• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#1921 Confectman

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2022 - 08:40 AM

First of all thanks for the great post. :)

On Monday I did my second cycle. At lunch I took my muffin with stearic acid and dihydromyricetin. 

This 2nd cycle I took also my daily supplements which includes: B-Complex, Minerals, Omega 3, L-Tyrosine, Bit D,A,K, Adrenotone, DHEA, L-Carnitine, Tongkat Ali ALA, Picamilon,Saw Palmetto, Stinging nettle Root.

After approx 30 mins I got a flash like being on psilocybin just without vision. I got a little bit panic :sad: , as I didn't know if I am going to collapse. I drank 2 liters water to dilute the mix.

The flash drops slowly after 90min. 

Can anybody see looking at the supplements what could cause this cross reaction?

Another question regarding the stearic acid. 

In Europe there is no source for food grade stearic acid. The only way I see is to buy cocoa butter (35% stearic acid)

Than the oil part will be too high to do the brownie or muffin and lecithin emulsifier need to be tripled to get all oil bound.

Would it be possible to consume a chocolate bar which contains 20% cocoa butter?

It would need 1,5 bars to reach the needed amount.

Thanks in advance,

#1922 johnhemming

• 311 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 09:03 AM

I have spent a good bit of time studying the B vitamins recently.  I think it is worth being quite clear on the balance of B vitamins.  B6 I find particularly curious as the form most people take (pyridoxine) actually inhibits the active form ( pyridoxal 5′-phosphate) so if you take too much you actually get the symptoms of a deficiency.  One symptom is tingling in the hands.  I actually got that at 100mg per day.  I have ordered the active form so this does not happen.

Similarly as NMN/NR is a type of B3 I would watch what is happening there.  They do, however, all underpin the metabolism in interesting ways.  Turnbuckle was kind enough to highlight Pantethine which is a form of B5 which is not rate limited.  It can, however, slow down clotting and cause hence higher levels of bilirubin (I think this happened for me as well).  However, B5 is one of the key ingredients in Royal Jelly which is a natural epigenetic enhancer.  I think this is because B5 is a Co Enzyme A precursor (as is Pantethine).

I do like the effects of Pantethine on metabolism of Acetaldehyde following Ethanol metabolism and I now find DHM and Pantethine an Ideal match to take when drinking.

However, I would be nervous about the relative quantities in a B complex as the B vitamins do tend to have impacts on each other (B6, 9 and 12 particularly).

When it comes to cocoa I wonder if the most important part is copper.  I was clearly copper deficient in part as a result of over consumption of ethanol,  That could be seen in the blood biomarkers for blood cells and also in bilirubin.  I stopped weekly blood tests during the holiday period as I could not easily arrange them (reliably) and also I was not tracking my inputs sufficiently precisely). However, I will revert soon. However, I did see some initial improvements in my blood biomarkers after starting a small dose of copper supplementation.  Also a blood test had me as deficient.

Here someone using cocoa for its copper content:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/10917028/

• Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1923 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2022 - 12:12 PM

First of all thanks for the great post. :)

On Monday I did my second cycle. At lunch I took my muffin with stearic acid and dihydromyricetin. 

This 2nd cycle I took also my daily supplements which includes: B-Complex, Minerals, Omega 3, L-Tyrosine, Bit D,A,K, Adrenotone, DHEA, L-Carnitine, Tongkat Ali ALA, Picamilon,Saw Palmetto, Stinging nettle Root.

After approx 30 mins I got a flash like being on psilocybin just without vision. I got a little bit panic :sad: , as I didn't know if I am going to collapse. I drank 2 liters water to dilute the mix.

The flash drops slowly after 90min. 

Can anybody see looking at the supplements what could cause this cross reaction?

Another question regarding the stearic acid. 

In Europe there is no source for food grade stearic acid. The only way I see is to buy cocoa butter (35% stearic acid)

Than the oil part will be too high to do the brownie or muffin and lecithin emulsifier need to be tripled to get all oil bound.

Would it be possible to consume a chocolate bar which contains 20% cocoa butter?

It would need 1,5 bars to reach the needed amount.

Thanks in advance,

I'd encourage you not to mix in other supplements helter-skelter. You could damage your stem cells and achieve the exact opposite of what you want. Stearic acid triglycerides cannot be taken at the same time as the rest of it, as it is very slow to digest -- 2-3 hours. Alternatively you can use GMS (1-2 grams) and DHM (2-5 grams). DHM might work alone, but I've generally used it with GMS. GMS (glycerol monostearate) should be available in Europe. These should be thoroughly mixed in water or fruit juice with a blender, and can be mixed in with C60 and other items of the protocol.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#1924 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 02:40 PM

If one uses the GMS along with the DHM, then one can dispense with using the stearic acid/brownie combination. Is this correct?

#1925 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:28 AM

I'm presently recovering from a Covid reinfection. Could doing the fusion part of protocol be expected to support recovery?  I assume it would be better skip fission at such a time, as it tends to be stressful.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1926 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:39 PM

It was doing fission, following a flight for business travel, that got me the 'rona in the first place. So, yeah, I would not do fission if your at risk.

Last year I actually waited until mid summer, when it was nice sunny and hot, in order to do the updated mito fission fusion protocol. I did not want to take any chances. I finished all 20 rounds before Labor Day weekend (2 cycles per week).

• Informative x 1

#1927 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:47 PM

I have spent a good bit of time studying the B vitamins recently.  I think it is worth being quite clear on the balance of B vitamins.  B6 I find particularly curious as the form most people take (pyridoxine) actually inhibits the active form ( pyridoxal 5′-phosphate) so if you take too much you actually get the symptoms of a deficiency.  One symptom is tingling in the hands.  I actually got that at 100mg per day.  I have ordered the active form so this does not happen.

How is this relevant to the C60 protocol?

If one uses the GMS along with the DHM, then one can dispense with using the stearic acid/brownie combination. Is this correct?

Yes.

It was doing fission, following a flight for business travel, that got me the 'rona in the first place. So, yeah, I would not do fission if your at risk.

Last year I actually waited until mid summer, when it was nice sunny and hot, in order to do the updated mito fission fusion protocol. I did not want to take any chances. I finished all 20 rounds before Labor Day weekend (2 cycles per week).

I don't know what "rona" is, and this is the C60 thread, not the mito thread.

#1928 trying2survive

• 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 08:46 PM

hi, not sure if anyone saw this but BuckyLabs finished a mouse C60 study. The C60 olive oil worked very well, but the C60 in mct oil did not. Details:  https://www.buckylab...ongevity-study/

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#1929 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2022 - 11:39 PM

hi, not sure if anyone saw this but BuckyLabs finished a mouse C60 study. The C60 olive oil worked very well, but the C60 in mct oil did not. Details:  https://www.buckylab...ongevity-study/

None are very meaningful unless fusion is used. Two previous studies attempting to reproduce the rat study with mice failed. Only the rat study likely had fusion (from overnight fasting), but they failed to mention it.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1930 qge

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2022 - 09:43 PM

Regulation of Embryonic Stem Cell Self-Renewal

https://www.mdpi.com...sion=1659097784

#1931 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 05:18 PM

I just took the C60 cocktail (fusion) for the first time a few minutes ago. I mixed it in with iced tea. I gotta tell you its nasty tasting stuff.But its all for a good cause. I took the C60 with the GMS, DHM, and the sun flower lecithin (all powers). I will wait about an hour and then take the rest of the fusion stuff, which is mostly tablets and capsules. I get to do the fission tomorrow and the next day. This week is round one. I plan to avoid alcohol Friday night, even though the last fission will be on Thursday. I go on holiday next week. I will try round two the week after. I plan to do 3 or 4 rounds this fall, then wait and see if it makes any changes in me. Then I might do a couple more early in the next year.

#1932 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2022 - 05:34 PM

The right flavoring can make a big difference. Try an orange/tangerine drink enhancer.

• like x 1

#1933 nadaepeu

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2022 - 12:17 PM

I just took the C60 cocktail (fusion) for the first time a few minutes ago. I mixed it in with iced tea. I gotta tell you its nasty tasting stuff.But its all for a good cause. I took the C60 with the GMS, DHM, and the sun flower lecithin (all powers). I will wait about an hour and then take the rest of the fusion stuff, which is mostly tablets and capsules. I get to do the fission tomorrow and the next day. This week is round one. I plan to avoid alcohol Friday night, even though the last fission will be on Thursday. I go on holiday next week. I will try round two the week after. I plan to do 3 or 4 rounds this fall, then wait and see if it makes any changes in me. Then I might do a couple more early in the next year.

DHM is the worst tasting part of the cocktail

Edited by nadaepeu, 31 August 2022 - 12:24 PM.

#1934 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2022 - 12:30 PM

DHM is the worst tasting part of the cocktail

That is true. So if you want to, take it in caps an hour before the rest of it.

#1935 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 01:47 PM

I just took the fission stack. Much easier than the fusion stack because of less things to take. Only the AAKG is in powder form, mixed with water. I will repeat tomorrow.

I read that if I really do have a lot of senescent cells being purged, that I should feel flu-like symptoms. When do these kick in after taking the fission stack?

#1936 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 01:32 PM

None are very meaningful unless fusion is used. Two previous studies attempting to reproduce the rat study with mice failed. Only the rat study likely had fusion (from overnight fasting), but they failed to mention it.

I have to push back here, we have a 240 mouse study with 16 on c60oo with the top 6 or 7 longest lived mice all on c60oo with the 25 percentileile living about 10% longer than the next best. It cannot be said this is not meaningful, Ihis is an extremely confident result and needs to be understood.

It is probably best this is taken the Ichor thread. 

• Good Point x 1

#1937 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 01:48 PM

with the 25 percentileile living about 10% longer than the next best

That's a far cry from the 90% longevity gain of the first study.

#1938 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 02:32 PM

These are mice. The study has never been repeated on Wistler rats.

Besides, the study is statistically significant or insignifcant on its own merits, not through the context of another. These results are indisputably signifcant, the question is to what it means with c60. To wind up with the top 6 or 7 and by some margin is no fluke. If you took away Baati, took away your work how would you look at c60oo here? It is very significantly life extending and a powerful result. We just need to understand it. IN addition there have been studies with mice that demonstrate an effect, over short term too. Such as Moody's ALM study - there was a lot of noise, but there was a signal.

edit - which is not to say fasting wasn't a contributing factor in the Baati study.

Edited by ambivalent, 04 September 2022 - 02:59 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#1939 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 03:00 PM

These are mice. The study has never been repeated on Wistler rats.

Besides, the study is statistically significant or insignifcant on its own merits, not through the context of another. These results are indisputably signifcant, the question is to what it means with c60. To wind up with the top 6 or 7 and by some margin is no fluke. If you took away Baati, took away your work how would you look at c60oo here? It is very significantly life extending and a powerful result. We just need to understand it. IN addition there have been studies with mice that demonstrate an effect, over short term too. Such as Moody's ALM study - there was a lot of noise, but there was a signal.

Are humans more rat like or mouse like? The original Moussa rat study showed a 90% increase for C60/EVOO and a 18% increase for EVOO alone. The Ichor mouse study show no significant increase in longevity for C60/EVOO or EVOO alone. The Shytikov mouse study showed no longevity improvement for C60/EVOO over controls, and a decrease in longevity for EVOO alone. There are only a few possibilities for resolving these marked differences:

1. The first study was fraudulent in some way.

2. Mice and rats are far more different than expected. So much so that applying these results to humans would be out of the question.

3. There is an uncontrolled variable.

With the outstanding results I've achieved with epigenetic age reversal by adding in fusion to C60/EVOO, the third option seems the only valid one.

• Good Point x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1940 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 07:21 PM

Turnbuckle, 

These are arguments against a positon I have clearly not taken: let me be clear:

You have suggested the study is not meaningul unless fusion is added. This doesn't make sense, it is a study in its own right and it has shown both very confident and significant effects on longevity in mice. Why other studies haven't shown it with mice, why it has with rats is a spin-off point for discussion.

We have a highly condfident study with significant life extension in mice - let's ask whats going on, rather than ignore it because it contradicts another study.

If this study had shown C60oo finished up bang average, you would have said 'see, it shows you need fusion'. In fact the very opposite is indicated - c60 has a highly signifcant longevity benefit over all the other groups.

Far better we move on to what is interesting here and see what can be explained, which I am happy to do in another post.

Edited by ambivalent, 04 September 2022 - 07:22 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#1941 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 07:43 PM

As for whether mice might be different from rats - yes absolutely, I believe this could be a strong explanation. Several times over the years I posted a couple of studies demonstrating the effect specificially of fasting recovery from spinal chord injury in rats, where there was no fasting recovery benefit for mice with the same injury. This might well embolden your theory on fusion - that perhaps with rats fasting triggers fusion and stem cell proliferation, where it doesn't with mice. So yes, maybe that's why with the mice it is not so impressive. And maybe with this mouse study we are looking at the c60oo longeivty benefit with the stem cell benefit removed - perhaps because of the olive oil, or because of its incredibly potent antioxidant properties. 

Also when comparing c60 studies, we may have on the one hand a study with no effect and one with incredibly powerful and confident study: which to believe?

Well, firstly we do have other studies - Moody's AML study, which showed an effect, and also Agevivio had two mice living over 30 months - longer than any in this study. 

It is also worth noting that the longest lived recorded mouse a few years back, if I recall, was achieved through good husbandry. This at least would suggest that mice are sensitive souls, and perhaps good husbandry will express longevity effects of some drug, which poor husbrandy will dampen out. So experimental design may matter in teasing out the benefit of c60oo. 

I am not going to run this on two threads: this study is impressive, curious and certainly worth exploring.  

• Well Written x 1

#1942 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:23 PM

Please link to the paper associated with this "240 mouse study".

• Good Point x 1

#1943 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 08:43 PM

Turnbuckle, you state your theorems as proven based on your results, which are taken on trust. You're right, I am assuming they're not lying. 

Edited by ambivalent, 04 September 2022 - 08:44 PM.

#1944 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 09:06 PM

Are you going to link to the paper or not? I'm making an assumption that there is no paper and you got your information from the buckylabs site, and you are making your arguments from the plot there. However, that plot is a mess, and it seems to be intentional to make C60 look better than it is. I took it, and in a few minutes I drew what it should look like, shown in the attachment with the original plot as an insert. All curves should show 100% until the first animal dies, and thereafter each curve should look like a staircase, with 90 degree angles. I did this freehand, making guesses where the break points are, and I see something quite different. For C60, 50% of the animals live longer than the controls, and the other 50% die sooner than the controls. The overall increase in longevity seems to be zero.

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 04 September 2022 - 09:49 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • like x 2

#1945 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2022 - 10:14 PM

Well, this is what I was going to mention in the other thread, which I have half written that there is something incredibly odd with the c60oo data - the two halves of the mortality numbers.

There is something at the half way stage that is so improbable, yet happens: 8 out of the maybe 80-100 are c60oo and they wind up filling the top 6 or 7 spaces. That is too significant to ignore. The first 50 percentile significantly underachieve compared to the control and several other groups, but the survivors then dramatically outperform all other groups. 

How to explain, well it reminds me of Agevivo's study and niner's comment when wondering how to interpret the data, whether to average or not, when one mouse died at 22 months, with a tumour, and I believe the other two at around 33 months:

"The problem with statistics is that it has built-in assumptions about normal distributions and randomness. When you understand the data, it's no longer some sort of normally-distributed black box. I think that averaging the tumor case with the two normal cases is inappropriate because these data are not normally distributed- there are two different classes." 

It is very strange, how do the mice go from such an average position at the 50%ile mark, to something so improbable where there is more chance of winning the lottery then finding c60 with the top 6 positions. And add to that lottery likelihood, the improbability of how much better those 50 percentile survivors are than the rest.

What I wonder whether it is as niner described, within the 16 mice there are two subclasses, like Agevivo's, those with tumours and those without. And maybe c60oo not only does no favours, but accelerates the tumours. It is too small a sample to draw those conclusions, though. 

It does look as though for those that survive the first 50 percentile onslaught, c60oo seems to square the curve, akin to agevivo's two mice, for the rest given the rapid descent at the end and the preceding relative flatness over 600-800 days as other groups are in free-fall.

For the c60oo 50% group to be buried in the masses, only then to crazily outperform other groups looks way to improbabe for something very strange not to be going on. Unless those first 8 losses contained some real bad luck.

note: I don't have the paper, I read from the chart.

Edited by ambivalent, 04 September 2022 - 10:19 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#1946 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 05:09 AM

Unless researchers take Turnbuckle's c60 fusion hypothesis into account when designing their studies, it would be easy for them to inadvertantly muck up any c60 study.  For example, certain rat chow ingredients would promote fusion whereas others would not, and of course there's the feeding schedule.    

One thing I learned researching the carnivore diet was the unreliability of the descriptions of the actual composition of rat chows, particularly with regards to the sources/types of fat.  

Edited by Empiricus, 05 September 2022 - 05:11 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1947 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 05:41 AM

Here's some references for you:  

Nutritional profile of rodent diets impacts experimental reproducibility in microbiome preclinical research

https://www.nature.c...598-020-74460-8

"These results suggest that nutritional composition of commercially available rodent diets impact gut microbiota profiles and fermentation patterns, with major implications for the reproducibility of results across laboratories."

Dissimilar fatty acid composition of standard rat chow

https://pubmed.ncbi....ih.gov/2816986/

Edited by Empiricus, 05 September 2022 - 05:52 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1948 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2022 - 12:40 PM

Here is one of the papers I mentioned, referencing the successful rat study on SPI with EODF, and the failure with mice. 

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/21410319/

the preceding study with rats, no gain with CR:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/21219083/

Fasting before a planned accident, like an operation, rather than after, would be better.

So no fasting induced ketosis for mice, and no recovery. Obviously we don't know whether the mice-mitcohondria fused, but are they both dependent on some epigenetic switch, which isn't triggered in mice during fasting but is in people and rats? 

Incidentally, we know CR extends lifespans of mice, but is there evidence of fasting?

I was surprised to see this clinical study in 2008 on effect of EODF on spinal cord injury:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18585708/

"In agreement, EODF preserved neuronal integrity, dramatically reduced lesion volume by >50%, and increased sprouting of corticospinal axons."

Edited by ambivalent, 05 September 2022 - 12:54 PM.

#1949 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 05 September 2022 - 02:11 PM

Unless researchers take Turnbuckle's c60 fusion hypothesis into account when designing their studies, it would be easy for them to inadvertantly muck up any c60 study.  For example, certain rat chow ingredients would promote fusion whereas others would not, and of course there's the feeding schedule.    

One thing I learned researching the carnivore diet was the unreliability of the descriptions of the actual composition of rat chows, particularly with regards to the sources/types of fat.  

There is absolutely no chance of validating the TB protocol in a mice or rat lifespan study, there are too many moving parts.

We have the mitochondrial fusion coincident with C60oo dosing, we have mitochondrial fission carried out separately, we have senolytic rounds, we have all the other supplements used for the various phases (some of which have independent epigenetic age reversal evidence, i.e. AKG). We also have other interactions like telomerase activators that can mess up the results.

Even TB doesn't know what the most important elements are!

For example, how important is coinciding mitochondrial fusion with C60 dosing? TB attributes great importance to this, but for all we know it is the alternating of C60 dosing and mitochondrial fission that provides the sustainable benefits (rather than the fading experienced with C60 dosing alone). The evidence for stem cell stimulation is also highly speculative, alternative theories have not been explored. 

I do not write any of this to disparage Turnbuckle's achievements in self-experimentation; he knew something was special about C60 and had the persistence to discover something remarkable.  He has either found a way to reverse aging, or he has found a way to utterly break the methylation aging tests and discredit them forever!

But we don't know what is going on under the hood of this protocol and won't until each element is isolated and tested independently. 

• Good Point x 2

#1950 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2022 - 02:24 PM

"For C60, 50% of the animals live longer than the controls, and the other 50% die sooner than the controls. The overall increase in longevity seems to be zero."

I disagree with this reduction not least because it ignores the other 200 plus implicit controls of the other 20 groups. As stated, the top 6 or 7 longest lived are c60oo, out of 240 - this isn't massaging data to make c60oo look good. The 224 mice is a far more meaningful comparison as a control group than the study designed group of 12. The 12 controls might be a better comparison group than any other individual group, but not better than the aggregated mass of them all because what the 224 lose on control conditions they make up for in numbers. And too of course once observing how tightly grouped all the others are, bar three or four, it becomes an implicitly more reliable control group. So, what do we believe, that the first 50 percentile is not representative of c60's impact on longevity, but the second group is. Or vice versa, or both are or both aren't? Those are the possibilities.  

The key confident statistic which informs on which of those possibilities is likely, is the absurd improbability that c60oo could find the top 6 positions by chance with say 100 mice still going.  And more to the point, that the longevity margin is so significant for the top 25 percentile compared to every other group. So that those guys have benefitted from c60oo supplementation would seem to be next to impossible to refute, if the study is being conducted properly, naturally. 

So what of the lower 50 percentile? Well, this suggests either the presence of subclasses which c60oo alone is expressing - those amenable to c60 life extension, and those not amenable (say with tumours). Or they were very unlucky.

The symmetry of your graph creates an illusion of normal distribution, a balance of c60's impact either side of the control group, something of a proprosed mean. But that might be the case with say height or weight, but not longevity, not at least when the life extension is exceptional.

Nature finds far easier ways to intervene to dramatically cut short life, than to extend it: its easier to exit at 60, than 100, say. So in that sense, the LHS of the chart requires a far larger sample to be convinced its an expected effect than the one on the RHS, providing the RHS is at a suitable extreme. Hence it is far more likely the underachieving first 50 percentile is down to bad luck, than the over-achieving second percentile is due to blessed fortune - it is just too improbable to achieve such a result. I would bet for example, if we had just 20 control groups, and ran the study millions of times, the first 50 percentile mortality numbers of the c60oo group would be mirrored thousands of more times by control groups, than the second. That is why, I say it demonstrates a longevity effect, both samples appear outliers compared to the small sampled control but they are not at all equivalent outliers, even though they appear so visually. And more to the point to describe the LHS as an outlier to the control group is not fair because the control group would be a poor benchmark due to its sample size. If drawing on the other 20 groups as a quasi-control, as I suggest, then c60oo is not doing so poorly at the halfway stage and the suggestion might be that the control group is overperfroming, which at that sample is more than possible.   

My view is that possible there are certain risks the mice need navigate, in order to expereince c60's wind in their sales. But to be confident in that effect, rather than luck or variance, we'd need a considerable increase in sample size. Not so for the second percentile, which is a highly confident result.  

Edited by ambivalent, 05 September 2022 - 02:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users