• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Stem cell self-renewal with C60

c60 stem cells mitochondria fusion stearic acid aging hydroxytyrosol olive oil mct oil proliferation

• Please log in to reply
2522 replies to this topic

#2491 timedilation

• 63 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 02:28 PM

I recall reading somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that most commercially available food grade GMS is actually a 50-50 mixture of glycerol monostearate with glycerol monopalmitate.  Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, palmitic acid is potentially harmful, so it would be useful to track down a supply of "pure" food grade GMS.  Do we know if such a thing exists?

Edit: I did a quick search and found 2 places that claim to have 99-100% pure GMS.

https://www.bulk.com...nostearate.html

https://www.lifelabs...ol-monostearate

Of course, they could be lying, or it could be more common to make pure GMS than I thought.

Edited by timedilation, 09 December 2023 - 02:39 PM.

#2492 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2023 - 03:53 PM

I recall reading somewhere (maybe earlier in this thread) that most commercially available food grade GMS is actually a 50-50 mixture of glycerol monostearate with glycerol monopalmitate.  Am I remembering this correctly?  If so, palmitic acid is potentially harmful, so it would be useful to track down a supply of "pure" food grade GMS.  Do we know if such a thing exists?

Edit: I did a quick search and found 2 places that claim to have 99-100% pure GMS.

Of course, they could be lying, or it could be more common to make pure GMS than I thought.

Stearic acid works well for 97% of the body. But as the other 3% is the brain--due to blocking by the BBB--I recommend using dihydromyricetin (DHM) instead, 1 g. 

• Informative x 5
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2493 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:06 PM

So GMS is not necessary at all if you use DHM?

I've been using the DHM tablets that come in 1 g for this and the mitochondrial protocol.

#2494 Empiricus

• 332 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 04:35 PM

Hearing that as little as one gram of DHM could do the trick is good news. 

Edited by Empiricus, 10 December 2023 - 04:35 PM.

#2495 Gern

• 62 posts

Posted 31 December 2023 - 02:21 AM

Is there s at all relevant:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/35628525/

Edited by Gern, 31 December 2023 - 02:22 AM.

• Informative x 1

#2496 Repack Racing

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2024 - 03:28 AM

Here too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284909381921

So GMS is not necessary at all if you use DHM?

I've been using the DHM tablets that come in 1 g for this and the mitochondrial protocol.

I use both 

• Informative x 1

#2497 nadaepeu

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2024 - 07:37 PM

Any opinions about this patent ?

https://patentimages...080085330A1.pdf

• Informative x 1

#2498 njurkovi

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2024 - 10:55 PM

I was wondering if anybody has an insight as to which supplement present in the latest Turnbuckle protocol (fusion day only) has a potential to cause diarrhea?

#2499 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 11:31 PM

I've had the same problem. I think it one of the powders.

Edited by kurt9, 05 March 2024 - 11:31 PM.

#2500 njurkovi

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2024 - 12:10 AM

Yep, I figured that, but which one :-)

Pretty sure it is not AAKG because that is taken on fission days too. I am assuming AKG is not the cuprit either.

So that leaves

DHM

GSM

Glutathione

Lechitin

I guess when I am not on the protocol, I will try each one on a separate day and see what happens

#2501 njurkovi

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2024 - 12:21 AM

A very quick search results:

Diarrhea syndrome was found to decrease markedly after glutathione administration in a dose of 1 g/kg
 lechitin It can cause some side effects including diarrhea,
  DHM alleviated loss of weight, diarrhea, and damage of colon structure in colitis mice
  Some side effects of GMS may include headaches, dizziness, bloating, nausea, thirst and diarrhea.

so lechitin or GMS ?

My bet is lechitin, because dosage is way more than generally suggested (as opposed to GMS)

Will decrease and report.

#2502 Gern

• 62 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 10:08 PM

I’ve had a slight fever a half dozen or more times after the dose of c60 on the first day. It ranges anywhere from barely measurable op to 100.4 degrees C. Onset is 5-9 hours after taking the C60 and it subsided within 7-12 hours. It’s happened with different batches of brownies and different bottles of C60. It’s strange.
I’ve had a slight fever a half dozen or more times after the dose of c60 on the first day. It ranges anywhere from barely measurable op to 100.4 degrees C. Onset is 5-9 hours after taking the C60 and it subsided within 7-12 hours. It’s happened with different batches of brownies and different bottles of C60. It didn’t happen for the first 40 doses or so. It’s strange.

Edited by Gern, 09 March 2024 - 10:18 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2503 Female Scientist

• 59 posts

Posted 03 April 2024 - 07:33 PM

I was wondering if anybody has an insight as to which supplement present in the latest Turnbuckle protocol (fusion day only) has a potential to cause diarrhea?

I had the same problem. I decreased sunflower lecithin to one gel cap/ 600 mg, which I tolerated well and didn’t cause me any G.I. distress.
  • Informative x 1

#2504 njurkovi

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2024 - 07:56 PM

Yes, it was definitely lecithin. I reduced my dosage to about 1800 (also switched from powder to pills) and the problems went away.

I guess, I was taking way too much to start with

• Informative x 1

#2505 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 24 May 2024 - 03:42 PM

This and the other protocol (mitochondrial) protocol has given me the body of early 20's in terms of leanness and muscularity.  I've been using this protocol on and off (3-5 rounds every four months) for the past year and a half. It definitely has increased my hair density. But it has not increased the diameter of the hairs themselves. It also has not done much for age spot removal or skin elasticity. I don't have the wrinkles that most Caucasian people have. But I have the very fine lines when I push or pull my skin on my arms. What results have many of you had with this protocol in terms of skin restoration?

• Informative x 2

#2506 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2024 - 12:36 AM

This and the other protocol (mitochondrial) protocol has given me the body of early 20's in terms of leanness and muscularity.  I've been using this protocol on and off (3-5 rounds every four months) for the past year and a half. It definitely has increased my hair density. But it has not increased the diameter of the hairs themselves. It also has not done much for age spot removal or skin elasticity. I don't have the wrinkles that most Caucasian people have. But I have the very fine lines when I push or pull my skin on my arms. What results have many of you had with this protocol in terms of skin restoration?

How old are you?

my physique has definitely become as good as if I were in my mid 20s (I am in my mid 40s)

Edited by Kelvin, 28 May 2024 - 12:36 AM.

#2507 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 01:37 PM

I am 61.

#2508 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2024 - 11:05 PM

For better skin results with the C60 protocol, you might want to try cutting out all caffeine (including from tea and soda) for a month and eating salmon twice a week to upregulate your beta-adrenergic receptors.

Although the C60 protocol improved the youthfulness of my skin, I still had problems like wounds not healing as fast as I wanted (I have had this problem for over a decade, before I tried either the mito or C60 protocol).

Then, last year when I encountered problems with excess serotonin  from years of taking serotonin raising supplements and then (what finally led to a tipping point) combining 5-HTP with the C60 protocol, I took propranolol to upregulate my beta receptors as part of my  7 step serotonin reducing protocol.

I also took Omega 3 later in the protocol and eat 36 mgs of 70% dark chocolate 4-5 days a week (Lindt brand dark chocolate balls) to lower norepinephrine/noradrenaline and epinephrine/adrenaline to further upregulate my beta receptors, and ending all caffeine intake (I used to be a big coffee, green tea, and occasional Nic-vape user).

What I noticed was that the propranolol, surprisingly and unexpectedly, ended the rapid heartbeat and anxiety attacks I had when I ate meat most of last year or took certain supplements (and later the mito protocol which I did 22 times earlier this year entirely eliminated any remaining problems I had eating meat).

Propranolol also had the unexpected effect of making my skin heal noticeably faster.

Apparently both the relief in rapid heartbeat from eating meat and the restoration of skin healing is related to the beta receptors not just controlling responses to adrenaline.  It also is involved in glucose metabolism.  Presumably my rapid heartbeat from eating meat was caused by my beta receptors so downregulated from serotonin-triggered adrenaline release that there weren't enough beta receptors left to both control normal cardiovascular responses and convert food into glucose.

The mito protocol helped me eat without side effects because the mitochondria (among many other things) are needed to process protein and fat and many supplements, and they are heavily involved in anxiety responses because MAO is directly embedded within mitochondria.  But I couldn't take mito protocol until later in my serotonin-reducing protocol.

It also appears that beta receptors are somehow involved in wound healing, probably because of their effect on glucose metabolism -

Docosahexaenoic acid facilitates cell maturation and -adrenergic transmission in astrocytes

https://www.research...lication_detail

The effects of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3), a major v-3 PUFA in the mammalian brain, on the structure and function of astrocytes were studied using primary cultures from rat cerebra. Gas-liquid chromatography of methyl esters of FAs isolated from cultures exposed to individual FAs, namely, stearic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, and DHA, showed alterations in the lipid profiles of the membranes, with a preferential incorporation of the FA to which the cells were exposed. Immuno-fluorescence studies demonstrated that unlike treatment with other FAs, after which the astrocytes remained as immature radial forms, DHA-treated astrocytes showed distinct differentiation, having morphology comparable to those grown in normal serum-containing medium.

Receptor binding studies to determine the concentration of various neurotransmitter receptors showed that DHA selectively increased the number of b-adrenergic receptors (b-ARs) compared with FA-untreated controls, suggesting a greater role of DHA on b-AR expression in membranes. This was also reflected by an increase in downstream events of the b-AR pathways, such as the induction of protein kinase A and glycogen turnover by isoproterenol (ISP), a b-AR agonist in DHA-treated cells.

The b-AR system is an important intrinsic regulator of the glycogen turnover of mammalian brain. We determined the glycogen content in specific FA-enriched astrocytic cells under normal and ISP-treated conditions (Fig. 7A). Compared with untreated controls, supplementation of SA and AA had no effect on the glycogen content of the cells, whereas LA and DHA caused significant increases in total glycogen, with average increases 250% and 760%, respectively. When the cells were exposed to ISP, there was significant breakdown in total glycogen content in all FA-treated cells compared with corresponding cells in which no ISP was added. Here also, the maximum breakdown of glycogen by ISP occurred in DHA-supplemented cells, which decreased to the level observed in FA-deficient astrocytes.

Because the observed 7.5-fold increase in total glycogen content in DHA-supplemented cells could be attributable to an effect on the synthesis rate of glycogen, we evaluated the amount of incorporation of [14C]glucose into glycogen in these cells in the presence and absence of ISP (Fig. 7B). In the absence of ISP, treatment with DHA caused an 50% decrease in the newly synthesized glycogen compared with FA-deficient control cells. However, on ISP treatment, there was a 10-fold increase in the incorporation of [14C]glucose into glycogen in the DHA supplemented astrocytes compared with the ISP-treated control cells.

Edited by Kelvin, 30 May 2024 - 11:12 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2509 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2024 - 11:14 PM

I you are allergic to fish oil try getting Omega 3 from Omega 3 enriched algae supplements on Amazon.

#2510 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 12:09 AM

A month ago I tried 3 rounds of the C60 cycle without 5-HTP.  I had no symptoms of excess serotonin when I tried it again, so I can confirm the 5-HTP was the cause of my symptoms last year.

I therefore recommend not using anything that might increase serotonin in the protocol such as SAM-e or 5-HTP.  Also, since the C60 protocol may accelerate neural receptor upregulation or downregulation faster than normal, I recommend lowering AKG use (which can elevate glutamate) to just 500 mgs on the fission days.

• Informative x 1

#2511 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 12:13 AM

I have published a complete protocol, based on my experiences last year, on how to enhance creativity by lowering serotonin levels, as well as possible methods for curing or minimizing other side effects of excess serotonin.  

Part of the title appears to be cutoff because I ran out of space for it.

The complete title should be -

Enhancing Creativity for Artists Through Reducing Serotonin Levels - A Revolutionary Approach to Nootropics, Optimizing Imagination, and Improving Overall Mental Health

https://www.longecit...-to-nootropics/

Edited by Kelvin, 31 May 2024 - 01:07 AM.

#2512 Empiricus

• 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 05:46 AM

A month ago I tried 3 rounds of the C60 cycle without 5-HTP.  I had no symptoms of excess serotonin when I tried it again, so I can confirm the 5-HTP was the cause of my symptoms last year.

I therefore recommend not using anything that might increase serotonin in the protocol such as SAM-e or 5-HTP.  Also, since the C60 protocol may accelerate neural receptor upregulation or downregulation faster than normal, I recommend lowering AKG use (which can elevate glutamate) to just 500 mgs on the fission days.

After a long break, I tried the stem cell protocol again without SAM-e and for once didn't experience any unpleasant mental side effects (such as dizziness).  Once again I took plenty of DHM, so that doesn't seem to have been the culprit.  

As I mentioned before, my worst experience with the protocol was the time I included Saint John's Wort which up-regulates serotonin 5-HT(2) receptors. 

Edited by Empiricus, 31 May 2024 - 05:53 AM.

• Informative x 3

#2513 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 02:27 PM

After a long break, I tried the stem cell protocol again without SAM-e and for once didn't experience any unpleasant mental side effects (such as dizziness).  Once again I took plenty of DHM, so that doesn't seem to have been the culprit.  

As I mentioned before, my worst experience with the protocol was the time I included Saint John's Wort which up-regulates serotonin 5-HT(2) receptors. 

I recommend trying collagen on an empty stomach for a few days on a weekend at home to see if you need further upregulation of the serotonin receptors.  If you don’t have serious downregulation you may only need to use collagen for a week or a few days to Upregulate them. 

Also, Turnbuckle said he still had high blood pressure despite using the C60 protocol many times.  His recurring high blood pressure might be caused by including SAM-e in the protocol, in which case he could try fixing it with collagen and then later Omega 3 to Upregulate the aldosterone/mineralcorticoid receptors that influence blood pressure -

Can Serotonin Cause High Blood Pressure / Hypertension ? (Serotonin causing High Blood Pressure)

https://area1255.blo...d-pressure.html

Serotonin is implicated in a number of cross-reactions in the nervous system, and there are serotonin receptors located directly in/on the heart/atrium. Increased activity of the serotonin receptors 5-HT2B and 5-HT4 is shown on failing hearts. (3) (4)

As such , chemicals/drugs that block these two serotonin receptors are being investigated/trialed for the treatment of those with various forms of heart disease. (5) (6)
Namely, right ventrical heart failure (5-HT2B) and congestive heart failure (CHF) along with tachycardia (5-HT4).

In addition to central heart failure, serotonin itself is dangerous in moderately-elevated to substantially elevated amounts, high plasma serotonin levels are found to cause primary pulmonary hypertension (7) (8) (9).

Additionally, serotonin is found to , along with adrenaline, mediate stress-induced increases in systolic blood pressure, which essentially means that serotonin is about half of the reason why blood pressure can go up in response to stress(10) (11). Part of this has to do with the serotonin induced accumulation of ALDOSTERONE via 5-HT4 receptor activation(12).

#2514 FWP

• 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:12 PM

How much collagen and later on omega 3 would you recommend?

#2515 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:29 PM

It depends how downregulated your serotonin and beta receptors are. 

If you just want to give yourself a cognitive boost try 1.5 grams a day for a week and then 1.5 grams once a month or two months for maintenance.  

For beta receptors, for maintenance I just have 6 ounces of salmon for two days in a row every two weeks. I also have cutout caffeine completely since I couldn’t tolerate it last year. 

#2516 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:34 PM

I should add I drink moderately 2 days a week on weekends, which helps keep serotonin minimized, and why I don’t need collagen more frequently.  I do this both as part of the maintenance phase and because that was already how I normally drink alcohol.  

#2517 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 05:42 PM

That is my other question. When I do this protocol, I do it on three days - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is because I am also a social drinker on weekends (2 shots of rum on Friday night and one "tall boy" of Guinness on Saturday) and I have a buffer day before the start and after the finish of the protocol each week. Is this an issue. I also do not take any other supplements at all during the three days of the protocol. I take no prescription meds at all.

#2518 njurkovi

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2024 - 05:48 PM

kurt9 - I have been doing it exactly like you (regarding alcohol and frequency of protocol) for the past 16 weeks. I have just set my sample to trume. Will report if results are any different from other cycles when I didn't drink any alcohol (in those instances my bio age dropped by 1-2 years on average)

Edited by njurkovi, 31 May 2024 - 05:49 PM.

#2519 kurt9

• 262 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 01:19 AM

This is a little off topic. But I will ask it here. Some papers I've found suggests that skin aging, more than aging of most other tissues, is due to AGE crosslinks. 

I had a friend who was certain that AGE crosslinks were nothing more than an imbalance between anabolism and catabolism, suggesting that restoration of mitochondrial function (which the other Turbuckle protocol certainly does) ought to fix it straight aways. My friend is the same guy that came up with the ALA (alpha lipoic acid) chelation protocol that worked so successfully for me 16 years ago. Among other things it lowered by blood pressure. Any comments on this?

Kevin, I'll have to try your suggestion of eliminating caffeine from my diet the next time I do the stem cell/senolytic protocols and see how it works.

#2520 Kelvin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2024 - 10:45 PM

That is my other question. When I do this protocol, I do it on three days - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is because I am also a social drinker on weekends (2 shots of rum on Friday night and one "tall boy" of Guinness on Saturday) and I have a buffer day before the start and after the finish of the protocol each week. Is this an issue. I also do not take any other supplements at all during the three days of the protocol. I take no prescription meds at all.

For the C60 protocol I abstain from alcohol 1 week before and for two weeks afterwards to give the stem cells time to convert to somatic cells without exposure to alcohol. 

My frequency is 3 cycles done over 9 days once every 6 months, usually during colder times of the year when there is less sunlight. 

This is a little off topic. But I will ask it here. Some papers I've found suggests that skin aging, more than aging of most other tissues, is due to AGE crosslinks. 

I had a friend who was certain that AGE crosslinks were nothing more than an imbalance between anabolism and catabolism, suggesting that restoration of mitochondrial function (which the other Turbuckle protocol certainly does) ought to fix it straight aways. My friend is the same guy that came up with the ALA (alpha lipoic acid) chelation protocol that worked so successfully for me 16 years ago. Among other things it lowered by blood pressure. Any comments on this?

Kevin, I'll have to try your suggestion of eliminating caffeine from my diet the next time I do the stem cell/senolytic protocols and see how it works.

NMN reduces advanced glycation end products (AGE). In the US NMN is still available for direct order on the website of Swanson and Double Wood.  Jarrow now only sells its NMN to addresses outside the US.  

https://www.toukastr...022/GS22-16.pdf

Edited by Kelvin, 02 June 2024 - 10:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, stem cells, mitochondria, fusion, stearic acid, aging, hydroxytyrosol, olive oil, mct oil, proliferation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users