- - - - -

Morning anxiety

anxiety morning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:24 AM

Basically when I wake up in the morning I feel anxiety and worry. It does go away within an hour when I drink my morning mug of coffee and take some of my supplements. But it's still very annoying way to start the day so I wonder if there's some hack to prevent it. Could it be high cortisol? Currently I take L-theanine before bed which makes me fall asleep better but it doesn't affect my mental state in the morning.

#2 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:32 PM

I have the same even though mine is worse and lasts for hours because of the side-effects of Latuda. Days when it's stubborn I take extra Clonazepam and that really helps.

Curious if there are more natural ways to prevent this.

Following!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 08:06 AM

Days when it's stubborn I take extra Clonazepam and that really helps.

I take a small dose (0,5 mg) of Lorazepam for anxiety but I've noticed that even if I don't take it in the morning, this morning-specific anxiety goes away on its own regardless. So I don't think it's linked to benzo dependency. I guess one way to prevent it could be to wake up in the middle of the night to take an anxiolytic that would be still effective in the morning hours but that's very inconvenient.

Maybe I should just take a shot of whiskey immediately when I wake up lol.  :-D

#4 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 11:18 AM

I take a small dose (0,5 mg) of Lorazepam for anxiety but I've noticed that even if I don't take it in the morning, this morning-specific anxiety goes away on its own regardless. So I don't think it's linked to benzo dependency. I guess one way to prevent it could be to wake up in the middle of the night to take an anxiolytic that would be still effective in the morning hours but that's very inconvenient.

Yeah, I also rather not take extra Clonazepam but mine is a bit different because Latuda is a really strong med but I know exactly what you mean with what you describe. It's really frustrating and bothersome what you describe.

If I know one thing after years of being alcoholic, alcohol is the solution to all problems  :ph34r:  :laugh:

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:30 PM

Don't underestimate what consistent long term use of benzos can do to your gabenergic system. It can cause these sorts of issues. 

#6 Bike_to_120

• Registrant
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:58 PM

Had this for years and thought it was due to work stress. Has persisted long after retirement. I attribute it to spikes in cortisol. Used a CGM a few times and blood sugar spikes simultaneously. Have tried different supplements without success.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#7 Galaxyshock

• Topic Starter
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:52 AM

Don't underestimate what consistent long term use of benzos can do to your gabenergic system. It can cause these sorts of issues. 

I guess it's possible. I've been meaning to come off Lorazepam but since it still works for anxiety at pretty low dose I've stuck to it. I have taken days off here and there, and I feel more uncomfortable those days but I wouldn't say there are clear withdrawal symptoms.

Had this for years and thought it was due to work stress. Has persisted long after retirement. I attribute it to spikes in cortisol. Used a CGM a few times and blood sugar spikes simultaneously. Have tried different supplements without success.

What supplements have you tried? I'm thinking if it's cortisol issue perhaps a combination of Phosphatidylserine and Ashwagandha could work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, morning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users