• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#391 Ducky-001

• Registrant
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:53 AM

Potentially interesting article:

Mitophagy inhibits amyloid-β and tau pathology and reverses cognitive deficits in models of Alzheimer’s disease

https://www.nature.c...1593-018-0332-9

• like x 1

#392 v_squared123

• 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

I'm trying apple polyphenols, which typically contain proanthocyanidin B2, but I have no opinion yet. As for homotaurine, it has the same chemical similarity to HEPPS that taurine has (and HEPES as well, but that does the opposite of what we want).

Turnbuckle, what about more advanced forms of AD? I have a relative who is advanced in the disease. Shes non-verbal, unable to care for herself, completely dependent on someone else. I know your protocol is more for the immediate resolution of possible AD pathology and symptoms in people who may think they have it or fall into a category of having it ( ie age and/or age+symptoms+genetics) but what about someone who has it but its advanced. Also, they're on the typical slew of AD medication if thats worth mentioning ( aricept, memeatine and an antidepressant citalopram and leveracetam due to a seizure long ago ) 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#393 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Turnbuckle, what about more advanced forms of AD? I have a relative who is advanced in the disease. Shes non-verbal, unable to care for herself, completely dependent on someone else. I know your protocol is more for the immediate resolution of possible AD pathology and symptoms in people who may think they have it or fall into a category of having it ( ie age and/or age+symptoms+genetics) but what about someone who has it but its advanced. Also, they're on the typical slew of AD medication if thats worth mentioning ( aricept, memeatine and an antidepressant citalopram and leveracetam due to a seizure long ago ) 

First, the medical establishment's approach to AD has been a near total failure. For them it is incurable, as the best they can do is slow it down a little and treat the symptoms. Second, the sooner you start clearing out amyloid beta and p-tau, the better. You will get mental capacity back and once the glial involvement recedes, you will get even more back. Once you experience major neuronal death, however, you will need something beyond this "dissolve & detoxify" approach. Can you grow new neurons? In some limited areas you probably can. Should you try to do this concurrently with this protocol? I don't know, but I suspect it would be better to clear this junk out before trying to do repair. As for memantine and antidepressants, I don't know how that would work out in combination, but I doubt it would be a problem.

#394 v_squared123

• 41 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

First, the medical establishment's approach to AD has been a near total failure. For them it is incurable, as the best they can do is slow it down a little and treat the symptoms. Second, the sooner you start clearing out amyloid beta and p-tau, the better. You will get mental capacity back and once the glial involvement recedes, you will get even more back. Once you experience major neuronal death, however, you will need something beyond this "dissolve & detoxify" approach. Can you grow new neurons? In some limited areas you probably can. Should you try to do this concurrently with this protocol? I don't know, but I suspect it would be better to clear this junk out before trying to do repair. As for memantine and antidepressants, I don't know how that would work out in combination, but I doubt it would be a problem.

Yea. Shes pretty advanced in the disease. Thats what I wanted to point out. She was diagnosed back in 2009/2010. So its been a while. I do have some concerns about how the dissolved debris will get cleared in the advanced patient or if it will even get cleared out at all. I do know, along with your Olive oil extract method, that sleep is an excellent detoxifier for clearing out debris. But i wouldnt want to cause more harm than good. Perhaps a non-aggressive "soft" or delicate approach could be an option. Something that wouldnt be soo aggressive with the dissolving of plaques and tangles but is able to casually dissolve lol. I dont know. I know some folks have mentioned headaches as an issue and you stated to take it slow as initially clearance could cause worsening symptoms so definately a gentle approach would be favourable. As for growing neurons, ive read that coffee fruit extract and fish oil high in dha+epa  and also curcumin could help. I havent seen any human studies suggesting it. Just cell culture/petri dish studies. 

Edited by v_squared123, 20 February 2019 - 06:44 PM.

#395 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:49 PM

Yea. Shes pretty advanced in the disease. Thats what I wanted to point out. She was diagnosed back in 2009/2010. So its been a while. I do have some concerns about how the dissolved debris will get cleared in the advanced patient or if it will even get cleared out at all. I do know, along with your Olive oil extract method, that sleep is an excellent detoxifier for clearing out debris. But i wouldnt want to cause more harm than good. Perhaps a non-aggressive "soft" or delicate approach could be an option. Something that wouldnt be soo aggressive with the dissolving of plaques and tangles but is able to casually dissolve lol. I dont know. I know some folks have mentioned headaches as an issue and you stated to take it slow as initially clearance could cause worsening symptoms so definately a gentle approach would be favourable. As for growing neurons, ive read that coffee fruit extract and fish oil high in dha+epa  and also curcumin could help. I havent seen any human studies suggesting it. Just cell culture/petri dish studies. 

Amyloid beta (Aβ) is very toxic, and Cerebrospinal fluid (CFS) turnover is only about once every six hours. Assuming mixing, this should taken as a half-life, so for those with heavy levels of Aβ and those just starting off, a second dose of antioxidants might be helpful at the 4-6 hour mark. And maybe a third dose as well. For those people it might be helpful to start with a reduced dose of HEPPS, and a treatment schedule of not more than every other day, to insure clearance. The antioxidants for subsequent doses could be the same used in the first dose. From post 354

Taurine — 10-15 g (2-3 teaspoons)
Olive Leaf extract 20% oleuropein — (two 500 mg caps)
Olive Leaf extract 25% hydroxytyrosol — (one 100 mg cap)
Dihydromyricetin — (one 350 mg cap)
Vitamin C — (one 500 mg cap or tablet) This is on the low side. One could take much more if it is tolerated.
Glutathione — (one or two 250 mg gel caps, liposomal, CORE brand) This could also be increased if needed. 

While this is speculative, it seems reasonable to try.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 20 February 2019 - 08:50 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#396 v_squared123

• 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Amyloid beta (Aβ) is very toxic, and Cerebrospinal fluid (CFS) turnover is only about once every six hours. Assuming mixing, this should taken as a half-life, so for those with heavy levels of Aβ and those just starting off, a second dose of antioxidants might be helpful at the 4-6 hour mark. And maybe a third dose as well. For those people it might be helpful to start with a reduced dose of HEPPS, and a treatment schedule of not more than every other day, to insure clearance. The antioxidants for subsequent doses could be the same used in the first dose. From post 354

Taurine — 10-15 g (2-3 teaspoons)
Olive Leaf extract 20% oleuropein — (two 500 mg caps)
Olive Leaf extract 25% hydroxytyrosol — (one 100 mg cap)
Dihydromyricetin — (one 350 mg cap)
Vitamin C — (one 500 mg cap or tablet) This is on the low side. One could take much more if it is tolerated.
Glutathione — (one or two 250 mg gel caps, liposomal, CORE brand) This could also be increased if needed. 

While this is speculative, it seems reasonable to try.

Ok, so you're suggesting not to initially include HEPPS? I see Taurine only. Is that because Taurine is a less-potent-but-still-effective Abeta dissolving agent?

And all that listed above is for the 1st dose taken together? And then the second dose is strictly antioxidants at the "4-6 hour mark" and at the third "4-6 hour mark" a third dose of strictly antioxidants?

What exactly constitutes as antioxidants? Olive leaf extracts, vitamin c, glutathione? I ask because I don't see curcumin which i know has antioxidant properties. Special reason perhaps?

Also, what about the tau dissolving/reduction agents? How or when would those be included? Im assume anything past mild/moderate AD would have Abeta+tau pathology which she is

Edited by v_squared123, 21 February 2019 - 09:23 PM.

#397 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

What I posted above is the second dose. If you want to reduce the HEPPS in the first dose, you certainly can.

#398 v_squared123

• 41 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

What I posted above is the second dose. If you want to reduce the HEPPS in the first dose, you certainly can.

Right. The ingredients listed in that post suggested to me it was a revised dosing schedule specifically. 

Also, 1/4 teaspoon of HEPPS is very small. Reducing it would mean a very very small amount. 1/8th is how much of a teaspoon? lol

#399 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

Updated Alzheimer's protocol — experimental

This protocol based on the one in post 354. Ingredient doses and measures have been tweaked, and optional detoxify-only doses added. Best to begin this protocol as soon as symptoms appear. The longer one waits, the less recovery is possible.

A link to the latest update can always be found on my profile page by clicking on my avatar. 

GROUP A: The following in powder form can be used in fruit juice (measured doses are approximate as powders vary) —

HEPPS —  1 g (1/4 teaspoon. In the US this can be obtained from Amazon.)

Taurine — 10-15 g (2-3 teaspoons)

Carnosine — 3 g (1.5 teaspoon)

Acetyl L-Carnitine — 1 g (1/2 teaspoon)

Magnesium threonate — .5-1 g (1/4 teaspoon)

GROUP B: The following are best in capsules (doses based on commonly available supplements) —

Olive Leaf extract 20% oleuropein — (two 500 mg caps)

Olive Leaf extract 25% hydroxytyrosol — (one 100 mg cap)

Dihydromyricetin — (one 350 mg cap)

Nicotinamide — (one 500 mg cap)

Vitamin C — (one or two 500 mg caps or tablets)

Glutathione — (two 250 mg gel caps, liposomal, CORE brand)

Curcumin — (one 500 mg cap, liposomal, Meriva brand)

Dosing—

Time = 0 hours: Groups A&B (taken together at the same time)

Time = 4 hours: Group B (if needed)

Time = 8 hours: Group B (if needed)

The doses are 4 and 8 hours can be dispensed with if one has only a light level of Aβ, but may be helpful if just starting out, as the half-life of released Aβ is expected to be around 6 hours, and most of the detoxifying agents are less than that. One might also start with a lower level of HEPPS and ramp it up to 1g to avoid the initial rapid clearance of Aβ. 

Take every other day for four months or so. Symptoms may disappear more quickly, but that does not mean the problem has been eliminated, as substantial deposits can exist asymptomatically.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 22 February 2019 - 10:53 AM.

• like x 3
  • Informative x 3

#400 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

Since the winter solstice I’ve taken at irregular spacing 25 doses of the #354 Alzheimer’s protocol, closely following the recipe.  As I reported earlier, I’ve experienced good recovery of fluency - still plenty of room for improvement.

I’ve reacted poorly to taurine for decades.  My first treatment used 10 g of taurine - I was knocked out the whole next day.  Went to 1 g, that was OK.  Recently premixed 10 batches (into ten small containers) with 2 g taurine - that premix was probably a mistake. 

Just to explain I’m recovering from (idiopathic) microscopic colitis and am tapering off of budesonide.  I have to avoid colitis triggers.  Every trigger experience sets back complete recovery. The last two bedtime treatments with the premix caused next-day diarrhea.  A number of the protocol ingredients are associated with diarrhea.  I use only 500 mg of C and can switch to extended release.  I tolerated the magnesium threonate but will reduce to 500 mg.  Several of the other ingredients are possible culprits. 

But I most suspect taurine (Bulk Supplements brand).  There are three mentions of taurine and diarrhea in the thread.  I will zero it out for my next few treatments.  Wonder whether I should substitute nothing, or perhaps TUDCA which I’ve taken for short periods for liver tune-up with good tolerance, or maybe the homotaurine 100 mg which I’ve had on hand but have never used.  Another option is to sip 1 g of taurine over four? hours, but am not too excited about that. 

I was taking treatments on arbitrary days, often back to back, but now I think I will space out to every other day.  Every other day subjectively feels better to me.   I plan to go out to at least 50 treatments.  I had very strong cognition till 11 months ago.  I'm APOE 4/4, 69 years old.

Next, I have fit in stem cell protocol treatments, one a week for the last three weeks.  I should explain that for the last six years I’ve had NOT CFS, but exercise intolerance  (severe post-exercise fatigue for 24 hours) that deters me from strenuous activity.  Medical investigations yielded no diagnosis. 

I’m pretty bold but C60 was just too unknown for me to fool around with.  Thus, the cautious and limited protocol was welcome.  After the third treatment on Friday night, Saturday afternoon I started to feel frisky and went out for an hour of hard hill-trail hiking with no strain no post-exercise fatigue, and a pulse of endorphins, like a normal person, for the first time in many years.  No fatigue today, Sunday.  I started daydreaming about taking 10 mg a day of C60 - but I won’t.  Here’s hoping that ten courses of the stem-cell protocol will allow me to return fully to exercise beyond 35-minute walks. 

Thanks to Turnbuckle and all for working on this project.

• Informative x 1

#401 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

I started daydreaming about taking 10 mg a day of C60 - but I won’t.  

Rather, I started daydreaming about taking 10 grams a day...

• Good Point x 1

#402 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:21 PM

Just to explain I’m recovering from (idiopathic) microscopic colitis and am tapering off of budesonide.  I have to avoid colitis triggers.  Every trigger experience sets back complete recovery. The last two bedtime treatments with the premix caused next-day diarrhea.  A number of the protocol ingredients are associated with diarrhea.

This is off-topic, but in the spirit of allowing you to continue this protocol: I had been suffering for four years from quite a bad case of ulcerative colitis. All of my symptoms went away with a week of 100.000IU of Vitamin D daily. Now I take a dose of 15.000-40.000 IU plus K2 and avoid calcium. My microbiome is still far from perfect, but no more months of losing blood thirty times a day through my anus.

My mother has been taking days off the protocol, as she also experienced some loose bowels. She stopped the Vitamin C, which made it better (probably a bad form of it), but you say it is the taurine? IMHE, she is more present and coherent - she still mixes details up and fabulates a tiny bit, but maybe that is not caused by the plaques or their influence.

#403 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

Feel free to adjust the experimental protocol ingredients to whatever you can tolerate. The levels I reported I used on myself and one other person with good results, but others might have reactions to specific ingredients. Taurine has rare side effects, and so does vitamin C. Most of these substances are short acting, while HEPPS has an unknown half life (though surely longer than taurine) and freed Aβ can be expected to have a half life of around six hours, as that is the replacement time for cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). The ideal detox agent would have a much longer half life. BHT and/or BHA, for instance, which I intend to try.

A note on post #399. During the treatment my sense of smell seemed to go up dramatically, but afterwards it returned to baseline (this was purely subjective as I didn't do any tests). As CSF and its burden of Aβ drains near the olfactory lobe, that part of the brain gets the highest dose, and loss of smell is an early sign of AD. This suggest that this protocol could be improved with a better (more long lasting) antioxidant(s).

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 February 2019 - 02:03 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#404 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

This is off-topic, but in the spirit of allowing you to continue this protocol: I had been suffering for four years from quite a bad case of ulcerative colitis. All of my symptoms went away with a week of 100.000IU of Vitamin D daily. Now I take a dose of 15.000-40.000 IU plus K2 and avoid calcium. My microbiome is still far from perfect, but no more months of losing blood thirty times a day through my anus.

My mother has been taking days off the protocol, as she also experienced some loose bowels. She stopped the Vitamin C, which made it better (probably a bad form of it), but you say it is the taurine? IMHE, she is more present and coherent - she still mixes details up and fabulates a tiny bit, but maybe that is not caused by the plaques or their influence.

My hypothesis is that for me it is taurine and I will test the hypothesis by variation.   Generally, could be the olive products, or magnesium, C, or one of the other ingredients. 

Thanks. Microscopic colitis is transiently debilitating but benign compared to UC. I am recovering.  A MC board touts Vitamin D treatment.  Any further on this by PM. 

#405 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:27 PM

Turnbuckle, have you thought of adding DMSO to the amino acids?

I've been reading parts of the DMSO handbook by Fischer and in the quite remarkable section on 'Developmental disorders in children' he states that 'DMSO carries amino acids in the central nervous system'. Might oral administration of DMSO improve the availability of taurine and carnosine in this protocol? I've tried a couple of days of this with modest amounts and felt pretty good, but its early days. Its tough to experiment too long with the odour, though.

Edited by ambivalent, 27 February 2019 - 01:19 PM.

• like x 1

#406 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

Turnbuckle, have you thought of adding DMSO to the amino acids?

I've been reading parts of the DMSO handbook by Fischer and in the quite remarkable section on 'Developmental disorders in children' he states that 'DMSO carries amino acids in the central nervous system'. Might oral administration of DMSO this improve the availability of taurine and carnosine in this protocol? I've tried a couple of days of this with modest amounts and felt pretty good, but its early days. Its tough to experiment too long with odour, though

Thanks for mentioning DMSO. It is a good antioxidant and has a decent half life of 9-14 hours, so it will be interesting to try as a detox agent. It hasn't been studied much re Alzheimer's (as there's no money in it), but in mice "DMSO treatment restores olfactory sensitivity." Thus is may work well with HEPPS.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#407 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

I should add, when I mentioned 'trying it' with DMSO and feeling good, I was referring to just the amino acids (not the protocol).

#408 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

Do you think the concentrations are too conservative as mentioned in the related paper, here?

https://www.scienced...969996108002830

Though only recently started, I've certainly had much higher concentrations of DMSO with water even if at pretty low doses. Also given how it permeates so easily and quickly though out the body, why such a disparity between oral and topical - where in the later 70:30 ratio (DMSO/water) is often recommended?

#409 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

Next, I have fit in stem cell protocol treatments, one a week for the last three weeks.  I should explain that for the last six years I’ve had NOT CFS, but exercise intolerance  (severe post-exercise fatigue for 24 hours) that deters me from strenuous activity.  Medical investigations yielded no diagnosis. 

I’m pretty bold but C60 was just too unknown for me to fool around with.  Thus, the cautious and limited protocol was welcome.  After the third treatment on Friday night, Saturday afternoon I started to feel frisky and went out for an hour of hard hill-trail hiking with no strain no post-exercise fatigue, and a pulse of endorphins, like a normal person, for the first time in many years.  No fatigue today, Sunday.  I started daydreaming about taking 10 mg a day of C60 - but I won’t.  Here’s hoping that ten courses of the stem-cell protocol will allow me to return fully to exercise beyond 35-minute walks. 

Would you mind telling us what the stem cell treatments cost and were they umbilical or autologous such as fat cells or bone marrow from yourself? Was that in usa and about what area? I know people who need this and have gotten quoted huge prices. I could use it myself for osteo.

#410 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Would you mind telling us what the stem cell treatments cost and were they umbilical or autologous such as fat cells or bone marrow from yourself? Was that in usa and about what area? I know people who need this and have gotten quoted huge prices. I could use it myself for osteo.

Apologies for lack of clarity, I was referring to Turnbuckle's stem cell protocol - see his profile page.  It is general, not specific to, say, knee osteo.  The Turnbuckle stem cell protocol is cheap and easy.

Elsewhere on the board, I don't recall where, someone reported going to Tijuana for a one-day bone marrow treatment for knee osteo, IIRC.  Again IIRC, another commenter was skeptical and the OP replied that it was what he could afford. 

#411 capob

• 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for mentioning DMSO. It is a good antioxidant and has a decent half life of 9-14 hours, so it will be interesting to try as a detox agent. It hasn't been studied much re Alzheimer's (as there's no money in it), but in mice "DMSO treatment restores olfactory sensitivity." Thus is may work well with HEPPS.

I'm wouldn't advise DMSO use : astrocyte apoptosis, insulin receptor binding affinity decrease, and glutathione binding (see my article https://grithin.com/dmso/ )

You might want to include a bit of alcohol, taken away from TUDCA, for glymphatic improvement (https://grithin.com/ethanol/)

Personally, the two things that were most effective for me when I lost (but subsequently recovered) my ability to visualize were:

1. TDCs , anode right front, cathode left front, 1mA, 15m

2. Pineal gland extract

• Informative x 1

#412 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

I'm wouldn't advise DMSO use : astrocyte apoptosis, insulin receptor binding affinity decrease, and glutathione binding (see my article https://grithin.com/dmso/ )

You might want to include a bit of alcohol, taken away from TUDCA, for glymphatic improvement (https://grithin.com/ethanol/)

Personally, the two things that were most effective for me when I lost (but subsequently recovered) my ability to visualize were:

1. TDCs , anode right front, cathode left front, 1mA, 15m

2. Pineal gland extract

Right. It's not good for this protocol...or for oral use in any case. Nor have I seen any value of BHT.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 02 March 2019 - 05:59 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#413 v_squared123

• 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Cool. Thanks for that. So, yay or nay? Is it something one should add to the protocol in the "throw everything at it including the kitchen sink" approach? 

Yes, i noticed this while i reviewed the amazon product page. Generally, i find amazon reviews unscientific and therefore unhelpful. A lot of folks throw 5-star reviews at things because of anything and everything. Shipping, cost, amazon rewards, amazon service, and if the product didnt give them any issues. Not exactly scientific right? But there the occassional helpful ones like you posted. 

I did, however, found some issues with the review. 

1. what kind of dementia did the family member have? AD is just type of dementia. The most common dementia but vascular dementia is very common in the eldery as well and the pathology of vascular of dementia is diffierent from AD ( if it is vascular) There are several types of dementia for those who dont know.

2. Did this individual continue to decline while receiving this product? or was this family member only indentifying for improvements? Would it be negative to say that this person could have showed no signs of improvement but also no signs of decline?

3. The directed dosage of the product two capsules and is intended for the "Healthy aging brain" Not someone who is already in a diseased state. So, it could be said, a higher dose would prove helpful. How high? Perhaps 4 capsules? or 2 capsules twice/day?

Also, these guys also claim, this variant of Cat's Claw, can also affect tau as well.

Pretty neat to be shown it can do both.  Did you find anything on its claim for affecting tau? I ask because you didn't comment on that part. Not sure if you didn't come across anything or didn't look

Also, is there any similarity between HEPPS and Homotaurine? Do you know?

I'm trying apple polyphenols, which typically contain proanthocyanidin B2, but I have no opinion yet. As for homotaurine, it has the same chemical similarity to HEPPS that taurine has (and HEPES as well, but that does the opposite of what we want).

There is a drug thats currently in trial called Alzheon or ALZ-801. A pro-drug formula of tramiprostate which is also Homotaurine. It inhibits formulations amyloid oligomers. 

Being that Homotaurine is chemical similar to HEPPS which is similar to taurine.

About ALZ-801:

https://alzheon.com/...d-oligomers-ad/

" ALZ-801, is a patented, orally administered prodrug of tramiprosate that is designed to inhibit amyloid oligomer formation, a key driver of Alzheimer’s disease. "

Clinical Data:

https://alzheon.com/underlying-clinical-data/

Mechanism of action:

https://alzheon.com/amyloid-plaques/

"the brain has an endogenous molecule, 3-SPA, that has potent anti-amyloid oligomer activity. 3-SPA is also the primary metabolite of tramiprosate, the active agent of ALZ-801, and, we found that its levels in the brain increased with administration of tramiprosate in clinical trials.  Endogenous nature of major metabolite of tramiprosate may help explain safety, excellent brain penetration & potential efficacy of ALZ-801"

Drug Discovery:

https://alzheon.com/alzheon-discovery-of-anti-oligomer-agent-in-human-brain/

ALZ-801 enhances body’s own natural way of preventing formation of amyloid oligomers "

------------------------------

Just wanted to share this. Take a look. Any relation to HEPPS or something? 

Edited by v_squared123, 05 March 2019 - 12:39 PM.

#414 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Minor Anecdote:

A couple of days ago I supplemented 15 grams of taurine and 5 grams of L-carnosine in water before bed. The following day I felt quite foggy, but when it cleared late afternoon typing speed seemed notably quicker, compared to norms (I am 47).

I plan on giving this protocol some considered attention at some point, although unfortunately at the moment HEPPS-acquisition is an obstacle. I wonder whether it would be possible to structure a from scratch treatment out of these protocols Turnbuckle has developed for say a healthy 75 year old.  

Edited by ambivalent, 14 March 2019 - 04:03 PM.

• Informative x 1

#415 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

I plan on giving this protocol some considered attention at some point, although unfortunately at the moment HEPPS-acquisition is an obstacle. 

See post 187 on reshipping HEPPS from the US. And a more recent link on reshipping, with a list of the best ones.--

How Parcel Forwarding Services Really Work

These services simply give you an address when you sign up with them. Once you have signed up with them, you can use that shipping address at Amazon, eBay, BestBuy, stores etc to ship your purchases to your new address. Depending on the level of service they provide, the forwarding company will ship these purchases to you in your home country at your designated address.

The company I noted in post 187 didn't even make the list.

The following day I felt quite foggy

This is why I recommend continuing the detox agents for several hours afterward as in post 388.  ‎Aβ is quite toxic, and will take many hours to be be washed out with the normal flow of CFS. It could take a full day, during which time it can redeposit. My sense of smell improved considerably once I began taking follow-up doses of detox agents, as might be expected as the olfactory bulb is near the CFS drain, and thus gets the maximum exposure -- every bit of junk is in it at that point.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 14 March 2019 - 04:34 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#416 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I will follow up on the shipping solution. Currently I'm short on quite a few elements of the full protocol but I will get on to ordering it soon.

So I should scratch taking the protocol before bed which will limit when I can take it, at least until there are no foggy side-effects. Still, this did appear to be useful so I will repeat again next time perhaps taking nicotinamide (which I rather dread) with curcumin and vitamin C the following morning. 

#417 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:18 AM

I will repeat again next time perhaps taking nicotinamide (which I rather dread) with curcumin and vitamin C the following morning. 

No reason to fear nicotinamide (it isn't niacin, afterall). And since these things work together, taking them at different times defeats the purpose.

• Needs references x 1

#418 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

So, based upon this study would taking Ferulic acid and/or ECGC be of use?

http://www.jbc.org/content/294/8/2714

#419 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

No reason to fear nicotinamide (it isn't niacin, afterall). And since these things work together, taking them at different times defeats the purpose.

Yes I should have said additionally the following morning C+N+Curc - at T+8, unless you think it is redundant without the intervening dose. Niacin is fine, I like it, high doses of nicotinamide though gave me massive histamine problems a couple of years ago - to the point where I coudn't take any without getting a bad reaction. I believe this was because it exacerbated an already zinc deficient condition.  

Edited by ambivalent, 15 March 2019 - 12:22 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#420 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

So, based upon this study would taking Ferulic acid and/or ECGC be of use?

http://www.jbc.org/content/294/8/2714

These aren't likely to add much over the actions of HEPPS and taurine. From the paper you cited--

Like 83% of AD patients, APP/PS1 mice
develop vascular β-amyloid deposits (cerebral
amyloid angiopathy, CAA) with age (30), so we
moved on to assess CAA pathology in our
experimental paradigm. ...
Mean numbers of CAA
deposits were significantly decreased in
APP/PS1-EGCG (18–30%) and APP/PS1-FA
(17–28%) mice, and were further reduced in
APP/PS1-EGCG/FA mice (by 38–44%) versus
APP/PS1-V mice in all three brain regions
examined...

The other aspects are removing p-tau, which participates with Aβ in producing plaques, and the long halftime of CSF clearance (along with the Aβ dissolved in it). This is some six hours, which allows redeposition if not addressed. If anything, the problem can be with a too rapid release of Aβ, and thus I added the subsequent doses of detox agents to the last protocol (post #399).

That said, I will give these a shot.

And if you live in a country where HEPPS is not available and reshipping (post #415) doesn't work for you, then you might try ferulic acid and ECGC in place of it. The combo appears to be substantially better than either alone, and both appear to have high ratings by users (for other purposes). Caffeine could be a problem with ECGC, but extracts are available without it.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users