* * * * * 4 votes

Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) personal experience thread

nmn nicotinamide mononucleotide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
670 replies to this topic

#571 Aak

• 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:20 AM

I’ve been trying to scrool back through to a post on this thread there LawrenceW suggested the optimal dosage per kg of body weight per day but I can’t seem to find it. This thread is huge though, does anyone know the post I’m thinking of?
I’ve been trying to scrool back through to a post on this thread there LawrenceW suggested the optimal dosage per kg of body weight per day but I can’t seem to find it. This thread is huge though, does anyone know the post I’m thinking of?

#572 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

I don't think anyone knows but in 2007 David Sinclair said he was taking 320 mg of resveratrol a day that corresponded to 5 mg/day/kg so he was 64 kg then. He seems about the same size as then so at 65 kg to 70 kg, Sinclair later took 500 mg of NMN a day for 2 or 3 years and last year said he started to take 1,000 mg a day. Sinclair also said three years ago that his father, who looks about the same weight, has been taking 500 mg of NMN a day.

#573 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

The ALIVE by NATURE company changed its NMN powder, not it contains mannitol and other crap. Can anyone recommend another seller?

#574 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:32 PM

The ALIVE by NATURE company changed its NMN powder, not it contains mannitol and other crap. Can anyone recommend another seller?

FWIW this one seems additives-free and reasonably well regarded:
https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B07N7TKQXZ

#575 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

My involvement with NMN began in March 2014 when I assembled a group-buy of 7 males, aged 45 to 69, to begin an 8-month test program of NMN supplementation.  Since that time, that group has grown to over 100 male and female, friends and family. We have tested doses ranging from 40 mgs to 7,200 mgs per day. We have tested capsule, pill, sublingual, and liquid delivery methods of NMN. We have tested single daily dosing to 8-times-per-day dosing. As success parameters we have tracked objective improvements in blood biomarkers. We discovered very early on that the efficacy of NMN-only supplementation dropped substantially after the first 2 months, unless other anti-aging pathways were also activated to create a homeostatic balance within the body. We reacted to new discoveries as they were published. Our past 5 years of testing, combined with our reviews of the hundreds of published studies, has led us to conclude that the current iteration of our NMN formulation provides us the best results with objective improvements in a broad range of blood biomarkers and improvement in biological age as measured by www.aging.ai .

My personal dosing experimentation is as detailed on the attachment:

I am currently 215 pounds so my daily dose of 300 mgs works out to 1.4 mgs per pound or 3 mgs per kg. I take each capsule 1 to 2 hours apart, 7 days a week and try to have taken my last capsule by 3 pm so as to not interfere with my sleep.

Attached Files

Edited by LawrenceW, 01 November 2019 - 07:42 PM.

• Informative x 5
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#576 Chrys

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:54 PM

It's been a while since I last looked at your regime Lawrence. The last time you were taking NMN sublingually and now oral. Why the switch?

Also, in your last entry in the document you posted you say "NMN w/Act/Bio" (under product column). Please elaborate on what activators you are using.

Thanks

Chrys

#577 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:10 PM

It's been a while since I last looked at your regime Lawrence. The last time you were taking NMN sublingually and now oral. Why the switch?

I agree with Michael when he posted this from the Sublingual discussion here: https://www.longecit...-and-nmn/page-4

able, on 13 Mar 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:snapback.png

There is a lot of research on sublingual delivery of other molecules and it is known what is required for a successful sublingual product, and what a typical absorption rate is.

"Yes, and that research would suggest that NMN and NR are poor candidates  ;) . NMN does have a favorable molecular weight (334.22 Da), but it's very hydrophilic, and hydrophilic substances are generally poor candidates for sublingual delivery: they have no ability to cross the mucosal membranes, and while a very small amount may be absorbed instead tend to just dissolve in the saliva and seep down the throat. Instead, good candidates are mildly lipophilic drugs:"

My takeaway from my sublingual experimenting was that the feeling that I was getting more from sublingual was actually due to the numerous mini doses of NMN per day and not because of a supposed cross membrane transport. I have found that taking many small doses spread over the day gives you much better results than one large daily dose.

I prefer the capsules as it is much easier and also gives me much better control over the weight of each dose.

#578 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

I am currently 215 pounds so my daily dose of 300 mgs works out to 1.4 mgs per pound or 3 mgs per kg. I take each capsule 1 to 2 hours apart, 7 days a week and try to have taken my last capsule by 3 pm so as to not interfere with my sleep.

Thank you.

Can you share what Bio means in "NMN w/Act/Bio"?

I see you score each period, is it purely subjective or do you track some biomarkers than became "Best" with the latest regimen?

#579 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:59 PM

I also would like to ask if Act means anything more than a few drops of H2O2 previously mentioned?

#580 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

I also would like to ask if Act means anything more than a few drops of H2O2 previously mentioned?

We finally found something to replace the H2O2.

• Needs references x 3

#581 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

Please slow down, Beauty. Mannitol isn't "crap." It functionally improves delivery whether sublingual powder or capsules orally.

This page has some references to studies and hyperlinks that should be considered.

https://alivebynatur...owder-12-grams/

I may continue to employ the NMN/sorbitol powder or seek a larger scale source to save money, because I do see long-term supplementation with NMN.

REFERENCES:

1. Effect of HPMC and mannitol on drug release and bioadhesion behavior of buccal discs of buspirone hydrochloride: In-vitro and in-vivo pharmacokinetic studies. (Jaipal, 2014)
  2. The Effect of Different Concentrations of Mannitol in Solution on Small Intestinal Transit: Implications for Drug Absorption(Adkin, 1995)
  3. IMPROVEMENT OF DISSOLUTION RATE OF VALSARTAN BY SOLID DISPERSION SYSTEM USING D(−) MANNITOL
  4. Solubility and Dissolution Enhancement of Etoricoxib by Solid Dispersion Technique Using Sugar Carriers
  5. ENHANCEMENT OF CELECOXIB SOLUBILITY BY SOLID DISPERSON USING MANNITOL

This reminds of the nonsensical "scary"  pseudo-science attacks against magnesium stearate. Must be natural for humans to commonly think that chemistry might be a scary demon, when it's just chemistry. 

There's a fully referenced article about it in this link.
https://agereversaln...et-flow-agents/

Note that multiple credibly referenced articles by others are viewable at the end of the article.

Also, the mention of d-mannitol as being useful in sublingual delivery in A clinical perspective on mucoadhesive buccal drug delivery systems

Kind regards.

Mikey

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#582 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

Thank you.

Can you share what Bio means in "NMN w/Act/Bio"?

I see you score each period, is it purely subjective or do you track some biomarkers than became "Best" with the latest regimen?

Bio is short for bio availability.

I have been taking NMN for so long now that I can feel subjectively when things are better or worse than the previous iteration.  Now that I have locked in on a formulation, I am going to take it for 3 months and then get a blood test to see if the bio-markers line up with the subjective feeling.

"Best" is that I that I believe that I have completed my quest for finding what I believe to be the balance between the lowest dose and the best results.  

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#583 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Would this replace H2O2https://alivebynatur.../nad-energizer/

or how about Suforaphane?

• Informative x 2

#584 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:31 PM

Would this replace H2O2https://alivebynatur.../nad-energizer/

or how about Suforaphane?

Don't know.  They would have to have some people take it and see if the results show up in the bloodwork.

#585 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

bookmark.png Needs references x 1

Sorry no references other than the anecdotal feedback from the +100 members of our group buy.  If you would like to experience it for yourself and then report back to this forum, please feel free to PM me to join our group.

#586 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Effect of oral administration of nicotinamide mononucleotide on clinical parameters and nicotinamide metabolite levels in healthy Japanese men.

single-arm non-randomized intervention was conducted by single oraladministration of 100, 250, and 500 mg NMN.

The single oral administrations of NMN did not cause any significant clinical symptoms or changes in heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and body temperature. Laboratory analysis results did not show significant changes, except for increases in serum bilirubin levels and decreases in serum creatinine, chloride, andblood glucose levels within the normal ranges, independent of the dose of NMN. Results of ophthalmic examination and sleep quality score showed no differences before and after the intervention. Plasma concentrations of N-methyl-2-pyridone-5-carboxamide and N-methyl-4-pyridone-5-carboxamide were significantly increased dose-dependently by NMN administration.

• WellResearched x 1

#587 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

My involvement with NMN began in March 2014 when I assembled a group-buy of 7 males, aged 45 to 69, to begin an 8-month test program of NMN supplementation. Since that time, that group has grown to over 100 male and female, friends and family. We have tested doses ranging from 40 mgs to 7,200 mgs per day. We have tested capsule, pill, sublingual, and liquid delivery methods of NMN. We have tested single daily dosing to 8-times-per-day dosing. As success parameters we have tracked objective improvements in blood biomarkers. We discovered very early on that the efficacy of NMN-only supplementation dropped substantially after the first 2 months, unless other anti-aging pathways were also activated to create a homeostatic balance within the body. We reacted to new discoveries as they were published. Our past 5 years of testing, combined with our reviews of the hundreds of published studies, has led us to conclude that the current iteration of our NMN formulation provides us the best results with objective improvements in a broad range of blood biomarkers and improvement in biological age as measured by www.aging.ai .

My personal dosing experimentation is as detailed on the attachment:

If your taking such low doses could you just take niacin and not get the niacin flush?

#588 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Effect of oral administration of nicotinamide mononucleotide on clinical parameters and nicotinamide metabolite levels in healthy Japanese men.

single-arm non-randomized intervention was conducted by single oraladministration of 100, 250, and 500 mg NMN.

The single oral administrations of NMN did not cause any significant clinical symptoms or changes in heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, and body temperature. Laboratory analysis results did not show significant changes, except for increases in serum bilirubin levels and decreases in serum creatinine, chloride, andblood glucose levels within the normal ranges, independent of the dose of NMN. Results of ophthalmic examination and sleep quality score showed no differences before and after the intervention. Plasma concentrations of N-methyl-2-pyridone-5-carboxamide and N-methyl-4-pyridone-5-carboxamide were significantly increased dose-dependently by NMN administration.

In the personal experience thread?

This NMN study is discussed and linked to in this thread:

https://www.longecit...ublished-study/

Edited by Fredrik, 12 November 2019 - 01:07 PM.

• Agree x 1

#589 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

NMN users wondering why this first very meagre human trial only comes now and want  to  hear more, might be interested to take a look at this guy's plans. For personal experience we might learn  from his practical endeavours:

https://www.youtube....h?v=AQbDuWcFLJg

Edited by Harkijn, 12 November 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#590 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

My involvement with NMN began in March 2014 when I assembled a group-buy of 7 males, aged 45 to 69, to begin an 8-month test program of NMN supplementation.

I found your NMN case study so epic and well documented that I turned it into article here on Medium, there's an active anti-aging community there and I wanted to spread the word. Let me know if it's a good synopsis of your experience...

1*TYG8W7iquJAYbrrZwNnklA.png

• like x 1

#591 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

I found your NMN case study so epic and well documented that I turned it into article here on Medium, there's an active anti-aging community there and I wanted to spread the word. Let me know if it's a good synopsis of your experience...

Hello jroseland.

You performed a very accurate regurgitation of my experience with NMN, but, you left out the most important part which is that after the 1st month or 2 of taking only NMN you run head first into homeostasis and the realized benefits begin to decline.  The results I achieved were as a result of taking a proprietary NMN formulation that provides at least the following anti-aging benefits:

1. Increases intracellular NAD+.
  2. Activates Sirtuins 1 through 7.
  3. Activates Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase (AMPK).
  4. Inhibits mTOR aging.
  5. Activates antioxidant defense system.
  6. Activates Nuclear Respiratory Factor–2 (NRF-2)
  7. Is a calorie restriction mimetic.
  8. Inhibits the PCSK9 enzyme.
  9. Activates immune response.
  10. Upregulates Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK).
  11. Positively affects inflammation.
  12. Is a methyl donor.
  13. Promotes long term maintenance of NAD+ at maximum levels by maintaining a homeostatic balance among several major anti-aging pathways.
  14. Exponentially increases the bio availability of orally consumed NMN. 

Please do not misrepresent to your clients that they can get my results by purchasing your NMN only product.

• Needs references x 4
  • Enjoying the show x 3

#592 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Hello jroseland.

You performed a very accurate regurgitation of my experience with NMN, but, you left out the most important part which is that after the 1st month or 2 of taking only NMN you run head first into homeostasis and the realized benefits begin to decline.  

Hey Lawrence - thanks for the clarification. So you combined NMN with some cofactors? I can recommend those along with the NMN. Is the proprietary NMN formulation you used available? I'm actually not the person offering NMN, I just research and write about anti-aging hacks and link to the most credible sources I can find. I wouldn't be able to duplicate exactly what you did but I'd love to share whatever top cofactors you found were synergistic with NMN.

Like I said, I found your experience and results epic but no necessarily outstanding, I've perused several hundred NMN anecdotes now and many of them are credibly reporting pretty fantastic results. Obviously, clinical evidence is more important than internet testimonials but case studies like yours can give people suffering from declining health great hope and optimism about their future. I'll add a results not typical disclaimer to my article about you.

#593 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:43 AM

Hey Lawrence - thanks for the clarification. So you combined NMN with some cofactors? I can recommend those along with the NMN. Is the proprietary NMN formulation you used available? I'm actually not the person offering NMN, I just research and write about anti-aging hacks and link to the most credible sources I can find. I wouldn't be able to duplicate exactly what you did but I'd love to share whatever top cofactors you found were synergistic with NMN.

Like I said, I found your experience and results epic but no necessarily outstanding, I've perused several hundred NMN anecdotes now and many of them are credibly reporting pretty fantastic results. Obviously, clinical evidence is more important than internet testimonials but case studies like yours can give people suffering from declining health great hope and optimism about their future. I'll add a results not typical disclaimer to my article about you.

1. If you followed the thread closely, you should have realized by now that he is not willing to share those "cofactors" publicly.
2. Epic > outstanding so pick your epithets more carefully as they don't sound serious at present.
  • Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#594 NaHanyate

• Registrant
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:27 AM

Yes. Alivebynature now has another version - the powder with no sweetener in a 16gm bottle. I just ordered and received mine.

#595 NaHanyate

• Registrant
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:32 AM

This is for anyone here who does not know - I recently saw Sinclair on a YouTube video mentioning that NMN should be stored in the refrigerator. Apparently it degrades at room temperatures to Niacin etc.
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#596 NaHanyate

• Registrant
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:55 AM

Here’s my brief history and results of taking NMN: I started one year ago, no exercise and no change in my not-so-good diet. My HbA1c was 165 - that was the most important marker for me. After six months of NMN (1000mg/day) my HbA1c dropped to 161. After another three months, it dropped to 159. I’m getting tested again this January. I expect to be at 157, which is the upper limit of normal, or maybe even less than that. My lipid profile has also improved, although not this dramatically. I’m very happy with the results. This January, after getting tested again, I am adding Metformin 800 mg to my daily routine. Since last month, I also started taking Resveratrol 1000 mg every morning with my NMN. The problem is, the Mega Resveratrol that I bought is upsetting my stomach almost immediately. Could be that there is some additive that has not been refined away. I’m going to change brands, and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by NaHanyate, 26 December 2019 - 01:56 AM.

#597 Linux

• 58 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 07:09 AM

The problem is, the Mega Resveratrol that I bought is upsetting my stomach almost immediately. Could be that there is some additive that has not been refined away. I’m going to change brands, and see if that makes a difference.

There's no additive in Megaresveratrols powder. That, and because it is micronized, is why it has been sourced for human clinical studies.

GI distress is a side effect of high dose resveratrol. Take it after a mixed meal (breakfast with carbohydrates, fat and protein) and split the dose between meals and take the second 500 mg at lunch or dinner.

Please report back if that worked for you.

Edited by Linux, 26 December 2019 - 07:55 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#598 AppliedBio

• 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:04 AM

Any thoughts on taking NMN intranasally? Just picked up the 16g powder (without sweetener) from ABN. Intended for sublingual use but considering using the powder intranasally instead for enhanced absorption.

Edited by AppliedBio, 04 January 2020 - 04:13 AM.

#599 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:17 AM

Any thoughts on taking NMN intranasally? Just picked up the 16g powder (without sweetener) from ABN. Intended for sublingual use but considering using the powder intranasally instead for enhanced absorption.

Snorting NMN? My thoughts...let´s see. Unproven bioavailability of NMN via the intranasal route. Unproven safety for the mucuous membranes. Will it cross the blood-brain barrier? Safe for your brain?

I remember when nose sprays containing zinc gluconate caused permanent loss of smell (anosmia) in more than 100 unfortunate people before the zinc sprays were banned by the FDA. Don´t be one of those people.

https://www.webmd.co...ys-loss-smell#1

Edited by Fredrik, 04 January 2020 - 08:18 AM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#600 Oakman

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

Intranasal NMN or NR

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, nicotinamide mononucleotide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)