* * * * * 9 votes

Anyone tried cannabidiol (CBD)?

cannabidiol cannabis cbd cb2

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#301 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

The best bet is to just be patient. In about 5 years CBD will be much more available and at a much cheaper price.

Right now, its the most useless and overpriced snake oil ive seen. 

All we have to do is wait for Cannabis strains like charlottes web to become commercially available.

We might not wait as long as we think we have to: 

In September 2014, the content was measured at 0.3% THC and it was classified "as a hemp-derived food product". It is a less profitable plant[12] with "close to no value to traditional marijuana consumers.

This looks very promising, lets hope we can get access to this medicine soon.

Lets hope they bring a seed out, so we can grow it ourselves.

Even if they dont, somebody will, there are so many people developing high CBD low THC strains.

Stay away from Hemp derived CBD products, Use hemp for the other health benefits, not for the CBD related ones.

Its just a matter of time.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 31 March 2015 - 02:19 PM.

• Agree x 1

#302 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:04 AM

Actually, 20grams is like one small plant. Best would be to grow it in the garden if it's legal in your country. In mine you need a permit me thinks. Hemp seeds kan be ordered for minimum amount of sums. I think they sell it on amazon as an ingredient for baking by the lots, i.e whole bag of seeds. 

I take that statement back, after further investigation. Hemp doesn't contain any CBD. Only special strains do like Charlottes Web. Also a company in Israel has a strain. 

http://www.leafscien...st-cbd-strains/

The best bet is to just be patient. In about 5 years CBD will be much more available and at a much cheaper price.

All we have to do is wait for Cannabis strains like charlottes web to become commercially available.

In September 2014, the content was measured at 0.3% THC and it was classified "as a hemp-derived food product". It is a less profitable plant[12] with "close to no value to traditional marijuana consumers.

Even if they dont, somebody will, there are so many people developing high CBD low THC strains.

Stay away from Hemp derived CBD products, Use hemp for the other health benefits, not for the CBD related ones.

Beware of these brands! 

http://www.thedailyc...p-oil-products/

• The FDA tested two separate samples of “UltraCBD,” sold by CBD Life Holdings LLC (a one ounce bottle costs $45 on their website or Amazon).  Of the samples tested, one did not contain any cannabinoids — CBD or otherwise — while the second contained only .02% CBD.  Of all products tested by the FDA that were found to contain some CBD, the “UltraCBD” products contained the smallest percentage.
  • The FDA tested seven products sold by California-based Hemp Oil Care.  Of the products tested, three products — Hemp Pure Vape E-Drops: Peached, ‘Hemp Honey 21% Cannabidiol Oil’, and Hemp Honey CBD Vape Oil – Blueberries & Cream all tested negative for cannabinoids.  Three flavors of Cibdex Hemp CBD Complex Drops(peppermint, unflavored and vanilla) all contained .3% CBD.  The final product tested, Cibaderm Hemp Salve contained no CBD but did contain .2% cannabidiolic acid (CBDA).
  • The FDA tested four products offered by Natural Organic Solutions and sold atpurecbd.net.  Two of those products, “CBD Oil Extract Capsules (500mg – 10 Capsules)” and “21% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” tested negative for cannabinoids.  Of the remaining two products tested, “Real CBD Extract – CBD (Cannabidiol) Cannabis Extract Capsules (1500mg – 30 Capsules)” contained .5% CBD, .2% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), .1% CBDA, .03% THCA (tetrahydrocannabinol acid); while their “26% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” was found to contain .14% CBD, .45% THC, and .05% CBDA.
  • The FDA tested Arisi-Tol, made by Twin Falls Bio Tech LLC, and found that their product, which sells for $99.95 for a one month supply, contained .2% CBD.
  • The FDA also tested two manufacturers of CBD products marketed for pets.  From Washington-based Canna Companion LLC, the FDA tested “Canna Companion Capsule Size: 4″ and found that the product contained .1% CBD, .1% THC, .3% CBDA and .9% THCA.   Three products from Canna-Pet LLC were also tested, with “CBD Wedges – Canna-Biscuits for Dogs” testing negative for cannabinoids, “Canna-Pet for Cats” containing .5% CBD, and “Canna-Pet MaxCBD Capsules for Dogs” containing 2.6% CBD (the highest percentage of all test results), .1% THC, and .1% CBC (cannabichromene).

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#303 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

I think the CBD industry is pure BS right now. I ordered some tea from Gallopade Hemp and can't actually say anything about them, luckily they are cheap. I don't think there is any source other that those mentioned in the article who actually manufacture Charlottes Web (Company?) and  Avidekel from (Tikun Olam). 

http://www.ladybud.c...l-50-us-states/

http://www.tikunolam.com/

There is a canadian based company that claim to sell the seeds at whopping prices: (Again don't know if it's legit).

http://canadianhempc...roducts_id=2534 <-- (Edit) FAKE!

http://canadianhempc...956d2a230dd5a55 <-- (Edit) FAKE!

The best thing would be to order the seeds and actually grow the stuff. Then you know that you are getting a good product. 

Can anyone get in touch with Tikun olam and Charlottes for some priceinfo on the seeds? (Groupbuy perhaps?).

Edited by Leapmind, 01 April 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#304 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

Hmm!? Allegedly there's a few clones on Charlottes. Anything else is a fake so discard the Canadian based company. (Can't believe these bastards are trying to rip off sick people but hey, nothing surprises me these day's).

http://www.420magazi...tml#post2289976

As I said in a previous post I am not able according to the rules of the forum to sell or give away any seeds or clones. For someone looking for High CBD and Low THC I recommend looking at the Seed company sponsors on this site and look for;
a. Cannatonic
b. Avidekel
c. Rafael
d. AC/DC
e. Harlequin
Here are the test results. They all started vegging inside and were put outside to Flower. It is easy for me to do that without much stress on the plants as I have EBB and Flow Hydroponics both inside and outside. 

As you can see the test results for the Fake Charlotte's Web are Very bad considering they are supposed to be High CBD and Low THC. I Think I may put my last 10 seeds into the bird feeder.

The best High CBD/Low THC is the AC/DC with the Harlequin coming in second best.
The next two I will be growing and testing are;
a. Cannatonic
b. Avidekel
Strain Results Tested On Access Photo External 
Harlequin THC 3.93 %, CBD 8.77 %, CBN 0.0 %, Moisture 83.50 % 07 Nov 2014

C.W. THC 17.0 %, CBD 0.47 %, CBN 0.01 %, Moisture 7204.00 % 07 Nov 2014

AC/DC THC 0.46 %, CBD 12.24 %, CBN 0.0 %, Moisture 9.40 % 12 Sep 2014

CW-Charlotte's Web, THC 7.21 %, CBD 0.33 %, CBN 0.0 %, Moisture 80.80 % 04 Sep 2014

#305 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:40 AM

Does anyone know anything about CBD crew and their products?

http://cbdcrew.org/

http://cbdcrew.org/v...s/cbd-medihaze/

Edited by Leapmind, 01 April 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#306 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

Guys if it were me and I didn't have access to medical plants, I would try this stuff:

Here is a CBD infused tea for those who are interested. I haven't tried it but this company is highly legit:  http://www.vipova.com/

This is the parent company: http://www.newsfilec...m-the-President  They are publicly traded and transitioned into cannabis from oil and gas. They cannot afford to sell bogus products. This company has shareholders to answer to. They are not some mom and pops place with a website. They invested big time in marijuana in Canada. There are too many sake oil products. My friend gave me their handout to shareholders to read and thats how I heard about them. I have no affiliation what-so-ever. I would be very curious to read feeback on it though.

BTW I purchased a strain called "Suzy Q" and it feels even more "clean" than ac/dc as far as thc goes. I think its the closest to pure cbd I've had. The lab report they had said it had like 14% cbd and like 0.4% thc. Keep in mind that each batch of the same strain will have varying amounts of cannabinoids. I remember reading about harlequin I think and how not every crop had the same thc/cbd. This inconsistancy makes it hard to regulate because they can't label an exact dose. the big tabacco companies are coming soon into this industry. They have been talking about Marlboro "greens" for a long time. The problem they have is getting each cigarrette to be the same because of the natural variations. The big guys want a chunk of the action- which pretty much sucks for the consumer.

Edited by Fletch, 01 April 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#307 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Yes they are legit, a few coffeeshops here in the netherlands sell their strains. You can buy their seeds everywhere on the web also, and the reviews seem to be positive

I have medihaze myself btw.

Guys if it were me and I didn't have access to medical plants, I would try this stuff:

Here is a CBD infused tea for those who are interested. I haven't tried it but this company is highly legit:  http://www.vipova.com/

This is the parent company: http://www.newsfilec...m-the-President  They are publicly traded and transitioned into cannabis from oil and gas. They cannot afford to sell bogus products. This company has shareholders to answer to. They are not some mom and pops place with a website. They invested big time in marijuana in Canada. There are too many sake oil products. My friend gave me their handout to shareholders to read and thats how I heard about them. I have no affiliation what-so-ever. I would be very curious to read feeback on it though.

BTW I purchased a strain called "Suzy Q" and it feels even more "clean" than ac/dc as far as thc goes. I think its the closest to pure cbd I've had. The lab report they had said it had like 14% cbd and like 0.4% thc. Keep in mind that each batch of the same strain will have varying amounts of cannabinoids. I remember reading about harlequin I think and how not every crop had the same thc/cbd. This inconsistancy makes it hard to regulate because they can't label an exact dose. the big tabacco companies are coming soon into this industry. They have been talking about Marlboro "greens" for a long time. The problem they have is getting each cigarrette to be the same because of the natural variations. The big guys want a chunk of the action- which pretty much sucks for the consumer.

Wish I lived where you are right now. Its pretty funny how the dutch are basically the pioneers in legalising cannabis, but still lack behind other countries with cbd. The dutch seem to be focusing more on high THC weed instead.

And yes you are right about the inconsistancy, its a hit or miss, even when you buy a ''high'' cbd strain. Would imagine its quite hard to grow a high cbd strain.

Edited by alex921, 01 April 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#308 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

There are already clone-seeds available. In order for a group-buy all we need is a trustworthy supplier from the US...

Edited by YoungSchizo, 01 April 2015 - 07:56 PM.

• like x 1

#309 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:23 PM

Beware of these brands! 

http://www.thedailyc...p-oil-products/

• The FDA tested two separate samples of “UltraCBD,” sold by CBD Life Holdings LLC (a one ounce bottle costs $45 on their website or Amazon).  Of the samples tested, one did not contain any cannabinoids — CBD or otherwise — while the second contained only .02% CBD.  Of all products tested by the FDA that were found to contain some CBD, the “UltraCBD” products contained the smallest percentage.
  • The FDA tested seven products sold by California-based Hemp Oil Care.  Of the products tested, three products — Hemp Pure Vape E-Drops: Peached, ‘Hemp Honey 21% Cannabidiol Oil’, and Hemp Honey CBD Vape Oil – Blueberries & Cream all tested negative for cannabinoids.  Three flavors of Cibdex Hemp CBD Complex Drops(peppermint, unflavored and vanilla) all contained .3% CBD.  The final product tested, Cibaderm Hemp Salve contained no CBD but did contain .2% cannabidiolic acid (CBDA).
  • The FDA tested four products offered by Natural Organic Solutions and sold atpurecbd.net.  Two of those products, “CBD Oil Extract Capsules (500mg – 10 Capsules)” and “21% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” tested negative for cannabinoids.  Of the remaining two products tested, “Real CBD Extract – CBD (Cannabidiol) Cannabis Extract Capsules (1500mg – 30 Capsules)” contained .5% CBD, .2% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), .1% CBDA, .03% THCA (tetrahydrocannabinol acid); while their “26% CBD Hemp Oil Treatment” was found to contain .14% CBD, .45% THC, and .05% CBDA.
  • The FDA tested Arisi-Tol, made by Twin Falls Bio Tech LLC, and found that their product, which sells for $99.95 for a one month supply, contained .2% CBD.
  • The FDA also tested two manufacturers of CBD products marketed for pets.  From Washington-based Canna Companion LLC, the FDA tested “Canna Companion Capsule Size: 4″ and found that the product contained .1% CBD, .1% THC, .3% CBDA and .9% THCA.   Three products from Canna-Pet LLC were also tested, with “CBD Wedges – Canna-Biscuits for Dogs” testing negative for cannabinoids, “Canna-Pet for Cats” containing .5% CBD, and “Canna-Pet MaxCBD Capsules for Dogs” containing 2.6% CBD (the highest percentage of all test results), .1% THC, and .1% CBC (cannabichromene).

Thats ridiculous!! Pure Snake Oil!! 

There are some of the most popular products in that list, yet they contain little or no CBD.. LOL.

No wonder people get Zero effects from these snake oils.

• Agree x 1

#310 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

Was wondering about these: http://www.zamnesia....37-cbd-productsdon't think they've been mentioned in this thread so far (my apologies if they have) anyone know anything about their quality ?

#311 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:53 PM

Review of Love CBD oil:

bought a 10ml bottle for around $45 USD with intl shipping included. 

bottle has 200 drops supposedly and 450mg CBD entire bottle.

dosed 5 drops initially (instructions say take 15) - very little effect

dosed 10 drops later in the day - slight anxiolytic/sluggish effect

dosed 15 drops next day in the AM - anxiolytic/sluggish CBD feeling most of the day thus far (8 hours later).  

• Informative x 2

#312 Virtual Reality

• 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

Was wondering about these: http://www.zamnesia....37-cbd-productsdon't think they've been mentioned in this thread so far (my apologies if they have) anyone know anything about their quality ?

The cbd oil has 4% cbd diluted in a 10 ml solvent, which means 0,4 mg cbd. Seems overpriced, and dont think its worth it.

Perhaps there cbd paste, but its pricey.

Review of Love CBD oil:

bought a 10ml bottle for around $45 USD with intl shipping included. 

bottle has 200 drops supposedly and 450mg CBD entire bottle.

dosed 5 drops initially (instructions say take 15) - very little effect

dosed 10 drops later in the day - slight anxiolytic/sluggish effect

dosed 15 drops next day in the AM - anxiolytic/sluggish CBD feeling most of the day thus far (8 hours later).  

Positive that its working for you, keep us updated.

#313 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

A small cointainer with oil for a whopping 99USD?! Yikes you gotta be kidding me!

Just order a good strain of seeds and grow the stuff. If I could get a hold of Charlottes Web. I think when the THC levels are not above 0.5% then no laws has been broken. I could grow the stuff in my own kitchen or buy a growing tent.

You can make butter yourself which is really easy. There's even kitchen appliances for it:

https://magicalbutter.com/

Just a teaspoon in your coffee or tea with a good strain would be the best option, both financially and for when we have a more purely refined product as Stevia Company claims to have a patent for.

Edited by Leapmind, 02 April 2015 - 02:09 AM.

#314 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

Yes they are legit, a few coffeeshops here in the netherlands sell their strains. You can buy their seeds everywhere on the web also, and the reviews seem to be positive

I have medihaze myself btw.

Wish I lived where you are right now. Its pretty funny how the dutch are basically the pioneers in legalising cannabis, but still lack behind other countries with cbd. The dutch seem to be focusing more on high THC weed instead.

And yes you are right about the inconsistancy, its a hit or miss, even when you buy a ''high'' cbd strain. Would imagine its quite hard to grow a high cbd strain.

Yeah tell me about it. The endocannabinoid system needs a balance. When the THC/CBD ratio is messed up then no wonder some people get very negative effects from smoking weed.

#315 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:02 AM

A small cointainer with oil for a whopping 99USD?! Yikes you gotta be kidding me!

Just order a good strain of seeds and grow the stuff. If I could get a hold of Charlottes Web. I think when the THC levels are not above 0.5% then no laws has been broken. I could grow the stuff in my own kitchen or buy a growing tent.

In the United States it is illegal to grow marijuana OR hemp unless you have a medical prescription or you live where it is legal for recreation.  The average person doesn't have the space, knowledge, or equipment to grow weed anyway. If it takes up a room, you need to subtract the rent cost of that room. So it isn't about just getting free seeds and putting them in the dirt and adding water. Some strains have to be grown indoors, and others outdoors. There are specific methods and timing of harvest in order to maximize certain cannabinoids. It is pretty pointless to talk about growing if you live where it is illegal and if it isn't illegal you could just buy it anyway. If you're going to break the law just buy some- it's actually easier and a lot more affordable. I'd rather get busted for possession than intent to distribute. You will need more than one or two plants.

Edited by Fletch, 02 April 2015 - 03:10 AM.

• Agree x 1

#316 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:21 AM

In the United States it is illegal to grow marijuana OR hemp unless you have a medical prescription or you live where it is legal for recreation.  The average person doesn't have the space, knowledge, or equipment to grow weed anyway. If it takes up a room, you need to subtract the rent cost of that room. So it isn't about just getting free seeds and putting them in the dirt and adding water. Some strains have to be grown indoors, and others outdoors. There are specific methods and timing of harvest in order to maximize certain cannabinoids. It is pretty pointless to talk about growing if you live where it is illegal and if it isn't illegal you could just buy it anyway. If you're going to break the law just buy some- it's actually easier and a lot more affordable. I'd rather get busted for possession than intent to distribute. You will need more than one or two plants.

You only need a couple of plants that you can grow in cycles for personal production. Weedgrowing is the easiest thing because it is a weed, people grow them in their closets, basements, yards and such so the talk about space, knowledge and other is timewasting. It's simple, affordable and actually the only thing that gives what you actually want. If your laws prohibit you then don't, or look up what they say about non intoxicating hemp. But stating that it's timewasting is not true. It's actually the only good thing that has come through this thread.

CBD market is one of the filthies snakeoil markets right now. If you really think that small cake of butter for 99USD is worth it then buy it. It hasn't been tested for any results and people are actually taking a chance- some of them sick- with a low income who are seeking aid when buying CBD. The only thing we know for sure- coming from what FDA say- what the industry about refinement- is that most of the stuff is pretty fake.

• Disagree x 1

#317 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

This is our latest and greatest strain. Valentine X, or Valentine as we call it, has the highest ratio of CBD:THC that we have found. 25:1 CBD:THC.

http://synergycbd.co...b-rich-strains/

#318 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

You only need a couple of plants that you can grow in cycles for personal production. Weedgrowing is the easiest thing because it is a weed, people grow them in their closets, basements, yards and such so the talk about space, knowledge and other is timewasting. It's simple, affordable and actually the only thing that gives what you actually want. If your laws prohibit you then don't, or look up what they say about non intoxicating hemp. But stating that it's timewasting is not true. It's actually the only good thing that has come through this thread.

CBD market is one of the filthies snakeoil markets right now. If you really think that small cake of butter for 99USD is worth it then buy it. It hasn't been tested for any results and people are actually taking a chance- some of them sick- with a low income who are seeking aid when buying CBD. The only thing we know for sure- coming from what FDA say- what the industry about refinement- is that most of the stuff is pretty fake.

I agree with what you said, but my point is that most of the people in this discussion are those who don't have legal access. Of course for someone like me, it is better to grow from a financial perspective. I could argue that even financially it's not a significant savings worth the time and effort involved (lights, hydroponics, fertilizer, electricity, lost space, lost time (tending, harvesting, planting), etc.) but that's not my point. I'm just wondering to whom your growing suggestion applies? These people would not be buying CBD snake oil products (I agree the market is shady) online if they had legal access to the flowers or to grow the plants. Like I said- hemp of any kind is prohibited in the U.S. no matter what THC content. So we have people with legal and people with illegal status. Growing is no legal alternative, and unless you are just suggesting that people who already have legal access should grow rather than buy- that's just a personal preference, and not relevant because those people aren't forced to purchase the cbd snake oil to begin with. Growing your own vegetables is cheaper than buying them in the store, but we pay for convenience. I just don't see who you are targeting with the growing bit?

Edited by Fletch, 02 April 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#319 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

This is our latest and greatest strain. Valentine X, or Valentine as we call it, has the highest ratio of CBD:THC that we have found. 25:1 CBD:THC.

http://synergycbd.co...b-rich-strains/

That is the same as the "Suzy Q" I just picked up. I made a mistake before. The lab tests actually are 24:1. That is much higher than the ac/dc I'd been getting, and I think it's higher than Charlotte's Web. I'll be going back for more ;)  I want to reiterate that CBD is not the end-all for anxiety. It is a tool, but in my opinion it has its limitations. It seems like the first time of the day is the most noticeable. This is true with most things though- first drink, etc. I think enough time to "sober up" between doses is necessary.

#320 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

I agree with what you said, but my point is that most of the people in this discussion are those who don't have legal access. Of course for someone like me, it is better to grow from a financial perspective. I could argue that even financially it's not a significant savings worth the time and effort involved (lights, hydroponics, fertilizer, electricity, lost space, lost time (tending, harvesting, planting), etc.) but that's not my point. I'm just wondering to whom your growing suggestion applies? These people would not be buying CBD snake oil products (I agree the market is shady) online if they had legal access to the flowers or to grow the plants. Like I said- hemp of any kind is prohibited in the U.S. no matter what THC content. So we have people with legal and people with illegal status. Growing is no legal alternative, and unless you are just suggesting that people who already have legal access should grow rather than buy- that's just a personal preference, and not relevant because those people aren't forced to purchase the cbd snake oil to begin with. Growing your own vegetables is cheaper than buying them in the store, but we pay for convenience. I just don't see who you are targeting with the growing bit?

I don't want to get in to a debate about which laws people live by and what reasons people have for ordering CBD products online.

When it comes to practical investment for indoor growing, you can come rather cheap- if we are speaking long term. Also today we have light fiberoptic cables, cheap LED lamps and such. And it is a one time investment. So growing is not like it used to be. The main issue lies with the smell but that can also be solved if done right.

My target would be to get actual CBD and not get scammed. That's the ony reason why I am talking about this.

I don't trust ANYONE for the current moment, claiming that they have a good CBD product out there.

Is this what you got? (Can't vouch for the site). Beware!

https://mmjmenu.com/...nu_items/761981

Edited by Leapmind, 02 April 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#321 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:04 AM

Received my bottle from http://www.lovecbd.org/after a few days. Works very well, highly recommended.

Only downside? Goodbye psychosis - welcome depression! ;)

#322 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

Received my bottle from http://www.lovecbd.org/after a few days. Works very well, highly recommended.

Only downside? Goodbye psychosis - welcome depression! ;)

Could you please elaborate? I have been using it heavily the last few days and seem to notice a drop in mood as well. I have been sleeping more. This could be totally unrelated as I take other supplements and Rx for depression. I'm also weaning off klonopin.

#323 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

I don't want to get in to a debate about which laws people live by and what reasons people have for ordering CBD products online.

When it comes to practical investment for indoor growing, you can come rather cheap- if we are speaking long term. Also today we have light fiberoptic cables, cheap LED lamps and such. And it is a one time investment. So growing is not like it used to be. The main issue lies with the smell but that can also be solved if done right.

My target would be to get actual CBD and not get scammed. That's the ony reason why I am talking about this.

I don't trust ANYONE for the current moment, claiming that they have a good CBD product out there.

I gotcha. Well thats why if I were in your shoes (which would really suck) I would try that tea. It might be expensive as hell but at least I'd feel confident it was real. I honestly have no idea how you compare prices when you have no idea what the actual cbd content is. $20/oz. means nothing if an ounce contains 100mg vs. 1,000.  It must be damn frustrating! Then who's to say the seeds you buy online and wait to grow are legit either? When there is natural variation in the same strain, how would you even know if you got ripped off? How much does lab testing cost? It's a nightmare. I'm not a grower and know very little about it, but I do know that there are specific times when you harvest high cbd weed before it drops in percentage. I think you trim it early. Growing a plant that looks visually healthy is easy. But there are these tricks of the trade I would have to learn first in order to be confident. Because of the variation from crop to crop of the same strain, the dispensaries test each one (or claim to). The legit ones will show you the lab report. If you're only growing a couple plants at a time, I'm sure lab testing each batch is cost prohibitive (exponentially), so how would you be certain?  I guess the only way is by sampling it, but what if you end up with a high thc plant and you don't do well with thc? Best case is you have a bad trip, worst case is you have to wait for more plants to grow again.

Edited by Fletch, 02 April 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#324 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

I gotcha. Well thats why if I were in your shoes (which would really suck) I would try that tea. It might be expensive as hell but at least I'd feel confident it was real. I honestly have no idea how you compare prices when you have no idea what the actual cbd content is. $20/oz. means nothing if an ounce contains 100mg vs. 1,000.  It must be damn frustrating! Then who's to say the seeds you buy online and wait to grow are legit either? When there is natural variation in the same strain, how would you even know if you got ripped off? How much does lab testing cost? It's a nightmare. I'm not a grower and know very little about it, but I do know that there are specific times when you harvest high cbd weed before it drops in percentage. I think you trim it early. Growing a plant that looks visually healthy is easy. But there are these tricks of the trade I would have to learn first in order to be confident. Because of the variation from crop to crop of the same strain, the dispensaries test each one (or claim to). The legit ones will show you the lab report. If you're only growing a couple plants at a time, I'm sure lab testing each batch is cost prohibitive (exponentially), so how would you be certain?  I guess the only way is by sampling it, but what if you end up with a high thc plant and you don't do well with thc? Best case is you have a bad trip, worst case is you have to wait for more plants to grow again.

I bought the pig in a poke because it was cheap and of the reviews it got, nothin else. I don't trust the product because they don't mention the strain. It doesn't matter if I get scammed because I can afford it and it's worth a try!

#325 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Oh, I had forgotten why I stopped using CBD: it gives me major diarrhea! :sad:
Does anyone know of any good and affordable vaporizer?

#326 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Anyone experimented with CBD combined with Nootropics?

#327 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Current Drug Safety
Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa Constituent

LINK

Edited by Leapmind, 13 April 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#328 Jarebear

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Thanks LeapMind and Fletch for the useful information you've provided.  It's a shame that there isn't some form of regulation on CBD products, but all it would take is a company to make CBD products that causes people to die- lets hope it doesn't have to come to that.  Your information on quality and legality is very helpful, because most people don't bother to research those issues before jumping in(check dea.gov for a complete list of scheduled substances if you live in USA- I have the 2/2/2015 but not the link at the moment).  I have tried very few CBD products and your information makes sense as to why some products work better than others.  There is also the misconception that all CBD products contain CBD and little, if any, THC- and that's the end of the story.  When some products, claim at the very least to, contain various other cannabinoids (CBC, CBN, and acid forms to name a few), but this can only be confirmed by having the products tested by an independant lab.  There really needs to be regulation so there are consistent and clean products available for people who need it as medicine; and also there is a need for science to establish the effects of all cannabinoids, alone and in combinations.

As far as personal experience with CBD use as medicine... It can help, but don't expect it to be cheaper than pharmaceuticals at this time and you always have to have quality in mind.  I suffer from schizophrenia and anxiety and found it to be helpful.  With proper dosage and frequency, nearly all of my negative symptoms of schizophrenia we lessened, but anxiety wasn't helped as much.  The only other substance I found comparable to this treatment was risperidone (specifically for paranoia and dissociative symptoms).  There have also been studies that indicate that a 600mg dose preceeding a ketamine dose prevents the schizophrenia-like effects of the ketamine (other studies indicate that this is the case for other psychoactive drugs).

If you try CBD, don't expect a miracle because in some studies there are people out there that CBD has little effect on, but don't be surprised if it helps.

#329 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

I have been investigating the possibility for vaping CBD and it shouldn't be a problem as long as you vape can hold certain temperatures.

CBD begins to evaporate at a temperature of around 200°C (392°F), similar to THC, making it possible to release CBD as a gas without burning the plant matter.

In the study, vaporizing at 230°C (446°F) seemed to release more CBD than vaporizing at 210°C (410°F).

If anyone can get a real source from a scientific page for the vapetemps it would be awesome. I can't seem to find anything better than this!

Remember there is no actual science that confirms that vaping is safe but there is a possibility that is safer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#330 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

So Stanley Brothers are now selling CBD oil made from Charlottes on Amazon.

Link!

To only way of getting a stronger more potent oil is by buying valentines X seeds, growing it yourself and by making an extract of some sort.

Edited by Leapmind, 01 May 2015 - 06:10 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, cb2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users