B complex nasal spray experiment

nasal spray nasal spray b complex

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan1976

Dan1976
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

I've been playing around with nasal administration lately. Nasal administration makes it easier for water-soluble substances to bypass the blood-brain-barrier and reach high concentrations into the brain.

TurboSnort is a caffeine nasal spray. The product does not work, unfortunately - because the dosage is very low. It is a homeopathic spray, I didn't know that when I bought it. Also, the liquid contains something very minty and it feels bad in the nose.

I have opened the TurboSnort spray by unscrewing it (it's very easy), threw away the remaining content, washed it very carefully and then I have put GNC B Liquid Complex, then sprayed 4 times, 2 in each nostril.

Surprisingly, this didn't hurt. Perhaps because the GNC Liquid B Complex is NOT minty like most nasal sprays.

The result was a short lived rush on the skin of my head and a bit of increased awareness. Not very spectacular, but it's clear that this route of administration works.

After 30 minutes or so I have tried to spray again. This time, the nostrils hurt like hell.

It is clear to me that spraying B complex damages the nasal mucous. Perhaps with a different composition of B complex this could be done safer (the liquid I used has a light red color and a sweet taste).

Other possible dangers of administering substances by insufflation:

- depending on the composition of the liquid, you could feed local bacteria or fungi and get or aggravate a sinusitis

- the liquid itself could contain some harmful bacteria, or grow some if it doesn't contain preservative

- damage to the nasal mucous and septum

Other things that could be interesting:

- make a true caffeine spray, capable of delivering 25 mg of caffeine (from my research on the web I think it's enough)

- B12 methylcobalamin spray

- modafinil

I could perhaps use a true caffeine spray as a "turbo boost" button once per month (in order not to risk damage to the nose mucosa).

#2 Steve Zissou

Steve Zissou
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

You can already buy some b12 nasal sprays for around $10 or so on iherb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nasal, spray, nasal spray, b complex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users