for example, as one of the many measures that I have taken).

It is a shame, but this protocol, which I know that it is not suited for me, but I tried out anyways because of my sheer desperation, and I have also read that plaques are common in a lot of mental issues, have not worked. I have not taken HEPPS nor Dihydromyricetin, they are hard to get in my country, or so it seems, and they might me the key, I don't know.

I feel like if my life is being stolen, I constantly feel that I am not myself anymore, everything I produce is terrible, and I am even unable to properly express myself.

If you want to experiment on we, I am mostly open to be a guinea pig.

Fisetin is one of the very few things that helps, I don't know why. You may want to also try it. Thanks for this protocol, sorry about the sobbing. Don't give up, people.

#456 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,710 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

The cause of my mental decline is probably not Alzheimer's, given that I am "just" 26, but I have many issues with memory lately, and with extreme mental fatigue, hypersomnia and suddenly passing out. The doctors have been unable to offer any help whatsoever.

Given that I had a respectable IQ to begin with, my now mediocre state is, supposedly, not enough to get worry, although my decline is obvious and measurable (from dual back 9 to dual back 6, for example, as one of the many measures that I have taken).

It is a shame, but this protocol, which I know that it is not suited for me, but I tried out anyways because of my sheer desperation, and I have also read that plaques are common in a lot of mental issues, have not worked. I have not taken HEPPS nor Dihydromyricetin, they are hard to get in my country, or so it seems, and they might me the key, I don't know.

I feel like if my life is being stolen, I constantly feel that I am not myself anymore, everything I produce is terrible, and I am even unable to properly express myself.

If you want to experiment on we, I am mostly open to be a guinea pig.

Fisetin is one of the very few things that helps, I don't know why. You may want to also try it. Thanks for this protocol, sorry about the sobbing. Don't give up, people.

Curious... some of what you mention sounds an awful lot like OCCUPATIONAL BURNOUT - the fact that you are intelligent ant driven is even a risk-factor in todays society - driving yourself too hard, which is easy, causes Burnout. Is this something which you have considered?

Another possibility, which I don't want to mention too much, is some kind of auto-immune reaction... a lite-version of what some call CFS/ME - Chronic Fatigue Symptom. But your symptoms sound mostly cognitive, not physical to the same extent? Or am I misinterpreting things?

If you have burnout, then a protocol which enhances neurogenesis (omega-3, blueberry extract, curcumin, resveratrol ), coupled with NSI-189 may be sufficient to get you back on your feet.

I take it that you have done multiple tests on yourself? Blood taken, urine taken, brain scanned, et c? (I'd suggest doing that first)

#457 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 3,541 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

Fisetin is one of the very few things that helps, I don't know why. 

If fisetin helps, perhaps you have a problem with autophagy, perhaps your mitochondria are screwed up. Seems unlikely at your age, but possible. You might try PQQ, and if that helps, then give my mito protocol a shot -- https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=870740

#458 platypus

• 2,336 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

you might try PQQ, and if that helps, then give my mito protocol a shot -- 

Unless this has already been coined, I'd like to propose that your protocol is called "The Turnbuckle Protocol" from now on. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Agree x 1

#459 aribadabar

• 595 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

Unless this has already been coined, I'd like to propose that your protocol is called "The Turnbuckle Protocol" from now on. 

Disagree on the naming convention - Turnbuckle offered so many treatment vectors in various directions that making one of them The protocol is confusing and doing disservice to the other proposed regimens by him.

Look at the links after clicking on his avatar to see what I mean.

• Good Point x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#460 platypus

• 2,336 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

How about "Turnbuckle mito-protocol" & "Turnbuckle Alzheimer protocol"? Possibly others...

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Good Point x 1

#461 William Sterog

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

Tests are normal. Yes, even brain scanners. They said that my brain presented a lot of non-pathological abnormalities. I am not sure of what does this mean, but I asked for a second opinion and they said that I had indeed nothing to be worry about.

I have tried PQQ with no obvious benefits. 10mg is a better dosage than 20mg in my experience, the latter sometimes gives me a headache.

Creatine and ALCAR help for a little while, but soon I crash and I feel much worse. I do suspect that it may have something to do with my mitochondria, but this protocol hasn't help me neither.

Excuse my English.

Edited by William Sterog, 18 April 2019 - 12:45 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#462 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 3,541 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

Tests are normal. Yes, even brain scanners. They said that my brain presented a lot of non-pathological abnormalities. I am not sure of what does this mean, but I asked for a second opinion and they said that I had indeed nothing to be worry about.

I have tried PQQ with no obvious benefits. 10mg is a better dosage than 20mg in my experience, the latter sometimes gives me a headache.

Creatine and ALCAR help for a little while, but soon I crash and I feel much worse. I do suspect that it may have something to do with my mitochondria, but this protocol hasn't help me neither.

Excuse my English.

If PQQ didn't help, and given your age, the problem likely lies elsewhere. My protocols are unlikely to help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users