A forgotten peptide: MIF-1 and its potential for treating Depression

anxietydepression antidepressent mif-1 stress melanocortin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Donald Trumpet

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:31 PM

You can read all about it in a post I made on Reddit: https://www.reddit.c..._potential_for/

Apparently, This peptide (MIF-1) may have huge potential as an antidepressant. It was studied in the past and even went through clinical trials but never made it as a treatment because it can't be patented. From the small-scale studies I read, it appears it may even outperform drugs such as Ketamine or Ayahuasca.

I think this is definitely something that should be looked into more.

• Good Point x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2 Voulezvous

• 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:10 AM

Wow. I read the studies and the Reddit thread. I’m very interested!
There are a couple source links in the thread. Phoenix Pharmaceuticals Inc. phoenixpeptide.com looks easy enough to work with, ordering-wise. Do you know if MIF-1 comes in powder form, or liquid?

Edited by Voulezvous, 16 March 2018 - 03:36 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Voulezvous

• 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

What do you suppose the difference is between these two?

[Tyr0, Typ2]- Melanocyte Inhibiting Factor 1 (MIF-1)
[Tyr0]- Melanocyte Inhibiting Factor 1 (MIF-1)

[Tyr0, Typ2] vs [Tyr0]

Do you know what it means?

#4 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

Those are different peptides that are closely related to MIF-1. They might have similar actions to MIF-1 but they have not gone through clinical trials for depression like MIF-1 - (melanocyte-stimulating hormone release-inhibiting factor-1).

Do you know if MIF-1 comes in powder form, or liquid?

It comes as a powder. According to the studies the peptide has a U-shaped response curve so taking too much or too little could make it ineffective. The Oral dose is 60mg for a week and the subcutaneous dose is 10mg for a week. The study using subcutaneous injection showed the most promising results so I would suggest going that route.

There is actually a guy who is already experiencing with MIF-1 on Reddit: https://www.reddit.c...un_anyone_else/ 

He is actually taking it orally and he seems to be responding very well to it.

Here is what he wrote:

Day 1 - "My baseline happiness also seems to be elevated"

Day 3 - "My stress response seems strongly buffered - things that ticked me off in the past do not trigger adrenaline as strongly as before. It has a strong antidepressant effect after 3 days, and my readiness to engage in human touch is greater... Somewhat disorienting when feeling anxious has been a part of your personality for a long time."

Day 4 - "I have a very quick very very good response - I'll make a post soon."

Day 5 - "Has been a gamechanger for me. On a level with aya or 5-MeO-DMT in changing personality, just without the epic psychoactive effects."

So yea, this looks really exciting. I think this is something really big.

Are you planning to try it?

Edited by Donald Trumpet, 16 March 2018 - 12:23 PM.

#5 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:15 PM

This is me from the reddit post - I'll be doing a long answer soon.

But from my initial results, it acts as a prosocial antidepressant. IMHO, it would be perfect for people who had a rough early childhood/maternal deprivation or chronic stress from trauma, and for helping people with bad attachment styles.

Acute dosage seems stronger than off the cycle, so I am doing another 250mg orally soon to increase permanency.

#6 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

Wow, this is fascinating. It's becoming well known that having a good social network is one of the strongest positive predictors of both mental and physical health in the long-term. Maybe that's why MIF-1 performed so well in those studies.

I look forward to hearing your long answer soon.

#7 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

By the way, did you feel something strong on the first time? and if so, how much did you take? Why do you think a large dose of 250mg will be effective when the studies showed them to not be?

#8 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

Sorry, I meant to write a 250mg cycle. The first one I did was 62,5mg, then 50mg, then 3x37,5mg and then 25mg.

A larger induction dose, then a bit less. As in the reddit post 60mg was the smallest oral dose, with the author speculating that even smaller ones would be more towards the middle of the dose-response curve.

Now I'll be doing 50mg, then 5*40mg, also with my mom who was socially deprived when she was young. I am really looking forward to the results.

Yes, I noticed it in half an hour. I just started a new cycle, and it is stimulatory. One of the studies found that MIF-1 raises dopamine and norepinephrine (https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/6122214). That might explain some of my enthusiastic response, but I think this release is only acute i.e. nonpermanent, as the motivating effects of the peptide seemed to wane with coming of the cycle. That might be a bit disappointing as I expected the response to be mediated by hormonal pathways which could change their function permanently, and not just mediated by the release of monoamines.

#9 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Very interesting, I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing from more people who are trying MIF-1. I actually just got some myself (1 gram) and I will post my experience in about a week. I really hope it helps me with anhedonia and low motivation. Fingers crossed.    

#10 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

I'd be miffed (pun not intended) if the strong effects on the cycle could not be made permanent. MIF-1 sensitizes dopamine receptors, so maybe one could dose lower and lower until sensitization is as strong as the acute effects.

Please report your experiences! I am interest in the contrast oral vs subcutaneous.

EDIT: If MIF-1 has the same difference in bioavailability as f.e. the peptide noopept, a sublingual dose of 3-5mg might be enough.

Edited by theobromananda, 16 March 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#11 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:44 PM

This is me from the reddit post - I'll be doing a long answer soon.

But from my initial results, it acts as a prosocial antidepressant. IMHO, it would be perfect for people who had a rough early childhood/maternal deprivation or chronic stress from trauma, and for helping people with bad attachment styles.

Acute dosage seems stronger than off the cycle, so I am doing another 250mg orally soon to increase permanency.

hmm that might work for me then... divorce of my parents was really stressfull for me when i was 6 years old..

do you think it can help for emotional numbness??, did u have it or have it?

hast du den LINK von der mif-1 kaufseite für  für mich please ;-)

Edited by ThreeKings12341, 16 March 2018 - 06:44 PM.

#12 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

do you think it can help for emotional numbness??

I am also suffering from emotional numbness, I will let you know how it goes (I currently have it) 

#13 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

THX .9

#14 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

Any further experiences with this peptide? I'm very curious about its potential.

#15 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:57 PM

I do not have time or patience to write my long report, but it is very transformatory. 7 days in total have completely changed my relationship towards others and towards myself. No such thing as social anxiety anymore in my world.

#16 Galaxyshock

• 1,466 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Wierd compounds with wierd side effects. Don't be surprised to be back here in few months with a thread about the next wonder drug...

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#17 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Wierd compounds with wierd side effects. Don't be surprised to be back here in few months with a thread about the next wonder drug...

There are no side effects found in the literature, and I have experienced none. This is much better than the violent monoaminergic manipulation used by todays psychiatrists by bounds. It has totally eradicated my social defeat stress, but to each their own, eh.

EDIT: Has done the same to my mother.

Edited by theobromananda, 28 March 2018 - 05:18 PM.

• Informative x 3

#18 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

did it help the emotional numbness?

#19 Donald Trumpet

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

"did it help the emotional numbness?"

Unfortunately, no, not really. My results with this peptide have been really mixed. I did feel a bit better by day 6 and 7 on it but the results did not last. I will keep testing it more. maybe it needs to be dosed differently. I will make another update in the future.  

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#20 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:28 AM

This stuff sounds absolutely amazing for my phenibut-paws induced anhedonia, which involved a lot of stress over an extended period of time. I was so stressed out I could barely eat, constantly felt like I was going to barf and often did when I was going thru tapering/withdrawal, I'm sure that brought about all kinds of bad neuroadaptions in my brain.

Does anyone have any new info/experiences about this stuff by any chance? I was looking into kappa opioid stuff too but it's very hard to find anything that will help there, maybe salvia and/or hesperidin there will be good for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxietydepression, antidepressent, mif-1, stress, melanocortin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users