* * * * * 6 votes

Resveratrol Side Effects, good and bad

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#301 FedAce

• Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

:blush:if i am not getting any absorption then why do i feel this good energy effect ? 1 hour after i take it,,2 chewables, i feel like i have lots of energy. and yea, GNC stuff is always very expensive. they say they make superior products so they charge more..

The energy effect is probably the other polyphenols that are in there, aside from the resveratrol. Maybe some MAO inhibition? Hard to say, but if you like the boost, they might be worth it for that alone. Most people here seem to shop at iherb.

Is Iherb a good company ?? I know Herbalife is pretty good company. and MAO inhibitors actually lower blood pressure so that is not a good thing. what is the Best resveratrol out there ?? if money is no object.

#302 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

Iherb is a good company.

Their best resveratrol product is, IMO, Life Extension's Optimised Resveratrol with Pterostilbene

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#303 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

My personal opinion on that product:

LEF's product seems to not have enough Pterostilbene to make a difference, I would suggest a much higher amount when Pterostilbene alone is available, and comes down in price.

Red Grapes? Ooooooooohh... well that is simply "marketing"

Fisetin? That one is interesting, but without in vivo studies, like those on resveratrol, we will not know how powerful it is. Since Sinclair tested thousands of sirtuin activators before arriving at the conclusion that resveratrol was the most powerful one found (in conjunction with Biomol International) it may not be as strong as resveratrol at all, and maybe simply used for marketing as well.

I would simply suggest to take advantage of regular high purity resveratrol at the lower prices for now:
http://www.imminst.o...trol-suppliers/

Cheers
A
  • like x 1

#304 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

Why are you taking a res chew, if you think res gave you joint pain?

Apparently you did not read about the release of adenosine... maybe it's me, but you sound a bit fishy.

A

release of Adenosine ?? do you even know what Adenosine is ???? Adenosine is a IV drug we use to stop the dangerous Irregular heart beat called Atrial Fibrillation.

Adenosine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine

If your body released Adenosine, you would fall dead from Heart Block.

Just because you use it as an IV drug, doesn't mean it is not released normally by tissues under stress:
http://scholar.googl...s_ylo=&as_vis=1

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 04 August 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#305 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Iherb is a good company.

Their best resveratrol product is, IMO, Life Extension's Optimised Resveratrol with Pterostilbene

I believe it is over-priced, too low a dose, and the fisetin and pterostilbene are more about marketing than functionality.

#306 FedAce

• Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

Iherb is a good company.

what is pterostilbene ?? I hope it doesn't cause cancer. anyway, does this product void of joint pain side effects ?? I hope i hope. Have you taken it ??

#307 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

Iherb is a good company.

what is pterostilbene ?? I hope it doesn't cause cancer. anyway, does this product void of joint pain side effects ?? I hope i hope. Have you taken it ??

pterostilbene is methylated resveratrol, the source is an endagered species of tree from S.E. Asia. The commercial source is India, and I hope they are testing for lead given that geographic source. It is not as well researched as resveratrol, though the putative benefits seem similar. But there is not enough in that product to do much.

It appears that the majority of reports of joint pain with resveratrol either subsequently turned out to have no relationship to resveratrol usage, or else resolved once adequate vitamin D3 was taken. Two cases were reported here where pomegranate juice with resveratrol use was associated with joint pain.

#308 joe57777

• 74 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

Makes sense. but if you take too much Vitamin D, that can be dangerous because it is a fat soluble vitamin and it will accumulate very quickly. Anti-aromatase makes sense in that it has Anti-cancer effects. We have a Prescription drug that is Aromatase inhibitor where we use to treat Cancer...

D2 (ergo-calciferol), which is added to milk, can be a problem in large doses. Not so with D3 (cholecalciferol). Acute doses of 50,000 units have been taken without ill-effect, and daily doses of 10,000 unis are not unheard of. With an obvious symptom like joint pain, it should be possible to titrate one's dose until the pain disappears, at which point you are probably in the sweet zone as far as vitamin D status goes. Still, it would be best to get your hydroxy-D25 levels tested. Your doctor can do this, or you can have a lab do it for around $30. Under 30 indicates a deficiency, 40 to 50 is probably where you want it. Over 70 would be excessive, but not immediately deleterious. Suggest you research vitamin D3 yourself if you want more information. There is a good deal of information available in the Imminst forums which you can find with the search box on this page.

I am a 53 yr old male and I am taking one capsule of 500mg of 98% resveratrol everyday. I have been taking it for about 6 weeks with 1000mg of D3 twice a day everyday. About a week ago I developed severe knee pain only in both knees. Coincidently, about a week ago I ran out of D3. Therefore, I am not sure whether to blame the pain on lack of D3 or if the 500mg per day of 98% resveratrol finally caught up to my system and is too much resveratrol to be taking everyday. Can someone advise me if they think the knee pain is related to resveratrol? Also, I have stopped taking resveratrol for about 3 days now with no D3, but I started taking Glucosimine and controitent during these 3 days. The pain is slightly less. I will continue to monitor my situation.

#309 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

joe57777 -

You stopped taking D3, and experienced pain. D3 cures pain in many resveratrol users who experience joint pain, as explained above. Why not get some more D3 (in an oil base, it's better absorbed.)

Also, you needn't post twice, in different Imminst forums.
  • dislike x 1

#310 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

Ive been too busy lately to take my Resveratrol the past 3 days. Today I noticed a derease in energy. Placebo can be a strong influence, but Im sure Resveratrol is having a positive effect in some way. I think part of it may be attributed to my advanced chronology and other parts of my regimen. Its anecdotal of course and there is some interest in Resveratrol on weight lifting boards. The originator of the prohormone industry, a brilliant chemist, has posted here regarding his own personal use of this compound and that lends credence to my own thoughts about it. After doing much research before trying it, I concluded that SIRT activation was likely not a plausible concept and not the main reason to include it in my regimen. I do, however, wish I had started taking premium Resveratrol earlier on.
  • like x 1

#311 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:20 AM

Just deleted a few posts by maxwatt, sleepless and happyhammet: maxwatt's academic background is far off-topic for this thread, as all of our posts must stand on their own merit in this discussion medium.
  • like x 1

#312 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

Just deleted a few posts by maxwatt, sleepless and happyhammet: maxwatt's academic background is far off-topic for this thread, as all of our posts must stand on their own merit in this discussion medium.

Well, you are a moderator, but I think the less posts you delete the better, particularly posts that are made by intelligent and articulate people that demonstrate a higher level of comprehension regarding Resveratrol and its implications for better health. They also post studies that are more than interesting in scope and content, even though I have to use a medical terminology resource to read them sometimes. These types of posts are what make this forum elite and unique. I understand your reasoning per se, please dont delete any "Gems" though. Thanks for a great forum!

#313 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

Of course! I would never delete posts without a good reason. But, especially in long threads like this, it's important to avoid off-topic tangents that will derail the conversation, and make it more difficult to discuss the topic at hand. :-D

Edited by chrono, 09 September 2010 - 04:20 AM.

#314 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

The firs time i tried a resveratrol product it caused severe depression in me, it was the longxvinex product, it was so bad that i felt like crying at times, i felt absolutely hopeless, after stopping the resveratrol my symptons went away, after trying it again a while later it caused the same depression in me, that was back in 2008, right now i'm taking the revgenetics micronized resveratrol version and it doesnt have this effect in me. perhaps it was the other stuff they added into it (emodin? dont remember what it was called).

Edited by maxwatt, 10 September 2010 - 11:47 PM.
avoid googleable product name

#315 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

The firs time i tried a resveratrol product it caused severe depression in me, it was the longxvinex product, it was so bad that i felt like crying at times, i felt absolutely hopeless, after stopping the resveratrol my symptons went away, after trying it again a while later it caused the same depression in me, that was back in 2008, right now i'm taking the revgenetics micronized resveratrol version and it doesnt have this effect in me. perhaps it was the other stuff they added into it (emodin? dont remember what it was called).

There have been at least three versions/formulations of their pill since 2007. They no longer have emodin, since the most recent version seems to use abut 100 mg of 98% or better, resveratrol. It also contains ferulic acid and quercetin and vitamin D in the most recent incarnation I am aware of. None of these are known to produce depression AFAIK.

It's possible quercetin affected your sensitivity to other things (it inhibits enzymes the body uses to metabolize several drugs and other naturally occuring substances). Possibly interacted with something else you were consuming, but this is speculation.

#316 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

That version didnt contain any quercetin back then if i remember correctly, it was also the only supplement i was taking at the time, but as i take res without trouble atm it probably wasnt the resveratrol anyway.

#317 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

OK, so now we're writing 2010, - have we gotten any closer to figuring out the mysterious joint pain associated with resveratrol supplementation? Maybe there are different mechanisms playing out in different people.. I wrote myself in 2007 (or was it 08?) about a sudden tendonitis episode following bumbing my resv dose. It disappeared when I stopped resv, and I have supplemented ~a gram dose since then, w/o any tendonitis. But, I have noticed my knees are in a "better shape" if I stop resv for couple days, so, as others have pointed out, I suspect resv may somehow interfere with the healing process (I eXercise like a mad mouse on too many wine bottles *hiccup*).
At this point, I'm 'cycling' resv; 3-4 days on, and 3-4 days off.
And it's interesting to me, since I do supplement fatty oils, 'antioXidants', high dose vit D, chondroitin, SAM-e, MSM, and whatnot, but resv just owerpowers 'em all. ! :-)
BTW, it doesn't matter if it's 50% or 99% or 105.89% extracts, my knees still don't like resv.
But, generally I 'feel' I have more stamina w/resveratrol.

#318 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

kenj -

Have you have your hydroxy-25 vitamin D tested? How high is "high"? Even "high dose" vitamin D may not be enough to get your blood levels into the healthy range. You want to see levels over 40.

Currently the best explanation for joint/tendon pain seems to be the anti-aromatase action of resveratrol causes thejoint pain, just as anti-aromatase medications given women cause joint pain, that is treated with vitamin D supplements. That you still experience joint pain while supplementing may mean yur blood levels are too low despite supplementing. In your position, I would have the test.

Another question is how old are you? Studies with adolescent rodents show resveratrol affects growth. I do not think it is a good idea to use resveratrol before all your bone growth plates close, about age 23 in men. Your profile pic seems to indicate you are younger than that. It may be you should not be taking resveratrol.

#319 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

Maxwatt,

Thanks for your interesting reply, I'll be looking into your suggestions.

#320 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

I haven't posted on here for a long time now, but let me give an update on my joint pain issues.

I first started having tendinitis/bursitis mainly in my shoulder (but also other joints) more than 2 years ago, coincident with taking a resveratrol product for a couple of weeks (it literally started burning the same weekend I started the product). I posted about it here extensively at the time. It never really recovered, and I still cannot work out my upper body with more than about 15-20 lbs weights, a small fraction of what I was lifting before this started, and still have frequent flareups where I cannot exercise for a week or two. I have been trying really hard over the past 6 months to strengthen the shoulder to where I can do a chinup. I am still not even close to doing even one chinup, sadly.

MRIs of the shoulder show no apparent injury.

In addition, more than a year ago, I started having lower back pain for no apparent reason. This gradually deteriorated over the past year to the point where I have significant disability. I can't put on my own socks, I can't sit for long enough to conduct a normal social life (dinners, etc.), and I am on a high dose of opiod painkillers just to be able to sleep. MRIs show no injury beyond normal degeneration.

The anti-aromatase theory: I believe I can put this to rest in my case. I have, over the past six months, experimented with an aromatase inhibitor (arimidex) at various doses to lower a somewhat high estradiol level as shown by blood tests. The AI does not make the pain worse. The pain and flareups are either independent of the AI or, if anything, are improved somewhat by the AI.

My best guess right now is that the resveratrol I took kicked off some autoimmune or runaway inflammation process attacking tendons/ligaments and possibly discs. Rheumatology testing has so far failed to throw any light on this, but it is the best guess I have.

Edited by viveutvivas, 11 September 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#321 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

I haven't posted on here for a long time now, but let me give an update on my joint pain issues.

I first started having tendinitis/bursitis mainly in my shoulder (but also other joints) more than 2 years ago, coincident with taking a resveratrol product for a couple of weeks (it literally started burning the same weekend I started the product). I posted about it here extensively at the time. It never really recovered, and I still cannot work out my upper body with more than about 15-20 lbs weights, a small fraction of what I was lifting before this started, and still have frequent flareups where I cannot exercise for a week or two. I have been trying really hard over the past 6 months to strengthen the shoulder to where I can do a chinup. I am still not even close to doing even one chinup, sadly.

In addition, more than a year ago, I started having lower back pain for no apparent reason. This gradually deteriorated over the past year to the point where I have significant disability. I can't put on my own socks, I can't sit for long enough to conduct a normal social life (dinners, etc.), and I am on a high dose of opiod painkillers just to be able to sleep. MRIs show no injury beyond normal degeneration.

The anti-aromatase theory: I believe I can put this to rest in my case. I have, over the past six months, experimented with an aromatase inhibitor (arimidex) at various doses to lower a somewhat high estradiol level as shown by blood tests. The AI does not make the pain worse. The pain and flareups are either independent of the AI or, if anything, are improved somewhat by the AI.

My best guess right now is that the resveratrol I took kicked off some autoimmune or runaway inflammation process attacking tendons/ligaments and possibly discs. Rheumatology testing has so far failed to throw any light on this, but it is the best guess I have.

I think your guess is right. Likewise,
I believe that taking high doses of resveratrol for a few months...Nov 2007-Jan.2008..kicked off an auto immune issue I've had ever since...Psoriasis which is caused by an overactive immune system.
I've suffered terribly with it for over two years, and was incredibly healthy before
I started mega dosing resveratrol. I really think you are right about it kicking off the auto immune issue. Please check with your doctor about taking cyclosporin in low doses (3.5mg/kg)...Neoral is the brand that I just started a month ago...and for the first time I feel normal and it's alleviated all symptoms. It's very effective for auto immune arthritis too.
I believe, and my derm agrees with me, that if we can keep my skin clear for an extended period of time...like a year...the cell memory of breaking out will dissipate. It's an overabundance of T8 cells that cause Psoriasis flares and those are the Tcells that have memory. But their memory can dissipate if the break-outs stop...That's the premise we are operating by. That might be applicable to your issue as well. If you don't have high blood pressure and your kidneys are good, there's not much risk involved. They monitor you monthly with blood tests, so if something looks bad, you can stop right away, unlike steroids that you have to be weaned from. Run it by your doctor...I wish I had done it
a year ago...when it was first suggested... but I was afraid. I know what you are going through...it's awful. Check into cyclosporin (Neoral)... It saved my sanity. I was in so much pain I wanted to die.

#322 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

I believe that taking high doses of resveratrol for a few months...Nov 2007-Jan.2008..kicked off an auto immune issue I've had ever since...Psoriasis which is caused by an overactive immune system.
I've suffered terribly with it for over two years, and was incredibly healthy before
I started mega dosing resveratrol. I really think you are right about it kicking off the auto immune issue. Please check with your doctor about taking cyclosporin in low doses (3.5mg/kg)...Neoral is the brand that I just started a month ago...and for the first time I feel normal and it's alleviated all symptoms. It's very effective for auto immune arthritis too.
I believe, and my derm agrees with me, that if we can keep my skin clear for an extended period of time...like a year...the cell memory of breaking out will dissipate. It's an overabundance of T8 cells that cause Psoriasis flares and those are the Tcells that have memory. But their memory can dissipate if the break-outs stop...That's the premise we are operating by. That might be applicable to your issue as well. If you don't have high blood pressure and your kidneys are good, there's not much risk involved. They monitor you monthly with blood tests, so if something looks bad, you can stop right away, unlike steroids that you have to be weaned from. Run it by your doctor...I wish I had done it
a year ago...when it was first suggested... but I was afraid. I know what you are going through...it's awful. Check into cyclosporin (Neoral)... It saved my sanity. I was in so much pain I wanted to die.

IMHO, Sounds like both of you had a preexisting condition called DDD Degenerative Disk Disease?
Res never did that, you had DDD and did not know it?
Ask your Doctor if you are allowed exercise?
or Maybe Professional Help?

Edited by bixbyte, 11 September 2010 - 05:42 PM.

• dislike x 1

#323 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

IMHO, Sounds like both of you had a preexisting condition called DDD Degenerative Disk Disease?

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. I don't have degenerative disk disease. I have Psoriasis...an over active immune system causes it....as is the case with auto immune arthritis. I've been to immunologists, allergists, dermatologists - all top well respected doctors in their field in NYC...and I am now under the care of the head of derm. at NYU. How in the world can you give such a thoughtless answer. Sounds overly defensive to me.
Accept the fact that resveratrol can be wonderful when you are actually sick with something like cancer...which was exemplified by curing my dog Minni who was given
6 months to live...remember? But when healthy people take it, it's not exactly a great idea. Even Maxwatt is starting to have symptoms of psoriasis on his elbows. This mega dosing was an experiment...and I am a casualty of it as is vivetuviva. I think we
can suspect that resevatrol in high doses somehow alters a healthy immune system and
perhaps those with hereditary inclinations towards certain auto immune diseases might have it triggered by resveratrol.

#324 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

bixbyte, I think it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Resveratrol is a serious drug; it's not harmless in all quantities to all people. You're sounding like a resveratrol cultist here, grasping for farfetched explanations that let resveratrol off the hook. How does DDD cause psoriasis, shoulder or knee pain? If "Professional Help" is implying that these long-time members of our community are "crazy", then that's offensive.

#325 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

bixbyte, I think it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Resveratrol is a serious drug; it's not harmless in all quantities to all people. You're sounding like a resveratrol cultist here, grasping for farfetched explanations that let resveratrol off the hook. How does DDD cause psoriasis, shoulder or knee pain? If "Professional Help" is implying that these long-time members of our community are "crazy", then that's offensive.

Thank you Niner. You got right to the point. I will forever be grateful for resveratrol as it saved my dogs life...no doubt about it. But she had cancer. For a healthy individual resveratrol in high doses is very dangerous. Perhaps in small doses, it's okay. I don't know. Personally, I would stay away from it in any amount unless I had cancer or some disease that it actually has been proven to help...like diabetes. I wonder if profit is influencing some opinions on this forum.

#326 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

I forgot to mention that around the same time I also started getting eczema on one of my hands for the first time in my life, which may also be relevant.

Thank you for the heads up on the cyclosporin. My doctor and specialists are very conservative - I doubt they will be willing to try something like cyclosporin without a more definite diagnosis - they would much rather keep me on the (ineffective) opiods and NSAIDs forever. :(

#327 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about. I don't have degenerative disk disease. I have Psoriasis...an over active immune system causes it....as is the case with auto immune arthritis. I've been to immunologists, allergists, dermatologists - all top well respected doctors in their field in NYC...and I am now under the care of the head of derm. at NYU. How in the world can you give such a thoughtless answer. Sounds overly defensive to me.
Accept the fact that resveratrol can be wonderful when you are actually sick with something like cancer...which was exemplified by curing my dog Minni who was given
6 months to live...remember? But when healthy people take it, it's not exactly a great idea. Even Maxwatt is starting to have symptoms of psoriasis on his elbows. This mega dosing was an experiment...and I am a casualty of it as is vivetuviva. I think we
can suspect that resevatrol in high doses somehow alters a healthy immune system and
perhaps those with hereditary inclinations towards certain auto immune diseases might have it triggered by resveratrol.

I am not being funny or insensitive.
MY brother had extreme psoriasis, my mother has mild.
My younger Brother Died of a Heart Attack and I am still here taking my RES.
I had mild psoriasis before RES and now supplementing on 1.5 grams of RES a day.
MY psoriasis is Treatable and not caused by RES.
The best treatment for psoriasis is whatever works.
I put some prescription Triamcinolone creme two or three times during a day on the one elbow and in my ears every so often and my psoriasis goes away.
BUT, everybody has different degrees of psoriasis.
RES is a supplement taken to increase longevity.
The side effects that I think RES might have is that it might enhance some lipid lowering medications.
Your Autoimmune diagnosis might be the early symptoms of aging.
I sometimes wonder if my younger brother had supplemented on RES would he be alive today.
RES and exercise appear to make a good combination and we will see who is pushing daisies first.
Since there are too many variables involved in the determination of longevity it is an impossible prediction.
BUT, you can not suggest RES for your illness or your dog's cancer cure or put words in MAX Watt's mouth.

Good Day

#328 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

I forgot to mention that around the same time I also started getting eczema on one of my hands for the first time in my life, which may also be relevant.

Thank you for the heads up on the cyclosporin. My doctor and specialists are very conservative - I doubt they will be willing to try something like cyclosporin without a more definite diagnosis - they would much rather keep me on the (ineffective) opiods and NSAIDs forever. :(

Go to another doctor. You won't regret it. It took me 2 years to find the right doctor. You need to go to doctor who is associated with a medical school
where they are current with new research. Regular doctors only know what they were taught years ago. Suggest to them that is auto immune.
See what tests can support that. Take them. I went to 3 specialists before i was diagnosed correctly.

#329 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

See this topic Resveratrol and autoimmune conditions

Resveratrol might be both good or bad for autoimmune conditions, depending on what autoimmune condition it is. Probably rheumatoid arthritis and lupus bad and myocarditis, neurological and age-related immune dysfunction good.

What is going on is not straightforward. Sufficient NAD levels to function as a substrate for SIRT1 activation appear to be important, but are not the whole story. Taking multiple dose supplements at pharmacological levels would seem to be contraindicated. When adding anything to one's regimen, one should start at a low dose, and gradually work up to a higher dose, reducing the dose or cutting back as soon as adverse effects appear.

Also, opioids appear to activate the immune system, which is why an opion receptor antagonist/blocker (like low dose Naltrexone) are helpful with several auto-immune diseases. Use of opioid pain killers might also exacerbate auto-immune conditions, though I would have to research this.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#330 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

I am not being funny or insensitive.
MY brother had extreme psoriasis, my mother has mild.
My younger Brother Died of a Heart Attack and I am still here taking my RES.
I had mild psoriasis before RES and now supplementing on 1.5 grams of RES a day.
MY psoriasis is Treatable and not caused by RES.
The best treatment for psoriasis is whatever works.
I put some prescription Triamcinolone creme two or three times during a day on the one elbow and in my ears every so often and my psoriasis goes away.
BUT, everybody has different degrees of psoriasis.
RES is a supplement taken to increase longevity.
The side effects that I think RES might have is that it might enhance some lipid lowering medications.
Your Autoimmune diagnosis might be the early symptoms of aging.
I sometimes wonder if my younger brother had supplemented on RES would he be alive today.
RES and exercise appear to make a good combination and we will see who is pushing daisies first.
Since there are too many variables involved in the determination of longevity it is an impossible prediction.
BUT, you can not suggest RES for your illness or your dog's cancer cure or put words in MAX Watt's mouth.

Good Day

You make no sense to me. I didn't think you were funny or insensitive. I thought you were defensive and rather ignorant of the facts.
First of all, it did cure my dog of cancer. Second of all I never had a thing wrong with me before taking Resveratrol, and
lastly I didn't put words in MaxWatts mouth. He told me he thinks he has psoriais on his elbows as of this past week. So back off.
Additionally you had Psoriasis before you took Res. I didn't. And you had mild psoriasis on your ears and elbow.
Mine was sudden 2 months after starting Res and it was very severe from the outset...not gradual. It covered 70 % of my body.
Res might be a supplement for longevity but that doesn't mean it can't have adverse side effects.
I really don't understand your defensive and angry posture about it. I'm happy it's working for you.
I loved it when I was taking it and wish it hadn't precipitated an auto immune disorder for me.....but it did,
as it did for viveutvivas and might for others.

It's a risk you take when taking large doses of a supplement that hasn't been studied clinically on humans for that
specific kind of use. Maybe if it was we would find that 25% of the people who try it have adverse reactions. For those 25% it's harmful.
Why would you deny that possibility? Why does it threaten you so?

BTW the best thing for psoriasis is to modify your diet to eliminate foods that cause it....cortisone cremes are not...but if you are happy with them, that's great. You must have a very mild case since anybody who has serious psoriasis knows they only work for a very short time if at all.

And as far as pushing daisies first...longevity runs in my family...my dad's 95 and still kicking it on his own. Genetics baby, that's the bottom line.
Sounds like my odds are better than yours even with you taking resveratrol.
But don't worry, I'll water your daisies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users