-->
  • Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

do any of these supplements cause nose bleeds?

vitamin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ironfistx

ironfistx
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

The stuff I've been taking daily includes NAC, Alcar, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Astaxanthin, Zinc, Vitamin C.  I'm taking smallish doses and have taken those before and not had any issues.

A couple days ago I started taking vitamin K and K2, which I've taken before, creatine which was a very small dose, like 1/5 of the normal dose, and a day or so ago I took 150mg of pycnogenol which I have taken before but not all at the same serving in response to someone saying they noticed mental benefits from it.  This morning I'm checking a forum and my nose started bleeding.  Later this evening it started bleeding quite a bit.  I figure it probably wasn't the first stuff I described, vitamin K doesn't sound like it would cause nose bleeds, but i'm pretty sure pycnogenol is like aspirin so maybe it thins the blood?  Creatine could I guess but I only took a small dose.

#2 airplanepeanuts

airplanepeanuts
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

Pycnogenol might be blood thinning, but not particularly strong in my experience and according to a quick google search.

Maybe you have a similar reaction to the K2 like this guy (Assuming you are talking about mk7)

http://www.longecity...ssive-bleeding/

Personally I didn't get nose bleeds from mk7 but I had a negative reaction: felt unwell and sleep was bad.

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users