Longecity Take Action: Contribution Opportunities - Volunteer - Projects - Teams - Careers - Students - Tasks - Research - Activism - Advocacy
Look through the list of ways to contribute below and pick something that interests you.
If you would like assistance finding something to do that fits your schedule, aptitude and interest then choose one or more items in the Longecity Take Action Poll and the Teams Coordinator will contact you to go over options.
Action Section. Full list of current action items:
Have you got half a minute?
- Add a link to an interesting website.
- Add a video on a relevant topic.
- Share a picture or a photograph.
- "Like" topics from the Imminst/Longecity Facebook page.
- Vote reputation on posts of high or low quality.
- Suggest a speaker for the Longecity Now broadcast.
- Recruit more support using this personalized referral code.
- Point out a media appearance that the cause has made at this topic. The larger the list, the more helpful in persuading people to consider this cause.
- Add a life extension researcher for us to consider editing into this list.
- Buy the community designed Longecity multi-vitamin for yourself or others.
- Introduce yourself to help keep the crucial community unity and interaction growing.
- Make a donation. Some past things we have funded include a book, documentary, conferences, research and advertisements for the cause.
- Become a Member. Our Members are part of an elite group called the Immortality Institute, which runs Longecity. Here is a Lifetime Member testimonial. Member benefits are listed here.
Do you have a little more time to spare for the cause?
- Post a comment with a little bit of extra work, using references.
- Edit one of our archived broadcasts.
- Edit our entry at Wikipedia.
- Post an article to your blog (at LongeCity or syndicated here).
- Review a couple of recent posts in the ideas forum if there is anything that appeals to you or that you would help with.
- Post your ideas about the cause. If you have a solid idea that you believe in and are willing to see through then you can even apply for project funding.
- Write a letter to an expert asking him/her to answer a post in the forum.
- Familiarize yourself with and book mark this guide to getting through to the fence sitters, the skeptics, the uninformed and the pro aging trancists.
- Familiarize yourself with other main indefinite life extension related organizations.
- Suggest another good sponsor.
- Buy books about the cause.
- Give your suggestions and insight.
- Design promotional Longecity merchandise for yourself or to give to people.
- Contribute to important topics that you like. Look through the forum. If you have something to say, then not saying it could hurt the cause.
- Read the Longecity newsletter and sign up to receive it.
Do you want to volunteer with a Project or Team?
Projects and Teams Section
- Volunteer with Longecity Art.
- Volunteer with Longecity Internet Networking.
- Volunteer with Longecity Outreach.
- Volunteer with Longecity Editors.
- Volunteer with Longecity Engineering.
- Apply for a Team Leader role.
- Form or join a chapter or have your current indefinite life extension related chapter listed here.
- Help Longecity raise money for the cause.
- Apply to join Marketing and Outreach.
Do you want to dedicate a lifetime to the cause?
- Look through the careers section.
- You can sign up for Cryonics. Cryonics is like a lifetime dedication, and technically the first experimental indefinite life extension therapy that you can take.
Do you want to get involved with Longecity management?
Do you want to get involved with the Longecity Science Initiative?
- Sign on as a contributor.
- Apply to be an Advisor.
- Write Longecity a science paper with the potential for $100.
- If you have science background then help us continue to explore these key topics.
- Students working with unlimited lifespan related projects can apply for grants and get involved through the SENS Foundation Academic Initiative.
You can Volunteer with affiliate organizations.
Longecity Volunteers are eligible to receive points which can be redeemed in the Longecity points store.
Why does volunteering make a difference? Read here: volunteering makes a difference.
Edited by brokenportal, 03 March 2012 - 06:39 AM.