Biological Effects on Mycelium exposed to N-52 Magnet

n-52 south pole magnets mushrooms mycelium rhizomorphic experiments

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ocean

• 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:10 PM

Aloha Longecity,

I read somewhere that the purpose of a relationship is to magnify the human experience. In that spirit, I would like to share an experiment I am currently in the midst of. I am curious, an avid reader, However It is important to note that I am not affiliated with anyone or institution. I am just a guy doing some research based on previous experiments i have read about and find interesting. The magnetic blueprint of life

My research is just beginning, I am 17 days in. I am hopeful there may be some constructive criticism. I am confident there will be some shit talking........probably well deserved.......my abstract will contain the experimental set up as well as some issues I know are problematic ...on that note:

ABSTRACT: 

4 glass quart jars, of sterilized rye berries, have been inoculated with 2cc of a  psilocybe cubensis strain. I was unable to control the amount of spores in individual measured injections, which i personally think must have some effect. I have numbered the jars 1,2,3, and 4. Jars 2-4 are all exposed to different levels of south pole magnetism (N-52 neodymium) while jar 1 I left alone to be the control. All magnets are 

1.5in / 0.5in /0.125in. J1-no magnets, J2-1 magnet, J3-3 magnets stacked, J-4 2 rows, of 3 stacked magnets. I found it a bit difficult to calculate the gauss number for each set so i got that going for me.......

Jar1: Control

Jar2: Magnetic exposure N-52 Neodymium magnet bar 1.5in /0.5in /0.125in (L,W,THICK) 15 lbs pulling, 2309 Gauss (estimated)

Jar3: Magnetic exposure N-52 Neodymium magnet bar 1.5in /0.5in /0.375in (L,W,THICK) 128 lbs pulling, 4542 Gauss (estimated) 

jar4:  Magnetic exposure N-52 Neodymium magnet bar 1.5in / 1in  / 0.375in (L,W,THICK) 804 lbs pulling, 6223 Gauss (estimated)

HYPOTHESIS:

My initial thought was that the stronger the exposure to S. pole of the magnets would increase overall vitality, speed of growth, and fruit quality J1=C, J2=10%, J3=30%, J=60%............................stay tuned........will post observations and pics of rhizomorphic growth over the last 17 days........

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#2 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

And.......I'm back! And..... no one has replied.......or......viewed....at all....not one...........no problem...everyone is just waiting for the observations...... let us begin.

Day 5 

All jars showing significant mycelium growth. J3 seems to have the most concentrated growth. This could be to more spores in the initial inoculation, Also growth could be concentrated in the middle making visibility an issue. I think a fair assessment is to say there is NO clear evidence that exposure to the S.pole has had ANY visible effects thus far

Day 8

Similar growth patterns........shook up jars to increase growth

Day 12

Here we go! Noticeable growth on all jars.

J1 - The control - This jar seems to have the second MOST growth. Second only to J3, that being said the hyphae and Mycelium strains do not appear to be as robust/defined as the other Jars

J2 - This jar has the second to LEAST  amount of growth, though more robust than the control, it has more noticeable growth than J4.

J3 - This jar has the Most growth. Definition and branching is easily 20% more than any other jar.

J4 - This Jar has the least about of growth

Day 12 Summary and thoughts

All Jars are on pace to be fully colonized within thirty days. My initial thought was that the strongest magnetic field would produce the strongest growth.  As of today that is definitely not the case. J3 has the most vitality, growth, rhizomorphic branching. Perhaps there is a "goldilocks zone" with the magnetic field. Why wouldn't there be?....To much C02...... problem to little C02 problem, to much H20.....problem to little H20 problem, to hot....problem, to cold....problem.....( what part does the magnetic field of the sun have on our planet? What about the migration of the magnetic N.pole? What effects does that migration have on climate change? Is it possible that their is some scaleable ratio there that we could test? I mean maybe that should be factored into looking for habitable planets........sorry...bird-walking) I will need to repeat this experiment multiple times to get more detailed information using similar and stronger magnets. Perhaps I can change the parameters to further explore the "goldilocks magnet theory" that being said I will note J3 and use this as my first best case scenario. If anyone is interested here is a link to a video I made showing the magnetic field between a fruiting mushroom and a magnet. Fair warning i do quite a bit of rambiling........

Day 17

Well....Well....well...........Who likes surprises? You get a car! And.... you get a car.... and you get a car......!!! Just kidding No one gets a car, but this fungus is really moving. Its driving at a record setting pace from the very top right to the bottom, just like tiger woods golfing career after he cheated on his nordic wife. Lets shift gears and look into whats actually happening. All jars are colonized at least 80%. My measurement of 100% is thick white, spidering rhizomorphic growth, bound tightly together.

J1 - 90% colonized hyphae/mycelium throughout. No visible berries that are not being consumed by the fungus, However i count only 4 areas where i can see the spider like growth of defined mycelium branching

J2 - 90% colonized hyphae/mycelium throughout. No visible berries that are not being consumed by the fungus, defined mycelium branching is 20% greater in this jar vs the control. Also significant hyphae buildup at the top of the jar as well as Mycelium branching. This could be due to the proximity and/or strength of the S.pole magnetic field. Lets see if there are similar results on jars 3 and 4 which have stronger magnetic fields

J3 - 90% colonized hyphae/mycelium throughout. No visible berries that are not being consumed by the fungus, defined mycelium growth is 40% greater than control. The Hyphae (fluffy white growth in the gap between the lid and berries) build up is the best of all jars. 20% more than the previous jar and 40% more so than the control. In accordance with my observation with the last jar. We now have a causal/correlation question to answer.

J4 - This lady is very interesting...80% colonized hyphae/mycelium throughout. Some small visible areas where berries are not yet consumed by the fungus. This Jar helps to con firm and establish the hyphae buildup in the gap between the berries and the lid...........the surprise is that the mycelium in this jar is denser than all the others. So while the growth has been a bit slower it looks to be a bit more robust. More white muscle fiber than red muscle fiber would be a more accurate observation.

Pics coming soon!

Warm Mahalos

Ocean

• Good Point x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 tarcisio

• 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

congratulations on your initiative

congratulations on your initiative

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:25 PM

There have been a lot of discussions about TMS and other magnetic therapies: https://www.longecit...96-tms-therapy/

#5 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Mind! Im definitely going to check it out. Moving forward I realize how many things i failed to control for in my experiment.............However I think it was the late Jerry Garcia who said " Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right!

- O

#6 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

Aloha Everyone! The further along this experiment moves, The more I realize what I have failed to control for....However I think it was Jerry Garcia who said "Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" Thanks for taking time to read this..................sorry for the delay...........here are some pics to accompany my previous observations. 

Attached File  IMG_0480.JPG   204.44KB   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0482.JPG   203.18KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0485.JPG   231.48KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0488.JPG   213.88KB   1 downloads

Newer pics and observations coming this weekend

Warm Mahalos

Ocean

• like x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 tarcisio

• 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:50 PM

Congratulations.

I don't know much about the subject, but I admire your dedication to work that seeks to improve health and prolong life.

#8 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

Hmmm...  I have always read that the NORTH pole of a magnet is the beneficial one...

Why did you choose the South pole?

#9 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Aloha Lady4T,

It is a great question. Thank you for asking. Ive been a bit obsessed lately with the work of Albert Roy Davis and Walter C. Rawls. I think its important to note that I am not a doctor, just a curious individual who likes to read. I too have read about the beneficial attributes of the magnetic north pole. For example:

1) The N. pole (negative energy) has shown remarkable results in giving relief from and in arresting arthritis. The north pole energy acts to encourage the dissolving of hard calciums in and around joints

2) The N-1 (North Pole) negative energy attracts body fluids, including white and red blood cells. The biological system has the ability to heal itself if it has the strength and necessary biochemistry to aid the injured part of the system, and to attract needed defense fluids, such as white blood cells, to an injured part, aiding the ability to self heal.

3) North pole energy supplies an energy similar to negative biological voltage of the biological system. Its been noted, measured and recorded ( The Magnetic effect by Rawles/Davis 1975) when a bone is broken there is a sharp rise in the negative biological voltage at the point of the break or fracture. The systems defense and repair system rushes additional negative healing voltage to the area.

Your probably thinking "Exactly! That is why I'm asking YOU about your choice of the S.pole dummy!"

The south pole turns out to also have multiple healing effects! Some findings on the biological system with the S. pole (positive energy) are:

1) Encourage strength, increase life action. Thus, the south pole of a magnet, should never be placed against a painful area, a swelling, infected or diseased area since this would make the conditioned described more severe. For example germs a form of life, and the s. pole energies would encourage their growth and development.

2) More generally the s. pole energy will strengthen muscles, limbs, joints, tendons, ligaments, increase blood flow, increase circulation, strengthen glands, organs, and the production of fluids.

Enter Some of The Previous Seed Experiments

When seeds were placed within the energies of south pole magnetic energies for several hours - from 6 to 81 to 200 hours then planted they presented an improved growth, hardier plants, and increased yield of products, as in the case of vegetable seeds. If exposed to n.pole magnetic energies they developed into tall , tin plants with poor vegetables when grown to maturity. This was noted in the stages of primary growth when comparing the plants with similar untreated seeds. The untreated seeds served as controls, that were used in all experiments for comparing results.

In lab analysis, examinations of the vital life support biochemicals of the leaves, stems, and the end product, it was found that the protein, sugar, and oils in vegetable were higher in the plants treated with the south pole of the magnet than the untreated or control plant products. The opposite was true for plants treated with the n.pole of the magnet. 

It is believed that the right hand spin of electrons provided by the s.pole of the magnet increased the vital life biochemical strength in this research. This is why I choose the  S. pole. I am trying to replicate this research in my experiment!

• Informative x 1

#10 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Edited by ocean, 26 January 2020 - 05:36 PM.

#11 ocean

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

UPDATE

There's nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater,you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent. That being said let’s dig further Into dome potential paradigm shifting observations.

On the 19th I transferred all jars to mini-monotubs. I wanted to take some snapshots, However thought it not in the best interest. I established a clean area for transfer. Then one by one moved the four colonies to there new homes. Here are my notes on that process.

J-1 our control was as you’d expect for a fully colonized jar. A bit difficult to breakup yet the process was easily begun with a few swift whacks with the palm of my hand on the bottom. From there I was able to introduce the fungus to the substrate (equine manure) then to the minitub.

J-2 was much the same with 2 slight albeit noticeable anomaly’s. The first was the hyphae buildup at the top. Secondly was a noticeable “concreteness” at the bottom of the jar. Again slight yet noticeable, like an attractive woman brushing her hair from her face as she looks longingly into your eyes in a routine conversation.

J-3 This jar was a different animal! Like the last jar the hyphae was built up. however easily twice as thick. The fiberous rhizomorphic  growth was well defined and reaching desperately towards the magnet. In my opinion (which I’m clearly stating is not a scientific one) this is clear evidence that this level of magnetism has had a POSITIVE effect on the overall vitality of the biological organism!!!

J-4 This jar too was noticebly different. The Mycelium in this jar seemed to contain longer fiberous threads. It looked to me to be more organized in colonization, yet not as robust. 

Also I wanted to note here that I transferred the bottom eighth of each jar to a new uncolonized jar with the same level of magnetism. I thought it would be interesting to document another generation.

Here is a few shots of my set up. (Note the numbers on my rainbird gages were not up to ideal at the time of this pic.) I’m incredibly happy with how my incubator turned out. It’s the first time using it. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can give you the lowdown or get you in touch w/my friend Neil.
[]

Thanks to everyone taking time to read and post. I’m hopeful that you’ll continue on this journey with me , or even start your own!
976892148-thumb_A549103B-13F1-4DD0-9E10- 976892621-thumb_CC979772-1696-46A0-A56D- 976893057-thumb_545D393D-A93E-4A1E-8F24-

976915133-thumb_9D8425E0-8995-4E4D-BD81- 976917103-thumb_D8CD13E7-E5D3-4ACD-B17A- 976919195-thumb_5EFDB489-F732-461F-B352-

• like x 1

#12 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:43 AM

Aloha Lady4T,

It is a great question. Thank you for asking. Ive been a bit obsessed lately with the work of Albert Roy Davis and Walter C. Rawls. I think its important to note that I am not a doctor, just a curious individual who likes to read. I too have read about the beneficial attributes of the magnetic north pole. For example:

1) The N. pole (negative energy) has shown remarkable results in giving relief from and in arresting arthritis. The north pole energy acts to encourage the dissolving of hard calciums in and around joints

2) The N-1 (North Pole) negative energy attracts body fluids, including white and red blood cells. The biological system has the ability to heal itself if it has the strength and necessary biochemistry to aid the injured part of the system, and to attract needed defense fluids, such as white blood cells, to an injured part, aiding the ability to self heal.

3) North pole energy supplies an energy similar to negative biological voltage of the biological system. Its been noted, measured and recorded ( The Magnetic effect by Rawles/Davis 1975) when a bone is broken there is a sharp rise in the negative biological voltage at the point of the break or fracture. The systems defense and repair system rushes additional negative healing voltage to the area.

Your probably thinking "Exactly! That is why I'm asking YOU about your choice of the S.pole dummy!"

The south pole turns out to also have multiple healing effects! Some findings on the biological system with the S. pole (positive energy) are:

1) Encourage strength, increase life action. Thus, the south pole of a magnet, should never be placed against a painful area, a swelling, infected or diseased area since this would make the conditioned described more severe. For example germs a form of life, and the s. pole energies would encourage their growth and development.

2) More generally the s. pole energy will strengthen muscles, limbs, joints, tendons, ligaments, increase blood flow, increase circulation, strengthen glands, organs, and the production of fluids.

Enter Some of The Previous Seed Experiments

When seeds were placed within the energies of south pole magnetic energies for several hours - from 6 to 81 to 200 hours then planted they presented an improved growth, hardier plants, and increased yield of products, as in the case of vegetable seeds. If exposed to n.pole magnetic energies they developed into tall , tin plants with poor vegetables when grown to maturity. This was noted in the stages of primary growth when comparing the plants with similar untreated seeds. The untreated seeds served as controls, that were used in all experiments for comparing results.

In lab analysis, examinations of the vital life support biochemicals of the leaves, stems, and the end product, it was found that the protein, sugar, and oils in vegetable were higher in the plants treated with the south pole of the magnet than the untreated or control plant products. The opposite was true for plants treated with the n.pole of the magnet. 

It is believed that the right hand spin of electrons provided by the s.pole of the magnet increased the vital life biochemical strength in this research. This is why I choose the  S. pole. I am trying to replicate this research in my experiment!

Thanks, ocean, for that explanation. In light of that info, it would make sense to use the south pole. I applaud your curiosity and commitment to carry out these experiments. Over the years, I too have contemplated similar experiments, but most of the time don't follow through. Please keep us updated.  :)

#13 Peptimaniac

• 25 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

Hmmm...  I have always read that the NORTH pole of a magnet is the beneficial one...

Why did you choose the South pole?

There is a discrepancy of terminology of magnetic fields. What is beneficial, if we live in the northern hemisphere, is the same geo north field also known as the negative pole. Some call this the south pole because it points north on a compass but if we consider the earth to be the model by which we base our terminology off of then the north pole of a magnet would point south.

• Well Written x 1

#14 tarcisio

• 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 11:20 PM

This issue of the influence of the hubs on health is very interesting. I bought a pair of rings with two magnets each. Operation starts from this principle. On one of the fingers, the positive side of the ring should face up. On the other, the negative side is that it should be up. It is recommended to use it while sleeping. But I don't know how effective it really is. They are known as "rings of immortality" and were developed by a Japanese.

#15 TMNMK

• 170 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

I don't know anything about the effect of magnets, but can provide a random tip that might make differences in colonization speed somewhat moot once everything is going smoothly.

Buy a 50lb bag of pelletized straw used for mulching (the stuff I'm referring to comes in the form of a green pellet about the size of a piece of dry dog food - not going to mention the vendor), pasteurize it in a large vat (it expands like crazy, experiment a little bit to get the right amount for the number of tubs you are using). Allow the expanded pasteurized straw to cool in the covered tubs and then birth the jars into that once fully cooled. Looks like you are using birdseed in the jars, that's good because it is easy to break apart and mix with the straw in the tubs. Follow normal sterile procedures as usual of which I'm sure you are already familiar. You can get 3 big flushes easy out of each tub - one reasonable sized jar per tub is all that's really necessary but if you are getting issues with contamination in the tubs, you can up that of course to make the straw colonization occur more quickly.

Hope that's useful!

EDIT: Oh I see - rye berries, yeah that should work just as well - sorry I didn't read more closely, and also apologies in advance if this is somewhat off-topic.

Edited by TMNMK, 25 July 2020 - 04:00 PM.

#16 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 10:46 PM

Its interesting about the effects of magnetic fields on plants and animals. However, I am skeptical about many of the claims, they may have had their thumb on the scale hoping for a big result. If putting a magnet on seeds caused, for example, a 20% increase in growth, this is huge. Farmers would all have magnets and set the seed in them for weeks or months to get the extra growth. 20% more or even 10% more could be the difference between profit and loss sometimes, or a small profit and a big one. So either they don't know about it or it doesn't work that well

As for your experiments, I encourage you to continue. This is how we learn, and you must have been fair because you did not see a huge difference which you hoped to see. Its an area that might bear more research but I feel like the big seed companies would have looked into it. And farmers often use the phases of the moon to plant by so if magnets worked I think word would have gotten around

consider an experiment with electric fields instead of magnetic fields. A source of high voltage low current will be needed, a small neon sign transformer should be sufficient. Grow your magic mushrooms or other plant within the electric field and see what happens. Just be careful in handling it since you can get zapped.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#17 Bzork

• 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:45 PM

How do you define the south pole of a magnet? Which point of a compass points toward it?

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: n-52, south pole magnets, mushrooms, mycelium, rhizomorphic, experiments

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users