Pancreatic Cancer

cancer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

My aunt just discovered she has a tumor, but they haven't tested whether it is benign or what type of cancer, as she just had the news today. She was getting symptoms since November but the doctors just said it was constipation causing the pains without really looking at anything in detail or the underlying cause. Her history of smoking (quite 15 years ago but used to smoke all her life until she was about 52), and her bad diet which is mainly processed meat, refined carbs and you know the rest. Typical western diet. I'm guessing the odds are that it is really bad news.

Well, now I wish that he fears were correct and it was colon cancer or something instead, because from what I've researched over the years, this cancer is pretty much a death sentence and there isn't a lot that can be done.

I've only come across a few things so far;

AHCC and/or beta glucans
Curcumin (in clinical trials but not finished until 2014)
Alpha lipoic acid?
Ketogenic diet

Even with all the supplements I still fear that it's probably more than likely going to be a losing battle. Plus I don't know even if she would take supplements or do anything outside what the doctors say. If I had this I'd throw everything I could at it and prepare with Cryonics for the worst.

I know the survival is awful for this cancer. Does she have any chance, really? ;/ I'm not usually this fatalistic but would supplements do any good here. ?

Edited by Matt, 09 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#2 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Including garlic, leeks, onion, kale, broccoli and brussel sprouts in the diet won't hurt.

http://nutritionfact...gies-vs-cancer/
http://nutritionfact...ncer-vegetable/

http://missclasses.c.../Mindblower.pdf

I'd go heavy on the garlic myself, if I were in that situation.

Edited by scottknl, 09 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

A nutritious diet very low in carbs might help (a diet that includes what was listed here already), because aggressive cancers thrive on glucose.

Also, don't quote me here, but I thought a few members in the past had said they would take an IV of vitamin C if they ever had cancer. Not sure the reasoning behind it.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Here is something related to the ketogenic idea - fasting. Since your aunt has been on the typical calorie rich western diet for a long time, perhaps an extreme change like a ketogenic diet or fasting could help.

#5 Jay

• 406 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Low dose naltrexone + ALA

#6 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

I agree with all of the above, but would add ubiquinol 200 mg twice a day. The best would probably be Liposomal Ubiquinol, pricey but worth the cost.

#7 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Pancreatin has been used for pancreatic cancer. Nature's Plus is a good brand. You can buy it from Vitacost.com. Start out with one pill on an empty stomach. Wait half an hour until eating. Increase to two pills if this doesn't cause irritation in the digestive tract. She can try to take this every four hours throughout the day if she can tolerate this.

I would also recommend Green Magma. Taking Fresh aloe vera juice on an empty stomach is not a bad idea. Avoid the peels and the area around the peels. This should also be on an empty stomach although you might be able to take it along with the Green Magma or maybe the pancreatin. Hot plain green tea is a good idea.

Chinese medicine is a good idea. Before she does anything that the doctors say, ask what the success rates are. If they say it will make her live longer, ask how long. Be skeptical, ask questions.

#8 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Take a look at www.thedcasite.com

#9 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for the help so far. I'll see her on thursday and pass on this information and advice :)

#10 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Pancreatin has been used for pancreatic cancer. Nature's Plus is a good brand. You can buy it from Vitacost.com. Start out with one pill on an empty stomach. Wait half an hour until eating. Increase to two pills if this doesn't cause irritation in the digestive tract. She can try to take this every four hours throughout the day if she can tolerate this.

I would also recommend Green Magma. Taking Fresh aloe vera juice on an empty stomach is not a bad idea. Avoid the peels and the area around the peels. This should also be on an empty stomach although you might be able to take it along with the Green Magma or maybe the pancreatin. Hot plain green tea is a good idea.

Chinese medicine is a good idea. Before she does anything that the doctors say, ask what the success rates are. If they say it will make her live longer, ask how long. Be skeptical, ask questions.

Are you saying pancreatin is used to treat the cancer itself? I thought patients only used it to supply pancreatic enzymes because their panaceas no longer produces enough.

#11 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

Yes it has been used to treat the problem. A guy who had a radio show about vitamins used to it treat his mother who had this diagnosis and she survived. It can help dissolve some things that should not be in your body including this but you have to be careful.

#12 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I was giving her various supplements to try out and she had been feeling better than the previous 4-5 months before I got her on the supplements. So they seemed to be doing something. They were based on fairly good science and clinical data. She had lots more energy, ate better, no pain at all (I got her off morphine). She saw a consultant in the Hospital and he told her to stop taking all the supplements. Within a few days of stopping the supplements she was back on morphine, she couldn't eat and had no energy. She now has 8 weeks to live apparently. Her family won't listen to me and she won't listen. It's only me, my father, and my other aunt who wants to help her. The rest have given up hope and are just waiting for her death. At least I tried :(

Edited by Matt, 05 May 2012 - 05:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users