NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2941 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

I wouldn't mix any SSRI with NSI-189 because of the risk of serotonin syndrome. Nobody knows if it's safe.

#2942 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

I wouldn't mix any SSRI with NSI-189 because of the risk of serotonin syndrome. Nobody knows if it's safe.

Wise advice to stay on safe side.

I have however mixed nsi with venlafaxine, selegiline, tianeptine, moclobemide, trazodone as well as heaps of supplements and other substances like kratom, kava, racetams, phenibut and much more...no ill effects. I do believe it compliments most things I've taken really well especially the more anti anxiety substances I've taken as they counteract the palpitations nsi causes for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2943 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

Wise advice to stay on safe side.

I have however mixed nsi with venlafaxine, selegiline, tianeptine, moclobemide, trazodone as well as heaps of supplements and other substances like kratom, kava, racetams, phenibut and much more...no ill effects. I do believe it compliments most things I've taken really well especially the more anti anxiety substances I've taken as they counteract the palpitations nsi causes for me.

The same experience here, I feel NSI-189 has a "peculiar" targeted effect in giving a positive spin in my ideas and at least in a psychological sense I do not get a weird negative interaction with a number of substances I have tried over the last past months.

As you say that vortioxetine does not do much for you after a months use, if you not get any withdrawal I would stop it and try NSI-189.

#2944 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

I have noticed that with NSI-189 it has caused me to develop dyslexia type symptoms. After using it I find it a lot harder to read and write out words without putting the wrong word, for example "felt" instead of "left" or "work" instead of "word" and my reading of words is a lot harder to the point where I cannot read all of it properly which has caused me to stop taking NSI-189 but the effects are still persistent. I had to spell check everything on here and everything else I write so many times now. :/ maybe it's just me though. 

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2945 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

It's not just you this happens to me too.i could barely read my labs In research..I'm sure nsi has gaba nmda properties because when I take cats claw with it the dyslexic like effects are ameliorated. Cats claw is a nmda antagonist.
  • unsure x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2946 Jochen

• 157 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

so what is your take on Zembrin in combination with NSI-189. Allthough not categorised (to my understanding) as an SSRI, it does have similar properties.

#2947 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

Previous day I used a blue micro scoop NSi about 12 hours seperate from Vortioxetine 5mg dose. Seemed to be okay in terms of no interaction but the micro scoop might be super tiny dose, not sure how to measure yet or how much the blue scoop is. It's from powdercity. I get more microscoops w known ranges in a week or so.   My dreams seemed a bit different after the NSI, difficult to describe but perhaps less negative. 

Dropped Vort to 4mg last night. 

It may be hard to appreciate any potential vort benefits due to on-going suspected hypoglycemia clouding me. I have no idea how to control it either as it may be highly related to low testosterone and low cortisol.  hands so cold, chills, body entirely cold much of the time. lot of hunger sensations. cognitive problems. difficult to absorb information much of the time. slow and dull thought process. a lot of the time negativity, irritability and dislike of others. Sometimes alleviated around 4-6am where I feel more fondness for people.      This is especially true if I use some gabapentin auro (brand matters) which remarkably makes me feel better for several hours, kinder and more positive. but then I pay for it later with some harsh hangover effects despite low 100mg dosing. Long term benzo withdrawl may be an issue too as I am down to Valium 1.2mg a day. few years ago it was 2.5mg.

Not sure if i will take any nsi today but likely give it bit time, few days maybe. I took 1.25mg Oxycodone to take edge off today (I normally nevertake painkillers). Just tired of feeling so miserable so I felt why not. Calmer (less engaged) but less anx, less withdrawn.  I'd love to take gabapentin consistently but it makes my poor long term amnesia like memory even worse, and the hangover effects and anxiety which comes 20+ hours later is not welcome, it feels like it builds and builds if i keep taking it which is a shame became gabapentin auro is astonishingly incredible for boosting my mood and ridding some anhedonia and allowing me to appreciate life to some degree in the short term.  Gabapentin also has blood sugar raising effects so this may be related!        

Edited by AlexCanada, 25 April 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#2948 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

I recommend everyone to start taking NSI with an nmda antagonist such as cats claw or memantine to counteract the assumed nmda agonist effects of NSI.. It has really worked well for me. Ameliorates all anxiety.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#2949 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

I recommend everyone to start taking NSI with an nmda antagonist such as cats claw or memantine to counteract the assumed nmda agonist effects of NSI.. It has really worked well for me. Ameliorates all anxiety.

I've thought about using memantine, but worried that they may cancel each other out, that perhaps it would reduce the effects or positives of the NSI,  Of course I could be entirely wrong.

#2950 YosefANaumovich

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

I am currently on Vortioxetine 5mg which isn't doing a whole lot for me. Likely due to not doing enough for dopamine and norepinephrine. It feels a lot like an SSRI to me. I been on it for 30 days. Noticed I am bit less prone to aggression and negativity but cognitively very dull, fogginess is worse. Dull bland apathetic and unmotivated mood overall. 

Would it be safe to add a low dose of NSI to this?  What dose should I start at? 

I WANT SOMETHING THAT GROWS HIPPOCAMPUS BUT DOESNT AFFECT NEUROTRANSMITTERS.

Don't get your hopes up for such a drug since it would literally be impossible. Any growth of the Hippocampus will necessarily result in neurotransmitter changes, long-term or short-term.

#2951 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

I am currently on Vortioxetine 5mg which isn't doing a whole lot for me. Likely due to not doing enough for dopamine and norepinephrine. It feels a lot like an SSRI to me. I been on it for 30 days. Noticed I am bit less prone to aggression and negativity but cognitively very dull, fogginess is worse. Dull bland apathetic and unmotivated mood overall. 

Would it be safe to add a low dose of NSI to this?  What dose should I start at? 

I WANT SOMETHING THAT GROWS HIPPOCAMPUS BUT DOESNT AFFECT NEUROTRANSMITTERS.

Don't get your hopes up for such a drug since it would literally be impossible. Any growth of the Hippocampus will necessarily result in neurotransmitter changes, long-term or short-term.

Yes, although it might affect neurotransmitters less than an SNRI. 

There is no such thing as "safe" when it comes to these experimental drugs. No one's really sure if NSI-189 is "safe" by itself, as it's been clinically used and studied in less than 100 people. It'd be more accurate to say "less safe" or "more safe". Adding anything to NSI-189 likely increases the chances of side-effects and interactions, making it less safe, but don't expect anyone on Longecity or even at Neuralstem to be able to really answer your question about Vortioxetine until large clinical trials are done. 

Just because someone on here once took 5mg of Vortioxetine and NSI-189 and nothing bad happened (that they know of), does not make the combination safe. If anything, it makes it very very marginally more likely to be safe.

Edited by jefferson, 26 April 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#2952 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Do you still get all the positive results of NSI-189 with the cats claw added?

Anyone experienced eyelid twitch while taking NSI-189. I read the eyelid twitches can be a sign of anxiety (that I am currently going through) but the days I am on NSI-189 they stop. I do not think so, but I was wondering if its a weird withdrawal side-effect? I never had it in the past, although I believe the connection is that NSI-189 helps with the anxiety and this is why the eyelid twitching disappears. 

Edited by Strangelove, 26 April 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#2953 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

Yes it's phenomenal. Night and day.

#2954 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Yes it's phenomenal. Night and day.

What brand and dose you are using?

Have you thought that the mechanism of action might be different? Cat's claw has antimicrobial and anti inflammatory effects that both can be the cause of anxiety... Just asking, I trust your judgment and experience with it, but I want to rule out any other possible modes of action.

#2955 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

A Kind reminder to always take any animal study where n=1 with a heft grain of salt.

Reproducibility is key.

As well, with various compositions and actives it is interesting to try to derive what is at hand here, if anything at all.

Isolations of some nature may best be warranted.

Still, of worthwhile interest, and thanks for the input.

Lastly, is there some documented significant agonist efficacy of NSI-189 on NMDA or any related glutamatergic targets?

#2956 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

Lastly, is there some documented significant agonist efficacy of NSI-189 on NMDA or any related glutamatergic targets?

I couldn't find anything on that and would be very interested, too.

I just starting taking Tianeptine and felt some similarities to NSI, which I've taken for some time before that (about 2-3 months).

Tianeptine is not the same, but there are similarities, so I suspected some glutamergic activity in NSI, too. 

Doesn't have to be NMDA, but could also be AMPA.

From what I've read therapeutic combinations of tianeptine and serotonergic antidepressants have few negative interactions.

If this is also the case for NSI, than maybe this is another hint for glutamergic activity.

To the people who tried it: Did mixing SSRIs/SNRIs with NSI also yield better results in reduction of Depression/Anxiety?

This would actually make sense, as serotonergic neurons in the raphe nuclei co-release glutamate aiming for post-synaptic AMPAR.

#2957 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:18 AM

A Kind reminder to always take any animal study where n=1 with a heft grain of salt.

Reproducibility is key.

As well, with various compositions and actives it is interesting to try to derive what is at hand here, if anything at all.

There is absolutely nothing published on NSI-189's method of action. Anyone who is suggesting it is an NMDA agonist is just making amateurish speculation.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2958 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Where are you all getting your NSI 189 from?  I just ran out and I think I am sleeping a little worse for the deficit.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2959 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:21 AM

Reproducibility is key.

There is absolutely nothing published on NSI-189's method of action. Anyone who is suggesting it is an NMDA agonist is just making amateurish speculation.

I've taken enough nmda antagonists and agonists to know that nsi is a nmda agonist. Take it for what you want. I've taken ALOT of different nootropics. And for everyone I've mentally assigned the feeling they've given me based off the corresponding published methods of action and binding affinities. Subsequently, now when I take something that has an unknow binding profile or method of action I'm pretty good at ascertaining the origin of its effects.

Back in the 60s and 70s, Alexander Shulgin did the same exact thing with all the different drugs he synthesized. Do you think he's an amateur?
  • Good Point x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#2960 YosefANaumovich

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:34 AM

Although this may not amount to much, the people who've described schizophrenia-related symptoms (i.e. emotional bluntness, anhedonia, etc.) have mentioned that this drug has considerably and positively effected their condition (within this thread).

And since the new theory about schizophrenia says that it is caused primarily by underactivity of NMDA, that this drug should be useful in treating schizophrenia-related negative symptoms only supports it being an NMDA agonist.

Of course, the positive effect on negative symptoms of schizophrenia may also be accounted for by serotonergic effects (SSRIs somewhat improve negative symptoms of schizophrenia) and other things.

But if it works? It works.

#2961 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

Where are you all getting your NSI 189 from?  I just ran out and I think I am sleeping a little worse for the deficit.

I am selling from a large amount I bought in the past, for details check the previous page, post #2930.

I am out of town right now, I have an expensive large lab scale that I could not take with me, and at this time I only have 1gram amounts, if interested.

#2962 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

Reproducibility is key.

I've taken enough nmda antagonists and agonists to know that nsi is a nmda agonist. Take it for what you want. I've taken ALOT of different nootropics. And for everyone I've mentally assigned the feeling they've given me based off the corresponding published methods of action and binding affinities. Subsequently, now when I take something that has an unknow binding profile or method of action I'm pretty good at ascertaining the origin of its effects.

Back in the 60s and 70s, Alexander Shulgin did the same exact thing with all the different drugs he synthesized. Do you think he's an amateur?

This is brilliant deductive reasoning. Why don't you contact the NIH and tell them you've pioneered a novel way to determine the pharmacological activity of nootropics. I'm sure the guy who wants to avoid serotonin syndrome with NSI-189 will be reassured when you tell him it's primarily an nmda agonist because you tasted it.

• Unfriendly x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2963 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Reproducibility is key.

This is brilliant deductive reasoning. Why don't you contact the NIH and tell them you've pioneered a novel way to determine the pharmacological activity of nootropics. I'm sure the guy who wants to avoid serotonin syndrome with NSI-189 will be reassured when you tell him it's primarily an nmda agonist because you tasted it.

Are you speaking from experience? I'm sure the NIH would love to here about your paraesthesia incident ;)

I still stand by my statement that NSI is a NMDA agonist..you all may think your clever as Faust but when it comes down to it were all taking a drug that has almost no published information. I personally think it would be unnatural to not try to determine how it works on the body before the data is published. Till then..cheers.
  • Good Point x 1

#2964 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

Green tea seems to be quiet good to calm down/energize - isn't teanine/tea also an NMDA antagonist?

Any other pro-tips? :)

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#2965 striker_321

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

So is combining 20mg nsi-189 with 3x 12.5mg tianeptine a day a bad idea? Tianeptine has been very helpful, and I don't want to quit it for the 28 days I would be taking nsi -189.

#2966 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Green tea seems to be quiet good to calm down/energize - isn't teanine/tea also an NMDA antagonist?

Any other pro-tips? :)

Checking on line, L theanine is a mild agonist of the NMDA receptor, I do not know how it increases alpha brain waves, that helps with anxiety, but there is a good synergy from my experience with NSI-189.

Theanine is reported to promote alpha wave production in the brain.[26] Early studies of theanine involved much larger doses than those found in a typical cup of tea. Researchers wonder whether drinking tea might have the same effects found in those studies.[36] However, one recent study funded by Unilever found that smaller doses typical of those found in a cup of tea did induce changes in alpha waves as shown by EEG.[37]

#2967 Blomj

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Does anyone know how NSI would interact with strattera? I just started taking strattera, and if things go well with the medication I would like to take both at the same time, if possible.

#2968 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

So how many people have felt permanent effects from nsi..personally even after 6 weeks of not using nsi I still feeler found effects on memory and mood
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2969 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese supplier that allows you to buy it in 10  gram increments or less?

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese vendor who lets you buy in 10 gram increments or less?

• Good Point x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2970 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

I do not know how close the patent holder follows NSI-189 threads (but at the extent that helps) please keep sourcing discussion in the NSI-189 source discussion sub forum.

If you have not registered already, send a pm to a moderator or to the member FW900 to get access.

I do not know if anything changed, but from previous discussions the price I give for 10grams is a little more than half price for the same stuff. I bought and split a large amount (with a discounted price) with two reddit members with the goal of making a smaller profit and continue trying new nootropics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users