Bowel cancer in dog

cancer

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think Mebendazole (I would try it and Green Tea together) is a better bet than PQQ

Ok now I am a little confused as renfr said

do not give him green tea and don't even think about tablets, green tea contains caffeine and you probably know that caffeine kills dogs, even a small amount can become deadly

I know you can get decaffeinated green tea, however from what I can tell it still has caffeine. Which extract of green tea would you recommend that won't have adverse effects?

Also I found this on a vetinary website regarding Mebendazole:

"Mebendazole is not the recommended choice of de-worming medication for most veterinarians due to its side effects. Some of the side effects associated with the use of this medication include bloody diarrhea, vomiting, jaundice, loss of appetite, and depression.
The most severe side effect of this medication is liver toxicity. Medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com states that mebendazole has a low level of toxicity, however, it has caused necrosis of the liver in some dogs."

Is there a safer alternative to mebendazole, and if I did want to try Mebendazole would one does of 100mg tablets be enough each day or should I buy the 500mg tablets?

Edited by adam32, 15 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#32 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Im afraid I don't know about caffeine and dogs adam32.
you will have to research it or perhaps look for caffeine free capsules or something.

I also don't know about the effect of Mebendazole on dogs and what dosage is considered safe.
I can say that the side effects are probably the worst case scenario and that there may be information designed to scare people away from it:
They don't even sell it in America anymore because they don't want such a cheap anti-cancer med becoming public knowledge.

Do post any info you find.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Having looked at the green tea thing further I am really not sure it is safe for dogs, although my scientific knowledge is very limited. Have a look at this website:

http://scienceblogs....-equal-safe-gr/

It also says this in relation to animals:
"Studies of green tea extracts/supplements on rats and dogs caused kidney, liver, and GI toxicity (suffice it to say liver and kidney cells were dying ugly deaths and there was bleeding in the GI tract). Toxicity and blood levels in dogs were much higher if they took the green tea on an empty stomach."

So as a last resort if the current treatment of vitamin C and barely grass does not work do you think I should go for mebendazole, C60 and forget about the green tea. Or should I also throw in the PQQ as well?

I know you are saying about the mebendazole it is very hard to get hold of. None of the wormers in the UK contain this. The only place I have seen this for sale is in Russia, Turkey and Sri Lanka on Ebay. So if I order from any of these places it will probably take a few weeks to arrive. So If I am considering this I really need to place an order today.

Edited by adam32, 15 May 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#34 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Note that your dog has lost a considerable amount of weight and therefore any medication will have a stronger effect. Nothing is lost so let's not try toxic stuff first but healthy stuff.
You can buy Medenbazole on Brandmedicines.com, I already used this website, they ship from bulgaria and I got it within 5 business days.
Here's a sheet about mebendazole : http://parasitipedia...514&Itemid=2787
And a study on the effect on the liver : http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6874531

Mixed breed dogs that received increasing doses of mebendazole at 11 to 110 times the therapeutic dose for 2 months did not show adverse effects and remained in good health throughout the experiment. There was not substantial evidence that carbon tetrachloride-induced liver changes were exacerbated by subsequent repeated treatments with mebendazole at 15 times the therapeutic dose. Additionally, in dogs whose liver function was compromised experimentally by glutathione depletion and microsomal enzyme induction, administration of mebendazole at this same dosage for 30 days did not result in any hepatotoxic effect.

If you had to choose between green tea and mebendazole well mebendazole seems to fit better since it doesn't seem to be harmful at several times the therapeutic dose for dogs. (therapeutic dose : 22mg/kg).

Edited by renfr, 15 May 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#35 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I have seen two different dogs "cured" of cancer with resveratrol.
One female American Bull, 90 pounds, mammary cancer which had metastasized to the lymph system. Vet said six months at most. The tumors dissappeared and the dog lived four more years in good health.
Second, a male Pmerican Bull., 120 pounds, (same owner, two years later) diagnosed with testicular cancer. The tumor shrank, became undetectable. Two years later the dog was put down for other reasons.

The dosing for thes dogs varied with the owner's whim, but started at 6 grams daily, mixed in food, and droipped back to a gram or so for maintenance. I do not know if the dosing was continued once the dogs were deemed cured.

Some cancers, especially those involving reproductive tissue, seem especially responsive to resveratrol. Others, such as small cell lung cancer, do not respond to resveratrol, though at least one researcher at the Sorbonne has stated it will prevent the development of such lung cancers. Because the intestines are directly exposed to oral resveratrol, it may that bowel cancer can be effectively treated with this substance. The amounts needed are expensive, you will need to order bulk powder from such as Revgenetics, Kingherbs, or go directly to Chinese suppliers.

I do not believe C60 will hurt, and it might help, though its benefits remain theoretical at this time.
  • like x 2

#36 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

The dosing for thes dogs varied with the owner's whim, but started at 6 grams daily, mixed in food, and droipped back to a gram or so for maintenance.

That is interesting what you say as renfr thought it was more of a preventative measure than something to give once the cancer has developed, although I could give this a try as I don't have a lot to loose. As for the dosage that seems very high, as looking at most of the tablets available in the UK it will equate to about 15 tablets a day. I am pretty sure he won't eat these in his food as he is not eating much. Does anyone know if tablets like resveratrol can be ground up and suspended in water so I can squirt it down his throat with a syringe?

As for the Medenbazole link thanks for this. As you say I think I will avoid the toxic stuff for now, however I may order some just in case his current treatment does not work. I have also ordered some C60 as a backup.

#37 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

The dosing for thes dogs varied with the owner's whim, but started at 6 grams daily, mixed in food, and droipped back to a gram or so for maintenance.

That is interesting what you say as renfr thought it was more of a preventative measure than something to give once the cancer has developed, although I could give this a try as I don't have a lot to loose. As for the dosage that seems very high, as looking at most of the tablets available in the UK it will equate to about 15 tablets a day. I am pretty sure he won't eat these in his food as he is not eating much. Does anyone know if tablets like resveratrol can be ground up and suspended in water so I can squirt it down his throat with a syringe?

As for the Medenbazole link thanks for this. As you say I think I will avoid the toxic stuff for now, however I may order some just in case his current treatment does not work. I have also ordered some C60 as a backup.

That's why you should buy bulk powder, crushing tablets would be a waste of time plus it won't mix with water due to fillers.
You can buy resveratrol in the UK there : http://www.bulkpowde...esveratrol.html
But indeed at 6g per day it will be very costful.

#38 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the link renfr.

They mention about the resveratrol with a 90lbs bulldog, Well 90 pounds is about 40kg and my dog with the cancer only weighs 12kg so he is roughly 3 times lighter. Does this mean I can just divide the 6gram dosage by 3 meaning I give him 2grams of resveratrol to begin with? This will make things a lot more cost effective.

#39 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I believe lower proces are possible. Also dose depends on weight of the dog. One was 130 pounds, the other 92. Scale by weight of your dog. And the 6 gram dose might only be needed for a week... 2 grams in your case. Scaling linearly is probably OK within this species and weight ranges.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 May 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#40 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I was under the impression that the dog was already on Resveratrol, which is why I did not mention it.
Resveratrol is very effective against cancer in dogs.

#41 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

How about getting off the canned dog food?
http://healthypets.m...g-pet-food.aspx

#42 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

I agree the canned dog food is rubbish but he won't eat anything else at the moment. If I get him over this cancer he will have a proper diet that I will design from research.

#43 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

What do people think of liquid zeolite with DHQ? I say this as I have been reading good things about this with treating cancers in dogs. Even on amazon in the reviews it mentions about someones experience with a dog

http://www.amazon.co...A/dp/B001ILUOO2

#44 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

One positive thing is that the Barley grass seems to be working against the Stomach Acid, as his Stomach is making much less noise, even though he has finished the Zitac course. Despite this I still feel he is getting weaker everyday so I have now started him on Resveratrol at 2500mg per day. I have also ordered some C60 and will try that. Tomorrow marks an important milestone as the vet predicted he would be dead within 2 weeks, so he is already living past this.

The thing that really worries me is the blood loss as he is severely Anemic. Someone suggested feeding him animal blood if I can get it from the Butchers, as it has everything he will need to make blood more easily. Do you think this will help anything?

#45 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Adam. I agree with the resveratrol idea. We've seen some good results with high dose resveratrol in dogs as has been mentioned above. I hope that you are using a high purity resveratrol (98+%), because at high doses, the lower purity products can cause a lot of GI trouble, and your dog doesn't need any more of that. I would avoid anything that is unpleasant for the dog. The last thing you want to do is make him miserable in his final days. From the way it sounds, I'd consider palliative care as a high priority, as it sounds like he's in very bad shape. I don't think that c60-oo will help a pre-existing cancer, but you could take it yourself or offer it to someone else if you don't use it on your dog. Best of luck.

#46 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Iron is very effective against anemia, he's probably iron deficient.
Up the liposomal vitamin C dose to 4 packets a day, 2 in the morning, two in the end of day.

#47 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Adam. I agree with the resveratrol idea. We've seen some good results with high dose resveratrol in dogs as has been mentioned above. I hope that you are using a high purity resveratrol (98+%), because at high doses, the lower purity products can cause a lot of GI trouble, and your dog doesn't need any more of that. I would avoid anything that is unpleasant for the dog. The last thing you want to do is make him miserable in his final days. From the way it sounds, I'd consider palliative care as a high priority, as it sounds like he's in very bad shape. I don't think that c60-oo will help a pre-existing cancer, but you could take it yourself or offer it to someone else if you don't use it on your dog. Best of luck.

Yes I am using the high purity resveratrol. From yesterday I am giving it to him 3 times a day. He is getting 2.4 grams per day as he is only 12kg - do you think this is enough.

As per my previous message what do people think about the liquid zeolite with DHQ?

As for iron I already give him this, but it won't help. He is not deficient in iron but deficient in red blood cells. He is loosing blood faster than you can make it

#48 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Resveratrol dose is probably adequate. Are you giving a 2.4 g dose per day, .8mg per dose, or three times 2.4 grams a day? I suspect a single big dose would attain higher systemic levels, which might be more effective at killing cancer cells. In humans, blood levels peak within an hour, gradually decline, then a secondary peak six to 8 hours later due to hepatic recirculation. I don't know how the pharmokinetics work in dogs, but I suspect the resveratrol is not metabolized as fast given they evolved as carnivores eating few plants. Whether you need repeated dosing to maintain a high systemic level is unknown, but it wouldn't hurt. I would guess (and it is a guess - see how your dog does with it) that twice a day, but a slightly larger dose, would work well.

#49 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Resveratrol dose is probably adequate. Are you giving a 2.4 g dose per day, .8mg per dose, or three times 2.4 grams a day? I suspect a single big dose would attain higher systemic levels, which might be more effective at killing cancer cells. In humans, blood levels peak within an hour, gradually decline, then a secondary peak six to 8 hours later due to hepatic recirculation. I don't know how the pharmokinetics work in dogs, but I suspect the resveratrol is not metabolized as fast given they evolved as carnivores eating few plants. Whether you need repeated dosing to maintain a high systemic level is unknown, but it wouldn't hurt. I would guess (and it is a guess - see how your dog does with it) that twice a day, but a slightly larger dose, would work well.

I am giving him .8mg per does 3 times a day. So in totally he is getting 2.4 grams a day. I think I will follow your advice and give him 1.2 grams twice a day instead of 3 times a day. Do you know if I can give him this at the same time as the vitamin C as that would be much easier, or will the resveratrol and vitamin C interfere with each other making treatment less effective?

Many thanks for your help

#50 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am giving him .8mg per does 3 times a day. So in totally he is getting 2.4 grams a day. I think I will follow your advice and give him 1.2 grams twice a day instead of 3 times a day. Do you know if I can give him this at the same time as the vitamin C as that would be much easier, or will the resveratrol and vitamin C interfere with each other making treatment less effective?

I concur with maxwatt on the dosing- I'd go twice a day at 1.2g rather the three times at 0.8g. I can't think of any reason why the vitamin C couldn't be combined with the resveratrol.
  • like x 1

#51 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

I concur with maxwatt on the dosing- I can't think of any reason why the vitamin C couldn't be combined with the resveratrol.

Ok many thanks for confirming this. What about combining the barley grass and water with the resveratrol? The reason I say this is if he has the barley grass at the same time it normally prevents him from being sick. Any idea if Barley grass in water mixed with resveratrol will make treatment less effective? If I can do both together I would really prefer this option.

Many thanks

#52 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

resveratrol does not mix (dissolve) in water; mash it up with tuna fish, ground meat, whatever you are feeding him as solid food with a bit of fat in it. Even fish oil. If he has the barley grass with it, no problem. There should be no conflict.

#53 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

resveratrol does not mix (dissolve) in water; mash it up with tuna fish, ground meat, whatever you are feeding him as solid food with a bit of fat in it. Even fish oil.

The problem is the dog is very fussy about what he eats at the moment and has very little appetite. The only way I can guarantee that he will have the dose is by squirting a syringe into is throat. As such I have been mixing the resveratrol in water and sucking it into a syringe. It may not dissolve but the water acts as a suspension fluid so I can suck it into the syringe and feed him. Is this a problem doing this or should it strictly be in his food?

Edited by adam32, 19 May 2013 - 08:31 AM.

#54 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

As with anything, it would seem that with green tea "The devil is in the dosage"
While between 5 and 10 cups is good for people, doses of 500mg of extract in capsules can be toxic to liver and kidneys etc. IN HUMANS
The toxic effect is worse on an empty stomach.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1964900/
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21098339
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19464566

That's 0.143 cups per kg in humans.
That's 1.7 Cups in a 12kg Human.
So Im guessing that a cup of decaff GT a day, spread out throughout the day with food will be good for the dog and may help to turn mitochondria on in cancer cells, helping to kill them?

#55 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Just thought I would update everyone on the dogs health so far. It reached a very critical situation where I had almost decided to have the dog put down. The dog was shaking regularly and could not keep any food down. Everything he eat was just being vomited out. As such he was starving to death. After this I made a decision not to feed the dog solid food anymore. As such he is now on liquid food (for about 10 days), primarily egg yolks and hemp protein powder along with various supplements. The good news is that in the last 3 days he has not been sick once. I only give him 50ml at a time every 2.5 hours. Unfortunately I don't have very accurate weighing scales here, however he looks as though he may have put a bit of weight back on. Generally I feel the dog is a little better than he was 10 days ago and the shakes seem to have stopped. Despite this he is still very weak, but my gut instinct is that the cancer is not growing at the rate it was. The major problem is that he is still losing blood as his faeces is very dark so he is extremely anaemic. He generally can't walk further than 25 meters without collapsing in exhaustion. I thought things may have improved 2 days ago when he walked a few 100 meters and back, however it seems this was just a freak thing as he is back to being weak again. Despite all this I still feel he has quality of life as he love to go in the garden and still wants to go for very short walks.

I would be very interested to hear what people think about his stack below:

Supplements given separately:
2 grams of resveratrol in 20ml coconut oil given in the evening
2500mg of liposomal vitamin c given morning and night

Supplements given together:
240mg Mebendazole split into two 120mg dosages a day (I started this a week ago)
20mg of PQQ split into two 120mg dosages
C60 - 4 pipites a day split into two pipite dosage twice a day

Food :
All the below is mixed together and the dog is fed 50ml every 2.5 hours.
7 egg yolks
3 table spoons of hemp protein powder (15 grams of protein)
1200mg curcumin
70mg iron
Vitamin D3 125 mcg
Selenium - 600mcg
Barely grass powder 10 grams
20ml Hemp oil
20ml Cod liver oil (thinking of substituting this with krill oil)
40ml Ginger water made with fresh ginger
20ml olive leaf extract

#56 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I am glad the Mebendazole reached you adam32 and I'm holding thumbs for your dog.

As the dog is losing blood and a lot of supps and pain killers are blood thinners I am surprised that no one has mentioned vitamin K2!?
How does the whole MK4 - MK7 thing work again?

#57 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's too bad you're missing out on the curcumin. There are hundreds of studies on it that include cancer and colon terms, and 105 with the terms just in the titles, including possible synergy with resveratrol in colon cancer.

Edit: Oops, never mind, you are giving him curcumin.

Edited by ta5, 02 June 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#58 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thank you for updating. I wondered what was happening as I've been following your heroic efforts with your dog. I have a nearly identical situation with my 14 yo labshepard, though I am not 100% sure his very similar problems are caused by cancer, it is very likely as he has many soft masses all over his body, especially his trunk, and nausea, weakness, and abnormal bowel movements, along with significant weight loss. He also has some dementia exacerbated by vision loss and the weakness.

It is very hard to balance providing comfort if end-of-life is likely imminent with healing strategies that may turn the tide and allow for years more of comfortable life. But at least with a pet, you can make a lot of the decisions. The hard part (especially with an animal) is knowing what they really wantneed and having the means (time, energy, money) to follow through. Pets don't usually protest, complain, fight, and refuse the way humans are prone to in the same situation.

I haven't scrutinized your protocol in terms of dosing because so much of our human life extension strategies are pretty much an educated guess with dogs. The PQQ is interesting, I've been trying to find out more about that.

Somehow, rather miraculously, my dog has come back from the edge. The vet did not want to do much invasive diagnostics, due his age, his severely weakened condition, and the costs. He provided a medication that would kill giardia if that were the cause (very unlikely) but it didn't help. He gave me the number of a vet who does home euthanasia. That was 2 months ago.

I use coconut oil also, fairly small quantities, hiding one of his pills in the center of a small teaspoon of coconut oil. Also started using raw eggs about a week ago when he went into another severe decline, now adjusted to raw yolks only, after reading your most recent post. Yolk without the white is likely to be better.

My dog's biggest turn-around coincides with the introduction of colostrum powder mixed in water, which I began about 3 weeks after the start of his illness in March. At that time I was certain he was ready to die. I continue to give him the colustrum. I am not sure that it is what did the trick, but turn-around was fast (about 12 hours) after his first 2 doses. Also, if for some reason he misses a few doses of colostrum, there is generally a big set-back within 24 hours.

The other thing that has helped his appetite and energy level significantly is raw liver. I am fortunate to have a source of affordable grass-fed beef and lamb, so all the ''odd bits'' are usually in my freezer or the farmer's. I've been giving my dog chopped-up beef or lamb liver, sometimes exclusively, when his nausea is bad, but usually mixed into a small amount of high quality grain-free dog food. His energy and digestion will recover on the liver to the point where he can start eating, moving and drinking a little more, and then the healing strategies can be implemented more aggressively as he is feeling better.

He is also getting a few supplements for immunity, digestion, and joints that he likes to take when he is feeling good. Those have been very helpful. Though very expensive, along with the colustrum and grass-fed liver, it is all much easier on him (and me) than the vet and less expensive. I watched my dog do a 3 second sprint this morning after he had relieved himself. My main goal has been to get him more comfortable and hopefully allow him to die peacefully at home when he's ready. Now, on most days he is well enough to take a 10 minute walk, get up in the morning, go out to relieve himself, and eat and drink adequately. Some days he is even better.

So the anti-cancer, anti-dementia, anti-pain, joint health, and cardiac health program for my 14 year-old 90 pound dog with many tumors, joint problems, dementia, severe digestive problems and weakness:

Daily (when he can get up and also wants to eat)

1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1 Ark Naturals Gentle Digest capsule with 1 meal
1 RenewLife Daily Detox chews with each meal
1 Pet Assist K9 FullFlex chews with each meal
3-6 Pet Assist K9 Immunity chews per day
1 egg yolk mixed in:
1 cup of Wellness grain-free dry dog food
2-4 ounce portion of raw grass fed organ meat, usually liver or kidney or same amount of raw grass-fed ground beef
960 mg of Symbiotics Colustrum Plus 1-2 times per day mixed in small amount of water, away from food, especially after exercise
1-3 broccoli heads

Occasionally, extra egg (yolks), 1 teaspoonful of Omega-3 oil, a few tablespoons of plain organic full-fat yoghurt or kefir, a few ounces of of cooked salmon or canned sardines

I plan to try the resveratrol. I had been hesitating on that, partly due to cost, and partly due to safety, as grapes are toxic to dogs, I don't know what the toxic chemical is, a nd resveratrol often comes from grapes. So I will investigate further on that.

I hope this is helpful. It does sound like your dog's condition is pretty advanced, but my dog's was also for about 6 weeks and he will suddenly decline severely on occasion when some internal or external condition is not quite right. This is a lot of work to balance all those conditions, so figuring out how to make the care sustainable, as well as maintaining enough emotional detachment to discern the best decision for the well-being of the animal is always the question for me. Your results with your dog are impressive.

I believe this kind of thread is very valid for human life extension purposes, but that discussion needs a thread of it's own.

#59 adam32

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi MizTen

Thank you for much for your enlightening post. It is really interesting what you say about the Colostrum powder. What grade of Colostrum powder are you using? I just ordered some from the link below, do you think this is any good or is there a better Colostrum powder to go for?

https://www.bulkpowd...CFbMbtAodxxcA9Q

Also what dose of Colostrum are you going for?

As for the PQQ I use this as part of a stack with the Mebendazole
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mebendazole

I also use it with the C60. Another member on here hypothesised that the Mebendazole will help to reactivate the mitochondria in the cancer cells, the C60 prevent them from turning off and the PQQ help with making more of them.

As for the raw liver, it's not something I could try with my dog at the moment. He really can't handle any solid food. He was just being violently sick everyday and loosing weight rapidly. Since I moved to the egg yolk based diet things have markedly improved on that front. He has now gone without being sick for 4 days. Also his tummy rumbles are down by about 80% indicating that there is now less problem with acid. Despite this as I say he remains very weak, but I don't think he is getting worse. My guess is the rate of tumour growth has probably slowed down. The biggest problem I think is the continued blood loss from the tumor bleeding. This is making him extremely anemic and is responsible for his extreme tiredness. One member suggested vitamin K2 to help with blood clotting - what do people think about this?

Edited by adam32, 03 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hi MizTen

Thank you for much for your enlightening post. It is really interesting what you say about the Colostrum powder. What grade of Colostrum powder are you using? I just ordered some from the link below, do you think this is any good or is there a better Colostrum powder to go for?

https://www.bulkpowd...CFbMbtAodxxcA9Q

Also what dose of Colostrum are you going for?

As for the PQQ I use this as part of a stack with the Mebendazole
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Mebendazole

I also use it with the C60. Another member on here hypothesised that the Mebendazole will help to reactivate the mitochondria in the cancer cells, the C60 prevent them from turning off and the PQQ help with making more of them.

As for the raw liver, it's not something I could try with my dog at the moment. He really can't handle any solid food. He was just being violently sick everyday and loosing weight rapidly. Since I moved to the egg yolk based diet things have markedly improved on that front. He has now gone without being sick for 4 days. Also his tummy rumbles are down by about 80% indicating that there is now less problem with acid. Despite this as I say he remains very weak, but I don't think he is getting worse. My guess is the rate of tumour growth has probably slowed down. The biggest problem I think is the continued blood loss from the tumor bleeding. This is making him extremely anemic and is responsible for his extreme tiredness. One member suggested vitamin K2 to help with blood clotting - what do people think about this?

Adam32,

Sorry I didn't get back to this thread quickly. The colostrum powder I'm using is Symbiotics Colostrum Powder Plus. The recommended dosage (presumably for humans) is 960 mg. So I give my 90 lb dog about 320 mg mixed in a little water and away from other food.

He has been refusing it lately so I may try mixing it in the egg yolk.

The colostrum you ordered looks good. I don't really know much about different brands.

It's great that your dog is doing better. Interesting about the K2. Both of my dogs do a phenomenal amount of "grazing" on the grass in the yard. The older dog (the one who is sick) also loves broccoli, cabbage, and kale. Even now with all these problems with his stomach he wants the veggies, though he can't really eat them. Maybe K2 would help your dog.

I forgot to mention that I also started giving my dog baby aspirin 1-3 times a day. This helped significantly with pain, so that he was not so resistant to getting up to go out. But if your dog has gastric bleeding, aspirin could cause problems.

You could try blenderizing liver, sounds gross but would provide some excellent nourishment that your dog could swallow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users