Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Resveratrol Side Effects, good and bad

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#331 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:06 AM

Also, opioids appear to activate the immune system, which is why an opion receptor antagonist/blocker (like low dose Naltrexone) are helpful with several auto-immune diseases. Use of opioid pain killers might also exacerbate auto-immune conditions, though I would have to research this.

I believe the mechanism of LDN is to suppress endorphin metabolism for a couple of hours only, which causes a rebound increase in endogenous endorphin metabolism during the rest of the night and day. That this helps with pain syndromes is to be expected, I think, but apparently it also strengthens parts of the immune system (for example, LDN has been used with good results for HIV infection), which also helps with various autoimmune conditions.

Why is this the case? According to LDN proponents, there is evidence that various autoimmune diseases are better understood as caused by immunodeficiencies, specifically in the immunoregulatory and supervisory components of the immune system, and that these are often ties to endorphin deficiency. Increasing and normalizing endorphin metabolism via LDN apparently upregulates some of these deficient immune components.

It would be interesting to know more about the role of SIRT genes in various components of the immune system, and how resveratrol might conceivably alter or disregulate these.

Edited by viveutvivas, 12 September 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#332 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:50 AM

FWIW, the psoriasis on my elbow predated any resveratrol use. I only recently realized what it was. t's appearance coincided ith heavy vicodin (an opiod) use for intractable back pain.

viveutvivas, have you seen this paper? It may shed some light on SIRT1 and immunity.

J Rheumatol. 2008 May;35(5):804-10. Epub 2008 Apr 1. Links
Abnormal histone modification patterns in lupus CD4+ T cells.Hu N, Qiu X, Luo Y, Yuan J, Li Y, Lei W, Zhang G, Zhou Y, Su Y, Lu Q.
Department of Dermatology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate alterations in histone modifications in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). METHODS: Global histone H3/H4 acetylation and H3K4/H3K9 methylation in CD4+ T cells from 20 SLE patients and 10 healthy control subjects were assayed using the EpiQuik global histone H3/H4 acetylation and H3K4/H3K9 methylation assay kits. mRNA levels of 12 members of 3 classes of chromatin modifier genes were measured by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction. RESULTS: Global histone H3 and H4 hypoacetylation was observed in active lupus CD4+ T cells compared with controls (p = 0.002 and p = 0.009, respectively). The degree of histone H3 acetylation correlated negatively with increased disease activity in lupus patients as measured by SLEDAI (r = -0.889, p = 0.044). We found global histone H3K9 hypomethylation in both active and inactive lupus CD4+ T cells, compared with controls (p = 0.001, p = 0.003, respectively). However, global levels of H3K4 methylation were not different between patients and controls. SIRT1 mRNA levels were significantly increased in active lupus CD4+ T cells compared with controls (p < 0.001), while mRNA levels of CREBBP, P300, HDAC2, HDAC7, SUV39H2, and EZH2 were significantly downregulated in patients with active lupus (p < 0.001, p < 0.001, p = 0.01, p < 0.001, p = 0.003, p = 0.001, respectively). CONCLUSION: Histone modifications appear abnormal in CD4+ T cells in SLE.

PMID: 18398941

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#333 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:17 AM

Also, opioids appear to activate the immune system, which is why an opion receptor antagonist/blocker (like low dose Naltrexone) are helpful with several auto-immune diseases. Use of opioid pain killers might also exacerbate auto-immune conditions, though I would have to research this.

I believe the mechanism of LDN is to suppress endorphin metabolism for a couple of hours only, which causes a rebound increase in endogenous endorphin metabolism during the rest of the night and day. That this helps with pain syndromes is to be expected, I think, but apparently it also strengthens parts of the immune system (for example, LDN has been used with good results for HIV infection), which also helps with various autoimmune conditions.

Why is this the case? According to LDN proponents, there is evidence that various autoimmune diseases are better understood as caused by immunodeficiencies, specifically in the immunoregulatory and supervisory components of the immune system, and that these are often ties to endorphin deficiency. Increasing and normalizing endorphin metabolism via LDN apparently upregulates some of these deficient immune components.

It would be interesting to know more about the role of SIRT genes in various components of the immune system, and how resveratrol might conceivably alter or disregulate these.

That would be interesting.
It also appears from a quick google that LDN is very effective for psoriasis as reported by users on quite a few psoriasis help forums. I'm going to check into it. It's also very inexpensive. The only bad news is that in every case the psoriasis came back within two weeks of stopping the medication. The odds are a bit better with cyclosporin. Although they say there are no adverse side effects, there are if your
blood pressure is high or liver is compromised...much the way cyclo is.
I haven't found any rave reviews about it helping with rheumatoid arthritis, although they claim it does. Evidently it can be used with many other meds without negative interaction. It's worth a try.

Edited by missminni, 12 September 2010 - 04:33 AM.

#334 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

That would be interesting.
It also appears from a quick google that LDN is very effective for psoriasis as reported by users on quite a few psoriasis help forums. I'm going to check into it. It's also very inexpensive. The only bad news is that in every case the psoriasis came back within two weeks of stopping the medication. The odds are a bit better with cyclosporin but the risks are greater since there are no adverse side effects for LDN. I haven't found any rave reviews about it helping with rheumatoid arthritis, although they claim it does. I did see a few that said it didn't help them. But others who used it in combination with other drugs had good results. Evidently it can be used with many other meds without negative interaction. It worth a try.

I've been told that LDN can cause anhedonia or depression as it blocks endorphin receptors. Some people deal with this by taking it before sleeping, so the nasty effect is gone before they wake.

#335 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

I've been told that LDN can cause anhedonia or depression as it blocks endorphin receptors. Some people deal with this by taking it before sleeping, so the nasty effect is gone before they wake.

I read that you have to take it between 10 pm and 2 am...that it increase endorphin production at that time. There does seem to be complaints of sleep issues and pain for MS users. The fact that it is so inexpensive makes it really attractive because cyclosporine is incredibly expensive. For psoriasis it might be more appropriate to suppress T cells than block opiate receptors. There is the question of whether or not auto immune issues are caused by overactive immune system that attacks itself or immunodeficiency, which disturbs the ability of the immune system to distinguish "self" from "non-self". In either event, the problem comes back when the drug is stopped.

#336 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

Mi

Missminni, I am happy for your dog, sorry for your condition. I wish you the best.

Glaxo used 5 grams a day.
RSV is shown to be a very effective cancer fighter against tumors that RSV can make physical, direct contact with, such as skin and gastrointestinal tumors, however RSV has not been shown to be effective in vivo, that is, against tumors with which direct contact is not possible, such as cancer of internal organs, RSV is not effective. This called for RSV to be better-formulated to increase its bioavailability (to achieve higher blood concentration level) and hence arrived SRT501. It is a reformulated form of RSV to be exact, rather than a compound extracted from RSV, to dramatically increase blood concentration. (and still daily administration of 5 grams of this thing was needed to achieve sufficient cancer-fighting serum level.)

Anyway, the much anticipated Glaxo SRT501 trial which would have supposedly put an end to the questioned efficacy of RSV in vivo, only ended up confirming that the RSV's in vivo efficacy problem is well tied up in a neat little bow: low blood concentration, no cancer fighting and high enough concentration, kidney failure.

I agree with you that out of RSV's two main attractions, longevity and anti-cancer power, longevity is pretty much done; Experiments in mouse and rat show no life extending effect. In addition, RSV is known to slow wound healing by syppressing angiogenesis (new blood vessel formation) which could be an indirect evidence that RSV retards growth/repair and may shorten life. Now the remaining cancer fighting power, some may say done others might say jury is still out there. I vote done since basically there cannot be any way-around to solve the upper mentioned 'tied up in a bow' dilema. Sure, acute renal failure is often reversible, but no one would want to take that risk, unless totally hopeless otherwise.

ETA~it appears that the above quote i was answering is no longer posted. I am assuming that was due to the fact that this hexacore person was a troll who had just joined in order to post his very biased point of view. I do not want anyone to think I am damning resveratrol...as I said before, if I didn't get psoriasis I would be on it right now.
It made me feel great. Whatever it was in my system that couldn't handle it might not be a universal problem and as I said before, may only happen in a small percent of users.
Below is my answer to the now non-existent post.
Thanks for your good wishes.
Minni's cancer was internal. It was in her lymph glands. Her biopsy and prognosis are in the thread I started when she was first diagnosed. She was given 6 mo at the most to live and I was told there was no viable treatment for it and I was encouraged to have her put down by two different vets.
It started as mammary gland cancer and when they went in to remove the tumors it was so extensive the doctor removed two mammary glands and a lymph node and said it looked really bad. The biopsy confirmed that. I immediately gave her 5+ grams of res a day...and after a few days you could visibly see an improvement in her appearance.
After a month I took her back to AMC (major animal hospital in NYC) and they could not believe how healthy she
appeared. They expected deterioration and instead found her in better health. Obviously she made a full recovery...I stopped giving it to her after about 6 months. I gave her about 5 gms daily for the first 3 months, and gradually reduced her dosage over the next three months.
It's almost 3 years now and she is almost 12 and very healthy. Maybe it works better in dogs than humans...I don't know...but there is no doubt that she was cured of cancer by it....as was my friends dog who had a huge malignant tumor on her groin that totally disappeared after a month on res. taken orally. The jury might be out, but I can tell you from experience, it works on dogs. I can't vouch for people, but I believe if taken early on in the diagnosis, instead of as a last resort, it would work. Also I thought in high doses it caused lesions on the kidneys, not renal failure... and that was what was reversible.
If I had cancer, I would take resveratrol in a heartbeat and asap. I wouldn't stay on it any longer than necessary or take it on general principle, but if diagnosed with cancer, I would immediately put myself on
two 5 gram doses a day for a month before doing any other therapy.

Edited by maxwatt, 13 September 2010 - 09:13 PM.
legibility

#337 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

The odds are a bit better with cyclosporin. Although they say there are no adverse side effects, there are if your

Have you noticed any subtle side effects at all with cyclosporin? For example, do you recover fine from exercise, and do you heal okay from small injuries (cuts, bruises, pulled muscles, etc.)? Could I ask what dose you are on?

Edited by viveutvivas, 13 September 2010 - 05:13 PM.

#338 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

The odds are a bit better with cyclosporin. Although they say there are no adverse side effects, there are if your

Have you noticed any subtle side effects at all with cyclosporin? For example, do you recover fine from exercise, and do you heal okay from small injuries (cuts, bruises, pulled muscles, etc.)? Could I ask what dose you are on?

For me the only side effect was I felt very tired, actually exhausted at first nd just wanted to sleep.
Usually I am super high energy. But people told me that it passes after a month or two. I'm on it a month now and I do feel my energy level returning.

I heal great...my skin was a mess from psoriasis and not healing at all, and honestly, I practically healed overnight. It was amazing. I have a bit of hard time mustering the energy to work out...but once I get started
I can push through. No problem with recovery that isn't normal.

The first couple of days I took it I did have the runs...but not since and I made no dietary adjustments.
I am taking 100mg every 12 hours...so the daily dose is 200mg but it is determined by weight.
I believe that is 3.25mg/kg. The doctor considered that on the low end. You want to stay below 5mg/kg...that's the danger zone.

As long as blood work stays good, we plan on lowering it in 3 months and then again in
another 3 months and then wean off it.
Although you can stop suddenly anytime without a problem, the pain will usually return within two weeks.
Going on the theory that the longer I don't break out, the better chance for the cell memory to dissipate
we decided to stay on it for about a year, reducing dose every few months.

I was thinking about your condition and wanted to mention to you that there is a form of psoriasis that is arthritis...psoriatic arthristis. It is very painful. I had it for a while this past April in my hands and couldn't believe how debilitating it was. I couldn't grasp things nor wear rings my joints were so swollen...and even though the strength came back...the joint swelling didn't subside until I took cyclo. Now I can wear my rings again.
I hope you can try cyclo. It's made such a huge difference in my life. I didn't think I could go on any longer.

It's very expensive $300 to $400 a month plus expensive blood tests every month, but there are patient assistance programs that will help you. Novartis, the company that makes Neoral, (what I take), is very helpful in that regard and will help out according to your needs. Don't get the generic...it's just as expensive and they don't have
the patient assistance programs. This is true with the blood work too..the labs are very sympathetic if you don't have coverage and will lower their prices to accommodate your ability to pay, so don't be deterred by the expense.
Keep us posted...I'm so glad you are considering it.

'

Edited by maxwatt, 13 September 2010 - 09:12 PM.

#339 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

For a healthy individual resveratrol in high doses is very dangerous.

Sorry, but you are going to have to provide sources for this statement.

#340 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Second of all I never had a thing wrong with me before taking Resveratrol, and
lastly I didn't put words in MaxWatts mouth. He told me he thinks he has psoriais on his elbows as of this past week. So back off.
Additionally you had Psoriasis before you took Res. I didn't. And you had mild psoriasis on your ears and elbow.
Mine was sudden 2 months after starting Res and it was very severe from the outset...not gradual. It covered 70 % of my body.

I have been following your posts for a long time, and if I recall correctly ...you weren't -only- taking Resveratrol.

How can you attribute a psoriasis breakout to the supplement a full 2 months after starting to take it? This doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever as there are numerous things that can cause psoriasis. What made you think resveratrol was the smoking gun? At this point, unless I obtain more information from you, this seems like pure speculation at this point.

PS: Please respond in a normal font, I have an extreme hard time reading the font you choose to post in.

#341 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:27 AM

For a healthy individual resveratrol in high doses is very dangerous.

Sorry, but you are going to have to provide sources for this statement.

There are none. I am speaking from experience. It's only my opinion.
I have absolutely nothing scientific to back it up.

#342 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

Second of all I never had a thing wrong with me before taking Resveratrol, and
lastly I didn't put words in MaxWatts mouth. He told me he thinks he has psoriais on his elbows as of this past week. So back off.
Additionally you had Psoriasis before you took Res. I didn't. And you had mild psoriasis on your ears and elbow.
Mine was sudden 2 months after starting Res and it was very severe from the outset...not gradual. It covered 70 % of my body.

I have been following your posts for a long time, and if I recall correctly ...you weren't -only- taking Resveratrol.

How can you attribute a psoriasis breakout to the supplement a full 2 months after starting to take it? This doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever as there are numerous things that can cause psoriasis. What made you think resveratrol was the smoking gun? At this point, unless I obtain more information from you, this seems like pure speculation at this point.

PS: Please respond in a normal font, I have an extreme hard time reading the font you choose to post in.

okay.
Prior to res I took pregnenolone on and off for 7 years...about 100mg.
I was taking a few other supplements as well. I can't remember which ones...probably coQ10 and L-carnitine
When I started res, I stopped pregnenolone the next day.. Actually I think I stopped most of my other supps too.

As for attributing my psoriasis breakout to res, of course it's all speculation. I have my theory about it
but basically I think it was a confluence of events and resveratrol was the catalyst.

If enough people have a similar experience, maybe we can take a survey and see if it's really an issue.

#343 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

If enough people have a similar experience, maybe we can take a survey and see if it's really an issue.

Yeah for sure, I think that is how we got on top of the joint pain issue with some people. Despite what some people think, ancedotal evidence does have value, especially when it generates quite a bit of smoke pointing to a fire.

#344 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Missminni, just out of curiosity, did your doctor ever consider putting you on Etanercept (Enbrel)? The side effect profile seems a little better than Ciclosporine's. I'm just curious as to why he chose Ciclosporine.

#345 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

Missminni, just out of curiosity, did your doctor ever consider putting you on Etanercept (Enbrel)? The side effect profile seems a little better than Ciclosporine's. I'm just curious as to why he chose Ciclosporine.

He never mentioned Enbrel. Maybe it's because Enbrel is a drug which is classified as a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker.
Cyclosporine directly suppresses T cell production which is the issue for Psoriasis. Overproduction of T cells.
Also Neoral, which is a modified version of cyclo, is specifically used for Psoriasis.
I read the side effects and they seemed similar.
Although the side effects seem dire, they rarely manifest in low doses.
The exhaustion side effect is formidable however. From what I read, Enbrel has it as well. I'm still dealing with it, but I have been told by others
who take it that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for that to pass and then your energy level returns.
Go to a few RA forums and see what the people are saying about Enbrel. That's usually the best way to get an idea of what
works best with the least problems.

#346 daniel_williams

• 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

A recent study shows resveratrol significantly enhances replication of hepatitis C virus.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20066737

You don't have a Pubmed account? Read it here.
http://www.wjgnet.co...9327/16/184.pdf

And Ms. Missminni, interestingly, Psoriasis is linked to Hepatitis C.
http://content.karge....asp?Doi=286131

Attached Files

Edited by daniel_williams, 18 September 2010 - 10:05 AM.

#347 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:07 PM

Interesting papers. The first not only found enhanced in vitro hepatitis C virus (HCV) replication, they found vitamin E did too.

The second found by multivariate analysis an association between hepatitis C and psoriasis, but not a causal link.

World J Gastroenterol. 2010 Jan 14;16(2):184-92.
An antioxidant resveratrol significantly enhanced replication of hepatitis C virus.

Nakamura M, Saito H, Ikeda M, Hokari R, Kato N, Hibi T, Miura S.

Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 1608582, Japan.

Comment in:

* World J Gastroenterol. 2010 Apr 21;16(15):1937-8.

Abstract

AIM: To elucidate the effect of antioxidants, resveratrol (RVT) and astaxanthin (AXN), on hepatitis C virus (HCV) replication.

METHODS: We investigated the effect of recent popular antioxidant supplements on replication of the HCV replicon system OR6. RVT is a strong antioxidant and a kind of polyphenol that inhibits replication of various viruses. AXN is also a strong antioxidant. The replication of HCV RNA was assessed by the luciferase reporter assay. An additive effect of antioxidants on antiviral effects of interferon (IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) was investigated.

RESULTS: This is the first report to investigate the effect of RVT and AXN on HCV replication. In contrast to other reported viruses, RVT significantly enhanced HCV RNA replication. Vitamin E also enhanced HCV RNA replication as reported previously, although AXN did not affect replication. IFN and RBV significantly reduced HCV RNA replication, but these effects were dose-dependently hampered and attenuated by the addition of RVT. AXN did not affect antiviral effects of IFN or RBV.

CONCLUSION: These results suggested that RVT is not suitable as an antioxidant therapy for chronic hepatitis C.

PMID: 20066737

Edited by maxwatt, 18 September 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#348 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

A recent study shows resveratrol significantly enhances replication of hepatitis C virus.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20066737

You don't have a Pubmed account? Read it here.
http://www.wjgnet.co...9327/16/184.pdf

And Ms. Missminni, interestingly, Psoriasis is linked to Hepatitis C.
http://content.karge....asp?Doi=286131

I have a feeling you're the same person who thinks I am being hoodwinked by resveratrol supporters.
If so, your tenacity is impressive.
This is really interesting information. I don't have Hepatitis C or any form of it, however I do suspect
there was a connection between the onset of psoriasis and my MEGA dosing resveratrol, MEGA
being the operative word. My mom always said "everything in moderation", Unfortunately I didn't
listen.
As I said earlier, I hypothesize it was a confluence of events with my over-dosing resveratrol being the catalyst.
Also, since resveratrol supposedly boosts the immune system, and psoriasis is due to an overactive
immune system, perhaps there is a connection there as well. It's really a cautionary tale. Too much of a good
thing is often bad.
Thanks for the information. Mr. Williams.

#349 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

So both Vitamin E and Res may not be suitable for chronic Hep C.

How about HIV?

RVT (Resveratrol) is a non-flavonoid polyphenol and exerts
anti-oxidative, anti-neoplastic and anti-inflammatory
properties[11]. Moreover, RVT has received much
attention as an agent for prolongation of lifespan by
activating silent information regulator 2 proteins, or
sirtuins[25], which are implicated in influencing aging
and regulating transcription, apoptosis and stress
resistance[29]. These are causes for the popularity of this
supplementation. Therapeutic intervention in liver injury
with RVT has been suggested in various liver diseases[30],
such as alcohol-induced liver disease[31], drug-induced
liver injury[32], ischemia-reperfusion injury[33], and fatty
liver diseases[11,34]. Furthermore, RVT has been implicated
to be favorable for prevention of hepatic fibrosis[35,36].
These observations in combination with anti-viral effects
indicated that RVT might be therapeutically beneficial
or suitable for chronic hepatitis C. However, the direct
effect of RVT on HCV RNA replication has not been
studied thus far. In spite of our expectation, RVT didnot
inhibit replication of HCV, and on the contrary, it
enhanced replication. Moreover, RVT hampered the antiviral
effect of IFN or RBV, and HCV RNA replication
was enhanced even when enough concentration of
IFN or RBV was administered to OR6 cells to reduce
HCV replication. This condition was quite different
from that observed in HIV-1 replication, in which the
effect of RVT was synergistic with anti-viral effect of
nucleotide analogues.

Biology is complex, luckily most people I know do not have Hep C, and can take resveratrol without a problem.

Thanks Max!

A

#350 FedAce

• Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

I just want to add here that my Reported side effect of tendonitis was FALSE. i think my joint pain was from lifting weights. i have been taking RES for 3 month now without any working out or lifting weights and NO joint pain so...what can i say ??? I have more energy now but my face doesnt'' seem like it is looking Younger ??????????

#351 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

I had a similar situation when I started Resveratrol. I was using 2 different brands, once I stopped using one of them the joint pain dissipated. I couldnt attribute it to Resveratrol though. As far as looking younger, I would give it time, and exercise. Perhaps you could consider switching to the most popular, pure, micronized, pre-emulsified capsule, its worth the extra money IMO. Throw in some Tocotrienols and RLA (Mito-gold) should really do the trick for facial skin. If you're experiencing benefits with the lower grade Resveratrol, just think what the premium brand will do.
  • like x 1

#352 FedAce

• 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

I had a similar situation when I started Resveratrol. I was using 2 different brands, once I stopped using one of them the joint pain dissipated. I couldnt attribute it to Resveratrol though. As far as looking younger, I would give it time, and exercise. Perhaps you could consider switching to the most popular, pure, micronized, pre-emulsified capsule, its worth the extra money IMO. Throw in some Tocotrienols and RLA (Mito-gold) should really do the trick for facial skin. If you're experiencing benefits with the lower grade Resveratrol, just think what the premium brand will do.

WOW,, thank you so much,, you are the best. Can you tell me Where i can buy these great products that you mention ?? Once again thank you ..:wub:

#353 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

Dude, youve been around here long enough to know where you can find the best. Have you not? You really shouldnt buy the best and forget the rest, should you not?

#354 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

You could try mixing a little resveratrol powder into you favorite face cream; a couple of ladies I know say it reduces fine facial wrinkles. Try it someplace not obvious first in case of allergic reaction. But another woman I know used this on one half of her face, and said she could not see a difference. But I don't think she gave it more than two or three weeks.
  • like x 1

#355 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

You could try mixing a little resveratrol powder into you favorite face cream; a couple of ladies I know say it reduces fine facial wrinkles. Try it someplace not obvious first in case of allergic reaction. But another woman I know used this on one half of her face, and said she could not see a difference. But I don't think she gave it more than two or three weeks.

I've heard some talk of topical resveratrol being useful. It doesn't seem to be generating a terrific amount of buzz in the skin care world, FWIW. I'm strongly in favor of doing a split face experiment with any topical you try. It's the perfect opportunity for a meaningful test. I've done this with Juvess and was convinced of its efficacy (for me, anyway) by the test. I'm currently trialing a low concentration retinaldehyde. Effects are real but subtle; I will probably move to either a higher concentration of retinaldehyde or to retinoic acid next.

I would not expect any effect on signs of aging in the face from oral resveratrol, assuming nothing else changes. If the resveratrol is accompanied with weight loss, uptick in exercise level, dietary change or whatnot, you may see effects, and they might be secondarily related to resveratrol use. If one is interested in oral substances that have a positive effect on skin, there is evidence in favor of BioSil (presumably extends to JarrowSil) and for Lutein.

#356 farang

• 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

I have psoriasis - had for the last ten years. Resveratrol has neither made it better or worse. But it has reduced my weight and possibly improved my well-being in the sense that I feel better - weight wise, and also more alert (taken with curcumin).

Thus, I will continue taking it.
  • like x 1

#357 FedAce

• 109 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:49 PM

Please HELP. this GNC Resveratrol with Quercitin is causing Massive amoung of GAS. and some explosive Diarrhea.......What should i do ???????????
  • dislike x 1

#358 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

Please HELP. this GNC Resveratrol with Quercitin is causing Massive amoung of GAS. and some explosive Diarrhea.......What should i do ???????????

Uh...stop taking it?
  • like x 1

#359 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:18 AM

Uh...stop taking it?

Agreed. In the meanwhile, stay away from open flames. If you want to keep taking resveratrol, you might need to get a high-purity version. The GNC product is probably a 50% extract, and those are known to behave this way.
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#360 FedAce

• 109 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

Uh...stop taking it?

Agreed. In the meanwhile, stay away from open flames. If you want to keep taking resveratrol, you might need to get a high-purity version. The GNC product is probably a 50% extract, and those are known to behave this way.

so you are saying puerer version won't cause any gas at all ?? as i was writing this sentense, i released gas 5 X already........

Edited by FedAce, 29 September 2010 - 02:48 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users