* * * * * 5 votes

Questions to Eva Victoria

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#511 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

The homemade Vitamin C serum is a good start :) Remember to preserve it.
A moisturizer is needed only on areas your skin is dry. If sunscreen will give you enough hydration, which I believe it will in the summer, you will not need a separate moisturizer.

If your sunscreen contains only Tinosorb S, (maybe Tinosorb M), and no AVO then probably you won't have to reapply it unless you wipe it off or get into contact with water.

And the Burnout sunscreen looks like a good sunscreen with so high amount ZnO! :) (Although I wish the ZnO was coated.)

Thank you very much!! I read a lot more the last few days, lots of your posts as well. I decided a few days ago to buy this sunscreen:

http://www.burnoutsu...duct_detail&p=2

and will now think about how to mix my own vitamin c e ferulic acid for antioxidation prior to applying the sunscreen daily.

Does that sound good? Is a moisturizer needed for protection of the skin if you already use sunscreen and antioxidants, or more for aesthetic purposes? Thank you very much for your answer, it is of great help to me. I'm glad I did find this forum.

Edit: I got one more question: If you got a sunscreen with e.g. Tinosorb S that is photostable, you still need to reapply since your skin absorbs the sunscreen after an hour or two, not?

#512 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

The Tinosorb containing one is a lip balm actually, these ingredients:

RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, CERA FLAVA (BEESWAX), EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE, COPERNICA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES OIL, VANILLIN, BISABOLOL, PANTHENYL ETHYL ETHER, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, LECITHIN

Again, thank you very much!! May I ask, why is the coating so important? Free radicals aren't that much of a problem with non-nano ZnO?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 Vanity Fair

• 48 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
Could you please tell me how photostable this facecream is? And also how well it protects from the UVa rays.
It claims a spf 30
Ingredients : I took a picture of the packaging, hope you can read it.

Thanks very much

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
Could you please tell me how photostable this facecream is? And also how well it protects from the UVa rays.
It claims a spf 30

Thanks very much

Attached Files

#514 samohT

• 36 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Eva,

I take idebenone orally as a nootropic supplement. I came about learning idebenone is also a powerful skin cream ingredient through noticing it marketed in products at the drug store at outrageous prices.

I'm just a fella in his mid-20's who installed solar panels for a few years and subsequently incurred a decades damage due to infrequent sunscreen use (due to not reapplying often enough). I know nil about customizing skin care products.

Assuming Idebenone wouldn't hurt to add to an existing product, since I already own idebenone bulk powder- can you offer a layman's explanation on adding it to a lotion?
I read your "antioxidants explained" thread and while its full of good promising information with numbers to back it, my takeaway was "In dermatology, a medication is only as good as its base; the active ingredient doesn't function in a bubble." So, what is a simple "bubble" to mix it into?

--I already use Nivea Post Shave Balm daily, alcohol-free after-shave. Its a 3.3 fl oz bottle, can I just say... dissolve 150mg idebenone in some rubbing alcohol, pour it in, and shake it up?
--Another product I use (albeit infrequently due to always forgetting) is Aveeno "nighttime moisture infusion w/ A, C, & E", 1.7oz jar.

Even if either of these products aren't good transports for idebenone; really, how large is the quantifiable difference between that and putting it in the correct product?

Your input is of course, appreciated. Thanks for making such good and frequent contribution to this forum.

Edited by samohT, 23 July 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#515 presentmoment1

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hi Eva,

Would this be a good zinc oxide sunscreen?

It is 20% zinc, with 3 different particle sizes (the bit i'm interested in!)

Downsides I see being very expensive, and containing retinyl palmitate?

http://www.sensitive...e-Shipping.aspx

Thanks!

Edited by presentmoment1, 05 August 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#516 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sorry for the late answer.
It seems to be a photostable sunscreen.

It is correct that with non-nano ZnO the coating is not so important, though it contributes to more stable dispersion of ZnO.

The Tinosorb containing one is a lip balm actually, these ingredients:

RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, CERA FLAVA (BEESWAX), EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE, COPERNICA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES OIL, VANILLIN, BISABOLOL, PANTHENYL ETHYL ETHER, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, VANILLA PLANIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT, LECITHIN

Again, thank you very much!! May I ask, why is the coating so important? Free radicals aren't that much of a problem with non-nano ZnO?

Could you send me the percentage of the sunscreen agents and the ingredients list that is easier to read, pls?

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
It claims a spf 30

Thanks very much

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
It claims a spf 30

Thanks very much

#517 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

I don't use Idebenone in my products and don't really know much about its technical specs. The best is to find the technical data sheet of Idebenone. The technique of making the solution will be well described there.
Idebenone is a synthetic analogue of ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10). Then, I'd assume it is oil-soluble (since ubiquinone is) and will be dissolved in common polar solvents and alcohol. The ratio, you'll find in the Technical data sheet.
I would think you should add the solution after emulsification at 35C.
Prevage Medical has 1% Idebenone, but I think 0.1-0.5% would be sufficient.
And remember one anti-oxidant will have less strength then several anti-oxidants combined.

Eva,

I take idebenone orally as a nootropic supplement. I came about learning idebenone is also a powerful skin cream ingredient through noticing it marketed in products at the drug store at outrageous prices.

I'm just a fella in his mid-20's who installed solar panels for a few years and subsequently incurred a decades damage due to infrequent sunscreen use (due to not reapplying often enough). I know nil about customizing skin care products.

Assuming Idebenone wouldn't hurt to add to an existing product, since I already own idebenone bulk powder- can you offer a layman's explanation on adding it to a lotion?
I read your "antioxidants explained" thread and while its full of good promising information with numbers to back it, my takeaway was "In dermatology, a medication is only as good as its base; the active ingredient doesn't function in a bubble." So, what is a simple "bubble" to mix it into?

--I already use Nivea Post Shave Balm daily, alcohol-free after-shave. Its a 3.3 fl oz bottle, can I just say... dissolve 150mg idebenone in some rubbing alcohol, pour it in, and shake it up?
--Another product I use (albeit infrequently due to always forgetting) is Aveeno "nighttime moisture infusion w/ A, C, & E", 1.7oz jar.

Even if either of these products aren't good transports for idebenone; really, how large is the quantifiable difference between that and putting it in the correct product?

Your input is of course, appreciated. Thanks for making such good and frequent contribution to this forum.

Can you send me the percentage of the actives and an easier way to read the ingredients list, pls?

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
It claims a spf 30

Thanks very much

Hi Eva,

Hope all is well.
It claims a spf 30

Thanks very much

#518 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

It looks like a pleasant sunscreen, but also 20% ZnO will also provide sufficient UVB and UVA protection for daily-wear.

Hi Eva,

Would this be a good zinc oxide sunscreen?

It is 20% zinc, with 3 different particle sizes (the bit i'm interested in!)

Downsides I see being very expensive, and containing retinyl palmitate?

http://www.sensitive...e-Shipping.aspx

Thanks!

#519 Annvdb

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Eva, which is the nr 1 sunscreen you would suggest?
I read you said: Bioderma Photoderm 50+
Is this the one? Or another?

I need one, a good one, and I am not really specialized in all of this. My skin seems to dislike most products I ever tried, it looks best without any product on it. But I need a sunscreen :)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Annvdb, 02 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#520 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

http://www.ratzillac...erfect-alpha-s/

Allie Extra UV Protector SPF 50+ is an excellent choice :)

#521 wing767

• 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hi Eva,

i am making a course of mandelic peeling once a week , i was recommended to use during the course the cream with mandelic acid 15%. Could you please advise what is the best way to combine it in my regime with the use of tretinoin (retin-A). I use retin-A for 1,5 year. Shall i applyit after retin or before?

Would also appreciate your opinion on PUR MINERALS 4 in 1 Mineral tinted moisturizer. Can it be used without additional application of sunscreen?

Active ingridients: Titanium Dioxide 5%; Zinc Oxide 5%

Ingredients

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Boron Nitride, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceramide AP, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Lysine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Palmitic Acid, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Phytantriol, Potassium Chloride, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Stearic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Zinc Chloride. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Thank you for your time !

#522 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi Wing,

The PUR MINERALS 4 in 1 Mineral tinted moisturizer can be worn alone without the aditional sunscreen during autumn, winter and early spring (dependent on where you live OC).

I am not sure you should use Mandelic acid together with Tretinoin. Tretinoin is exfoliating enough as it is. and an AHA like Mandelic acid will enhance its activity. Should you insist on using it, then maybe during the day together with a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 at least. But avoid it when the UVR is high (UV-Index above 3).

Hi Eva,

i am making a course of mandelic peeling once a week , i was recommended to use during the course the cream with mandelic acid 15%. Could you please advise what is the best way to combine it in my regime with the use of tretinoin (retin-A). I use retin-A for 1,5 year. Shall i applyit after retin or before?

Would also appreciate your opinion on PUR MINERALS 4 in 1 Mineral tinted moisturizer. Can it be used without additional application of sunscreen?

Ingredients

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Boron Nitride, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceramide AP, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dextrin Palmitate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Lysine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Palmitic Acid, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Phytantriol, Potassium Chloride, Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Stearic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Zinc Chloride. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

#523 wing767

• 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hi Wing,

The PUR MINERALS 4 in 1 Mineral tinted moisturizer can be worn alone without the aditional sunscreen during autumn, winter and early spring (dependent on where you live OC).

I am not sure you should use Mandelic acid together with Tretinoin. Tretinoin is exfoliating enough as it is. and an AHA like Mandelic acid will enhance its activity. Should you insist on using it, then maybe during the day together with a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 at least. But avoid it when the UVR is high (UV-Index above 3).

Hi Eva,

Ingredients

Thank you Eva!

#524 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hi Eva V.,

Yet another sunscreen question... (Can't be too many of these, eh? ;) )

A s/s that I've been happy enough with is the Obagi Medical Nu-Derm spf 50. Happy enough in fact to seek repurchase.

Only to discover Obagi has reformulated.

Ingredients from original (which I believe you have recommended): Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 10.5%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Pentaylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Soidum Dihydroxycetyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Squalane, Ceteareth-20, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Crosspolymer-3, Sorbitan Ester, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-hexanediol, Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Ubiquinone, Tropolone.

And the new formula: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 10.5%
Inactive Ingredients: 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Methylisothiazolinone, PEG-40 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Dihydroxycetyl Phosphate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Squalane, Stearyl Alcohol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tropolone, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Your thoughts, Eva? Is this an improvement, one hopes??

Thank you for your time! As always, I hope you are well. :)
Kind regards,
Mia K.

#525 lucaasalberto

• 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi, Mia K.

I'm not Eva, but when Obagi repacked/rebranded their Nu-Derm SPF 50, I sent them an e-mail, and they told me the formula did not change, the ingredients were just relisted alphabetically, in compliance with the latest FDA regulation (it's not mandatory to list ingredients in alphabetical order, but it is permissible).
When I checked the ingredients list on an old box and on the new one, they were all the same indeed.

Best,
Lucas.

#526 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi lucaasalberto,

Thank you so much for this information! I certainly didn't think of this possibility. So, product ingredients are no longer listed in order of amount contained, most ---> least? Does this latest FDA regulation apply to foodstuffs I wonder... and I'd think not?

Best to you as well :)
Mia K.

Hi, Mia K.

I'm not Eva, but when Obagi repacked/rebranded their Nu-Derm SPF 50, I sent them an e-mail, and they told me the formula did not change, the ingredients were just relisted alphabetically, in compliance with the latest FDA regulation (it's not mandatory to list ingredients in alphabetical order, but it is permissible).
When I checked the ingredients list on an old box and on the new one, they were all the same indeed.

Best,
Lucas.

#527 lucaasalberto

• 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

You're welcome. You can send an email to Obagi and confirm it, they take very long to respond, but then we have double confirmation! I really like this sunscreen lotion, so I was also concerned when I saw the change in the ingredients list.

Well, I'm talking just about sunscreens regulation. The FDA recently issued new regulation for sunscreen (that's why Obagi repacked their sunscreen, mainly to comply with the new UVA "rating" system), but even before it was possible to list ingredients EITHER alphabetically OR most ---> least, and Obagi has now chosen to list it alphabetically, even though they could have kept it most ----> least. (:

I don't think it applies to food though, it's just OTC drugs, sunscreens to be specific.

Lucas.

Hi lucaasalberto,

Thank you so much for this information! I certainly didn't think of this possibility. So, product ingredients are no longer listed in order of amount contained, most ---> least? Does this latest FDA regulation apply to foodstuffs I wonder... and I'd think not?

Best to you as well :)
Mia K.

Hi, Mia K.

Best,
Lucas.

Edited by lucaasalberto, 02 October 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#528 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yes, I e-mailed Obagi a week or so ago; I got impatient to hear back so I posted here. When they do respond I'll update here. Maybe it won't be too much longer.

Makes sense about the FDA regulation applying only to OTC sunscreens, and not foodstuffs.

Do you happen to know the answer to my part 2 Q. to Obagi: There are two different tubes for the Sun Shield spf 50. One is "Medical" Nu-Derm" in a silver tube, the other is just Nu-Derm, white tube. I believe both are currently available, and have the same Ingredients. I'm wondering at the distinction between the two? Maybe they can a$k/get a higher price for the Dr. office (and eBay) only "Medical" product.

It is a good s/s; I am glad to know it hasn't been reformulated. Too many "New & Improved" formulations...aren't!

Best, MK
edit to fix spf

You're welcome. You can send an email to Obagi and confirm it, they take very long to respond, but then we have double confirmation! I really like this sunscreen lotion, so I was also concerned when I saw the change in the ingredients list.

Well, I'm talking just about sunscreens regulation. The FDA recently issued new regulation for sunscreen (that's why Obagi repacked their sunscreen, mainly to comply with the new UVA "rating" system), but even before it was possible to list ingredients EITHER alphabetically OR most ---> least, and Obagi has now chosen to list it alphabetically, even though they could have kept it most ----> least. (:

I don't think it applies to food though, it's just OTC drugs, sunscreens to be specific.

Lucas.

Edited by Mia K., 02 October 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#529 lucaasalberto

• 14 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think they are migrating to the silver bottle only (their website only has the silver bottle one), and the white ones are just left-over from the previous packaging. It's been quite a messy rebranding by Obagi. Hopefully they stop now.

Yeah, definitely.

Lucas.

Yes, I e-mailed Obagi a week or so ago; I got impatient to hear back so I posted here. When they do respond I'll update here. Maybe it won't be too much longer.

Makes sense about the FDA regulation applying only to OTC sunscreens, and not foodstuffs.

Do you happen to know the answer to my part 2 Q. to Obagi: There are two different tubes for the Sun Shield spf 50. One is "Medical" Nu-Derm" in a silver tube, the other is just Nu-Derm, white tube. I believe both are currently available, and have the same Ingredients. I'm wondering at the distinction between the two? Maybe they can a$k/get a higher price for the Dr. office (and eBay) only "Medical" product.

It is a good s/s; I am glad to know it hasn't been reformulated. Too many "New & Improved" formulations...aren't!

Best, MK
edit to fix spf

Lucas.

#530 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

Hi Eva,
It's coming into Summer here in Australia. Even though I'm wearing sunblock each day, and am not out in the sun for great lengths of time, I'm noticing an increase in freckles on my face already (and the really hot weather hasn't even begun).
I'm using Clinique City Block SPF 25, which is a physical sunblock (I think).
I apply a pea sized amount of City Block - is that enough?
When smoothed over my entire face, it is visible - it almost looks like foundation. This isn't an effect I am looking for. However, it "melts" into my skin after about 30 minutes and becomes more or less invisible for the rest of the day.
I am only applying the sunblock once/ day, in the morning.
I am male.
Can you suggest a better product?

#531 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hi Blood,

A pea sized amount of any sunscreen will not be enough.
I know the SCB SPF 25 and it is not the best sunscreen out there today. It has nano TiO2 and ZnO that will not provide adequate UVA protection.

I think the sunscreen I just reviewed in the thread "My new sunscreen launched", Burnout with 18.6% ZnO and very good and efficient anti-oxidants is a much better sunscreen.
Allie's Perfect Alpha SPF 50+ PPD ++++ sunscreen is an excellent extremely light weight almost invisible sunscreen with 16.23% ZnO + 9% OMC + 1% UAP (Uvinul A Plus).

Also the Allie Mineral Moist Sunscreen SPF 50+ PPD ++++ is an excellent light weight sunscreen with a cooling effect.
ZnO 9.52%, OMC 7.5%, UAP 2.5%, OCR 0.2%

http://www.ratzillac...ral-moisture-n/
http://global.rakute...sOXG1Gt6jkNA_Xw

Hi Eva,
It's coming into Summer here in Australia. Even though I'm wearing sunblock each day, and am not out in the sun for great lengths of time, I'm noticing an increase in freckles on my face already (and the really hot weather hasn't even begun).
I'm using Clinique City Block SPF 25, which is a physical sunblock (I think).
I apply a pea sized amount of City Block - is that enough?
When smoothed over my entire face, it is visible - it almost looks like foundation. This isn't an effect I am looking for. However, it "melts" into my skin after about 30 minutes and becomes more or less invisible for the rest of the day.
I am only applying the sunblock once/ day, in the morning.
I am male.
Can you suggest a better product?

Hi Mia,

Saw that you got an answer from Lucas.
The silver packaging is the newer version. It is identical to the previous product (white/light blue tube). No improvement just change of packaging.

Best regards,
Eva

Hi Eva V.,

Yet another sunscreen question... (Can't be too many of these, eh? ;) )

A s/s that I've been happy enough with is the Obagi Medical Nu-Derm spf 50. Happy enough in fact to seek repurchase.

Only to discover Obagi has reformulated.

Ingredients from original (which I believe you have recommended): Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 10.5%. Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Pentaylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/sodium Acryloydimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Soidum Dihydroxycetyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Squalane, Ceteareth-20, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Crosspolymer-3, Sorbitan Ester, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-hexanediol, Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Ubiquinone, Tropolone.

And the new formula: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 10.5%
Inactive Ingredients: 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chlorphenesin, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Methylisothiazolinone, PEG-40 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Dihydroxycetyl Phosphate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Squalane, Stearyl Alcohol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tropolone, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Your thoughts, Eva? Is this an improvement, one hopes??

Thank you for your time! As always, I hope you are well. :)
Kind regards,
Mia K.

• like x 1

#532 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I think the sunscreen I just reviewed in the thread "My new sunscreen launched", Burnout with 18.6% ZnO and very good and efficient anti-oxidants is a much better sunscreen.

Allie's Perfect Alpha SPF 50+ PPD ++++ sunscreen is an excellent extremely light weight almost invisible sunscreen with 16.23% ZnO + 9% OMC + 1% UAP (Uvinul A Plus).

Also the Allie Mineral Moist Sunscreen SPF 50+ PPD ++++ is an excellent light weight sunscreen with a cooling effect.

Hi Eva,

Thank you so much for these recommendations. I will try them both.
(Of course, I'll also be interested to try your own product when it hits the market.)

#533 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Eva,

I saw that there were some discussions of tinting inorganic sunscreen in other forums by adding iron oxide, liquid foundation etc.

I have a dumb question.

I would like to know if the UVA UVB protection of the sunscreen will become weaker if we tint the sunscreen because the principle of inorganic sunscreen is to reflect the sunlight; will the pigment stop ZnO reflecting the sunlight?

Have a Merry Xmas!!

#534 Next

• 42 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Eva,

Quick question, am starting to take my skin care regiment more seriously.

Have been using neutrogena high SPF for a few years (I am 25 and very pale) and now I just bought some Burnout. Also just ordered some of the Vitamin C + E Ferulic serum.

My question is regarding some LEF skincare products. I need a nightcream and have been looking into Rejuvenex. Is this a good choice?

#535 Eva Victoria

• Topic Starter
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi Happy Lemon,

No. Actually it'll increase UVR protection through the whole spectrum :) (More particles on the same area.)

Happy New Year! :)

Eva,

I saw that there were some discussions of tinting inorganic sunscreen in other forums by adding iron oxide, liquid foundation etc.

I have a dumb question.

I would like to know if the UVA UVB protection of the sunscreen will become weaker if we tint the sunscreen because the principle of inorganic sunscreen is to reflect the sunlight; will the pigment stop ZnO reflecting the sunlight?

Have a Merry Xmas!!

Sorry, I don't know Rejuvenex. But if you post the ingredients list, I'll be able to tell you more about this particular product.

Eva,

Have been using neutrogena high SPF for a few years (I am 25 and very pale) and now I just bought some Burnout. Also just ordered some of the Vitamin C + E Ferulic serum.

My question is regarding some LEF skincare products. I need a nightcream and have been looking into Rejuvenex. Is this a good choice?

#536 Heyman

• 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Eva could you answer me this?

http://www.longecity...creen-question/

#537 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Eva,

Don't buy LE skin care products. Way overpriced. I used Rejuvenex years ago. Saw no real results. They throw the kitchen sink into this product but never tell you what % of actives. All show....no go.
  • like x 1

#538 Next

• 42 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Eva,

Don't buy LE skin care products. Way overpriced. I used Rejuvenex years ago. Saw no real results. They throw the kitchen sink into this product but never tell you what % of actives. All show....no go.

Understood, can you recommend a solid night cream then? I am a firm believer in the importance of night creams (moisture is the essence of wetness and wetness is the essence of beauty)

Additionally can toner interfere (inactivate) CE ferulic serum? I am using some neutrogena salicylic acid stuff for my acne.

#539 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:23 AM

Eva,

Understood, can you recommend a solid night cream then? I am a firm believer in the importance of night creams (moisture is the essence of wetness and wetness is the essence of beauty)

Additionally can toner interfere (inactivate) CE ferulic serum? I am using some neutrogena salicylic acid stuff for my acne.

CeraVe makes a good one. Their PM facial moisturizing lotion has a high % of Niacinamide in it. Just don't use this around the time your applying your C serum cause it is said to interefere with the C serum. Oils are a good option instead of a cream. Emu oil, Grapeseed oil, to name a couple. Spray your face,hands, arms first with some Na-PCA, then apply the oil. Check out gardenofwisdom.com for some interesting products. Also lotioncrafter.com has some unique oils.

#540 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:11 AM

I tried Allie's Perfect Alpha SPF 50+ - it's really quite excellent! It actually 'disappears' into my skin, leaving almost no trace (well, maybe just a very faint sheen). It's a very watery lotion. It seems to have some alcohol in it. It vanishes into the skin so effectively, I find myself wondering if I'm really getting SPF 50+ protection. Do you think the Japanese sunscreen standards are strong/ trustworthy/ believable - and how well would companies adhere to them?

I'm still waiting for my order of Allie Mineral Moist to arrive.

Also ordered some Orbis UV Cut (on the basis of someone's comments, a few posts up)...

Edited by blood, 15 January 2014 - 06:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users