Photo

Another SMI2LE.BIZ horror story

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
570 replies to this topic

#451 todd_lee

• 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 07:23 PM

From Avant:

Well look what arrived in my mailbox today - The R-alpha-lipoic-acid tablets that I ordered over 3 months ago from smi2le.biz! Nevermind that I did a chargeback for the order over a month ago - apparently, he didn't notice (or he intends to re-bill me, in which case I will be happy to return these pills, postage-due).

Now, no longer do we have the old Inkjet printed ascii text : Smi2le blah blah blah -

Now we, have a fancy little graphic (still inkjet printed) with a big PILL for the I in smi2le and the 2 raised as in an exponetial number.

The top of the bottle was also sealed with plastic, as if to convey sterile packing conditions - which clearly is not the case, as I will detail below. Nice look though - it would almost look professional if it didn't look bootleg as hell.

Did I mention the bottle did not even contain the number of pills specified on the label? Anyhow..

Opening the bottle reveals hundreds of little capsules - some with greyish/blackish gunk stuck them. I'm not sure what this "gunk" is - it's sticky. Emptying out the bottle to count the number of pills reveals various pieces of dusty lookling things at the bottom, as well as WHAT LOOKS TO BE A PUBIC HAIR OR A VERY CONVOLUTED EYELASH.

Is this some kind of joke? Some kind of wierd revenge for me posting my experiences? I can't imagine somebody actually sending this out as a legitamate product.

Anyhow - for anyone still following the sm2le scam saga, apparently he has finally gotten in his "ready to ship out next day" R-ALA in stock after over 3 months. That is, if the stuff in the capsules is actually R-ALA. I will not be injesting them nor will I be wasting my money having them assayed.

Smi2le has proven untrustworthy - a f*cking PUBE in the bottom of the bottle?! - and I urge all others extreme caution when dealing with Mike Rizzer aka Mike Donohoe aka owner of smi2le.biz

For your consideration.

#452 hondoleroy

• 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:02 PM

Scottl,

Thanks for your info. Will check it out. My problem is that I don't have upper level" (high normal) levels of cortisol but levels well above the "normal range maximum". Generally in the range of 1.5 times normal range maximum to 3 times the normal range maximum... with one testing as high as nearly 6 times the normal range maximum. The initial thoughts of endocrinologists doing the testing (which is still ongoing) was that this was Cushing's Disease, but the more recent tests since then appear to be ruling that out. In any case, high cortisol )I mean really high cortisol) is a major problem for one's health... physical health, fitness health, and mental health... So "generic" supplements aren't very effective in reducing cortisol that is being secreted at these levels... I seem to have some degree of success with using bulk powder of substances at quite high doses... but, like I said, I'll check it out.

I'm really surprised that more consideration isn't given in this forum to the evils of elevated cortisol (it's probably a LOT more prevelant than most people would consider) and all of the ills that are directly and/or indirectly attributed to elevated cortisol.

For some basic/gebneric info see:

http://www.nutrition...ardingAging.htm

(And note that this article is obviously dealing primarily with MILDLY elevated cortisol levels).

In my research so far - and it's still somewhat preliminary - I have identified the following substances that have some kind of verified track record in lowering cortisol levels:

Phosphatidylserine
Magnolia bark
Theanine
Epimedium
Ashwagandha
Holy Basil
Rhodiola rosea
Siberian ginseng
7-KETO DHEA
Beta-sitosterol (this one is somewhat shaky)

Supplemental help:

1,000 to 1,500 mg of pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) per day
3,000 to 5,000 mg of vitamin C per day
250 mg of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6)

By the way.... I checked that link and there's nothing there..... I checked Lean Xtreme at 1Fast400 and found that it's price along with max dose levels (six pills a day for 15 days per bottle) might mean that buying 7-KETO DHEA powder in bulk might be more efficient for the same results???

I noted somewhere along the way that the main ingredient of Lean Extreme (I believe that it is 7alpha- hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone???) also has a claimed anti-aromatase capability. Also being on TRT (AndroGel) makes that an interesting factor. Anyone know any information concerning that factor... and whether or not 7-KETO DHEA also has that capability?

Thanks.

Hondo

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#453 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:15 PM

Hodo,

THere have been a number of threads on the topic of high cortisol.

Ginko and....the procaine deriv...GH3 are also useful.

Bacopa can help prevent high cortisol from frying your...I guess it is hippocampus.

You can PM sledge on avant or post questions over there about that product

CALIBAN: so am I understanding you correct that even though someone has asked about cortisol you would rather I not mention this one brand product or tell him where to go for further information? Even given that I have no commercial interest, and have never mentioned this company or product before?

#454 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:50 PM

I did get the KRALA I order from smi2le.biz today. It took a little longer than I am used to when I purchase from 1fast400. It has a delivery confirmation on it as well.

His labels are now printed out a lot like the ones that 1fast400 uses so I guess he is starting to make some changes. That is a good thing.

I guess I will give him another 3 or 4 days when I order from him before I get concerned. He is about twice the distance from me as is 1fast400 so it is not outside of normal.

Anyway just wanted to let folks know I did get my order from smi2le.biz and it was as expected in form and weight. No complaints except that it takes a good deal longer to order from him. He is starting to answer the phone more often as well. Still do not get email replies from him..

Edited by vortexentity, 09 January 2005 - 03:32 PM.

#455 hondoleroy

• 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

Scottl,

Thanks.

Will search the full forum for any posts on cortisol.

Not real familiar with "Bacopa", will have to definitely research that. Have decided to go with larger doses of multiple substances (2 or 3 at a time) and then periodically switch substances around so that a tolerance level isn't built up.

Hondo

#456 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:24 AM

Cortisol suppression is an important strategy for longer lasting brain power. I like 7-Keto DHEA for that purpose as it is competitive enzyme inhibitor of cortisol production. There is very good data to support that and a number of weight control products are taking advantage of the data for selling their products.

The more important application in my opinion is in protection of the brain from loss of sensitivity to glucose. This happens with older people or people under a lot of stress. I take 100mg of 7-Keto 2 times per day. It does make you feel a little hot as it increases your metabolism and it is not suggested for people taking throid hormone.

Another strategy I use is taking Phosphorylated Serine which was suggested in another thread in this forum and when checking on this I find it is very efficient in this use and might be prefered for people who are taking thyroid hormone or really do not want to loose any weight. I am still not at my ideal weight so I take both products.

I have not read studies supporting the use of Bacopa for this as yet but plan to look in on it.

#457 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:18 AM

From Avant:

Well look what arrived in my mailbox today - The R-alpha-lipoic-acid tablets that I ordered over 3 months ago from smi2le.biz! Nevermind that I did a chargeback for the order over a month ago - apparently, he didn't notice (or he intends to re-bill me, in which case I will be happy to return these pills, postage-due).

Now, no longer do we have the old Inkjet printed ascii text : Smi2le blah blah blah -

Now we, have a fancy little graphic (still inkjet printed) with a big PILL for the I in smi2le and the 2 raised as in an exponetial number.

The top of the bottle was also sealed with plastic, as if to convey sterile packing conditions - which clearly is not the case, as I will detail below. Nice look though - it would almost look professional if it didn't look bootleg as hell.

Did I mention the bottle did not even contain the number of pills specified on the label? Anyhow..

Opening the bottle reveals hundreds of little capsules - some with greyish/blackish gunk stuck them. I'm not sure what this "gunk" is - it's sticky. Emptying out the bottle to count the number of pills reveals various pieces of dusty lookling things at the bottom, as well as WHAT LOOKS TO BE A PUBIC HAIR OR A VERY CONVOLUTED EYELASH.

Is this some kind of joke? Some kind of wierd revenge for me posting my experiences? I can't imagine somebody actually sending this out as a legitamate product.

Anyhow - for anyone still following the sm2le scam saga, apparently he has finally gotten in his "ready to ship out next day" R-ALA in stock after over 3 months. That is, if the stuff in the capsules is actually R-ALA. I will not be injesting them nor will I be wasting my money having them assayed.

Smi2le has proven untrustworthy - a f*cking PUBE in the bottom of the bottle?! - and I urge all others extreme caution when dealing with Mike Rizzer aka Mike Donohoe aka owner of smi2le.biz

For your consideration.

Now, now, only one pube per order, and only one. They are limited edition, of course, and you are lucky you even got one, lol. It is absolutely hilarious what some people post to the web; I have learned one thing about the Internet; if you even recognize a troll, he begins to exist; however, if you pay the troll no attention, although they may post a lot of nonsense, they never show up on any intelligent person's radar.

#458 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

so you are basically telling us to ignore you completely. Got it.

#459 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:10 AM

so you are basically telling us to ignore you completely.  Got it.

Ha ha, elrond, very funny. ;)

#460 hondoleroy

• 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:36 PM

Sent following e-mail to Smi2le on Jan 5th:

Do you have following bulk powder in stock?

1. GABA

2. Phosphadityl Serine 50%

3. Pregnenolone

Thanks.

Waiting for reply to file order...... prefer to use paypal as it comes directly from bank account... do not have credit card for telephone order....

No answer to e-mail. Tried calling multiple times (3? 4?)... no luck either....

Anyone no anyone else who carries Phosphadityl Serine in bulk powder?

Thanks.

Hondo

#461 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

Dsade says that in a month or two they will be carrying Bulk PS for half the price of the "NOW" brand (the brand 1FAST400 carries):

http://forum.avantla...=ST&f=1&t=14272

I'm still waiting for more info about the supplement they're going to sell alongside phenibut to "prevent" tolerance.

#462 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:08 AM

Beyond-a-century.com has bulk phosphatidyl serine.

#463 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:21 AM

Beyond-a-century.com has bulk phosphatidyl serine.

I would recommend smi2le.biz for bulk phosphatidyl serine; he stocks the phosphatidyl serine produced by the same company that makes the Alpha GPC (Alphasize 50P) product, that is SerinAid™ PhosphatidylSerine (PS) by cheminutra; a respected US supplier.

Posted Image.

Click here for research on this brand of PS.

Contact rizzer@smi2le.biz to purchase or call him:

(USA) 856-652-9118
SMI2LE
2087 S. Shore Road #137
Ocean View, NJ 08230
U.S.A.

Or, click the smi2le logo:

Posted Image

#464 hondoleroy

• 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

What is Avant's order page? Is that Bulk Nutrition? Will definitely be looking at what they have to offer. " We are looking at nothing less than a 90% purity, and shooting for the cost to be around 50-60% of the NOW brand."... Now that sounds really good. Also am really interested in what they're doing with coming up with as far as "more info about the supplement they're going to sell alongside phenibut to "prevent" tolerance."...

Also will definitely check out Beyond-A-Century....

As to Smi2le, apparently my last posting wasn't read thoroughly. I did try e-mailing and calling... no luck... nice study, but doesn't do me any good if supplier won't take orders, answer telephone, respond to e-mails... and I would really like to deal with this supplier as both prices and products seem good.....

#465 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:46 AM

What is Avant's order page? Is that Bulk Nutrition? Will definitely be looking at what they have to offer. " We are looking at nothing less than a 90% purity, and shooting for the cost to be around 50-60% of the NOW brand."... Now that sounds really good. Also am really interested in what they're doing with coming up with as far as "more info about the supplement they're going to sell alongside phenibut to "prevent" tolerance."...

Also will definitely check out Beyond-A-Century....

As to Smi2le, apparently my last posting wasn't read thoroughly. I did try e-mailing and calling... no luck...  nice study, but doesn't do me any good if supplier won't take orders, answer telephone, respond to e-mails...  and I would really like to deal with this supplier as both prices and products seem good.....

Persisitence is rewarding. It is hard to get "in the door" with Rizzer I can imagine. Just keep calling until you get through.

#466 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:16 AM

Persisitence is rewarding.  It is hard to get "in the door" with Rizzer I can imagine.  Just keep calling until you get through.

Or stop trying to contact him. This thread as well as this shows that Rizzer is a hazard to your health and your hard earned money.

How can you consider ordering from a vendor who doesn't answer your emails or telephone calls?

Why does he still have his site up if he doesn't want to do business?

I am sorry that this situation has gotten out of hand but as long as somebody recommends a vendor with as bad service as smi2le I feel the responsibility to make people aware of the potential (likely) hazard to your wallet and/or health.

I paid for my products only to realize that, although I paid, did not get "in the door".

3 months ago. No products. No answers.

Only a contested credit card charge.

So I will get my money back, probably.

Other have had to do this too:

Due to 5 complaints out of 100,000 USD in transactions my merchant company
closed my account and is holding all my money for 6 mos (approx USD
$15,000 and I am having a very hard time keeping my business together.

#467 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

I wondered what he was talking about when I spoke to him the other day on the phone and Rizzer said they were holding his money. I will have to ask for more details of this before I order again. I will not use a CC but paypal.

The likely senerio on this is that customs snatched the package going to these people. They must have ordered large amounts as 5 complaints with a $15,000 price tag on them. Those had to be some big orders.

If they went to an EU country or to AU they are very likely to get grabbed by customs. Customs is no respector of persons. They will not tell Rizzer or the customer that they confiscated the items. They will wait to be contacted and then turn that into questioning of the persons who complain.

That is my 2 cents worth on the subject.

#468 greenman

• 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:37 AM

I have sent rizzer at least 5 e-mails about the methyldienolone order I placed over two months ago. He has my money, but he has never responded.

And yes, I'm new here. Telling you guys this is the only reason I joined.

#469 vortexentity

• 243 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

How did you send smi2le.biz that money greenman? This is becoming something of a bulk supplier due dilligence board of late.

Also where are you from? US or overseas. Seems a lot of the people not getting their product are overseas is why I ask.

#470 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

I don't understand how people's experiences can differ so much from mine with the same supplier. I got all 3 of the orders I placed with Rizzer in 5-7 days (I am not oversease). Additionally, I have sent him a few emails and he has responded to every one of them. Apparently from what other people are describing, YMMV.

#471 nootropic

• 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:06 PM

I wish there was another cheap bulk nootropic supplier beside smi2le.biz and 1FAST400. Nootropi, have you ever thought of starting your own business?

#472 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:15 PM

I wish there was another cheap bulk nootropic supplier beside smi2le.biz and 1FAST400. Nootropi, have you ever thought of starting your own business?

no offense, but have you considered changing your name? Also, do you have to really bring him back to this thread? Not only should the usual suspects be banned from this thread, but this thread should be scrapped altogether. Lastly, I already asked, he responded that he is a student and he is too busy.

Please don't think I am a jerk for the series of responses...

#473 nootropic

• 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:19 PM

Why do I have to change my name? This forum concerns NOOTROPICS, does it not? Thus my name is very appropriate.

If you don't like this thread, then don't read it. The answer is simple!

This thread should not be removed. Obviously this thread is of interest to many people, given the very large number of people whom have read it (currently viewed 8348 times!!!).

You are not a jerk. ;)

#474 hondoleroy

• 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 11:02 PM

I don't understand how people's experiences can differ so much from mine with the same supplier. I got all 3 of the orders I placed with Rizzer in 5-7 days (I am not oversease). Additionally, I have sent him a few emails and he has responded to every one of them. Apparently from what other people are describing, YMMV.

Don't know how to respond to this. I am not overseas either... and I have not had even one e-mail responded to. Or calls answered. As I have been trying to verify items in stock before ordering, can't respond to delivery time as I have not dared order without having received some type of response.

What's puzzling is that with great material and great prices, one would think that the addition of some great (or even good) customer service would turn this into a "gold mine"..... of course, maybe it already is and doing additional business is meaningless....

Personally I've been burned by Internet business before and like to be very comfortable with who I'm dealing with, how solid their business is, what kind of customer service they offer, etc., etc.

#475 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 02:17 AM

I wish there was another cheap bulk nootropic supplier beside smi2le.biz and 1FAST400.  Nootropi, have you ever thought of starting your own business?

I have owned my own business twice in my life. I can tell you that honestly; it would be much more wise to ensure my own safety ingesting nootropics/life extension supplements and earn a college degree in my field(s) of interest than to drop out now and start competing in this lackluster business. I estimate that there is, at most, $100,000 a year after taxes selling nutritional supplements; in a best case scenario. After I finish college, and hopefully excel on standarized tests, that would be, I assume, close to my salary after one year or less. I know this is optimistic.

#476 nootropic

• 19 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:40 AM

OK.

Did you ever receive a reply from BAC regarding your purity concerns?

#477 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 01:52 PM

UPDATE!

I contested the credit card transaction and got my money back!

It's such a great thing that credit card companies protect you from scammers!

#478 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:39 PM

that's great magr.

Now I propose that we let this thread die (voice your support for this idea by not voicing anything in this thread ;) )

#479 lemon

• 389 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

Without letting this thing get 500 replies and 10,000 views? We've come way too far to stop now!

[thumb]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#480 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:50 PM

OK.

Did you ever receive a reply from BAC regarding your purity concerns?

No! In fact, I got a chance to speak with an owner of Beyond-a-century.com; the individual with whom I spoke was named Erik Cochrane (BAC VP) . When I asked him if his products were tested by a third party for heavy metals and melting point, he proceeded to explain that (and these are pretty much his exact words):

Owner of BAC: "Well, you know that there are 'good' suppliers in China and 'bad' suppliers."

I had to laugh at that. I mean, here we are, ingesting several tons of products imported directly from China and/or India, and we are supposed to just hope that BAC gets it from the "right" people. Sorry, I value my life far more than to leave it in the hands of whom the owner of BAC deems to be a "good" supplier. That is ridiculous. As I have already thoroughly proven, even imports that are REQUIRED to be tested for contaminants (i.e. Asian patent medicines, Ayurhvedic herbs (sp), etc) have been proven to contain deadly levels of contaminants.

I wrote an email (of outrage) the contents of which can be found by clicking here. demanding that BAC disclose EXACTLY which products are in fact imported directly from China and are never screened by a third party for heavy metals and melting point assays. BAC replied, only (of course) after I asked everybody in this and the Avantlabs forum to copy the contents of that email and submit it to BAC as support for my argument that our LIFE EXTENSION SUPPLMENTS NEED TO BE SCREENED by A THIRD PARTY (independent) LABORATORY before sellling them to the general public. Beyond-a-century replied, after several days, with the following:

Hello:

Although this is not a complete list, we can verify that the Shilajit comes
from India. An in house (supplier) certificate of analysis confirms that
heavy metals
comply with in house specs at NMT 20 ppm; lead NMT 10 ppm; arsenic MNT 1
ppm.

Erik indicated he spoke with you and that you may have some items
independently tested. We would be interested in any results.

Best regards

Beyond A Century, Inc.
173 Lily Bay Road
Greenville, ME 04441

What BAC is citing here is a test that was included with the bulk product purchased directly from India. That is NOT A THIRD PARTY (I explain why this is not sufficient above)!

Furthermore, beyond-a-century NEVER REPLIED disclosing the FULL LIST OF PRODUCTS imported directly from China and/or India without having been screened for heavy metals and melting point. I think I know why. Either their owners are LAZY or just don't give two shits (pardon my French) about our health. I know this is now in fact the case; because when I spoke with Eric directly on the phone, he said: "I don''t know which one are imported directly from China (and/or India) and are never tested by a third party laboratory. Some are, some aren't. I would have to look it up, and that would take a long time."

I replied: "Okay, I would not want to make you work any harder, now." (note the sarcasm).

Now I hope you can see how our lives are in the hands of someone who thinks ensuring the safety of our LIFE EXTENSION supplements is not worth his time of day; HE WON'T EVEN BOTHER TO TAKE THE TIME TO DISCLOSE EXACTLY WHICH PRODUCTS ARE INDIAN/CHINESE IMPORTS AND WHICH ARE NOT.

I highly recommend NOT purchasing any product from BAC UNLESS you are SURE that is in fact manufactured in the United States from a reputable supplier.

I stand firmly on this issue with Paul and Kitty Wakfer in no longer supporting BAC due to my concern for quality control issues.

Broke links to BAC. Will seek new source of supplements previously obtained from BAC as supply is exhausted. Although Tom (as Paul Wakfer) has been a customer of BAC for 20 years, the recent response by Erik Cochrane BAC VP (Google post from Kitty Antonik Wakfer 2/4/02) demonstrates a company attitude that we can not support with our business.

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users