nmn nicotinamide mononucleotide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
670 replies to this topic

#601 Fredrik

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:41 PM

Quote from that thread:

"I prepared a nasal solution of "Pure NMN" from AlivebyNature and used it - it hurt (burned) like hell and I entirely lost my sense of smell for days. Won't be doing that again."

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • dislike x 1

#602 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

IDK about NMN, but ABN sells a nasal NAD spray and its the only form of NAD supplement that I feel stimulating effect from(at one point in time they sent a free sample to a bunch of customers).

Its a bit irritating at first but nose get irritated even from water.

I ve tried to dissolve their NAD powder and use in a spray form and subjectively it works though less profoundly than factory maid but I was conservative with amount of powder too, so it was as expected

I could easily see how someone could put too much powder in it and get his nose fried.

Edited by Andey, 04 January 2020 - 04:16 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#603 BBT

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:01 PM

Hi,

So joined this forum today after silently reading for a few weeks now.

I appreciate that this might not be the correct place to post the below but as I am unable to start a new thread in the NAD section at this point it seem the best place to start

I'm about to start on a year long self test using NMN and Resveratrol.

I'm 36 this year, i have three young boys (who have all been bad sleepers) so I have got very little sleep for about 6 years now.

I run my own business and work about 70 hours a week.

As I mainly work from home I manage to juggle all the work hours with still spending time with the kids each day, i just go back to work when they are in bed at 8 and usually then work on till midnight - i do this 6-7 days a week.

I weight train and box 3-4 times a week in the garage and up until about 2 years ago this seemed enough (plus DnB music) to maintain energy and focus for work and play each day plus I have always had a get up and go attitude and just get on with everything but as I am getting older this is getting harder to maintain.

I first looked into supplementation about 2 and a half years ago and started taking a branded nootropic stack which actually worked wonders and continued to do so until well about a few months ago when again I started to notice my focus and concentration throughout the day was not as good as it used to be.

In addition my eyesight started to deteriorate 18 months ago and I was getting blurring and double vision - went to see both an optometrist and ophthalmologist but diagnosis was just that my eyes were severely fatigued due to the lack of sleep and hours of computer work I do each day - was told to get glasses and consider spending less time looking at a computer screenI got the glasses and these helped to a degree but instead of taking a break I started supplementing with a separate stack for vision which again actually worked wonders and after a month or so I stopped wearing the glasses again as the issues went away completely and hasn't come back since.

I wont reference the above stacks as not yet sure on the site rules about such things.

Anyway, after my brief (and massively incomplete) period of research I will be starting a personal experiment on Friday taking the following

150mg of NMN - 3 times a day - morning, lunch and afternoon

250mg Resveratrol  - 2 times a day - lunch and afternoon

800mg MSM - Lunch

I have ordered and will be taking a blood work test tomorrow morning measuring the below markers and will repeat this every 2 months for year -  I am open to suggestion if there are additional markers that would be valuable in tracking over this year period

I will also keep a record of anecdotal notes - due to years of weight training and computer work I have multiple persistent aches and pains in my right wrist, forearm, shoulder and both my knees have ached on and off for a few years now so will keep a track of any subjective improvements I feel for these.

I will be keeping a continuous spread sheet tracker for blods and anecdotal notes but lastly I am trying to research an objective strength and fitness test I can repeat every two weeks to keep track if my fitness noticeably improves over the year - open to suggestion if anyone has already run something similar and can ref details for this.

Lastly I am dabbling with the idea of adding in intermittent fasting but not sure if this is one variable too many to add in (I know the above is already 3 new substances so is pretty port from a Scientific Method basis but you know I don't have an eternity...yet...to play around with testing variables in isolation)

Active B12

Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)

Albumin

Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)

Bilirubin (total)

Calcium

Corrected Calcium

Cortisol (9am)

Creatine Kinase (CK)

Ferritin

Folate (serum)

Gamma GT

Globulin

HbA1c

HDL

HDL % of Total Cholesterol

hs-CRP

LDL

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Thyroxine (FT4)

Total Cholesterol

Total Protein

Triglycerides

Vitamin D (25 OH)

Anyway thanks for reading if you got this far and looking forward to any input people can offer.

• like x 3

#604 anothercanuck

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

Active B12

Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)

Albumin

Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)

Bilirubin (total)

Calcium

Corrected Calcium

Cortisol (9am)

Creatine Kinase (CK)

Ferritin

Folate (serum)

Gamma GT

Globulin

HbA1c

HDL

HDL % of Total Cholesterol

hs-CRP

LDL

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)

Thyroxine (FT4)

Total Cholesterol

Total Protein

Triglycerides

Vitamin D (25 OH)

Interesting. What was your criteria for choosing these particular blood markers?

I personally know nothing about this subject, so I was planning to simply follow the 19 markers listed in http://www.aging.ai/#form_inp. Part of what I like about these is that, besides estimating your biological age, they are generally useful and common blood markers that my doctor is already looking at.

For folks who are more focused on the inflammation/inflammaging interpretation, it could make sense to look at the other blood markers that LawrenceW mentions in this thread.

#605 BBT

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:36 PM

anothercanuck,

So I looked at markers that can be linked to the two main broad issues I think i currently have which is energy/motivation and muscle/inflammation issues.

Whilst my diet is OK it is not great, my exercise levels are again OK but I don't think they make up for all the the hours I have spent sitting at a desk over the last 15 years.

After looking at the different ranges of private test on offer in the UK it appeared to be very expensive here to just cherry pick specific markers so I settled on the baseline set from a company here as pretty good bang for buck covering most of what I was after plus I bolted on a few extras to do with inflammation and fatigue.

I also wanted some auxiliary markers associated with cholesterol and cardiovascular health as history on my dad's side is not great with heart conditions and considering how much meat is used to eat in my 20's whilst weight training I though it would be good to start tracking such things and again see if the regime I am about to start improves on any of these over the next year.

Thought I had covered the key inflammation markers (Albumin, hs-CRP, Creatine Kinase (CK), Ferritin, Vitamin D (25 OH)) but will go back and read this thread again  :-D in case I missed other key ones recommend.

Good luck in your endeavour 

#606 BBT

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:56 PM

anothercanuck,

Sorry I see now, you are referring to the markers Lawrence referenced to in his opening statement on this thread - the IL-6 and TNF tests aren't available at a reasonable rate from any UK lab's that I found and considering i'm taking these every 2 months it would have broken the bank somewhat to get these repeatedly tested so I stuck with my aforementioned markers above.

#607 anothercanuck

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Now that I have locked in on a formulation, I am going to take it for 3 months and then get a blood test to see if the bio-markers line up with the subjective feeling.

Lawrence, any updates on this? I'm a big fan of all the information you've been sharing with us.

Something unclear about your current protocol is whether you are still taking the activators at the same time as the NMN, or whether they have a different schedule.

Can you discuss what was the reason to switch away from H2O2? It seemed like a rather benign dose.

#608 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:51 AM

I'm going to try out NMN, for the convenience of others here are the parts of this thread I found informative. 

Cheapest off the shelf is Alivebynature 240 count 125mg. 

Ideal supplementation is 6x 125 mg (750mg) tablets spaced over the day. If this causes sleep problems compress your supplementation towards the morning. 

Sublingual absorption is limited due to the chemistry of NMN, oral is fine. 

After 2 months your body might not exhibit the benefits, at which point an "activator" will be required. Easiest is H2O2 which can be found at 3% in most grocery shops. 

Amount of activator to take is 3 drops at 35%, or 35 drops at 3%. Roughly 1.5ml total from a dropper (20drops/ml). 

PH of 3% H2O2 is not a concern, it can cause foaming and discomfort in your stomach so dilution before drinking is recommended.

Activator needs to be taken with each supplementation of nmn. 

Through oral consumption, NMN is the best way to increase NAD+. 

Most frequent claims are increased quality of skin and increased energy even after long term supplementation. 

There are many other activators, perhaps easier to use than H2O2. To me it looks like simply eating your veggies will be sufficient "activator". Quoted from the IP pg 98, below. 

https://patentimages...017062311A1.pdf

A method of reducing inflammation in a subject, comprising: administering to the
subject a repair system activator chosen from

nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+),
nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN), nicotinamide riboside (NR), nicotinic acid
adenine mononucleotide (NaMN), nicotinic acid adenine dinucleotide (NaAD),
nicotinic acid riboside (NAR), 1-methylnicotinamide (MNM), cyclic adenosine
monophosphate (cAMP),

and any combination thereof; a methyl donor chosen from,

S-5'-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM), methionine,
betaine, choline, folate, vitamin B12,

and any combination thereof; and an antioxidant defense activator chosen from

H2O2, H2S, NaSH, Na2S, ROS, RNS,
RCS, RSOH, 0 2· ΟΗ ·, , 0 , HOC1, HOBr, HOI, ROOH, where R is alkyl,
cycloalkyl, heteralkyl, heterocycloalkyl, alkenyl, heteroalkenyl, cycloalkenyl, or
hetercycloalkenyl, metformin, acetaminophen, diallyl trisulfide, isothiocyanate,
curcumin, sulforaphane, quercetin, isoquercetin, apigenin, luteolin, ginseng,
carnosic acid, 4-methylalkylcatechol, 4 vinylcatechol, 4-ethlycatechol,
xanthohumol, β-lapachone, pterostilbene, resveratrol, zinc, and any combination
thereof.

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 25 January 2020 - 10:16 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#609 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

Taking into account my lifestyle and preferences i'll do the following. 

3x 125mg NMN on waking 

1x 500mg t-resveratrol on waking

3x 125mg NMN at lunch 

I already eat bulk veggies so i'm not too concerned about a lack of "antioxidant defence activators" in my system. 

I'm open to any nuggets of wisdom from fellow experimenters. 

#610 Oakman

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Taking into account my lifestyle and preferences i'll do the following. 

3x 125mg NMN on waking 

1x 500mg t-resveratrol on waking

3x 125mg NMN at lunch 

I already eat bulk veggies so i'm not too concerned about a lack of "antioxidant defence activators" in my system. 

I'm open to any nuggets of wisdom from fellow experimenters. 

Rather than the sublingual tabs @x3, you might consider the 'delayed release' or 'extended release' capsules from ProHealth. Their claim intestinal release is x100 more potent than oral, not sure how that compares with sublingual or if they have anything to back up the claim. For assist, always take with something that has sulfur in it, whether it be supplement or food.

#611 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Rather than the sublingual tabs @x3, you might consider the 'delayed release' or 'extended release' capsules from ProHealth. Their claim intestinal release is x100 more potent than oral, not sure how that compares with sublingual or if they have anything to back up the claim. For assist, always take with something that has sulfur in it, whether it be supplement or food.

Seems like a farfetched marketing claim to me.  Extended release capsules provide extra protection through the acidic environment of the stomach.  NMN is acidic, and stable in acidic environments so it doesn't get digested in the stomach.  

They might be useful for NR, as study a few months ago show it is degraded about 10% in stomach. 

Regardless if extended release actually helps NMN survive the stomach, they are still subject to first pass metabolism in the liver, which Rabinowitz study shows results in (near?) complete conversion to NAM before release to blood.

Edited by able, 25 January 2020 - 04:55 PM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#612 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

Yes, apparently his biological age went down quite significantly.

But where does he say he takes 500mg per day?  :) Thanks

How come NMN does this if according to the following:

"NMN is simply larger than NR, meaning it often needs to be broken down to fit into the cell."

• Disagree x 1

#613 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:09 AM

For balance and informed decision making, reasons not to take NMN. If you understand this topic at a deeper level please help us better understand the risk. Thanks. 

May promote colon cancer by inhibiting reactive oxygen species

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30457689

NAD metabolism may increase intestinal inflammation 

https://gut.bmj.com/content/67/10/1813

NAD may promote ovarian cancer

https://www.research..._ovarian_cancer

Up-regulated NAMPT associated with worse invasive breast cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29725408

Prostate cancer cells up-regulate NAD+ to survive

https://cancerandmet...0170-018-0186-3

Brain cancer with higher NAMPT levels are more deadly

https://www.pnas.org...nt/113/51/E8247

High dose NAD+ can cause insomnia, fatigue, anxiety 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6359187/

Supplementing NAD+ precursors decreased exercise performance in rats

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27489522

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#614 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:29 AM

Original poster discovered that 10 small doses of 30mg (300mg) throughout the day is far more effective than a bolus dose of 300mg in the morning. If their pills are 6h sustained release then maybe two a day (breakfast/lunch) is sufficient. This will result in a significant cost saving. Anyone have evidence of enteric coated NMN being 100x more effective? 

A good summary of NMN / NR benefits in mouse studies can be found in this article. 

https://www.cell.com...(17)30670-8.pdf

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 26 January 2020 - 08:36 AM.

#615 Oakman

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

Original poster discovered that 10 small doses of 30mg (300mg) throughout the day is far more effective than a bolus dose of 300mg in the morning. If their pills are 6h sustained release then maybe two a day (breakfast/lunch) is sufficient. This will result in a significant cost saving. Anyone have evidence of enteric coated NMN being 100x more effective? 

A good summary of NMN / NR benefits in mouse studies can be found in this article. 

https://www.cell.com...(17)30670-8.pdf

It appears that they are just that, 6 hr release... they recommend 1-4 tabs in the morning.

PH526_technology-graphic.jpg?v=157671594

• unsure x 1

#616 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

How is a slower dissolve supposed to increase absorption 100x? 

Are they claiming the capsule protects NMN from stomach acid, so it is then available for slc12a8 to transmit it directly to NAD in intestines?

Stomach acid does not digest NMN. And there is no indication that Slc12a8 carries a significant amount of NMN to NAD+.

Would be great if they actually had proof, but sounds like wishful marketing to me.

• Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#617 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

For balance and informed decision making, reasons not to take NMN. If you understand this topic at a deeper level please help us better understand the risk. Thanks. 

May promote colon cancer by inhibiting reactive oxygen species

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30457689

NAD metabolism may increase intestinal inflammation 

https://gut.bmj.com/content/67/10/1813

NAD may promote ovarian cancer

https://www.research..._ovarian_cancer

Up-regulated NAMPT associated with worse invasive breast cancer

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/29725408

Prostate cancer cells up-regulate NAD+ to survive

https://cancerandmet...0170-018-0186-3

Brain cancer with higher NAMPT levels are more deadly

https://www.pnas.org...nt/113/51/E8247

High dose NAD+ can cause insomnia, fatigue, anxiety 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6359187/

Supplementing NAD+ precursors decreased exercise performance in rats

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27489522

All this seems way too negative to be true. 

Can any one here refute these links?

#618 Oakman

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

I wont reference the above stacks as not yet sure on the site rules about such things.

Anyway, after my brief (and massively incomplete) period of research I will be starting a personal experiment on Friday taking the following

150mg of NMN - 3 times a day - morning, lunch and afternoon

250mg Resveratrol  - 2 times a day - lunch and afternoon

800mg MSM - Lunch

Anyway thanks for reading if you got this far and looking forward to any input people can offer.

Here are a couple thoughts on your regimen from my recent experience and research. First, you'll find it informative to read this study...

https://restorativem...nal-absorption/

So by the addition of Quercetin and Curcumin to your R, NMN,MSM, you would potentially see a ~300% increase in absorption of R (and I might mention without the use of perperine). Plus you would receive the added benefits of both C + Q.

I recently upgraded my regimen to include a daily 600 mgs R, 600 mg C, 300 mg MSM along with am/pm 150 mg NMN delayed release capsule. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I believe I've felt a great increase in energy after starting this a week and 1/2 ago. Might be worth a shot since you're looking for increased daily energy to get you through your hectic day! If it works, yeah!...if not, well you tried :)

• like x 1

#619 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

All this seems way too negative to be true. 

Can any one here refute these links?

First, somewhere between zero and all of these studies may be true. Second, somewhere between zero and all of these results may be true for humans as well as mice. Third, it is not at all clear that if a result is true how much it would affect humans. For example, if NR/NMN is shown to have notable health benefits, then I'd easily take NAD+ boosters despite perhaps a 75% risk that a very unlikely brain tumor would grow 7% faster.   

#620 BBT

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:19 PM

Here are a couple thoughts on your regimen from my recent experience and research. First, you'll find it informative to read this study...

https://restorativem...nal-absorption/

So by the addition of Quercetin and Curcumin to your R, NMN,MSM, you would potentially see a ~300% increase in absorption of R (and I might mention without the use of perperine). Plus you would receive the added benefits of both C + Q.

I recently upgraded my regimen to include a daily 600 mgs R, 600 mg C, 300 mg MSM along with am/pm 150 mg NMN delayed release capsule. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but I believe I've felt a great increase in energy after starting this a week and 1/2 ago. Might be worth a shot since you're looking for increased daily energy to get you through your hectic day! If it works, yeah!...if not, well you tried :)

Oakman,

Thankyou for the pointer and link - I had not come across Quercetin at all whilst researching over the last few weeks but will def get some and add into the mix  :-D

I already get 250mg of Curcumin in my existing Nootropic Stack.

Just out of interest what daily dosage of Quercetin are you taking?

Ta

#621 Oakman

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

Oakman,

Thankyou for the pointer and link - I had not come across Quercetin at all whilst researching over the last few weeks but will def get some and add into the mix  :-D

I already get 250mg of Curcumin in my existing Nootropic Stack.

Just out of interest what daily dosage of Quercetin are you taking?

Ta

In the morning, along with the 600 mg of Trans-R, I use 167 mgs of Bioactive Quercetin called EMIQ (Enzymatically Modified IsoQuercitrin) w/40x absorption. That should equal approx. 6.68 grams of ordinary quercetin apparently, along with 600 mgs of UltraCur or Whey Protein Isolate attached curcumin. The EMIQ is generic and available from multiple vendors. The UltraCur is proprietary I believe. Both attempt to overcome the limited bioavailability of these compounds.

Because I am feeling such good results, I've started taking 1/2 the morning dose of R+C along with another EMIQ capsule with the evening meal.

#622 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:29 AM

This might be old news, a small intestine transport for NMN has been identified in mice and is likely the same in humans. It requires a sodium ion to work so maybe take NMN with a salty meal? The transporter doesn't seem to work for nicotinamide riboside. So as far as we know NR is absorbed by being broken down in the small intestine via hydrolysis and then re-combined in cells. A cheaper alternative to NR supplementation might be taking N + R separate as proposed by Turnbuckle. A good NMN formulation would be enteric coated, time released with nacl salt. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/31131364

It is worth noting that the recent human trial on oral NMN found zero serum levels. They blame their testing methods but who knows....

https://sci-hub.tw/h...pubmed/31685720

I will add my own anecdote that I could feel the initial supplementation of NMN myself. I no longer feel it on supplementation, or have achieved that initial level of energy again but it is possible that my normal has increased. 

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 04 February 2020 - 06:01 AM.

• Informative x 1

#623 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

When a virus infects your body, it must enter your cells in order to survive. This is because viruses cannot replicate on their own, instead they must hijack your cellular machinery and use it to make copies of themselves. Once sufficient copies have been made, infected cells burst open and new copies of the virus are released and free to infect neighboring cells. This is a problem because once a virus is inside a cell it is harder for your immune system to remove it.

Fortunately, our cells have evolved to overcome this problem and have a system that allows infected cells to alert the immune system that they are under attack. They do this by displaying fragments of the virus on their cell surface, which act as warning flags to alert the body that they are infected. This allows circulating immune cells in the blood to recognize infected cells and take action to remove them. This process is called the Innate Immune System and it is the body’s first line of defense against viral infection.  

Research shows that low NAD+ levels may lead to impairment of the Innate Immune System as you age. This is because NAD+ is fundamental to the activity of a group of proteins known as the “Sirtuins 1 - 7” and the Sirtuins contribute to proper function of the innate immune response. Increased activation of the Sirtuins has been shown to prevent viral replication, whilst inhibiting the activity of Sirtuins encourages viral infections to progress (Sirtuins Are Evolutionarily Conserved Viral Restriction Factors  - Koyuncu et al. 2014).

Supplementing with NMN to boost your cellular NAD+ levels and Sirtuin activity may therefore be a good way to boost your immune system and decrease the severity and duration of viral infections.

#624 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

Dramatic Cytokine Storm Reversal with an Over the Counter NMN Cocktail Abstract

Oral nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) with boosters may naturally trigger anti-inflammation immune systems able to arrest and reverse cytokine storm. A COVID-19 positive case is described with a strong temporal relationship between NMN cocktail use and clinical improvement - more remarkably this case exhibits an unusually rapid and thorough clinical turnaround. Oral NMN with boosters deserve further study in COVID-19 associated cytokine storm.

Download the entire report here:

https://papers.ssrn....ract_id=3581388

• Informative x 2

#625 warner

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2020 - 02:57 PM

Dramatic Cytokine Storm Reversal with an Over the Counter NMN Cocktail

https://papers.ssrn....ract_id=3581388

Hi Lawrence.  Do you happen to know the exact formula for that cocktail?  (some mix of NMN, betaine, NaCl, zinc sulfate?)

#626 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

Do you use NMN or consider doing so? Today elsewhere on Longevity   Reason posted about an overview of the present science on NMN:

https://www.longecit...th/#entry892902

• Informative x 1

#627 Starchild

• 17 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:11 AM

Question for NMN users: Have you experimented with high dose vitamin B complex in the past? (extended release version or intraday multiple doses).  How do the effects compare? 

Experiences shared here remind me a lot about my experiences with vit B complex. 

I've "abused"/overdosed vit B on and off since 1996. Gave me tremendous energy at the gym. Helped me lose weight. I looked younger and better. Subjectively, I felt my performance improved in sports, in classes even in music while on it. I would typically experience a burnout after a few months, so I would invariably stop. This went on for many many years. (I don't have the specific dosages or ingredients... just bought OTC, most recent one being Trader Joe's B-complex Dietary Supplement - 120 Caplets. However, I remember the older ones being more potent). 

Long story short, I'm a bit sceptic if this whole NMN/NR thing is new. It reminds me a lot about what I discovered by accident when I was 18, then took it on and off many times.

I'm 41 today, and "graduated" to metformin 500mg x 2/day, Rapamycin 6mg/week for antiaging + anti-cancer purposes. Would love to try NMN, yet I'm not sure about if it increases or decreases the incidence of cancer (my primary worry).

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Much appreciate it. 

Edited by Starchild, 26 June 2020 - 04:28 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#628 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

I have taken 1500 mg of niacin for many years, and do like how I feel with it.  I just have to remember to lower the dose if I miss a few days, else the burn is too much.

I have taken NR and NMN almost 3 years now.  I first noticed improved skin, hair and nails, and a bit more energy from NR.

Sublingual NMN gives me a more noticable increase in energy. NR might do the same, but slower - idk. 

I do feel Niacin and NMN have different effects and will continue with both.  

• Informative x 1

#629 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

I prefer the capsules as it is much easier and also gives me much better control over the weight of each dose.

Hi, Lawrence. 

I've been checking this thread on and off since 2018 and almost joined your group-buy but have sort of lost track since last year because NMN forums and chat rooms had been emerging in China so rapidly. So I spent lots of time on our side. Under the influence of your ealier posts, I've been an avid sublingual delivery advocate in some of our chat rooms(Didn't know you've switched to capsules :laugh: )

May I know what type of capsules are you taking? regular ones or enteric-coated? From what I heard, David Sinclair was taking enteric-coated ones (along with resveratrol mixed into yogurt), once a day. (not sure if he's still following this regimen, I sort of lost track of everything. )

I started taking enteric-coated capsules from early July but so far I havn't feel anything magic yet. I actually feel  back to where I was before I took NMN.

Can hardly blame it on homeostasis 'cause oral administration(without capsule; just swallowed powders) made me feel a lot better, which was only a month earlier. And I've been taking multiple activators too.

#630 WinnieBeeRich

• Registrant
  • 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:09 PM

Btw, since I've been away for quite a while. Anyone can tell me if there's a thread on LC dedicated to AMPK activators? Nephrotoxicity and hepatotoxicity is what I care about most. (And synergy , of course! but to a lesser extent)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, nicotinamide mononucleotide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users