• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Trodusquemine Reverse Plaque - Group Buy Share Data

arterial plaque trodusquemine msi-1436 cardiovascular disease coronary arteries carotid arteries calcification mouse study cancer diabetes

• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#181 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

What are your expectations concerning claramine toxicity based on?  I'm hopeful that this is true but have no idea how to estimate or reason out an answer.  I'm wondering if there are for fee labs around set up to do tests.

Mike

re: claramine

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25623533

Another compound which may be cheaper to obtain is Squalamine,  which also has similar properties, though does not cross the BB barrier, IIRC.

In any event, Trodusquemine is preferred, even at twice the price, as far as I am concerned.

The protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitor MSI-1436
stimulates regeneration of heart and multiple other tissues:

https://www.nature.c...1536-017-0008-1

#182 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:23 PM

Could you cite some sources of information regarding claramine?

A Pubmed search found only these two articles, neither of which seems germane:

Claramines: A New Class Of Broad-Spectrum Antimicrobial Agents With Bimodal Activity.
Blanchet M, Borselli D, Rodallec A, Peiretti F, Vidal N, Bolla JM, Digiorgio C, Morrison KR, Wuest WM, Brunel JM.
ChemMedChem. 2018 May 23;13(10):1018-1027. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.201800073. Epub 2018 Apr 10.

Functional properties of Claramine: a novel PTP1B inhibitor and insulin-mimetic compound.
Qin Z, Pandey NR, Zhou X, Stewart CA, Hari A, Huang H, Stewart AF, Brunel JM, Chen HH.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Feb 27;458(1):21-7. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2015.01.040. Epub 2015 Jan 24.

There are likely significant other benefits related to the compound, which has potential multisystem regenerative capabilities. Those would require more that a single dose. I encourage people to read the early investigational animal studies by Zasloff.

Claramine is very similar, and supposedly easier to manufacture - I posted on this earlier. I expect zero toxicity for these compounds, provided they are essentially pure, endotoxin removed, and filtered.

I would be good with Claramine as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Could you cite some sources of information regarding claramine?

A Pubmed search found only these two articles, neither of which seems germane:

I think the second citation is relevant. Pls read the full paper. It has the same  effects as trodusquamine, but is less potent at equivalent doses in terms of its PTB1B inhibition.

"In search of new selective inhibitors of PTP1B to improve insulin
signaling and glycemic control for type II diabetes, we tested an
analog of Trodusquemine, a known selective inhibitor of PTP1B.
Here, we report that a novel and easily manufactured compound
Claramine is also a selective inhibitor of PTP1B. Like Trodusquemine,
Claramine had a strong insulin-mimetic action in neuronal
cells and rapidly restored glycemic control and insulin sensitivity in
diabetic mice. In addition, a single dose of Claramine transiently
suppressed food intake causing weight loss in mice.
The observation that a single intraperitoneal administration of
Claramine suppresses feeding behavior indicates that Claramine
can cross the blood brain barrier (BBB). Claramine likely acts on the
hypothalamus, the brain region that orchestrates metabolic homeostasis
by regulating feeding behavior and sympathetic tone to
peripheral tissues [6,39,40]. This is consistent with the action of its
close analog Trodusquemine that is known to cross the BBB and act
on the hypothalamus to suppress appetite [12,13,17e19].
By using neuronal F11 cells we showed that Claramine has an
insulin-like effect, increasing IRb and Akt phosphorylation. Beyond
this effect of Claramine on cultured neuronal cells, Claramine could
also effectively correct insulin resistance in vivo by blocking PTP1B
activity. Although we did not test the effect of Claramine in hepatocytes
or skeletal muscle, a single intraperitoneal injection of
Claramine effectively restored insulin sensitivity and glycemiccontrol in diabetic mice similar to the observed effect of Trodusquemine.
It seems likely that insulin signaling in these tissues is
also restored by Claramine, as has been reported for Trodusquemine
[12,13,18].
Finally, the mechanism whereby Claramine inhibits PTP1B activity
remains unclear. Recent evidence has demonstrated that
Trodusquemine acts as an allosteric inhibitor that binds to two targets
within PTP1B, one near the catalytic domain and another in the
C-terminal, non-catalytic segment of PTP1B [41]. Both targets were
shownto be important since point mutations at both sites (Ser372 to
proline and Leu192 to alanine), preserved catalytic activity but
rendered PTP1B insensitive to Trodusquemine [41]. Claramine has a
spermine structure quasi equivalent toTrodusquemine but lacks the
sulfate present in Trodusquemine. Given that we observe a similar
inhibition of PTP1B activity by Claramine, this suggests that the
sulfate group of Trodusquemine is dispensable for it to block PTP1B
enzymatic activity. On the other hand, we suspect that the OH
moiety present in both Claramine and Trodusquemine may be
critical for PTP1B inhibition. Future studies testing 3-amino and
polyaminosterol derivatives (compound 6i or 8i) described in our
previous publications [21,22] that share a similar structural backbone
to Trodusquemine and Claramine but without the OH moiety
will allow us to further test this hypothesis. Together, these compounds
will help to shed further light on how PTP1B activity can be
blocked by this polyaminosterol class of inhibitors with the goal of
designing a more potent and specific inhibitor analog.
In conclusion, Claramine is an easy to manufacture compound
that selectively blocks PTP1B activity and activates an insulin-like
response through IRb, Akt and GSK3b phosphorylation. Thus,
Claramine may be a potential lead compound for developing new
agents for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.

"

#184 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

Yes, but there are no study results with that compound, only speculation. And, do we really want an insulin mimetic? Low insulin is what most people here are trying for and it's not at all clear that an insulin mimetic would not be equivalent to a high insulin level.

#185 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:02 PM

Yes, but there are no study results with that compound, only speculation. And, do we really want an insulin mimetic? Low insulin is what most people here are trying for and it's not at all clear that an insulin mimetic would not be equivalent to a high insulin level.

When they say insulin mimetic in this context, they mean (and describe) increased insulin sensitivity resulting in lower glc levels, reduced fat deposition,  and increased weight loss - all associated with increased insulin sensitivity and reduced blood insulin levels.

This is in effect a reversal of a key element of metabolic syndrome, and would also be an anti-atherogenic function. This is what trodusquemine does. Trodusquemine is an insulin mimetic by this definition, and is in fact referred to as such.

An insulin mimetic in this context refers to reducing GLC levels,not mimicking the negative effects of increased blood insulin levels, which are of course chronically toxic.

This is a new cmpd, and there are no clinical studies, but the mechanism of action is shown to be the same, though less potent in cultured cells compared to trodusquemine.

Having said all this, I MUCH prefer trodusquemine, but would have no qualms trying claramine if it were significantly cheaper.

#186 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:05 PM

Or Squalamine, for that matter.

#187 RIURAO

• 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:14 AM

+1, anyway  i  will read with detail all articles before

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 1

#188 docmaas

• 129 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:18 AM

re: claramine

Another compound which may be cheaper to obtain is Squalamine,  which also has similar properties, though does not cross the BB barrier, IIRC.

In any event, Trodusquemine is preferred, even at twice the price, as far as I am concerned.

The protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitor MSI-1436
stimulates regeneration of heart and multiple other tissues:

https://www.nature.c...1536-017-0008-1

I posted back on page 5 this link:  https://docksci.com/...b7b79cb04a.html which is a link to the full paper prepub.  There was no toxicity testing or tissue examination done that would indicate safety.  You indicated you were confident and I was curious as to why you were confident.   You may be right that it is safe but unless studies have been done or someone who knows for sure can verify it is still a shot in the dark.  

Squalamine appears just as difficult to find as the others.  I'm pretty sure Sqalamax is wishful thinking based on the research I did also documented earlier in the thread.  I was unable to find any other sources.  

I believe there is an alternative synthesis path for trodusquermine however which I also made note of in an earlier post.

Mike

#189 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

I posted back on page 5 this link:  https://docksci.com/...b7b79cb04a.html which is a link to the full paper prepub.  There was no toxicity testing or tissue examination done that would indicate safety.  You indicated you were confident and I was curious as to why you were confident.   You may be right that it is safe but unless studies have been done or someone who knows for sure can verify it is still a shot in the dark.  

Squalamine appears just as difficult to find as the others.  I'm pretty sure Sqalamax is wishful thinking based on the research I did also documented earlier in the thread.  I was unable to find any other sources.  

I believe there is an alternative synthesis path for trodusquermine however which I also made note of in an earlier post.

Mike

So far, I remain interested in trodusquemine, only.

As we diligently search for similar effects from related molecules so far none have approached what appears to be similar benefits for age reversal to what trodusquemine can apparently effect.

#190 Alpharius

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:43 AM

There are likely significant other benefits related to the compound, which has potential multisystem regenerative capabilities. Those would require more that a single dose. I encourage people to read the early investigational animal studies by Zasloff.

Claramine is very similar, and supposedly easier to manufacture - I posted on this earlier. I expect zero toxicity for these compounds, provided they are essentially pure, endotoxin removed, and filtered.

I would be good with Claramine as well.

I will check them, or do you have special links? The regenerative capabilities of TD are maybe more interesting in case on an existing or fresh heart infarction, because it has shown to support the regeneration of muscle and heart muscle tissue.

Claramine sounds good and will be probably way more cheap, the problem is that we do not have established dose ranges for humans, nor any human clinical data. How could we be sure it is not toxic? Claramine would also need intravenous application. We could go for that one, but how do we find out the right dosage?

There are only 2 publication on Claramine available, one says that it acts antibiotically too.

I have the full paper through scihub. (dont know if its allowed to post that link here?)

"Claramine achieved 50% PTP1B inhibition at a concentration of 0.5 mM, similar to Trodusquemine (Fig. 1C). However, when compounds were applied to intact living cells, Trodusquemine appeared to be more effective than Claramine at blocking PTP1B activity (Fig. 1D), suggesting a greater cellular permeability of Trodusquemine in the 30-min treatment window relative to Claramine."

"3.5-month-old male mice received intraperitoneal injection of Claramine or Trodusquemine dissolved in saline (5 mg/kg body weight) 24 h or 48 h prior to GTT or ITT"

"Although Trodusquemine can be manufactured synthetically, the process is labor-intensive and involves multiple steps over 4 weeks with limited yields"
Claramine synthesis takes 2 days high yield.

Also if Claramine is that cheap, there is way to find out if there is an oral active dose or if it is only i.v. available: Claramine strongly suppresses appetite, so an oral dose should affect that aspect. Unfortunately hunger is subjective, yet the effect of Claramine is so strong it could maybe be noticed.

#191 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

I will check them, or do you have special links? The regenerative capabilities of TD are maybe more interesting in case on an existing or fresh heart infarction, because it has shown to support the regeneration of muscle and heart muscle tissue.

Claramine sounds good and will be probably way more cheap, the problem is that we do not have established dose ranges for humans, nor any human clinical data. How could we be sure it is not toxic? Claramine would also need intravenous application. We could go for that one, but how do we find out the right dosage?

There are only 2 publication on Claramine available, one says that it acts antibiotically too.

I have the full paper through scihub. (dont know if its allowed to post that link here?)

"Claramine achieved 50% PTP1B inhibition at a concentration of 0.5 mM, similar to Trodusquemine (Fig. 1C). However, when compounds were applied to intact living cells, Trodusquemine appeared to be more effective than Claramine at blocking PTP1B activity (Fig. 1D), suggesting a greater cellular permeability of Trodusquemine in the 30-min treatment window relative to Claramine."

"3.5-month-old male mice received intraperitoneal injection of Claramine or Trodusquemine dissolved in saline (5 mg/kg body weight) 24 h or 48 h prior to GTT or ITT"

"Although Trodusquemine can be manufactured synthetically, the process is labor-intensive and involves multiple steps over 4 weeks with limited yields"
Claramine synthesis takes 2 days high yield.

Also if Claramine is that cheap, there is way to find out if there is an oral active dose or if it is only i.v. available: Claramine strongly suppresses appetite, so an oral dose should affect that aspect. Unfortunately hunger is subjective, yet the effect of Claramine is so strong it could maybe be noticed.

Using these cmpds by mouth would be prohibitively expensive, at least for me. I imainge they could be taken sublingual, but still, several times the dosing of parenteral. My intent would be to use them sc, which is physiologically comparable to intraperitoneal injection in animals. It also offers  a margin of safety over IV.  Trodusquamine and squalamine are naturally occurring cmpds in shark oil, albeit in very small quantities. Claramine is a minor variant of those,  and has no toxic minerals or cmpds attached. No human safety trials, but, if it were the only cmpd from this class available, from a trusted source with all manufacturing and preparation safeguards in place,  I would try it sc in a small does, and if no rxn, go ahead with a course of injection at approximately twice the dose of trodusquamine, given the relative activity level described in the paper. Upsides outweigh downsides, for me. But I prefer trodusquemine, no question.

#192 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

I said the palmitic acid is very undesirable because it raises serum LDL. PTP1B agonists raise serum LDL. PTP1B inhibitors reduce serum LDL. Since palmitic and stearic acid have opposite effects on serum LDL, I fear they may have opposite affects on PTP1B and on plaque.  Also, since plaque develops while consuming food stuffs containing a mixture of both these fatty acids, it seems improbable to me that a mixture of both would reduce plaque. 

The PTP1B inhibitor trodusquemine definitely reduced plaque in LDLR-/- mice. Stearic acid by itself is reported to be a strong inhibitor of PTP1B. Since we can safely consume relatively enormous quantities of stearic acid, it seems plausible to me that stearic acid could inhibit PTP1B enough to reduce plaque.

The Kokum butter that seems to work well for my stem cell experiment is about 60% stearic acid and 30% oleic acid. The mono-unsaturated fat that is closest to stearic acid (C18:0) is oleic acid (C18:1). I think the oleic acid does not interferes with the PTP1B inhibition by stearic acid.

Let us not forget that so-called "bad" LDL cholesterol is jargon that has been shown to be more complex than simply being "bad."

LDL, as large buoyant "fluffy" particles serve to beneficially carry molecules like CoQ10 around the circulatory system, while small LDL particles indicate damage to the arterial endothelium, which basically becomes infiltrated with these particles as a function of inflammation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5441126/

So there is both "good" and "bad" LDL cholesterol.

I remember reading data that showed that saturated fats that have relatively higher amounts of palmitic, myristic and stearic acid are associated with greater risk of cardiovascular disease. I had a citation that better represents this concept, but this one begins the foundation for this notion as it is focused on fatty acids present in grain-fed beef, which have been shown to be associated with more CVD, cancer and a shorter lifespan. -  https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19028850

The concept is that saturated fats are not necessarily deleterious to the cardiovascular system. It's the "balance of the individual saturated fats that are indicative of a potentially increased risk for CVD.

#193 Vermonter

• Registrant
  • 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:30 PM

The least expensive pricing on high purity trodusquemine I could find from a legitimate lab was $15k per gram with a lead time of a month or two.

This is the most expensive compound I have yet to price in a decade. It was tough to find an above board lab that would even consider the synthesis.

Well, if economy of scale works for this compound, we might find that 4gms, after some negotiation, may cost 20 or 25K. Now we are getting into a realistic ballpark.  

#194 Alpharius

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:41 AM

Using these cmpds by mouth would be prohibitively expensive, at least for me. I imainge they could be taken sublingual, but still, several times the dosing of parenteral. My intent would be to use them sc, which is physiologically comparable to intraperitoneal injection in animals. It also offers  a margin of safety over IV.  Trodusquamine and squalamine are naturally occurring cmpds in shark oil, albeit in very small quantities. Claramine is a minor variant of those,  and has no toxic minerals or cmpds attached. No human safety trials, but, if it were the only cmpd from this class available, from a trusted source with all manufacturing and preparation safeguards in place,  I would try it sc in a small does, and if no rxn, go ahead with a course of injection at approximately twice the dose of trodusquamine, given the relative activity level described in the paper. Upsides outweigh downsides, for me. But I prefer trodusquemine, no question.

Yes, agree with that, subcutanous should work fine and at least shield one from really bad reactions, which can happen with the i.v. application.
That would also make it easy to use TD or Claramine more often. I have asked TeamTLR for a quote for both, Claramine and TD and wait for their answer. Honestly I think I would have no problem to try first a small dose of Claramine and then a higher, in the end I (or my parents) personally dont need it for too frequent use, so should be fine.

#195 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:12 PM

Is there still interest in this substance? I am in talks with TeamTLR and maybe they would consider to purchase/synthesize it, if enough interest is there.

@Alpharius - Any luck with getting TeamTLR interested in this compound?

#196 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

Even at approximately $7,000+ per single dose of ~750 mg (based on dosing from a human breast cancer study) I was interested in trodusquemine (TD) because a single exposure was effective in addressing atherosclerosis in mice.

Other potential beneficial effects that are associated with aging are numerous.

I remain interested in obtaining TD. A lower price would invite more participants in a group buy. 

If TeamTLR was able to produce this molecule at an "affordable" price, for their edification, they would likely have a giant, growing marketplace that would be eager for it.

Acquiring TD is a priority for me.

Thanks for communicating with TeamTLR about this.

#197 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

BTW - if it hasn't already been done, we should start a thread of reliable and affordable synthesis companies.  When you have someone that tries to start a group buy that has little experience (like myself) with custom synthesis houses they don't even know where to start.  I fear that sometimes we abort various projects because the person that started the group buy wasn't knowledgeable in this area and got a high quote which scares everyone off, where someone that was more familiar with the players might have had a better result.

#198 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

BTW - if it hasn't already been done, we should start a thread of reliable and affordable synthesis companies. When you have someone that tries to start a group buy that has little experience (like myself) with custom synthesis houses they don't even know where to start. I fear that sometimes we abort various projects because the person that started the group buy wasn't knowledgeable in this area and got a high quote which scares everyone off, where someone that was more familiar with the players might have had a better result.

#199 docmaas

• 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:17 PM

I'm definitely interested but not sure where dollarwise my interest will decline.

Mike

#200 Alpharius

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:32 AM

Even at approximately $7,000+ per single dose of ~750 mg (based on dosing from a human breast cancer study) I was interested in trodusquemine (TD) because a single exposure was effective in addressing atherosclerosis in mice.

Other potential beneficial effects that are associated with aging are numerous.

I remain interested in obtaining TD. A lower price would invite more participants in a group buy. 

If TeamTLR was able to produce this molecule at an "affordable" price, for their edification, they would likely have a giant, growing marketplace that would be eager for it.

Acquiring TD is a priority for me.

Thanks for communicating with TeamTLR about this.

Hello guys, I am in contact with TeamTLR, they have looked into this thread several times and told me it seems there is not really enough interest for Trodusquemine, so that it would make sense for them, especially as the compound is that expensive. I told them then, that I am well funded enough to pay for the Claramine synthesis and that I would like to buy some and they are interested in this, another guy from this thread would buy also. They would do it. One has to say: TeamTLR wont get rich with doing this for us, so I really appreciate their support.

Claramine is simply Progesterone attached to Spermine. The synthesis is not complicated, 1-2 steps, not more. It has a very similar activity like Trodusquemine, but unfortunately no human clinical trials. Now TeamTLR just needs to know which kind of Claramine me (or we) would like, salt (and which salt) or base.

Trodusquemine is great, but the synthesis is so complicated, multisteps over weeks, very low yield, that I even have some doubt, that most synthesis companies are able to deliver it in high purity honestly. Claramine on the other side is very simple.

Edited by Alpharius, 17 November 2018 - 07:35 AM.

• like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#201 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

Hello guys, I am in contact with TeamTLR, they have looked into this thread several times and told me it seems there is not really enough interest for Trodusquemine, so that it would make sense for them, especially as the compound is that expensive. I told them then, that I am well funded enough to pay for the Claramine synthesis and that I would like to buy some and they are interested in this, another guy from this thread would buy also. They would do it. One has to say: TeamTLR wont get rich with doing this for us, so I really appreciate their support.

Claramine is simply Progesterone attached to Spermine. The synthesis is not complicated, 1-2 steps, not more. It has a very similar activity like Trodusquemine, but unfortunately no human clinical trials. Now TeamTLR just needs to know which kind of Claramine me (or we) would like, salt (and which salt) or base.

Trodusquemine is great, but the synthesis is so complicated, multisteps over weeks, very low yield, that I even have some doubt, that most synthesis companies are able to deliver it in high purity honestly. Claramine on the other side is very simple.

I am in. Lets get rolling.
  • Well Written x 1

#202 jond071112

• Registrant
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:37 PM

Count me in.

#203 Acetylnordopatoninol

• 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:44 PM

i'm interested but it depends on price

#204 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

If its from TLR it will be affordable. They aren't going to waste time making a compound no one can afford. How much is reversing atheroscleosis worth? Its also a simple supplement to produce.

Edited by Rocket, 24 November 2018 - 01:22 AM.

• unsure x 1

#205 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:08 AM

If its from TLR it will be affordable. They aren't going to waste time making a compound no one can afford. How much is reversing atheroscleosis worth? Its also a simple supplement to produce.

#206 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2018 - 03:26 AM

We are guesstimating that Claramine has the priceless effect of reversing atherosclerosis (in mice) that Trodusquemine might also have in humans. So, we must remind ourselves of the cost versus potential benefit as we move forward. This is a human experiment with little but hypothetical data to recommend it. With that stated I am interested in TeamTLRs’ cost and any enlightenment they will share.

#207 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

Well, it checks the same boxes as Trodusquemine from the published explanation as to why it works. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. For some people this would be lifesaving as opposed to money people throw away on crap that does nothing. The potency thing needs to be explained so we know how to dose it relative to Trodusquemine.

Edited by Rocket, 25 November 2018 - 01:09 AM.

#208 Alpharius

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:21 PM

Short update: TeamTLR thinks they could have more information on Claramine synthesis and costs in the coming week. As soon as I know more, I will update here.

• like x 1

#209 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

I have recently learned that not all PTP1B inhibitors are created equally. Berberine is a widely available supplement and is PTP1B inhibitor. A quick online search revealed that Berberine actually worsens atherosclerosis...

"Berberine promotes the development of atherosclerosis and foam cell formation by inducing scavenger receptor A expression in macrophage."

• Needs references x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

I have recently learned that not all PTP1B inhibitors are created equally. Berberine is a widely available supplement and is PTP1B inhibitor. A quick online search revealed that Berberine actually worsens atherosclerosis...

"Berberine promotes the development of atherosclerosis and foam cell formation by inducing scavenger receptor A expression in macrophage."

Do you have a pointer to that abstract on berberine or a reference to the article?

Generally berberine is thought to lower cardiovascular issues

• Agree x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arterial plaque, trodusquemine, msi-1436, cardiovascular disease, coronary arteries, carotid arteries, calcification, mouse study, cancer, diabetes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users