• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#31 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

The amino acid threonine may increase the self-renewal of stem cells when used with fusion and C60. Threonine is known to be crucial for embryonic stem cells, both mouse and human. Doses of 6 grams have been used medically for other purposes, so 5-10 grams seems not out of line when used with this fusion/C60 protocol. 

References.  

Threonine metabolism and embryonic stem cell self-renewal

It was demonstrated that the abundances of threonine and the metabolites related to threonine catabolism among the most changed metabolites during cell fate change. Stem cells have low level of threonine that dramatically increases during differentiation. Conversely, the levels of possible threonine catabolites including acetyl-CoA and glycine are high in stem cells, but dramatically decrease during differentiation.

When exposed to threonine-deficient media or TDH inhibitors, mESCs immediately ceased nucleic acid synthesis and arrested cell cycle progression at G1 phases. Thus, in mESCs, TDH mediates an essential nutrient utilization pathway for supporting chromosomal DNA replication and cell cycle progression. Moreover, threonine depletion and TDH inhibition led to a significantly global decrease in the levels of H3K4me2 and H3K4me3 as a result of depleting cellular SAM level [6&&]. Therefore, TDH-mediated threonine catabolism is also deeply involved in epigenetic regulation essential for mESC pluripotent self-renewal.

Regulation of L‐Threonine Dehydrogenase in Somatic Cell Reprogramming

These results suggest that TDH‐mediated threonine catabolism controls somatic cell reprogramming and indicate the importance of post‐transcriptional and post‐translational regulation of TDH.

• Informative x 4
  • Ill informed x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#32 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Lecithin helps it dissolve. I use 10 g stearic acid, a like amount of lecithin, Hershey's unsweetened cocoa, low cal brown sugar, then stir up the dry powders before adding milk and microwaving. If you still have a problem, stir it into peanut butter as mentioned above.

Note: I've used C60 (in EVOO with added HT)/stearic acid six or seven times in the past six weeks, and already I've had to go up a half shoe size. For four decades I was stable at 9.5 and I'm now at 11. This growth began in 2012 when I first began experimenting with C60, but using it with stearic acid has accelerated it. This has been a good thing despite having to throw away shoes, as my feet never hurt anymore.

Any gain in height? I am wondering how it is possible after the growth plate closure in adulthood.
  • Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Nietzsche

• 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 12:26 AM

And what about the genitals?

• Cheerful x 6
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#34 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

i only saw stearic acid for cosmetic use selling is that safe to buy?does it have less purity ? i asked the store and they refused to comment 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#35 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

same thing at compounding pharmacies in italy so i had to order food grade from amazon US with very slow delivery time.it looks like they use stearic acid in pharmaceutical compounds at low doses but they dont feel confident to sell it as supplement

i only saw stearic acid for cosmetic use selling is that safe to buy?does it have less purity ? i asked the store and they refused to comment 

Edited by lost69, 16 April 2018 - 03:23 PM.

• like x 2

#36 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

same thing at compounding pharmacies in italy so i had to order food grade from amazon US with very slow delivery time.it looks like they use stearic acid in pharmaceutical compounds at low doses but they dont feel confident to sell it as supplement

can you give me a link or name of specific product or i do i see a food grade tag how do i tell with is food and other 

edit i found 99% stearic acid deal says its food grade but i read on google food grade dosen t mean you can eat it 

Edited by orion22, 16 April 2018 - 04:37 PM.

#37 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

i have no idea if it is good to eat, i bought this:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

can you give me a link or name of specific product or i do i see a food grade tag how do i tell with is food and other 

edit i found 99% stearic acid deal says its food grade but i read on google food grade dosen t mean you can eat it 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#38 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:51 PM

The food grade tag seems to only apply in the US. In Europe no stearic acid is called Food Grade. It's probably just as edible but EU standards are probably stricter.
  • Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#39 dragonvet

• Registrant
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

Have you done any more research or experiments with treating your C60 mix with red led light for enhanced antioxidant effects?

#40 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

Have you done any more research or experiments with treating your C60 mix with red led light for enhanced antioxidant effects?

No. I don't see where that would be valuable for the purpose of increasing the pool of stem cells.

• Needs references x 1

#41 Nietzsche

• 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

Could the stearic acid be replaced by another supplement for this purpose, sulforaphane perhaps? Previously stearic acid hasn't agreed with me, and I have plenty of BroccoMax lying around along with some c60.

#42 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

Could the stearic acid be replaced by another supplement for this purpose, sulforaphane perhaps? Previously stearic acid hasn't agreed with me, and I have plenty of BroccoMax lying around along with some c60.

Sure. I've used it before with fusion/biogenesis. I happen to like stearic acid better as it seems to do a better job. Which isn't to say it's perfect. You can take too much (or, I can, anyway). A while back I took 20 grams, and after 4 or 5 hours began to feel weird. It was that old statin feel, which I associate with unhappy mitochondria. I figured I was giving them too much of one FA, and that seemed correct, for after drinking a slug of a good quality EVOO, the feeling went away.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#43 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

Stem Cell Self-Renewal Protocol

With neurogenesis, mito biogenesis, and stem-cell telomere supplements

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10 g (in brownie)

Time 1/2 hr —

DHEA — 25mg

TUDCA — 2 g

ALA — 800 mg

Acetyl-L-carnitine — 1 g

Vitamin C — 2 g

PQQ — 40 mg

L-Threonine — 10 g

Glutathione — 2 g (Setria brand)

NAC — 600 mg

Time 2 hr —

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO)

Notes:

Stearic acid is for mito fusion; DHEA, TUDCA, ALA, and acetyl-L-carnitine are known enhancers of neurogenesis; PQQ for biogenesis; NAC, Setria brand glutathione and Vitamin C for stem-cell telomere maintenance and possible extension; and L-threonine for enhancing stem cell mito metabolism. Anecdotal evidence indicates dissolved C60 enhances stem cell differentiation, possibly by blocking UCP pores in mitochondria, while mito fusion is known to shift differentiation to self-renewal. Everything else is a setup for C60.

NAC and threonine were added to fruit juice, the rest in caps or tablets.

Timing is a best guess. By baking stearic acid into a brownie, I hoped to insure its quick absorption. I expect the same could be achieved by dispersing it into hot chocolate with a like amount of lecithin, or by adding it to peanut butter and stirring it at a temp above the melting point of stearic acid (>70 C). I haven’t tried the latter. Stearic acid is a waxy material sometimes used in candles as well as food, so you can appreciate that it might take a very long time to digest if not properly dispersed.

Stearic acid brownie prep using box mix (18.3 oz) where the box recipe calls for ½ oil: I substituted 90 grams stearic acid for the oil, melting it in a hot water bath with 2 tablespoons butter and one teaspoon lecithin, then adding it slowly to the bowl of a power mixer after adding sufficient eggs and water according to the recipe. Bake as directed and divide 3x3 to make nine brownies with 10g stearic each.

Warning:

Fusion, NAC and DHEA can raise blood pressure.

References—

Stearic acid —

“increased C18:0 [stearic acid] dietary intake [boosts] mitochondrial fusion in vivo”

DHEA —

Dehydroepiandrosterone Stimulates Nerve Growth Factor and Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Cortical Neurons

DHEA boosts growth rate of human neural stem cells

TUDCA —

“increases neural stem cell pool”

ALA —

ALA boosts PGC1-alpha, which then boosts telomerase

Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) —

ALCAR promote adult hippocampal neurogenesis

Vitamin C —

Ascorbic acid promotes mesenchymal stem cells

When [human pluripotent stem cells] were treated with 100 μM of vitamin C for 48 h, anti-aging effects, specifically on the expression of telomere-related genes and their functionality in aging cells, were observed.

PQQ —

Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis

L-Threonine —

Stem cells have low level of threonine that dramatically increases during differentiation.

Glutathione —

We found that telomerase activity correlates with cellular GSH, being maximal during cell proliferation.

GSH concentration was maximal at 90-120 min after GSH administration and remained high for over 3 h.

NAC —

N-acetyl-cysteine is an effective scavenger of free radicals as well as a major contributor to maintenance of the cellular glutathione status in muscle cells.

UCP pores —

Only UCP2 is present in undifferentiated stem cells and it disappears simultaneously with the initiation of neuronal differentiation.

• WellResearched x 4
  • like x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#44 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Stem Cell Self-Renewal Protocol

With neurogenesis, mito biogenesis, and stem-cell telomere supplements

Time 0 —

Stearic acid — 10 g (in brownie)

Time 1/2 hr —

DHEA — 25mg

TUDCA — 2 g

ALA — 800 mg

Acetyl-L-carnitine — 1 g

Vitamin C — 2 g

PQQ — 40 mg

L-Threonine — 10 g

Glutathione — 2 g (Setria brand)

NAC — 600 mg

Time 2 hr —

C60 — 3 mg (in EVOO)

Notes:

Stearic acid is for mito fusion; DHEA, TUDCA, ALA, and acetyl-L-carnitine are known enhancers of neurogenesis; PQQ for biogenesis; NAC, Setria brand glutathione and Vitamin C for stem-cell telomere maintenance and possible extension; and L-threonine for enhancing stem cell mito metabolism. Anecdotal evidence indicates dissolved C60 enhances stem cell differentiation, possibly by blocking UCP pores in mitochondria, while mito fusion is known to shift differentiation to self-renewal. Everything else is a setup for C60.

NAC and threonine were added to fruit juice, the rest in caps or tablets.

Timing is a best guess. By baking stearic acid into a brownie, I hoped to insure its quick absorption. I expect the same could be achieved by dispersing it into hot chocolate with a like amount of lecithin, or by adding it to peanut butter and stirring it at a temp above the melting point of stearic acid (>70 C). I haven’t tried the latter. Stearic acid is a waxy material sometimes used in candles as well as food, so you can appreciate that it might take a very long time to digest if not properly dispersed.

Stearic acid brownie prep using box mix (18.3 oz) where the box recipe calls for ½ oil: I substituted 90 grams stearic acid for the oil, melting it in a hot water bath with 2 tablespoons butter and one teaspoon lecithin, then adding it slowly to the bowl of a power mixer after adding sufficient eggs and water according to the recipe. Bake as directed and divide 3x3 to make nine brownies with 10g stearic each.

Warning:

Fusion, NAC and DHEA can raise blood pressure.

40mg of PQQ isn t 20mg optimal is that bio pqq or regular pqq 

#45 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

40mg of PQQ isn t 20mg optimal is that bio pqq or regular pqq 

How do you know what the optimal dose is?

• Good Point x 1

#46 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

How do you know what the optimal dose is?

i don t i just read about in other places so its bio pqq or regular  pqq i have 60 kg anyways 

Edited by orion22, 24 April 2018 - 06:04 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#47 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

I used the standard PQQ, but I have nothing against other products on the market. 

#48 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

After several attempts with varying suggested approaches I never managed to get the stearic and lethicin to mix in hot chocolate. I gave up on that and just went straight for the dump tablespoon in mouth and wash down with water approach.

#49 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

How did you get from "L-Threonine dramatically increases during differentiation", to the conclusion that "L-threonine is required or will boost or assist in differentiation"?

Can you explain the UCP pore thing in more detail? This is all new to me, and to the thread I think.

#50 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:03 PM

How did you get from "L-Threonine dramatically increases during differentiation", to the conclusion that "L-threonine is required or will boost or assist in differentiation"?

Can you explain the UCP pore thing in more detail? This is all new to me, and to the thread I think.

I didn't say it was required. Like most of the other items on the list, it provides the stem cell what it needs to more easily do what you want it to do. Threonine is absolutely required for embryonic stem cells, but it is a leap to suppose it is needed for adult types. I have not found research either way, but I included it as insurance. As for blocking UCP pores, I proposed that years ago as a possible mechanism for C60 stimulation of stem cells. The actual mechanism is still unknown, but mitochondria are known to drive stem cells into differentiation or proliferation. Sufficient UCP pores normally keep them quiescent. Stem cells thus exist at a low energy level (from glycolysis), then these UCP pores disappear, mitochondria pump out ATP, and the stem cells are pushed into activity. Blocking pores (which leak hydrogen atoms) with the ball-like C60 atom would force these mitochondria to become active in the same way. So should other nanoparticles of the right size and predilection for mitochondria, such as particles of gold--

Gold- and Silver Nanoparticles Affect the Growth Characteristics of Human Embryonic Neural Precursor Cells

A significant effect on the sphere size- and morphology was found for all cultures exposed to Au- and AgNPs. AgNPs of both sizes caused a significant increase in numbers of proliferating and apoptotic HNPCs. In contrast, only the highest dose of 20 nm AuNPs significantly affected proliferation, whereas no effect was seen on apoptotic cell death. Our data demonstrates that both Au- and AgNPs interfere with the growth profile of HNPCs, indicating the need of further detailed studies on the adverse effects of NPs on the developing CNS.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3594300/

Particulate suspensions of C60 have been found to stimulate stem cells, but at very high dosages. The advantage of a C60 solution is obvious--a consistent diameter and no C60 wasted in particles too large to do the job. C60 also has the advantage of being a natural antioxidant.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#51 orion22

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

After several attempts with varying suggested approaches I never managed to get the stearic and lethicin to mix in hot chocolate. I gave up on that and just went straight for the dump tablespoon in mouth and wash down with water approach.

empty capsules https://www.cap-m-quik.com

Edited by orion22, 24 April 2018 - 09:14 PM.

#52 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

No, that just increases the time delay before digestion. It's easy to mix stearic acid into hot chocolate and I'm astounded that anyone here would have difficulty. You just mix all the dry powders at the bottom of a cup--stearic acid, a like amount of lecithin powder, chocolate and sugar. Only then do you add milk and stick the cup in a microwave. 

#53 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

How much stearic acid? A level teaspoon?
  • Good Point x 1

#54 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

No, that just increases the time delay before digestion. It's easy to mix stearic acid into hot chocolate and I'm astounded that anyone here would have difficulty. You just mix all the dry powders at the bottom of a cup--stearic acid, a like amount of lecithin powder, chocolate and sugar. Only then do you add milk and stick the cup in a microwave. 

It just ends up being powder stuck on the sides, bottom and floating at the top of the hot chocolate. It's weird.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#55 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

Turnbuckle, in terms of the growth you have experienced - how much of this do you put down to your fission protocol and how much to your fusion+C60 stem cell protocol?

Although it makes sense that the latter is restocking the stem cell supply, I wonder if a fission stage is also required for differentiation into tissues?

Also, how often are you doing these protocols now; is it still 3 days of each, one after the other?

• Good Point x 1

#56 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Turnbuckle, in terms of the growth you have experienced - how much of this do you put down to your fission protocol and how much to your fusion+C60 stem cell protocol?

Although it makes sense that the latter is restocking the stem cell supply, I wonder if a fission stage is also required for differentiation into tissues?

Also, how often are you doing these protocols now; is it still 3 days of each, one after the other?

Precisely. Symmetric division (fusion/C60) is where you put money in the stem cell bank with compound interest, while asymmetric division (fission/exercise) is where you take it out and spend it. And even though asymmetric division theoretically gives you a new stem cell for every one you use, there is always some loss that builds up over the decades, thus depleting the pool. Stem cells themselves are only theoretically valuable until they undergo asymmetric division and one daughter becomes a somatic cell. Thus symmetric division increases the pool while asymmetric division gives you the payoff. And there's a second advantage to asymmetric division as defective mitochondria are partitioned to the somatic daughter where mito QC can get rid of them.

My previous experiments with fusion/fission were directed to eliminating defective mitochondria, whereas here I'm trying to increase the pool of stem cells, so my recommendation on timing is a little different as stem cells take a lot longer to mature than mitochondria. I think one or two fusion/C60 days a week maximum, then tapering that off once the stem cell pools are sufficiently replenished. (How do you know when you have enough and can you have too many? I don't know at this point.) A couple of fission/exercise days a week seems fine as long as you give the C60 time to disappear--a couple of days after fusion/C60, it appears to me.

The use of C60 without taking all this into account will probably not extend human lifespan much as with the constant asymmetric stimulation of stem cells, the SC pool will be depleted. With short-lived rats that was not a consideration.

A couple of other questions people might ask: For instance, do you really need fission/exercise at all, and can you combine C60 with fission? I think you will get advantages from a larger SC pool without taking fission supplements or even without exercise, but they will be less, and I don't recommend taking C60 with fission as you will be stimulating stem cells into asymmetric division where you don't need new somatic cells. My own experience with that has been negative.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 April 2018 - 12:48 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#57 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

I wonder where CBD and THC fit into this process.

CBD and THC may modulate calcium homeostasis as well as mitochondrial activity. I’m wondering where this might fit In regards to fusion or fission.
https://www.projectc...nd-mitochondria

Mainly curious about this because I just begin another round of the above protocol including Turnbuckles latest post, but also happened to vape a little tonight. Could it help or hinder?

Edited by Nate-2004, 27 April 2018 - 12:08 AM.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#58 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

and the division of bone marrow cells increases starvation (due to increased expression FOXO1). The number of bone marrow stem cells increases 6 times:

Controlled fasting should be 5-6 days, then a break of 25 days (within 25 days there is a recovery of the body, during this period one should eat well). The procedure must be repeated 8 times.
And not a penny of money.

This is not difficult to achieve in reality is very easy, you don't need to abstain from food for 5-6 days for enter into all the fastin therapeutic effects, you can eat some things, from Valter Longo book The Longevity diet:

...we had determined that four major changes in the blood need to occur to show that the mouse had entered a protected state as a result of fasting: (1) lower levels of the growth factor IGF-1; (2) lower levels of glucose; (3) higher levels of ketone bodies, the by-product of fat breakdown; and (4) higher levels of a growth factor inhibitor (IGFBP1).
            To achieve these results (i.e., to mimic fasting), we fine-tuned a diet low in proteins and sugars and rich in healthy fats. We took

advantage of many additional nutritechnologies developed in my lab to ensure proper nourishment and maximum therapeutic effects. We called this regimen the  fasting mimicking diet (FMD), and later developed it into the product ProLon.

When we tested the three-day-long ProLon in sixteen-month-old mice (the equivalent of a forty-five-year-old human), the results were remarkable:

Their 75 percent lifespan (that is, the age at which 75 percent of the mice were still alive) was extended by 18 percent. Their 50 percent lifespan grew by 11 percent.               

The mice ate the same quantities of food per month as the mice on the non-ProLon diet, yet they lost weight, primarily abdominal fat, without loss of muscle mass.

Age-dependent loss of bone mineral density dropped.

Tumors were reduced by nearly half, and cancer onset for the great majority of mice on ProLon was pushed back to twenty-six months (equivalent to approximately seventy years for humans) from the onset at twenty months (equivalent to approximately age sixty in humans) in the group on the normal diet. Furthermore, the abnormal lesions in mice on Prolon tended to occur in no more than two organs, indicating that many tumors were probably benign.

Skin inflammatory disorders were cut in half.

In the ProLon group, a stem cell–dependent regenerative process rejuvenated the immune system. Regeneration also occurred in the liver, muscle, and brain. Levels of several types of stem cells increased.

In three different cognitive tests, old mice in the ProLon group performed better at motor coordination (movement), learning, and remembering than the control group.

According to this study:

A periodic diet that mimics fasting promotes multi-system regeneration, enhanced cognitive performance and healthspan
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4509734/

These results in two genetic backgrounds indicate that the FMD promotes neurogenesis in adult mice. Notably the brain did not undergo a measurable weight reduction during the FMD, indicating that regeneration can also occur independently of the organ size increase after refeeding. Thus, we hypothesize that alterations in circulating factors, such as the reduction in IGF-I levels and PKA signaling, can induce pro-regenerative changes that are both dependent and independent of the major cell proliferation that occurs during re-feeding, in agreement with our previous finding in bone marrow and blood cells (Cheng et al., 2014). Most likely, the increase in IGF-I and PKA after refeeding also contributes to the proliferative and regenerative process, raising the possibility that both low and high levels of these proteins can promote regeneration depending on the timing of their expression. Alternatively, the FMD may increase survival of newly-differentiated neurons, as observed in the dentate gyrus of alternate day-fed rodents (Lee et al., 2002; Mattson et al., 2001).

Basically we have increased stem cell circulation in both cases, during fasting and in the refeeding phase, however this study talks about such thing on brain, perhaps other cell types only shows an increased stem cell circulation on refeeding phase only. I don't remember well right now but apparently Longo says that circulating stem cells are increased during fasting but the big impact of these cells, the integration, repair and even greater increase of its circulation occurs after the re-feeding phase.

Another question I have has to do with the amount of time in which these stem cells last circulating in the system, Valter Longo recommends as a maximum to perform the FMD once a month and for people who have more than one risk marker.
So these positive increase in stem cell circulation last 24-25 days?

This interesting and noteworthy study say this: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5357144/

Fasting-mimicking diet promotes Ngn3-driven β-cell regeneration to reverse diabetes

In non-diabetic wild-type mice, the portion of beta cells per islet, as well as the total number of β cells per pancreas was reduced by about 60% at the end of a 4-day FMD but their normal level was completely restored within 3-to-5 days post re-feeding.

Well, after a FMD cycle is a good idea to take stearic acid and c60 :) and if you are healthy you always can obviate Valter Longo recommendations and do the FMD every month, I still don't know why he recommends every month FMD only for obese and people with more health risks like insulin problems, blood pressure and so on.

If fasting mimicking diet for 5 days can trigger stem cell proliferation for a time longer than 5 days, perhaps weeks then the needed for c60+Stearic Acid could be reduced for just to times a month, just for supporting the newly generated cells and increasing asymetrical division.

I think we need a fasting subforum, this easy to do, you save money and the health effect are great, Fasting has some positive effect that Calorie Restriction does not have, this is a great tool for longecitizens.

Edited by BieraK, 28 April 2018 - 08:31 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Agree x 1

#59 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I didn't say it was required. Like most of the other items on the list, it provides the stem cell what it needs to more easily do what you want it to do. Threonine is absolutely required for embryonic stem cells, but it is a leap to suppose it is needed for adult types. I have not found research either way, but I included it as insurance. As for blocking UCP pores, I proposed that years ago as a possible mechanism for C60 stimulation of stem cells. The actual mechanism is still unknown, but mitochondria are known to drive stem cells into differentiation or proliferation. Sufficient UCP pores normally keep them quiescent. Stem cells thus exist at a low energy level (from glycolysis), then these UCP pores disappear, mitochondria pump out ATP, and the stem cells are pushed into activity. Blocking pores (which leak hydrogen atoms) with the ball-like C60 atom would force these mitochondria to become active in the same way. So should other nanoparticles of the right size and predilection for mitochondria, such as particles of gold--

Particulate suspensions of C60 have been found to stimulate stem cells, but at very high dosages. The advantage of a C60 solution is obvious--a consistent diameter and no C60 wasted in particles too large to do the job. C60 also has the advantage of being a natural antioxidant.

A question has arisen in me when reading the last posts:
Do you know if stem cells have a mechanism for repairing damaged mitochondria?
I remember reading that they suffer less ROS than somatic cells, but that they can also suffer DNA damage.

It would be great to know that stem cells can effectively repair their nuclear and mitochondrial DNA damage.

#60 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

T

Kentavr`s video is also 100% based on Longo research.

Actually, 3-day fast for mice is much more profound than 5 days for humans. Mice lost around 25-30% of body mass during a 72h fast. I recall this topic pop up during one podcast with Longo that 5 days is really a minimum. He used 7-day FMD in a study for multiple sclerosis.  

Its hard to determine mitochondrial dynamics during FMD. Its an established fact that fast accompanied by fusion state. When you refeed is an actual moment when proliferation starts, but I assume feeding associated with fission.  I assume body shift mito`s to high energy state when a host is already vulnerable (fasting), and could go for maintenance and less energetic state when food is readily available. To force fusion at this moment would mean to turn mito dynamics to a opposite of what our bodies programmed to be. Don't know what to make out of it, I am not smart enough)

Edited by Andey, 28 April 2018 - 09:21 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users