Sunifiram?

sunifiram

• Please log in to reply
1564 replies to this topic

#871 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

alecnevsky:

Aniracetam slows neural impulse conduction [I have the study with neat graphs] and causes empty-brain syndrome for me.

As for memory, I get plenty of sleep and perform excellently during the day - better than on any other regime.

I am not a brain expert so how do you expect me to tell you how my memory can improve despite fewer hours of sleep?

If you want to know how good Sunfiram is just look at the positive Customer Reviews on Amazon.com for FBLM's Sunifiram.

Your language is foul and full of sex words that don't belong in this forum - words which are clearly attempts to insult me despite your claims to the contrary in the post.

If you didn't mean them then don't use them and then you won't need fill your post with extraneous denials of what your real intentions are by the language you use.

Rather than making the effort to read my price list to find a Sunifiram capsule supplier you waste my time complaining about the effort required to measure out Sunifiram.

If you had made the minimal effort of clicking a link and scrolling down my list before posting then you would have found a sale of 10mg premeasured capsules of Sunifiram on eBay was added to the Racetam Prices List as of 2013/05/17.

+1 for the caps link! (even though I don't buy research chems on ebay). Although Amazon has positive reviews for everything good and bad.

To help you understand my question more: I am not talking about less sleep measured by time, but less time spent in DEEP stage relative to REM sleep stage. You should consider it, if only to better your understanding of the research chemical you're taking. Judging by your post, your cortisol is high and maybe sleep is actually a better product for you. But I really appreciate your links. Thanks.

Edited by alecnevsky, 28 May 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#872 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

alecnevsky:

Aniracetam slows neural impulse conduction [I have the study with neat graphs] and causes empty-brain syndrome for me.

As for memory, I get plenty of sleep and perform excellently during the day - better than on any other regime.

I am not a brain expert so how do you expect me to tell you how my memory can improve despite fewer hours of sleep?

If you want to know how good Sunfiram is just look at the positive Customer Reviews on Amazon.com for FBLM's Sunifiram.

Your language is foul and full of sex words that don't belong in this forum - words which are clearly attempts to insult me despite your claims to the contrary in the post.

If you didn't mean them then don't use them and then you won't need fill your post with extraneous denials of what your real intentions are by the language you use.

Rather than making the effort to read my price list to find a Sunifiram capsule supplier you waste my time complaining about the effort required to measure out Sunifiram.

If you had made the minimal effort of clicking a link and scrolling down my list before posting then you would have found a sale of 10mg premeasured capsules of Sunifiram on eBay was added to the Racetam Prices List as of 2013/05/17.

+1 for the caps link! (even though I don't buy research chems on ebay). Although Amazon has positive reviews for everything good and bad.

To help you understand my question more: I am not talking about less sleep measured by time, but less time spent in DEEP stage relative to REM sleep stage. You should consider it, if only to better your understanding of the research chemical you're taking. Judging by your post, your cortisol is high and maybe sleep is actually a better product for you. But I really appreciate your links. Thanks.

Shorter sleep doesn't mean shorter deep sleep, unless you have a zeo or something to see that you can't know.
Theorically sunifiram would be a bad thing to be taken in the night as from the reports it seems to be strongly involved with increase dopamine neurotransmission, this would reduce serotonin flows and impair deep sleep but if taken during the day it shouldn't cause any problem. For instance I have taken sulbutiamine for months in the morning, it effectively reduced my sleep needs but it didn't impair my deep sleep however if taken in the night it does impair deep sleep.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#873 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

alecnevsky:

Shorter sleep doesn't mean shorter deep sleep, unless you have a zeo or something to see that you can't know.
Theorically sunifiram would be a bad thing to be taken in the night as from the reports it seems to be strongly involved with increase dopamine neurotransmission, this would reduce serotonin flows and impair deep sleep but if taken during the day it shouldn't cause any problem. For instance I have taken sulbutiamine for months in the morning, it effectively reduced my sleep needs but it didn't impair my deep sleep however if taken in the night it does impair deep sleep.

Yeah I realize that. In fact, efficient sleep is desired more so than longer sleep but Isochrom stressed REM cycles in his testimonies, which, in conjunction with a 5hr total sleep schedule that he cites, makes it less likely he spends any considerable time in deep sleep. Just basic probability theory. There is nothing else to go by here. The reason Isochrom is a good case despite his enthusiasm, is because he mega-doses and is, presumably, very consistent in his dosing schedule. The effects are notable, even though they may be exaggerated or difficult to reproduce.

Edit: still it's iffy if not strange, that this significant reduction in sleep can be a purely positive adaptation. #nofreelunchproblem
That's what he makes it out to be and that's what I am investigating.

Edited by alecnevsky, 28 May 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#874 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

I've been doing a lot of research today on the role of glutamate in neurotransmission and various physiological and mental functions. What I've recognized is that I am hypersensitive to glutamate and anything that is glutamatergic. I had not put this together before...

Note: what follows might pertain to others on this forum who respond poorly to racetams and racerams

- I have a history of alcoholism; alcohol suppresses glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) and is an NMDAR antagonist. NMDARs are glutamate receptors (along with AMPARs and one or 2 other receptor types). GAD inhibits glutamate. So one possible reason why people become alcoholic could be a self-medication solution to hyperactive glutamate receptor activity and/or excess extracellular glutamate. Further, chronic alcohol abuse, along with abuse or chronic use of any other NMDA antagonist, should up-regulate NMDARs, making the individual more sensitive to glutamergic substances and conditions.

- Since I started taking sunifiram, I have experienced a very significant increase in neuropathic pain. My muscles are sore and I'm more sensitive to all physical stimuli. I'm also more sensitive to sounds and bright light. All of these symptoms are likely connected to excitatory glutamate transmission (http://bja.oxfordjou...nt/87/1/12.full)

- I'm bipolar with emphasis on the depressive side, and the only medications that have worked for me are lamictal (a glutamate blocker) and gabapentin (which inhibits glutamate production.) I hadn't known about these mechanisms of the 2 medications until my research today. Now it all makes sense --- today I was experiencing the worst [suspected] sunifiram-related symptoms since I began taking it 2 weeks ago, in spite of reducing my dose by half. I thought about taking extra gabapentin after reading about its effect on glutamate, when I discovered I had missed my morning dose and it had been about 15 hours since I'd taken any - Aha! - so I popped a gabapentin and added some GABAergic phenibut, l-theanine, and picamilon, and within 2 hours I felt great.

In summary, I suggest that those who are prescribed NMDA antagonists or glutamate inhibitors, and anyone who is very fond of alcohol and other sedative-hypnotics (including but not limited to benzodiazepenes, ketamine, GHB, and phenibut), should PROCEED WITH CAUTION when testing positive allosteric modulators of glutamate receptors such as the ampakines which are so popular among nootropic enthusiasts.

It would be great to get some feedback on this post, providing your own data with respect to all the variables mentioned.

On behalf of the Dharma Initiative and the DeGroots,
Namaste and good luck

+1
I'd love to hear more about your research on this. Good stuff!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#875 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

I am disappointed in New Star Nootropics.

It has been days now since I bought another 10g Sunifiram and the Express Mail tracking is still not working.

The last order I sent to them, they replied with a fake tracking number first that never worked and then took days to make a new one.

They refuse to answer any commnication and have never replied once to my emails.

I'm going to have to source Sunifiram elsewhere.

Worse, BYOB on eBay has not yet shipped my 100g Pramiracetam in 3 working days despite my constant messaging.

The level of irrresponsibility is enormous among these sellers.

I smell delisting soon for a couple of them.

Sellers that screw me over get permabanned from the Racetam Prices list.

Has anyone mangaged to receive an email reply or phone New Star Nootropics?

Their phone number area code is HAWAII and does not match their physical address.

I can't get any reply from them.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 28 May 2013 - 02:21 PM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#876 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

They never replied to any of my messages either. They have had a note on their site for months saying they'll make third party testing results available - it is clearly a lie. I got my sunifiram from Liftmode within the US.

Edited by Climactic, 28 May 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#877 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I received an email from new star.
I orderd suni and had no problems about a 3 weeks ago.
Then I ordered Aniracetam and oxiracetam a week later but only the aniracetam shipped.
I sent a couple of emailes and no reply until a few days later when they shipped the oxiracetam with apologies.
I also apologized because I didn't read the thank you note that said my oxiracetam would be shipped later!

Also something to keep in mind is that the USPS tracking sucks badly. Sometimes no movement is shown in tracking until the day of or day before delivery. My local post office was just downgraded so everything takes and extra day now.
(Maybe you are using a different shipping method)

I think new star is trying in my limited experience while USPS is getting worse.
I do respect your opinions though Isochroma :)

Edited by Betterself, 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#878 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think new star is trying in my limited experience while USPS is getting worse.

I don't know about your local PO, but USPS Tracking has actually improved much recently. For the last package I tracked with them, I received six tracking emails with updates, all along the way. This notification pattern was also true for my other recent USPS shipments.

#879 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

It has been days now since I bought another 10g Sunifiram and the Express Mail tracking is still not working.

The last order I sent to them, they replied with a fake tracking number first that never worked and then took days to make a new one.

They refuse to answer any commnication and have never replied once to my emails.

I'm going to have to source Sunifiram elsewhere.

Worse, BYOB on eBay has not yet shipped my 100g Pramiracetam in 3 working days despite my constant messaging.

The level of irrresponsibility is enormous among these sellers.

I smell delisting soon for a couple of them.

Sellers that screw me over get permabanned from the Racetam Prices list.

Has anyone mangaged to receive an email reply or phone New Star Nootropics?

Their phone number area code is HAWAII and does not match their physical address.

I can't get any reply from them.

Yeah, no response to any of my emails either..
  • like x 2

#880 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I just received my Oxiractam from new star. 7 Days from Arizona to Illinois. No tracking till yesterday but only showing Tucson, AZ, the distribution point 70 miles north of me, and then my local post office. .
I get USPS from all over the USA and some areas and P.O. units are good about scanning and updating the tracking and others obviously are not.

#881 mkUltra999

• 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Although I haven't emailed them lately, all orders I have put through with NS I get without a problem. In fact, I get them within 3 or 4 days, ordinarily. I have gotten 25 or 30 g of Suniferam, 50 or 60 g of Noopept, and at least 5 or 600 g of Aniracetam in the past few months and there's never been a problem of any kind. That's just me, but I have never had any issues with them.

#882 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

I complain easily.

I also pay for Express Mail shipping with every order from New Star Nootropics and others.

Express Mail is very expensive - it costs $34.00 vs. $7.70 for regular postal mail for any size purchase of NSN's Sunifiram.

It's a premium service with premium pricing and I thus expect the tracking to work and the mail to arrive with decent rapidity.

This usually means maximum seven days from source country to destination country's Customs.

Edited by Isochroma-Reborn, 29 May 2013 - 01:10 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#883 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Never had any problems; super quick.

#884 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Just got a 1 gram order of sunifram from NSN today (tracking worked fine), however, I wish they would post the results of 3rd party lab purity testing (as their site has been indicitating ad-infinitum).

Oh well, don't think there's any other vendor who does third-party purity testing, and sounds like NSN is a commonly used vendor, so if there were any immediate toxic reactions they probably would have been reported here.

Edited by cyberger, 29 May 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#885 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Finally got my order delivered to India.Should i even try it or get a weighing scale first?

#886 dogshitwebsite

• 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:32 AM

Do we know yet what fuels Sunifiram?
Just wondering if I should be taking something to experience the full benefits, also is there anything that might lessen the positive effects?

#887 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Just wondering if I should be taking something to experience the full benefits, also is there anything that might lessen the positive effects?

The antihistamine dexchlorfeniramine (an anticolinergic drug) blocks sunifiran completely!!! I know this from my own experience!!!

Edited by gnappi, 29 May 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#888 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Should i even try it or get a weighing scale first?

Assuming you have a tiny scoop, I would try a small fraction of it, and build up from there as needed. You don't have to wait for a scale. You should still acquire a milligram weighing scale along with calibration weights.

#889 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Here are some grouped interactions that come to mind. Whether these are good or bad depends upon the strength of the cumulative effect, which can be more or less than desired.
  • Glutamine:
    • I expect hypoglycemia to make the glutaminergic effect stronger.[16314180]
    • I expect that combining it with aniracetam or mainly phenylpiracetam may make the ampakine effect stronger.
    • Magnesium, especially magnesium threonate should decrease the glutaminergic effect, whereas calcium or potassium (in the brain) may increase it. Please test as needed to confirm or reject this hypothesis.
  • Kinase:
    • Sunifiram activates CaM kinase II and protein kinase C up to control levels,[23295391] so other drugs affecting these might be a concern. Overactivation of protein kinase C may promote cancer progression.[19176525]
  • Choline:
    • Because sunifiram increases acetylcholine release,[11087574] other cholinergic or anticholinergic drugs would obviously have an effect.

From my limited knowledge, I don't know of anything else you should be taking to experience the full benefit. You may want to use citicoline or alpha-GPC as a choline source if you want to potentiate the acetylcholinergic effect, but one of these can be taken regardless.

Edited by Climactic, 29 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

• like x 1

#890 Rethar

• 33 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

500mg of ALCAR gives me a nice boost to sunifiram's positive motivation effects.

#891 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

500mg of ALCAR gives me a nice boost to sunifiram's positive motivation effects.

Combining ALCAR with sunifiram yesterday caused distinct brain fog. This was the first time I have experienced brain fog since starting sunifiram, so I'm pretty sure it was the ALCAR. And I only took about 100mg ALCAR (less than half of a 250mg capsule). On its own ALCAR doesn't normally do this to me -- it makes me feel jittery, but not fogged. So for me at least it's not a good combination. Centrophenoxine seems to work well as a choline source with sunifiram. Without it i get a mild headache on suni.

#892 violetechos

• 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

In summary, I suggest that those who are prescribed NMDA antagonists or glutamate inhibitors, and anyone who is very fond of alcohol and other sedative-hypnotics (including but not limited to benzodiazepenes, ketamine, GHB, and phenibut), should PROCEED WITH CAUTION when testing positive allosteric modulators of glutamate receptors such as the ampakines which are so popular among nootropic enthusiasts.

Yes yes yes. The rebound effects from alcohol, benzos, and a lot of sedatives leaves one in a hyper-glutamate state where the brain is very very sensitive to Ca+ and K+ ion level fluctuations . Taking ampakines after drinking is a somewhat bad idea .

A recipe for excitotoxicity :

1.Drink alcohol, or take sedatives, (nmda antagonists even better) Anything "neuroprotective" would theoretically have a "rebound" where after neuroprotection (alcohol - GABA, NMDA antagonism) there is a window of higher sensitivity to neuronal damage (often caused by funny inhibitory neurtransmitter function when hungover) .

Oooh how about some of those potent, quick active, short half lived synthetic cannabbinoids? They provide huge amounts of neuroprotection when under the chemicals spell, but the day after, the brain is likely left in a very sensitive state. I can hear the sizzling now.

2.Start taking calcium .

Wait till said substance is starting to wash out.

Dose ampakines (the dirtier functioning the better, just throw a whole bunch in, we'll work with sunifiram)

40mgs sublingual sunifiram

(Oooh throw some stimulants in there to guarantee some hurts. Amphetamine in this state would be baaaaaaad.)

can you hear the sizzling?

Brain starts to overfire , not enough inhibitory neurotransmitters after hangover, calcium / potassium influx (FEELS GOOD BRO) ,leading to glutamate excitoxicity, and then you are wondering why you are - tired, fried, or depressed . Magnesium will help...

this is basic neurology.

See... this isn't too far off from what some people do every day. There is reason to worry.

alecnevsky:

LULZ. isochroma you sound like you're losing it. are you sure all of these nootropics are good for your mental state? what do you think of the risk for excitoxicity with sunifiram? do you think its valid at all? sure hyper-glutamate states feel great, but what happens when you come down (stop dosing?)

i also am of the belief that you are floating along on a sunifiram induced (+ everything else) glutamate hypermanic state and should probally slow down before you spin out, buddy.

you seem to get really really personally offended whenever anyone mentions anything bad about your precious sunifiram, and you post all over this forum about every step of your nootropics packages coming through the mail. I mean for god sakes you post tracking numbers, give sunifiram catchy tag lines , you publically call out nootropic companies for being a day late... If we replaced sunifiram with amphetamine you would be considered to have a major major drug problem, and the behavior isn't that far off. Its obsessive and its gonna end badly!

"sex words?" "johnnys making bathroom noises!!!!!mommm!!!"

Edited by lenses, 30 May 2013 - 01:00 PM.

• dislike x 9
  • like x 6

#893 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Why the hostility? Isochroma's posts might be a bit hyperbolic, but he's always a good read and very often highly informative. He's also doing great work with his racetam prices list. I don't get why some people here seem to want to goad him when all he does is to come here and show excited enthusiasm. Sure, he's taking doses that would overwhelm most people, but remember he's built up to these high doses over a very long time, so his body has probably got used to them. And apart from sunifiram, which hasn't been tested enough in humans yet, the other racetams he's taking have an extremely good safety profile (most of them don't even have an established LD50). Phrases like "your precious sunifiram" are just spiteful for no obvious reason. And yes, I too prefer posts that aren't full of obscenities that have no place in a forum dedicated to life-extension/improvement.
  • like x 10
  • dislike x 2

#894 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Took a tiny fraction from the scoop provided by Newstar one hour after breakfast.I felt slightly warm and that it is all.Again, after six hours,i took full scoop and felt dull this time.

#895 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

Today is my 3rd day without sunifiram and I'm finally feeling back to normal. What a relief.

Wanted to suggest that those who have had seizures (of any type) should proceed cautiously with sunifiram, especially if this is a current issue for you.

The overwhelming enthusiasm of some who love sunifiram should be taken for what it is --- the reporting of subjective effects in user experiences. It should never be taken as meaning that sunifiram (or piracetam or heroin or pasta) is for everyone. Imagine if SSRIs were a novel class of research chemicals with no patents or FDA involvement, we would see some depressed people reporting enthusiastically about how those work and yet I had a near-death experience from taking low dose citalopram. In that case, had my psychiatrist listened to me when I said "I cannot take SSRIs" (or had I listened to myself and refused to take it) then I'd have been spared serotonin syndrome and a nearly fatal seizure, fall, and concussion.

Similarly, sunifiram and other powerful agents must be treated with respect and I failed to do that. In spite of reading this entire thread before I began my experiment, a thread which includes many reports that optimal doses for those individuals are below 10 mg per day, I jumped in like an addict with my 20+ mg capsules which I took 2 or 3 times a day.

After I stabilize for a few days off suni I will retry at about 5 mg total per day. Sometimes a substance that causes serious problems at one dose can be a tremendous blessing at a different dose, so I'm not throwing in the towel on this promising compound.
  • like x 3

#896 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Why the hostility? Isochroma's posts might be a bit hyperbolic, but he's always a good read and very often highly informative. He's also doing great work with his racetam prices list. I don't get why some people here seem to want to goad him when all he does is to come here and show excited enthusiasm.

Agreed.
Reading a fantastically grandiose imagery-laden racetam experience from Isochroma is one of the finest pleasures in life.
  • like x 8
  • dislike x 1

#897 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

.......phenibut (500mg), picamilon (50mg)...... Now I'm highly energized, motivated, pain-free, and the muscle tension has released. Amazing, but it makes sense because excess glutamate activity has been implicated in chronic fatigue as well as neuropathic pain. http://www.cortjohns...y-series-pt-ii/

If you have a history with alcoholism you may want to steer clear of phenibut... I've never touched the stuff due to it's gabaergic action and my similar history. Also, I took picamilon for about two or three weeks until I started getting moderate-severe alcohol cravings out of the blue. I'm guessing it's due to the gaba part of the molecule.

Not sure if your gabapentin is ameliorating or reducing the risk of those effects in you or not, but just a heads up based on my experience.

#898 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

How do you guys take this drug.Sublingual or oral?

#899 gg141717

• 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

I get a nice calm focus and some slight increased energy from sunifiram. I like it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#900 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

How do you guys take this drug.Sublingual or oral?

Either works. Sublingual causes it to kick in faster and gives it more intensity, but the effect doesn't last as long. Oral, especially if you have food in your stomach, slightly increases absorption time, but the effects last longer so the overall result is a little "smoother". Depends whether you want intense or smooth. Although TBH the difference is not enormous. Try both ways and see for yourself.
  • like x 4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sunifiram

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users