* * * * * 9 votes

Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#1 n95

• 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Any experiences, shared in regards of use of cannabidiol (particularly in the treatment of anxiety based disorders) would be much appreciated!

Regards!
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#2 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

I am also looking into experimenting with CBD. Funny enough, it is not available in Holland yet. I went to the coffeeshop and requested a high CBD strain, to which they replied: "Cannabiwhat?"
It seems there is a tincture available to US citizens, by Dixie. International shipment will be available soon, so I will remain patient for that matter.
Currently I am trying to find an effective dosage for it, as there seems to be little known about it.
It works at the NMDA sites as well, leaving me wonder whether it might interact negatively with other nootropics.
If one were to take, say, 4 to 5 NMDA modulating subtances, I doubt that would be very nice now, would it?
I guess it boils down to: what the hell do we actually want happening at that site? And what is the most effective subtance to achieve that?
Anyway, good luck finding some research behind CBD, seems like most people just don't give a damn about what they're smoking.

EDIT:
From this website:

Anxiety/Insomnia/Panic Disorders
Generally 2 mg (1 spray) of a rich CBD extract taken every 8-12 hours is sufficient. Most patients do fine with 4 mg every 24 hours, but it is fine to add one or two doses of 1 – 2 mg as needed throughout the day. THC is generally poorly tolerated in patients with t anxiety

I also found an extensive comprehensive study on CBD (and THC).
Haven't read the entire thing, and I can't upload the PDF, but here's a link to download it. Subsection 5.2.1 might be of particular interest.
Also includes comparisons to conventional anxiolytics and the like.

Edited by formergenius, 06 February 2013 - 05:25 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Ohh and now I can edit all of a sudden? Excuse the double post :)

Edited by formergenius, 06 February 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#4 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

After googling and reading many positive reviews CDB has on anxiety, I ordered it from dixiebotanicals.com. Super hyped, I'll post my experience asap!

#5 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Wow that is pretty expensive...I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Is there any legality issue in regards to CBD?

#6 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

After googling and reading many positive reviews CDB has on anxiety, I ordered it from dixiebotanicals.com. Super hyped, I'll post my experience asap!

Nice! Hope you get some benefits. The 1oz bottle contains 100mg CBD though.. and that for 40 bucks :dry:
Ah well, if 2mg a day is sufficient, then that's ok. But those studies indicate doses of 60mg's/day up to 600mg's/day.
Best of luck though, anything hemp-based is bound to be good for ya!

Wow that is pretty expensive...I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Is there any legality issue in regards to CBD?

Nope, CBD is legal in almost all countries. Only Canada seems to make it a big deal.

#7 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

yeah.. at first i also thought the MG was too low but after googling a bit i read a post of someone taking 6 drops daily of dixies CDB, and it working better than "any anti-anxiety medication I have taken". !

EDIT: you can read his experience here (mid page, username nirvana_papaya) - https://www.icmag.co...t=246982&page=2

Edited by mastermind57, 06 February 2013 - 07:22 AM.

• like x 3

#8 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

yeah.. at first i also thought the MG was too low but after googling a bit i read a post of someone taking 6 drops daily of dixies CDB, and it working better than "any anti-anxiety medication I have taken". !

Thanks for sharing that!
"Paranoid thoughts gone, replaced by this warm comfortable feeling inside my skull.""
Hmm, warm comfortable feeling inside my skull, sounds friggin' delightful!

Ever since a bad trip with MDMA I felt a shift in the feeling inside my skull. Sounds ridiculous, but it bothers me to no end!
As if the pressure has been altered.

Keen to find out if you have similar effects.. Kind of bouncing up and down over here, contemplating making my own extract.
Coffeshop is just around the corner :P

• like x 1

#9 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

OK guys, thanks for your posts nice to see this compound sparks some interest here.Just to quickly add my two cents: AFAIK cannabidiol is legal, and non regulated whatsoever (means its not considered a precursor either). And, I am currently waiting for offers synthetic 98% purity CBD from manufacturers. If this prooves to have some potential I might even consider making some synthetic myself, since by pure coincidence I have easily accesible raw materials and technical means, needed.

#10 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I am also looking into experimenting with CBD. Funny enough, it is not available in Holland yet. I went to the coffeeshop and requested a high CBD strain, to which they replied: "Cannabiwhat?"

You should have said you want an 100% indica strain.
  • like x 1

#11 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

OK guys, thanks for your posts nice to see this compound sparks some interest here.Just to quickly add my two cents: AFAIK cannabidiol is legal, and non regulated whatsoever (means its not considered a precursor either). And, I am currently waiting for offers synthetic 98% purity CBD from manufacturers. If this prooves to have some potential I might even consider making some synthetic myself, since by pure coincidence I have easily accesible raw materials and technical means, needed.

Yes, allthough IIRC the FDA is looking into it. Not to let my ill memory rush you though.
Why the selfsynthesis? Are you going for prolonged administration?

I only smoke Indica, yet still some make me anxious. 100% Indica still contains a fair bit of THC.
In the younger days I would have Sativa's all day no problem, though nowadays I just hide in my bed if I have a Sativa.
Only the dispensaries in the US test percentages and carry high CBD strains like Harlequin sadly.

#12 n95

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yes, allthough IIRC the FDA is looking into it. Not to let my ill memory rush you though.
Why the selfsynthesis? Are you going for prolonged administration?

I only smoke Indica, yet still some make me anxious. 100% Indica still contains a fair bit of THC.
In the younger days I would have Sativa's all day no problem, though nowadays I just hide in my bed if I have a Sativa.
Only the dispensaries in the US test percentages and carry high CBD strains like Harlequin sadly.

Synthesis is an option for me because it could be potentially a lot easier to achieve then to import finished product. And yes, if the anxiety relief effects prove to be tolerance resistant, I would be interested in prolonged administration.

#13 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

finally came in the mail! will experiment tomorrow.

#14 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Sweet! Hope it works for you :)

#15 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

ok so I finished my morning ritual and gulped down 5 drops.

after 10 mins i start to feel my body become slightly relaxed. i was less tense.. and thats about it. took 3 more drops. my body became much more relaxed, light chills throughout my body. felt real nice.. started feeling a little drowsy.. but forced myself to stay awake! for longecity!

the drowsiness subsided 10mins later. it was slightly easier to focus on things. to sum it up, it feels like a marijuana high without the negatives. feel relaxed and slightly sedated with no paranoia and/or anxiety. looking forward to testing it out in anxiety provoking situations. ill log my experiences here.

Edited by mastermind57, 10 February 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#16 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Ahh interesting!
Would you say you felt tired mentally? Clumsy, forgetful? Sedation is not exactly what I'm aiming for personally.
Would you say after the drowsiness subsided you felt more peaceful in a vigilant way?
How about thought? Clear or foggy?
Length of effect?
Sorry to be so nosy, just very interested :)
Thanks for feedback, getting more curious about ordering this stuff soons it's available for me.
Keep 'em coming :D

#17 Divien

• 23 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Apparently flax seems to contain CBD.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22706678
http://www.examiner....out-cannabidiol
  • like x 1

#18 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Ahh interesting!
Would you say you felt tired mentally? Clumsy, forgetful? Sedation is not exactly what I'm aiming for personally.
Would you say after the drowsiness subsided you felt more peaceful in a vigilant way?
How about thought? Clear or foggy?
Length of effect?
Sorry to be so nosy, just very interested :)
Thanks for feedback, getting more curious about ordering this stuff soons it's available for me.
Keep 'em coming :D

tired mentally? no i wouldnt say that.. i did feel like i couldve easily fell asleep on it if i wanted too but i was still able to think clearly. didnt feel clumsy or forgetful just really calm and chill. i felt very at peace with everything. didnt seem to last long, 8 drops lasted a lil over the 2 hour mark. so im assuming taking the recommended 15 drop dose would last 4 hours. ill be trying that tonight :cool:

P.S it tastes really nice! minty honey taste, i like it alot.

Edited by mastermind57, 11 February 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#19 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Calm and chill. I like it.
Almost forgot to ask: did you order the 1oz or 2oz version?
The 1oz version contains 1.25mg CBD per serving, and the 2oz contains 3.125mg CBD per serving.
Assuming no tolerance sets in, and one would like to have 8 hours effect a day, for 2 servings a day, that's $30 a month on 1oz, or $60 a month on 2oz version.
Either way, I suppose it's not to pricey considering those doses.
Cheers.

#20 Alphatrial

• 26 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Anyone has a good address? I live in The Netherlands but I haven't found anything so far. iPhone isn't really a good device for surfing :-)

Sebastiaan

#21 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Calm and chill. I like it.
Almost forgot to ask: did you order the 1oz or 2oz version?
The 1oz version contains 1.25mg CBD per serving, and the 2oz contains 3.125mg CBD per serving.
Assuming no tolerance sets in, and one would like to have 8 hours effect a day, for 2 servings a day, that's $30 a month on 1oz, or $60 a month on 2oz version.
Either way, I suppose it's not to pricey considering those doses.
Cheers.

i got the 1oz version. ive been taking it the past 2 days with a much milder effect both times. i could still feel it but nowhere near as strong as the first time i took it. im still looking forward to trying it in an anxiety provoking setting..

#22 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Very cool.
And interestingly there is someone on this forum who said that taking Flax Seed Oil, Curcumin and NACG helped their anxiety , and it seems these are antiinflammatory compounds. Anyway Im considering trying flax oil at this point since CBD is illegal in canada. [stupid]

#23 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I placed an order for the 1 oz. Friday. I'll post my thoughts on it in this thread once it gets here and I've had a chance to take it.

#24 jerichodotm

• 35 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Very cool.
And interestingly there is someone on this forum who said that taking Flax Seed Oil, Curcumin and NACG helped their anxiety , and it seems these are antiinflammatory compounds. Anyway Im considering trying flax oil at this point since CBD is illegal in canada. [stupid]

The only people I know who take flax seed oil rather than fish oil are 2 vegan friends. That won't eat fish so use flax instead. Everything I've read on the topic suggests the EPA/DHA Omega 3s in fish oil are far superior to ALA Omega 3's in flax seed oil in regards to helping with anxiety, depression, etc. If you've tried fish oil with less than stellar results, try "Omega Smart Super Critical" fish oil. It blew away the other fish oil products I had taken previously. After doing more research I think it has to do with the EPA heavy EPA/DHA ratio. EPA = 780mg ; DHA = 120mg. Most fish oil products are closer to 4:3 EPA/DHA ratio.

Anyone has a good address? I live in The Netherlands but I haven't found anything so far. iPhone isn't really a good device for surfing :-)

Sebastiaan

Are you looking for the URL?

http://dixiebotanicals.com

#25 Alphatrial

• 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Thanks! I'll check it out.

#26 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Very cool.

The only people I know who take flax seed oil rather than fish oil are 2 vegan friends. That won't eat fish so use flax instead. Everything I've read on the topic suggests the EPA/DHA Omega 3s in fish oil are far superior to ALA Omega 3's in flax seed oil in regards to helping with anxiety, depression, etc. If you've tried fish oil with less than stellar results, try "Omega Smart Super Critical" fish oil. It blew away the other fish oil products I had taken previously. After doing more research I think it has to do with the EPA heavy EPA/DHA ratio. EPA = 780mg ; DHA = 120mg. Most fish oil products are closer to 4:3 EPA/DHA ratio.

Sebastiaan

Are you looking for the URL?

http://dixiebotanicals.com

I actually used to take Minami supercritical EPA [fish derived] which was like 99% EPA. in the end of the day I'm not sure I saw a benefit from any fish oil I've ever taken, ever, from any brand, except maybe the DHA was a bit anti-inflammatory. Though I will consider trying that brand because it's simply good for maintenence of health. Other than that, I'm interested in GMO flax oil because the GMO happens to have an overproduction of CBD or a CBD like compound [not sure which] , rather than for omega 3 benefits. Not really caring about omega3 in this case, more concerned with the CBD like compound.

Edited by protoject, 19 February 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#27 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

i eat 1-2 spoonfuls of flax seed daily. i get no immediate effects like I do from the dixie drops.

anyway ive been taking 15 drops every other day or so. the effect is nowhere near as profound as it was on the first week. ive noticed my train of thought is different while on it. im used too having racing thoughts but on cbd that completely vanishes. i really feel anybody with anxiety should try this and see if it works for them. its been pretty useful for times ive been stressed out.
  • like x 1

#28 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for updating mastermind57 :)
Well I suppose it needn't be continuously profound, but it could most definitely serve as an adjunct with other subtle anxiolytics. Perhaps combined with L-Theanine it could prove a useful regimen for some.

jerichodotm:
Curious to read about your experience as well.

n95: How's the synthesis coming along?

#29 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Does anyone know for sure if this is legal in Australia? I'm guessing its illegal due to our analogue drug laws but cant find a definitive answer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Steve_86
I can't provide you with info on that, but even GABA is prohibited in your country, so it would be well worth the trouble to find out. I suggest you call Australian Customs, or perhaps there is a governmental website? CBD and THC share a precursor, but they are quite different subtances, so I'm not sure it's an analog. Then again, CBD is schedule II in Canada, whilst the US has to import hemp from Canada IIRC. So it's all twisted and politicians are idiots is the common conclusion. Make some calls.. Then again, I was told by a customs officer I can't import any medication, and later I found on the website it was legal to do so for private use. Remember to double check ;)
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users