• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what are some nootropics to avoid falling in love?

love oxytocin neurotransmitter nootropic

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#61 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

Yes, I know I know.

I think all these ideas are coming from Vyvanse actually, even though I may already have these ideas to begin with but Vyvanse is making me hyperfocus to come up with these "ideas".

So I stopped taking Vyvanse for 2 days now. I feel OK and actually I seem to have forgotten about her. In other words, Vyvanse was making me focus on shit NOT even worth focusing on. In other words, this drug is wonderful if I would simply open up a book and read. It would make me focus on more important things rather than focusing on "her". I shall try a higher dose of Vyvanse in a week or so just to see if my self control becomes better AFTER I'll let things cool off with her in a positive way. 

Someone told me that Vyvanse in the first month I will get very high off it and to avoid chasing the high. I think all these ideas within these thread is me "high" without even realizing it. I wasn't out of it, just hyperfocused on what the topic of this thread is.

I feel as if Vyvanse vanished my hesitations though considering before I wouldn't pop 2 pills of 500mg Lysine. The past 2 days, I'm able to pop 4-5 pills of 500mg Lysine without hesitation. I think this is actually helping with my anxiety. 

These are all the dumbest ideas I have ever heard

Take heroin and forget about her

or develop some self control

#62 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

When on Vyvanse my dick is very "dopaminergic", it has a mind of its own . I need to start thinking with my other head. LOL.

Maybe something to give you limp dick could help too

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

You may have missed the whole thread. The meds I take are intended to make me better. My Vyvanse is prescription as prescribed to me not street bought. The fact that the girl liked me I seem to have made it go into my head too much. It made me focus on it too much. I know it's the Vyvanse. So I stopped it for 2 days. I'm fine now. The fact that I could stop for 2 days (and more), shows me my self control. I have self control. I just feel all these ideas actually came when I'm on Vyvanse. Had I been focusing on chemistry, I would have put Vyvanse to good use rather than focusing on the unimportant things.

I'm not sure if people understand that amphetamines are meant to make one focus and not make one be on a socializing and or mingling situation. It's called "speed" for a reason to speed one up and not be on a slow paced situation that goes on during "mingling".

This whole post is evidence you shouldn't be around women. You're going to really screw with that poor girl's heart. Either suck it up and live your life, and let yourself love, or be alone. There is no in between, and to attempt to do so, when you know you don't want to, is not only irresponsible, but is immoral. Btw, all these drugs are going to have consequences, so if you think you have problems now, enjoy what comes next. Amphetamines cause massive downregulation and adrenal problems, can induce anxiety disorders in some people, as well as other great stuff. Even if used responsibly it's similar to a few month meth binge after a few years of semi-frequent weekly amphetamine usage, even at prescribed dosage. SSRIs can cause all sorts of great stuff like suicidal ideation, sexual dysfunction, dysphoria, impotence, etc.

Someone had said learn some self control, and I agree.

Or ignore it, and be a slave to drugs your whole life instead of the master of yourself. Which would you prefer?

The people here generally want to use things as medicine to be better versions of themselves, or to cure/treat real illnesses. You're trying to lobotomize yourself, what are you thinking?

This may seem rude, but it's intended to snap you out of it and give you some perspective for your own good.

Edited by eon, 16 June 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#64 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

A mention of naltrexone on the article below:

Drug combination highlights potential new depression treatment

http://medicalxpress...depression.html

"The team at Bath found that using a combination of buprenorphine (a painkiller used post-surgery) and naltrexone (a drug used for treating addiction) produced antidepressant-like responses in mice."

"This drug combination targets a different pathway in the brain so could offer hope for those for whom the SSRIs don't work."

"Buprenorphine reduces the patient's response to stress by blocking a receptor in the brain called the kappa opioid receptor. However it also stimulates a related receptor called the mu opioid receptor which could cause addictive effects if taken long term or used by depressed patients."

"To counter this, the researchers used the anti-addiction drug naltrexone, which blocks the mu receptor. They found for the first time that in mice this combination gave an antidepressant effect."

Oh and another study below shows that naltrexone may also have potential in treating methamphetamine addiction, in case I fall in that path.

Researchers identify a potentially effective treatment for methamphetamine addiction

http://medicalxpress...ion.html#inlRlv

haven't tested this myself, but i've heard that naltrexone, the opiod antagonist, does this. it makes sense. it is easily available from the usual internet sources.

Edited by eon, 16 June 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#65 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

You may have missed the whole thread. The meds I take are intended to make me better. My Vyvanse is prescription as prescribed to me not street bought. The fact that the girl liked me I seem to have made it go into my head too much. It made me focus on it too much. I know it's the Vyvanse. So I stopped it for 2 days. I'm fine now. The fact that I could stop for 2 days (and more), shows me my self control. I have self control. I just feel all these ideas actually came when I'm on Vyvanse. Had I been focusing on chemistry, I would have put Vyvanse to good use rather than focusing on the unimportant things.

I'm not sure if people understand that amphetamines are meant to make one focus and not make one be on a socializing and or mingling situation. It's called "speed" for a reason to speed one up and not be on a slow paced situation that goes on during "mingling".

This whole post is evidence you shouldn't be around women. You're going to really screw with that poor girl's heart. Either suck it up and live your life, and let yourself love, or be alone. There is no in between, and to attempt to do so, when you know you don't want to, is not only irresponsible, but is immoral. Btw, all these drugs are going to have consequences, so if you think you have problems now, enjoy what comes next. Amphetamines cause massive downregulation and adrenal problems, can induce anxiety disorders in some people, as well as other great stuff. Even if used responsibly it's similar to a few month meth binge after a few years of semi-frequent weekly amphetamine usage, even at prescribed dosage. SSRIs can cause all sorts of great stuff like suicidal ideation, sexual dysfunction, dysphoria, impotence, etc.

Or ignore it, and be a slave to drugs your whole life instead of the master of yourself. Which would you prefer?

The people here generally want to use things as medicine to be better versions of themselves, or to cure/treat real illnesses. You're trying to lobotomize yourself, what are you thinking?

This may seem rude, but it's intended to snap you out of it and give you some perspective for your own good.

A lot of people on this site, are trying to fix the damage amphetamines did to them. Street/Prescribed doesn't matter, and you missed the part where I mentioned 'as prescribed'. You will either always depend on them, or they will stop working and destroy your health.

Amphetamines don't promote positive long term changes, they're not medication, they're drugs. Things like NSI-189 are medications, since they work with the body/brain to cause lasting positive changes. Amphetamines just cover up symptoms. That's not making a better you, that's temporarily using performance enhancing drugs to fill a hole, that eventually digs you deeper.

Edited by HappyShoe, 16 June 2015 - 09:32 PM.

• Agree x 1

#66 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

Jep, better to improve the homeostasis so that the brain has the recources and balances it out on it self.

Provided this doesnt cause any side effects

• Agree x 1

#67 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:39 AM

This is closer to what I really wanted to say the first time around.  Thanks.

• like x 1

#68 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

Yes, I know I know.

I think all these ideas are coming from Vyvanse actually, even though I may already have these ideas to begin with but Vyvanse is making me hyperfocus to come up with these "ideas".

So I stopped taking Vyvanse for 2 days now. I feel OK and actually I seem to have forgotten about her. In other words, Vyvanse was making me focus on shit NOT even worth focusing on. In other words, this drug is wonderful if I would simply open up a book and read. It would make me focus on more important things rather than focusing on "her". I shall try a higher dose of Vyvanse in a week or so just to see if my self control becomes better AFTER I'll let things cool off with her in a positive way. 

Someone told me that Vyvanse in the first month I will get very high off it and to avoid chasing the high. I think all these ideas within these thread is me "high" without even realizing it. I wasn't out of it, just hyperfocused on what the topic of this thread is.

I feel as if Vyvanse vanished my hesitations though considering before I wouldn't pop 2 pills of 500mg Lysine. The past 2 days, I'm able to pop 4-5 pills of 500mg Lysine without hesitation. I think this is actually helping with my anxiety. 

Good.  You really did come off as hypomanic for a minute there.  Keep the lysine going, but just one thing about the lysine: if you start feeling some oddness or pressure in your abdomen or your lower back, stop the lysine for a few weeks then get back on it.  This is what I do, I'll keep taking the lysine until I get that sensation, usually for about a month, then cycle off, then back on a few weeks later.  Known side effects of extended moderate-to-high lysine dosage including gallstones and hypercalcemia.

#69 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

Double post

Edited by Duchykins, 17 June 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#70 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:07 AM

I appreciate the input. Although some people here also have "damage" done to them from long term use of nootropics, I think any drug used without cycling off can be detrimental. I have been off Vyvanse for a few days now and I actually feel better as if the amphetamine has "waken" me up. In other words, cycling drugs/medications should be practiced by everyone. It's like "fasting" with medications/drugs. Understand I was on Vyvanse for about 2 months straight. That's like being on phenylpiracetam for that long and you will get as sick I think. I've used phenylpiracetam before 2x a week and it was great. I think with amphetamines using it daily can be bad because some days are good some days are bad, and when bad days come my way when on amphetamine, the emotions tend to be a lot stronger. When I'm in a good mood, it's euphoria, when I'm in a bad mood it's dysphoria. It's hard to avoid bad days because I don't know what shitty people throws at me to ruin my day. Oh and the propranolol I've recently used seem to help out block any norepinephrine I may have in excess.

The fact that doctors recommend to take these medications like Vyvanse daily is because they want the pharmaceutical companies wallets fat. No wonder why some people wonder why their meds do not work it's because in my opinion it needs to be cycled on and off for it to be "reset" and avoid tolerance. I've always cycled nootropics which is why I decided to cycle amphetamines from now on. I had asked my doc if I could use Vyvanse only when needed, he said no. In my opinion I can do whatever I want with it, take it when I need the focus, get off it if I'm feeling a but like a lunatic. I think I know better.

Don't forget amphetamines are life changing if one knows how and when to use them. It's to be used when one needs the focus, it's to be avoided if one is going through some unnecessary headache like dealing with a dumb bitch.

A lot of people on this site, are trying to fix the damage amphetamines did to them. Street/Prescribed doesn't matter, and you missed the part where I mentioned 'as prescribed'. You will either always depend on them, or they will stop working and destroy your health.

Amphetamines don't promote positive long term changes, they're not medication, they're drugs. Things like NSI-189 are medications, since they work with the body/brain to cause lasting positive changes. Amphetamines just cover up symptoms. That's not making a better you, that's temporarily using performance enhancing drugs to fill a hole, that eventually digs you deeper.

Edited by eon, 17 June 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#71 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

I can already tell you that ritalin changed my life.  I was never diagnosed with ADHD but recently people that have evaluated me are inclined to think Asperger's/ASD.  This changed my treatment hugely.  Before, it was assumed that I was depressed with generalized anxiety, or PTSD, or auditory processing disorder, and in order for me to be able to be calm in class, not have a shutdown in class (and not leave the class to avoid meltdown), I was to take sedatives.  I resisted benzos for a loooong time and by the time I finally gave in to using lorazepam, it helped a little with anxiety but not with sensory issues, which is the real problem.  It's not auditory but visual as well.  I still couldn't focus very much, didn't "hear" what the instructor was saying, when shutdown begins I have trouble reading and even speaking (when in group tasks like in chem lab).  Various anxiolytic substances (prescription and OTC) had little effect on that.  

I began relying almost entirely on my smartpen (Livescribe Echo pen, which is AMAZING) to learn anything from class.  Actually, if the school didn't loan those out to students with disabilities, I wouldn't have passed any classes that particular semester when I was in the middle of autistic burnout.  I ended up dropping about $200 for my own Livescribe pen and paper because I immediately saw what a valuable tool it is.

One day when I was telling the doc yet again that the ativan wasn't helping enough in class, he said "let's try something different" and gave me adderall.  I was afraid to take it because I know what amphetamines can do to the brain's dopamine system but didn't really have any choice at that point because I felt I was in danger of losing my As in chem, math and logic classes.

I now know what that "dirty" feeling people sometimes describe when they talk about adderall.  My reactions to it were unpredictable; one day it could be as close to perfect as a drug could be and allow me to "ignore" the things most people don't even realize are happening around them, and have a completely stress-free day at school effortlessly keeping up with the class.  The next day it could make me edgy and irritable, or worse.  Sometimes it would trigger a migraine.   I let this go on for about a month before I went back to the doc and asked to try ritalin instead because its mechanism is so different from the amphetamines.  I cannot believe how effective it is.  I am calm, not high, more reflective (I can take the hyperfocus I can always settle into at home outside the house which still just blows me away), have easier access to memory and speech when in public, not hurried or stressed, I am still much more aware of my surroundings than neurotypicals but not often to the point of overstimulation, and I can function nearly 90% in a laboratory context.  And it doesn't trigger migraines.  Clean focus, but without hyperfocus unless it's one of my special interests.  I still often have to use noise-canceling earbuds + music during exams though but that's fine.

Edited by Duchykins, 17 June 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#72 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

Buddy, I wrote specifically, many times (as prescribed) and you keep ignoring it. Myself and many others had only used it only 'as needed'. The problem is, after a few years of that, it takes its toll on you. My psychiatrist at the time wanted me to take it every day, and I refused to. I took it maybe 3 days a week at most, sometimes 1 or 2, with breaks off during summer. 20mg per day. It continued like that for 4-5 years, and now it has been over 3 years since, and my DHEA is critically low, my aldosterone and cortisol are borderline low, and I have constant fatigue and sleep disturbances I never had. This is me in a 'recovered' state too, there was a long period of time in which I had gastritis and anxiety problems because of that shit, but I fixed myself with a drastic life overall and many treatments which have permanently abolished the other negative side effects from the initial treatment. Now I haven't taken anything in a long time, I don't even have caffeine, I don't have sugar, etc. I have been exercising pretty regularly for a few months, eat fruit and vegetables, take strong stomach acid resistant probiotics and prebiotic fiber such as resistant starch and bimuno galacto-oligosaccharides. Healthy fats, like high quality fish oil, Chia seeds, olive/avocado oil. Grass fed beef, chicken, and whey protein. Still have crippled adrenals. I used to feel high on life all the time before I took that poison, I got a 1470 out of 1600 on my SATs, I never got lower than a 90 on any test or essay in my life without studying, I never had any allergies(now they're unbearable), and I used to feel so good in my body that it was like being on amphetamines but sustainable and sober. No history of similar issues in my family, extended family, etc. and our medical records for our family are very complete. These all are linked to adrenal stress, the cause is clear, the blood work is plain as day.

#73 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

20 mg a day is a lot.  I'm not saying you went crazy with it because you certainly did not.  Doc gave me 20 mg tablets which I immediately knew was too much for me, and my knowledge of the ADHD stims hasn't changed since that initial prescription.   I chopped them up with a pill cutter and restricted myself to no more than 5 mg a day with adderall.  One thing that a lot of doctors tend not to pay attention to is whether or not a dose is triggering euphoric or "good" feelings, and lowering the dose if it does.  Doses that are enough to make someone actually feel good (irrespective of their performance) vary widely with patients so this should be monitored.  Subeuphoric doses are optimal.  Still, I think adderall and vynase are vastly inferior to ritalin and should not be tried before ritalin which, as a NDRI only, has a mechanism no riskier than wellbutrin's (which I've been taking for nearly 2 years).  

I actually recently stopped taking fish oil to see if it's causing my petechiae. :(  In my daily stack there are three things that are likely causes; coQ10, ginger/turmeric blend, and fish oil (low EPA with DPA).  Funny thing is my body doesn't seem to have noticed that I stopped.  

Edited by Duchykins, 17 June 2015 - 09:52 PM.

#74 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

Well, I started at 5, then 10, then 15, but after years it becomes less effective. Yea, I wish they had put me on wellbutrin right from the start. I tried ritalin once, it made me feel like I was on a ton of caffeine. I'm sensitive to norepinephrine related side effects.

Edited by HappyShoe, 18 June 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#75 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

Well, I started at 5, then 10, then 15, but after years it becomes less effective. Yea, I wish they had put me on wellbutrin right from the start. I tried ritalin once, it made me feel like I was on a ton of caffeine. I'm sensitive to norepinephrine related side effects.

Yeah me too, and the same thing happened on and off with wellbutrin.  I already knew I had this history of rage on wellbutrin (most of it was caused by the generic I was taking, it was manufactured by one of the companies that got busted by the FDA for making the SR tablets release the drug too quickly, triggering anxiety and irritation in a lot of people) and I feared adding ritalin would bring the anger back (which is really my response to anxiety; in fight or flight mode I tend default to fight which is not exactly a good thing), the same fear I had with adderall, so I watched myself closely.

So the norepinephrine side effects start kicking in around 2 hours after taking ritalin (5 mg, nonextended release), or so it just seems to me.  I've found that it's best to stagger my wellbutrin and ritalin doses several hours apart, and then take around 200 mg theanine 1.5 hours later, along with some potassium, taurine 500mg, GABA 500mg, tryptophan 500mg.  Sometimes eat a handful of spinach (my go-to snack food).  I'll also switch up the theanine with .5 mg ativan or 100 mg phenibut or 25mg picamilon, I just rotate this shit around but often theanine is best in general and ativan is best when the irritation is strong.  I might be cutting out the phenibut though when my supply runs out because even 100 mg can have a nasty comedown that I get with none of the other anxiolytics.

I usually don't tell people what take because they don't understand anything about being a migraineur and get all sanctimonious on me like I'm in danger of getting hooked or screwing my brain up.  It will never happen.  My migraines began when I was 21, nearly 12 years ago, and since then I've learned more about the brain, its neurotransmitters, and legal drugs than most can imagine simply because I have a very very strong drive to control migraine and you cannot do that without insane hours of research.  I've honestly think I've forgotten more than what most around here know about this stuff.  

The migraine brain is hypersensitive to change.  Nearly any kind of change but the threshold can vary day-to-day.  I've always been able to easily resist addiction for two reasons:  

1) I low dose nearly everything to test the waters, if any drug triggers migraines, or if any drug triggers a migraine on the comedown, I drop it like a hot potato.  I do not ever increase the dose of anything if it seems to losing its effectiveness and risk additional downregulation which can easily put me in migraine hell.

2) I rely on sumatriptan to kill migraines.  I'm only allowed 12 tablets a month, or 6 nasal sprays a month (I do tablets only now).  Drugs used to abort migraines should not be used more than a few times a week without risking triggering even more intractable rebound migraines (medication overuse headaches).  Triptans especially should not be used this way.  Additionally, if you run out of your script before the month is up, you are fucked until you can get your refill (this is why I began looking into supplements to prevent migraine, because before I did this I was constantly running out within 2-3 weeks).  My sumatriptan use must be spaced out, my migraines triaged to see if I should take a dose now or hold off and hope it's gone by the next day.  I'm actually pretty good at resisting the strong impulses to take a triptan when I should abstain.  And stay in pain and be miserable until the time is right or the migraine worsens and completely incapacitates me.  That is true willpower.  I think I might even get off on it some small pathetic way by feeling powerful and proud of myself.  Like anorexics and their absurd power tripping over how much control it takes to resist impulses to eat.

Resisting desires to take more and then more of the "feel good" substances is a fucking cakewalk by comparison.  It's nothing, it's effortless, it's laughable.  I think that's the primary reason I tend to have a low opinion of people who lose control of taking their meds; I don't understand how they lost their willpower.  It's not fair of me to see things that way but I don't think I can fix that particular flaw in myself.

I'm sorry if my blathering offended anyone.

• like x 1

#76 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

Ever considered this? http://reset.me/pers...ster-headaches/
I've always wondered if they could stop migraines permanently, or even semi-permanently.

#77 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

gotcha. just to be clear, what was it that you were on exactly? I saw below that you mentioned something about Ritalin. Ritalin is NOT an amphetamine. Also, as with anything, NOTHING good lasts forever so any negative outcomes, be prepared for it. That's also what the purpose of this thread is just to be as open as possible on how I'm feeling and I shall conquer it. So you were on Ritalin? Vyvanse is the safest of all amphetamines which is what I'm on. Everyone I know who were diagnosed with ADHD warned me to avoid Ritalin and or Adderall XR (extended release). These drugs may make one NOT feel like themselves while Vyvanse still can make one feel like themselves. There had to be other drugs and or life challenges that came your way, which I think contributed to your conclusion of your experience with whatever drug you were on. As I have mentioned before any life experiences that happens/will happen can affect one when one is on certain drugs. I could have had the same reaction as I have described on this thread had I been on SSRIs or lithium, it just happens to be an amphetamine. In other words, any drugs could have given me another reaction, just happens Vyvanse was the one I was on. In fact, my original prescription drugs over 10 years ago was Seroquel and Zoloft and I was more wild when on it! With Vyvanse, I feel my "wildness" seem to be inhibited. I just wanted to talk about how I'm feeling when I started this "stupid" thread but now I'm at peace with myself and at peace with the girl since I had a talk with her and since I got some different perspectives from all of you here. Thank you! I just want to be in total control and could use some different views other than my own.

Buddy, I wrote specifically, many times (as prescribed) and you keep ignoring it. Myself and many others had only used it only 'as needed'. The problem is, after a few years of that, it takes its toll on you. My psychiatrist at the time wanted me to take it every day, and I refused to. I took it maybe 3 days a week at most, sometimes 1 or 2, with breaks off during summer. 20mg per day. It continued like that for 4-5 years, and now it has been over 3 years since, and my DHEA is critically low, my aldosterone and cortisol are borderline low, and I have constant fatigue and sleep disturbances I never had. This is me in a 'recovered' state too, there was a long period of time in which I had gastritis and anxiety problems because of that shit, but I fixed myself with a drastic life overall and many treatments which have permanently abolished the other negative side effects from the initial treatment. Now I haven't taken anything in a long time, I don't even have caffeine, I don't have sugar, etc. I have been exercising pretty regularly for a few months, eat fruit and vegetables, take strong stomach acid resistant probiotics and prebiotic fiber such as resistant starch and bimuno galacto-oligosaccharides. Healthy fats, like high quality fish oil, Chia seeds, olive/avocado oil. Grass fed beef, chicken, and whey protein. Still have crippled adrenals. I used to feel high on life all the time before I took that poison, I got a 1470 out of 1600 on my SATs, I never got lower than a 90 on any test or essay in my life without studying, I never had any allergies(now they're unbearable), and I used to feel so good in my body that it was like being on amphetamines but sustainable and sober. No history of similar issues in my family, extended family, etc. and our medical records for our family are very complete. These all are linked to adrenal stress, the cause is clear, the blood work is plain as day.

Edited by eon, 18 June 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#78 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

I've always wondered if they could stop migraines permanently, or even semi-permanently.

I cant describe it accurately but I had headaches 10 years ago. When eating garlic or too much coffee, I got them but also without any reason.

Aspirine and weed relieved it transiently but LSD forever (thankfully didnt got any side effects)

It begun when I quit dope cold turkey + lots of stress. Still cant get figure out the reason behind, started to smoke dope after a half year again but it didnt reversed it.

Edited by Flex, 18 June 2015 - 02:25 PM.

#79 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

I've read about that before, yeah.  And LSD.  LSD was actually discovered by a guy trying to make something to kill migraines.  But cluster headaches are different from classic migraine (with aura), common migraine (without aura), hemiplegic migraine, ocular migraine.  Clusters are very difficult to treat with oxygen typically being the only relief for many (even triptans give inconsistent results with clusters).  Their mechanisms are different, they don't even seem to be true migraines.  While I used to consider suicide or stabbing something into my eye during a migraine and actually did have a few episodes of cutting my arms to distract from the head pain, I'm not quite sure I get clusters.  I do know that I get two distinct types of pain and two different sets of neurological symptoms, and one set is sort of like cluster symptoms because the pain is centered immediately behind my right eyeball and it is typically the worst pain I get. But the other set is definitely classic/common migraine.

I tried cannabis a few times years ago in the early days, but the migraine was only temporarily diminished while the pot left me with anxiety attacks.

What I'm doing right now has really changed my life, it's not a perfect system but I have a lot more freedom now, quality of life is hugely improved. 

#80 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

gotcha. just to be clear, what was it that you were on exactly? I saw below that you mentioned something about Ritalin. Ritalin is NOT an amphetamine. Also, as with anything, NOTHING good lasts forever so any negative outcomes, be prepared for it. That's also what the purpose of this thread is just to be as open as possible on how I'm feeling and I shall conquer it. So you were on Ritalin? Vyvanse is the safest of all amphetamines which is what I'm on. Everyone I know who were diagnosed with ADHD warned me to avoid Ritalin and or Adderall XR (extended release). These drugs may make one NOT feel like themselves while Vyvanse still can make one feel like themselves. There had to be other drugs and or life challenges that came your way, which I think contributed to your conclusion of your experience with whatever drug you were on. As I have mentioned before any life experiences that happens/will happen can affect one when one is on certain drugs. I could have had the same reaction as I have described on this thread had I been on SSRIs or lithium, it just happens to be an amphetamine. In other words, any drugs could have given me another reaction, just happens Vyvanse was the one I was on. In fact, my original prescription drugs over 10 years ago was Seroquel and Zoloft and I was more wild when on it! With Vyvanse, I feel my "wildness" seem to be inhibited. I just wanted to talk about how I'm feeling when I started this "stupid" thread but now I'm at peace with myself and at peace with the girl since I had a talk with her and since I got some different perspectives from all of you here. Thank you! I just want to be in total control and could use some different views other than my own.

I'm glad you're doing better now.

Vyvnase is just a prodrug to lysine + dextroamphetamine.  I don't think it's that special.  I'm not saying it's bullshit though, so don't get me wrong.

#81 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

I cant describe it accurately but I had headaches 10 years ago. When eating garlic or too much coffee, I got them but also without any reason.

Aspirine and weed relieved it transiently but LSD forever (thankfully didnt got any side effects)

It begun when I quit dope cold turkey + lots of stress. Still cant get figure out the reason behind, started to smoke dope after a half year again but it didnt reversed it.

Sounds like a dopamine crash, this can easily trigger some nasty "random" headaches in some, possibly due to glutamate running amuck (dopamine regulates glutamate, extracellular glutamate is a major factor in migraine.  It's why wellbutrin is the only prescription that ever decreased migraine attacks for me).  And/or lowered norepinephrine.  So can garlic and excessive caffeine.  All three are known migraine triggers.

Edited by Duchykins, 18 June 2015 - 03:47 PM.

• like x 1

#82 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

cool, thanks

Edited by Flex, 18 June 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#83 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:56 AM

Yep it was a combo of being whipped while on Vyvanse. All is well now. Maybe the zinc or b vitamins had something to do with it as well but I can't find any link between vitamins and amphetamine use. If I ever feel like this again, I'll simply taper off the Vyvanse.

I'm glad you're doing better now.

Vyvnase is just a prodrug to lysine + dextroamphetamine.  I don't think it's that special.  I'm not saying it's bullshit though, so don't get me wrong.

#84 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

How did the migraines come about? Psilocybin mushrooms are known to cure cluster headaches. Not sure what the actual cause of it since I've never had one and haven't looked into it much, but my past favorite nootropic called Vinpocetine is also known to cure cluster headaches as well as tinnitus and many other things. It was one of the first nootropics I have ever tried so it's a special one in my heart. Right now I have no need for it but a bottle of it is in my cabinet just in case. Try Vinpocetine and report back here when your headache is gone!

I've read about that before, yeah.  And LSD.  LSD was actually discovered by a guy trying to make something to kill migraines.  But cluster headaches are different from classic migraine (with aura), common migraine (without aura), hemiplegic migraine, ocular migraine.  Clusters are very difficult to treat with oxygen typically being the only relief for many (even triptans give inconsistent results with clusters).  Their mechanisms are different, they don't even seem to be true migraines.  While I used to consider suicide or stabbing something into my eye during a migraine and actually did have a few episodes of cutting my arms to distract from the head pain, I'm not quite sure I get clusters.  I do know that I get two distinct types of pain and two different sets of neurological symptoms, and one set is sort of like cluster symptoms because the pain is centered immediately behind my right eyeball and it is typically the worst pain I get. But the other set is definitely classic/common migraine.

I tried cannabis a few times years ago in the early days, but the migraine was only temporarily diminished while the pot left me with anxiety attacks.

What I'm doing right now has really changed my life, it's not a perfect system but I have a lot more freedom now, quality of life is hugely improved. 

Edited by eon, 19 June 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#85 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

I wasn't on Ritalin. I started on Adderall XR, then switched to Dexedrine(Dextroamphetamine) because it's more dopamine selective, less norepinephrine. (Adderall is levoamphetamine which is the opposite, mixed with dextroamphetamine). Vyvanse isn't 'safe' it's just harder to abuse, it's Dextroamphetamine bound to lysine so it has to go through the stomach to work, meaning it can't be insufflated(snorted). It ends up being Dextroamphetamine time release, which is pretty much the exact same thing I was taking.

Drugs give 'reactions' based on what they do, it's not that coincidental.

Glad you worked things out, that's what I was hoping for. You definitely needed a human solution, not a chemical one. Congrats m8.

#86 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:11 PM

If you're going to take amphetamines, the only 'safe' way to do so, is once in a blue moon. Meaning, if you have a final exam, or something, and then don't take them for months. Also, make sure you regularly take a bioavailable form of magnesium on an empty stomach, without animal proteins, vitamin D, or calcium within 2 hours of doing so. It also helps to have mild NMDA antagonism, which is one reason the magnesium helps, but also perhaps 600mg of N-Acetyl-Cysteine(which can be taken with the magnesium, since it must also be on an empty stomach), since it also is a mild NMDA antagonist. Helps to supplement with B vitamins too, particularly pantothenic acid(pantothine preferably). Should also probably take Vitamin D during the day time(since at night it can interfere with sleep).

#87 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

I'd prefer both human and chemical solution. Not sure how you figured dexedrine is more dopamine selective and less norepinephrine when both neurotransmitter exist in equal amounts which is why I think amphetamines are mostly a norepinephrine/dopamine releaser. I'm not sure if there's a point in me switching from Vyvanse to Dexedrine, other than the latter NOT having any lysine but just straight dextroamphetamine.

I wasn't on Ritalin. I started on Adderall XR, then switched to Dexedrine(Dextroamphetamine) because it's more dopamine selective, less norepinephrine. (Adderall is levoamphetamine which is the opposite, mixed with dextroamphetamine). Vyvanse isn't 'safe' it's just harder to abuse, it's Dextroamphetamine bound to lysine so it has to go through the stomach to work, meaning it can't be insufflated(snorted). It ends up being Dextroamphetamine time release, which is pretty much the exact same thing I was taking.

Drugs give 'reactions' based on what they do, it's not that coincidental.

Glad you worked things out, that's what I was hoping for. You definitely needed a human solution, not a chemical one. Congrats m8.

I still wonder why on drugs.com there seem to be moderate interaction with vitamin D and calcium when on Vyvanse. I think calcium alkalizes amphetamine as much as sodium bicarbonate does. Not sure but I like your suggestions I'd just have to look what the interactions are if it's good or bad. Magnesium and the B vitamins I've been taking. 

If you're going to take amphetamines, the only 'safe' way to do so, is once in a blue moon. Meaning, if you have a final exam, or something, and then don't take them for months. Also, make sure you regularly take a bioavailable form of magnesium on an empty stomach, without animal proteins, vitamin D, or calcium within 2 hours of doing so. It also helps to have mild NMDA antagonism, which is one reason the magnesium helps, but also perhaps 600mg of N-Acetyl-Cysteine(which can be taken with the magnesium, since it must also be on an empty stomach), since it also is a mild NMDA antagonist. Helps to supplement with B vitamins too, particularly pantothenic acid(pantothine preferably). Should also probably take Vitamin D during the day time(since at night it can interfere with sleep).

#88 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/18557129

#89 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Actually, it seems regular use of amphetamines seem to have a lot of possible long-term beneficial effects that are rather surprising and counterintuitive, at list within those who have ADHD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23178911
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23247506
http://bit.ly/1FueZTV
http://archpsyc.jama...ticleid=1485446

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 21 June 2015 - 10:54 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 eon

• Topic Starter
  • 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Paul Erdos would know. Adolf Hitler would know (bad example). No one can really "test" for ADHD as far as blood test go, it's just what the symptoms are if it's all there then one may lack executive function (lack of dopamine) therefore one must supplement it with a dopamine releaser (amphetamine). I would assume if one doesn't have ADHD, supplementing with amphetamine could still do wonders. It should double one's "drive". Not like there's a test to determine one is ADHD, just saying, one could use more dopamine with stimulants other than just Starbucks.

Actually, it seems regular use of amphetamines seem to have a lot of possible long-term beneficial effects that are rather surprising and counterintuitive, at list within those who have ADHD.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23178911
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23247506
http://bit.ly/1FueZTV
http://archpsyc.jama...ticleid=1485446

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: love, oxytocin, neurotransmitter, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users