* * * * * 8 votes

NOOPEPT Mega-Dose.... Someone had to try it

noopept dosage overdose over dose

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#91 Chris Overton

• 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've used them for piracetam and aniracetam and haven't had any issues.

Did you happen to request and receive a CoA from them at all?

No, I honestly didn't, but the reason I didn't is because another member of the forum did and posted it here. Their CoA seems sparse and everything looks like it is done in-house. Here is a link to the thread with the CoA for Noopept. Like I said though, I used them for pi and ani and did my own melting point tests based on information available on the web.

There is another thread that has a CoA for piracetam, but it also doesn't give a melting point and seems to be limited on information and is approved by the same names.

In summation: I've personally used them, have had a good experience, and would personally use them again. I don't want that to sound like a company cheerleader post or anything, I just find their prices to be the best, especially for bulk (aside from Hard Rhino, but they only do piracetam)

#92 mindfunk

• Validating/Suspended
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Great thread. I have been taking 30-50 mg of noopept for the past week now an so far it is GREAT. Some of you may remember my previous thread

Piracetam for me was amazing, for four months it totally changed my life. Then, all of a sudden it just stopped working. I tweaked the doses but just never managed to get it to work again. My diet is rich in choline, I take 30g of FO per day and nutrient dense foods in general, so i'm pretty sure it wasn't diet related.

Anyway, back to the noopept. What can I say but damn, the effects came on fast.15 minutes after my first dose a wave of serenity washed over me. Vision has sharpened up, but not as much as with the piracetam. Noopept however, has affected my spatial awareness much more profoundly and my ability to selectively focus on things is much better. Verbal fluency, vocabulary and articulation are most noticeably better. Physically my brain feels as if it has been 'polished' and cleaned out with one of those high pressure steam cleaners, totally de-greased. On an emotional level it has made me feel much more centered and rational about things.

The following effect though, is the most startling for me personally. After two decades of crushing depression and complex ptsd, I had constant shaking in my fingers because of the chronic anxiety. Not even the piracetam (at it's peak benefit) could stop it. I only noticed after the third day of my noopept trial that I could now hold my hand out straight with no twitching or shaking, WOW! I can now literally hold my hand out and keep it as still as a statue. Does this have something to do with an increase of NGF? It's like it has relaxed my nervous system or something. Anyway, I just thought that I would chime in with my experience. I don't think I need to megadose the noopept as the results are so great at the 30-50mg dose. Mg pr mg it probably is 1000X stronger than piracetam, that's how it 'feels' anyway!

Edited by mindfunk, 06 October 2012 - 12:12 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

I've been taking Noopept for a little over a month at doses of 20-30mgs two or three times daily. So, a few nights ago I decided to try what seemed like a stupidly high dose of Noopept (100mg) in a single dose. It was probably some sort of self-destructive decision but it turned out to be a wonderful gift. I waited a few days before posting to make sure these doses didn't have any immediately dangerous side effects. I'll get into more detail below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I------------------

This has been a 4 day trial so far with total daily dosages ranging from 100mg - 300mg. I've been monitoring my blood pressure and pulse rate throughout and it seems to be unaffected. I use a drug-store blood pressure unit across from my work, so I'm able to monitor it three times a day.

My blood pressure has stayed stable around 125/75 (ranging from 119-135/72-79) and my pulse rate is about 75bpm (that's a pretty high resting pulse rate, probably due to the cigarettes I smoke).

The first night I dosed at 100mg and I didn't notice much. I was expecting some sort of negative side effect but didn't experience anything. Also didn't experience a noticeable positive change either. I took 100mg of L-Theanine, did some meditation before bed and slept normally.

The next morning I woke up a bit tired and didn't notice anything abnormal. Then while driving back from my morning workout I noticed the trees hanging down over the road, blowing in the wind. Their movements were so smooth, majestic and crisp... it was beautiful.

As the morning progressed my mood kept getting better and better. This wasn't euphoria though, it was peaceful, calm, pure and serene. All the negative thoughts that had been cycling through my head everyday for as long as I can remember were gone. A great weight felt like it had been lifted from my shoulders.

I took another 100mg dose after my shower and before work. I was really surprised there were no negative side effects so far at 3.5x the maximum recommended daily dose.

The weather was beautiful! Autumn temperatures for the first time all year. Clean swift breeze and a deep blue sky sprinkled with just the right amount of fluffy white clouds. I got to work and started journaling (part of an entry can be found here if you're interested) and was surprised how positive everything was. I realized I'd been depressed ever since getting back to America five years ago. I had no idea I was depressed until I was suddenly and unexpectedly relieved of the constant pain.

I imagined writing something about this experience here on longecity but cringed at the thought of people calling it a "hypomanic-break" or something similar. I've experience hypo-mania on an oxi-ani combo and recognize it clearly, which is why I stopped those racetams. In contrast, this was serenity; peaceful and content.

I realized that cognitive enhancement is of little use for me without a reciprocal emotional/spiritual enhancement. If anything, faster and more efficient thinking just added fuel the negative self-defeating thoughts I didn't even know were cycling through my head.

I took another 100mg dose in the afternoon and the effect lasted all day. It was effortless to do my work and I decided to wash my car and enjoyed doing so. I called my grandma and mom and had a couple of wonderful conversations. I felt grateful for everything in my life.

The next day I decided to up the dosage to 100mg x 3 times. The day started with identical results but the third dose of 100mg was too much. It gave me a flat-emotional feeling, similar to what I experience taking DMAE.

So ever since then I've been on 100mg Noopept twice a day and feel great. I've reduced my stack to only a few items:

Fish oil = 6gs per day
Noopept = 200mgs per day
Inositol = 12gs per day
L-Theanine = 100mg at night

This is ten times the recommended maximum daily dosage (as stated in the Russian product literature). I started Noopept over one month ago and had no negative side effects before trying these much larger doses. If you're considering mega-dosing on Noopept start low first to make sure you don't have any negative reactions and watch for emotional side effects. People in the past have noticed increased aggression and some other side effects which I'm personally grateful I haven't noticed at all.

I've included a picture of some piles of Noopept. In descending order of size the weights are 200mg, 100mg, 30mg and 20mg. I put the coins next to the piles for size comparison and the benjamin at the bottom for added flare ;)

• dislike x 4
  • like x 1

#94 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

Great thread. I have been taking 30-50 mg of noopept for the past week now an so far it is GREAT. Some of you may remember my previous thread

Piracetam for me was amazing, for four months it totally changed my life. Then, all of a sudden it just stopped working. I tweaked the doses but just never managed to get it to work again. My diet is rich in choline, I take 30g of FO per day and nutrient dense foods in general, so i'm pretty sure it wasn't diet related.

Anyway, back to the noopept. What can I say but damn, the effects came on fast.15 minutes after my first dose a wave of serenity washed over me. Vision has sharpened up, but not as much as with the piracetam. Noopept however, has affected my spatial awareness much more profoundly and my ability to selectively focus on things is much better. Verbal fluency, vocabulary and articulation are most noticeably better. Physically my brain feels as if it has been 'polished' and cleaned out with one of those high pressure steam cleaners, totally de-greased. On an emotional level it has made me feel much more centered and rational about things.

The following effect though, is the most startling for me personally. After two decades of crushing depression and complex ptsd, I had constant shaking in my fingers because of the chronic anxiety. Not even the piracetam (at it's peak benefit) could stop it. I only noticed after the third day of my noopept trial that I could now hold my hand out straight with no twitching or shaking, WOW! I can now literally hold my hand out and keep it as still as a statue. Does this have something to do with an increase of NGF? It's like it has relaxed my nervous system or something. Anyway, I just thought that I would chime in with my experience. I don't think I need to megadose the noopept as the results are so great at the 30-50mg dose. Mg pr mg it probably is 1000X stronger than piracetam, that's how it 'feels' anyway!

Interesting, do you take noopept daily (what brand may I ask), and you've not had any of the other dementia like side effects that has been mentioned on other threads?

Thanks.

#95 mindfunk

• Validating/Suspended
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

No negative effects, so far so good. I'm actually very excited about the noopept and i'm going to continue using it. I'm not going to do a log, I will however be popping in periodically to share my experiences. I couldn't tell you which brand it is as I purchased it on ebay. A guy had 1kg synthesized and is selling it off. A manufacturers COA was provided (which are worth nothing by the way) however the effects that I am getting tell me it's real.

Interesting, do you take noopept daily (what brand may I ask), and you've not had any of the other dementia like side effects that has been mentioned on other threads?

Thanks.

#96 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

by the price it don't look legit http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a927c5f

And how is that?
10mg * 100 = 1000mg = 1g for $22.95.
20mg * 100 = 2000mg = 2g for $27.95 = 1g for $13.98
You're essentially paying a premium for the capsules, relative to bulk powder. This is normal. Personally, I make my own Noopept capsules.

#97 expandables

• 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm just making sure, because i don't want to buy something that isn't legit. So if anyone has bought the product from them please tell if it is legit or not

#98 manic_racetam

• Topic Starter
  • 937 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm just making sure, because i don't want to buy something that isn't legit. So if anyone has bought the product from them please tell if it is legit or not

I haven't purchased those capsules but this question would fare better in the Retailer/Product Discussion area of the forum. You should probably start a thread there.

#99 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Considering that accurately filling Noopept capsules is a serious experimental science, and because it's easy to go wrong with it, I do think it's better for at least the hoi polloi to buy capsules. Use the suggested forum. As for the alternative of using a solution, I guess that may work too.

Edited by Climactic, 07 October 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#100 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

This topic tickles my mind. I like. I'm going to have to get me some Noopept sometime.... as soon as my 100g per day Piracetam regime stops showing improvement.

Also, I would like to add, people, research multiple sources before picking one. I was shocked to see that on Amazon, 1 gram of Noopept powder was $24.95!! "100 servings"

Yet I popped in over at CerebralHealth and saw 10 grams for $49.95.

That's $4.95 per gram versus $24.95 per gram. Essentially you would get ten times the amount of Noopept for only double the price. Please be wary of your supplier!

#101 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I didn't sleep too well last night and felt tired this morning so I also tried a high dosage noopept this morning. I took 100mg around 8am. At around 9am I felt a little nausea. At 10am I really thought I was going to be sick. At 11am I felt a little better and by 12 noon I was fine.

My current stack is:
Aniracetam: 750mg twice/day
Alpha GPC: 300mg twice/day
Alcar: 500mg twice/day
Noopept: 20mg twice day

I've been enjoying the above stack, but to reduce tolerance I've only been taking it 5 days/week.

#102 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Very highly informative - thanks for the info!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#103 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Thanks all; very informatiive.

I have not tried any racetams, but am looking for something to replace the increasingly-scarce tianeptine for depression. Can someone who has used both tianeptine and recetams (not necessarily at the same time) provide a comparison of the anti-depressive effects of the two?

Or, I suppose another way to ask the question is whether anyone has found that a racetam such as Noopept is an effective replacement for tianeptine in terms of its anti-depressant effect.

#104 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

I once took somewhere between 1 and 3 grams of noopept; after realising my transient, retard-esque, stupor, I quickly hurried to bed and slept....

Inception occurred, ladies and gentlemen. Inception.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#105 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

1 to 3 grams??? Really?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#106 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

I once took somewhere between 1 and 3 grams of noopept; after realising my transient, retard-esque, stupor, I quickly hurried to bed and slept....

I probably missed something here. Inception occurred.... But in which direction? Was your subconscious being implanted, or were you doing the implantation? Or am I completely lost?
  • dislike x 1

#107 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I probably missed something here. Inception occurred.... But in which direction? Was your subconscious being implanted, or were you doing the implantation? Or am I completely lost?

i'll take odds he was joking, not sure if you are haha. if not, think about noots for socializing

#108 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Guys, there are numerous busy users subscribed to this topic, and many new readers too. If you report an experience with megadoses of noopept, please be as clear as possible and describe the experiences in detail, so there aren't three follow-up messages that try to guess exactly what it is that happened. Thanks.

Edited by Climactic, 31 March 2013 - 05:05 AM.

• like x 1

#109 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

i'll take odds he was joking, not sure if you are haha. if not, think about noots for socializing

Were you joking about having taken mega-doses of noopept, Kylehere?

• dislike x 1

#110 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

i meant this part: "inception, ladies and gentlemen. inception." i'm sure he did take the 1-3 grams
  • dislike x 1

#111 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

i meant this part: "inception, ladies and gentlemen. inception." i'm sure he did take the 1-3 grams

I suppose I should clear up the confusion. I wasn't lying about taking that amount of noopept, however, the inception claim was gross embellishment. I didn't remember my dreams (as you'd expect from noopept), but I did wake with some amazing clarity. Other than an inoccuous hum of a headache which was cured with water, no other effects were observed.

Long story short: wasn't worth it, waste of money, no long or short term affectations.
  • like x 2

#112 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I suppose I should clear up the confusion. I wasn't lying about taking that amount of noopept, however, the inception claim was gross embellishment. I didn't remember my dreams (as you'd expect from noopept), but I did wake with some amazing clarity. Other than an inoccuous hum of a headache which was cured with water, no other effects were observed.

Long story short: wasn't worth it, waste of money, no long or short term affectations.

Thanks for the report and for the clarification.

#113 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Apparently no one has ever mentioned to you, so I'll be the first. This is not a chat room. There is no need to post trivial messages, including thanks messages, sarcastic comments, off-topic humor, etc. These are all distracting and a collective waste of time, for both present and future readers. For example, if 300 people read your message for the entire lifetime of this thread, and each takes an average of 5 seconds, that's 25 minutes you wasted, not to mention your own time in writing the post. If someone has something meaningful to contribute, they will. No need to reply to this message either.

While we learn from your experience, it can be dangerous to overdose on drugs. People have ended up in body bags. Noopept is apparently forgiving, but something else might get to you for good if you aren't very careful. Even people who are careful often end up doing it wrong when they're new to a drug.

Edited by Climactic, 31 March 2013 - 08:06 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#114 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Apparently no one has ever mentioned to you, so I'll be the first. This is not a chat room. There is no need to post trivial messages, including thanks messages, sarcastic comments, off-topic humor, etc. These are all distracting and a collective waste of time, for both present and future readers. For example, if 300 people read your message for the entire lifetime of this thread, and each takes an average of 5 seconds, that's 25 minutes you wasted, not to mention your own time in writing the post. If someone has something meaningful to contribute, they will. No need to reply to this message either.

While we learn from your experience, it can be dangerous to overdose on drugs. People have ended up in body bags. Noopept is apparently forgiving, but something else might get to you for good if you aren't very careful. Even people who are careful often end up doing it wrong when they're new to a drug.

Oh, the irony!

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#115 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Oh, the irony!

Irony indeed! He won't understand it, though, because it is anti-climactic. :)

Edited by Bruce6815, 01 April 2013 - 04:36 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#116 Lister

• Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

While it is important to keep the information in these threads as fluid as possible we also need to recognize that Longecity isn't a place where one exclusively publishes scientific papers. Part of every forum is discussion and occasionally said discussion can move slightly off topic. Indeed this has the potential to derail the thread and "waste" readers time however a strictly technical post can be brutal to read through. Breaking up the monotony with the occasional joke or conversation is acceptable.

This is not a strict chat room you are right Climatic, however this is also not a technical manual. A few trivial messages including thanks messages, sarcastic comments, and off-topic humor is OK as long as it doesn't detract too far from the topic. There's a difference between content creators adding in a joke now and then, and someone deliberately trying to drive the thread off-topic.
  • like x 6
  • dislike x 2

#117 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

I am just going to resurrect this thread because I recently tried a megadose of Noopept, and honestly did not experience that much.

I have been stacking 10mg Noopept and some racetams which has been going well overall.

However I haven't really tried Noopept that much alone, so yesterday due to some sleep weirdness presumably induced by the racetams I decided to only take Noopept for a day (I think it is the best part of my stack anyway).

I dosed 10mg in the morning, and for a few hours felt GREAT. My next dose of 100mg was underwhelming. Perhaps I did feel a little different but definitely nothing groundbreaking. Same with the next one. Honestly I did have a very very busy day in a fairly stressful environment so this could have played a part, especially since I had a fairly relaxing start to the day in the morning, however I did not feel a marked difference, I don't think, between 10mg and 100mg (if anything the earlier dose was better - although again, environment could have played a large part in this).

I took a small amount of choline with each dose sort of "just in case" - I don't find I need much choline anyway when stacking nootropics but I thought a little extra choline couldn't hurt.

Could it be that my brain just doesn't respond particularly well to megadoses of noopept?

Edited by Xenthide, 06 July 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#118 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

I will add some information that I don't see in this thread so far that I think is quite significant and important - I trust manic_racetam will not object to me sharing information acquired via PM,

Essentially, It is possible that high noopept doses will result in rapid tolerance to the mood enhancing effect that does not subside even after extended breaks (longer than the advised 1 month period).

Therefore, I would discourage everyone at this point from trying it if you are getting good effects from lower doses, as it sounds quite possible that some permanent (or, at least, prolonged) changes could be induced by extended megadosing regimens that will seriously affect your ability to enjoy this chemical long term.
  • like x 1

#119 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

haha what made you take that much? what is your stack these days?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

haha what made you take that much? what is your stack these days?

Like a lot of people, I can become a little self destructive when confronted with stress or adversity.The megadose was just a symptom of that, and I don't suggest doing it yourself.

Since the exam period is over, I've moved away from the more 'hardcore nootropics' and instead have focused on getting a good diet and exercise.
I would actually still use noopept, however I've ran out of it and can't find the motivation to repurchase.

My current stack consists of the usual suspects: fish oil, magnesium, rhodiola, st john's... etc (if you want details I can PM as it's not really relevant to this thread)

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, dosage, overdose, over dose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users