• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone considering supplementing with Urolithin A?

urolithin a gordonibacter urolithinfaciens ellagic acid atherosclerosis

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ write a quiz!

#1 Daniel Cooper

• 818 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

For it's anti-atherosclerosis effect?

I don't see anyone selling it as a supplement yet, but I have see Urolithin A powder up for sale on Amazon on occasion (unfortunately don't see any now).

Ideally what I'd really like to supplement with is the proper strain of gordonibacter urolithinfaciens then consume ellagic acid, but I can find no once sell a probiotic or even the raw bacterial strain.

So, anyone thinking about consuming Urolithin A and if so do you have a source and dose in mind?

#2 Oakman

• 594 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

I've just received some Meeker Red Raspberry Powder, so it's raw material for making Urolithin A, if your gut can act on it. Perhaps the right raw material encourages natural gordonibactor growth?

516Ma-o-37L.jpg

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Daniel Cooper

• Topic Starter
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

It would be awesome if someone would sell a probiotic with gordonibacter urolithinfaciens. 

I'm frankly shocked that no one has such a product on the market. Barring that, Urolithin A is orally available and could be supplemented directly, and you wouldn't have to wonder if the bacteria actually did it's thing on the raw material.

Why is it that half the supplements that I think really might positively impact your health are unobtainable but all sorts of sketchy worthless things are out there in droves?

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 William Sterog

• 338 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

It would be awesome if someone would sell a probiotic with gordonibacter urolithinfaciens.

I'm frankly shocked that no one has such a product on the market. Barring that, Urolithin A is orally available and could be supplemented directly, and you wouldn't have to wonder if the bacteria actually did it's thing on the raw material.

Why is it that half the supplements that I think really might positively impact your health are unobtainable but all sorts of sketchy worthless things are out there in droves?

Care to talk about the supplements that you consider truly effective?

#5 hazy

• 1,018 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

how come only specific type of bacteria can make this thing? so how about the generally good bacteria we get from yogurt for example, what do they do with this?

• Good Point x 1

#6 CHanderson

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

Anti-aging Effects Of Urolithin A On Replicative Senescent Human Skin Fibroblasts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30215291

Is worth a read.

• Informative x 1

#7 Daniel Cooper

• Topic Starter
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

Anti-aging Effects Of Urolithin A On Replicative Senescent Human Skin Fibroblasts.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/30215291

Is worth a read.

Good info.

This is a very interesting compound.

If only we had a source for supplemental urolithin A or a gordonibacter urolithinfaciens probiotic.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Nate-2004

• 2,124 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

If I had the means I'd find some way to isolate this bacteria and synthesize Urolithin A and find some way to isolate it. I don't know what kind of equipment that takes. Probably more than I can afford.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: urolithin a, gordonibacter urolithinfaciens, ellagic acid, atherosclerosis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users