* * * * * 27 votes

Chemically induced LTP?

ciltep pde4 forskolin ltp

• Please log in to reply
2626 replies to this topic

#931 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Piracetam give super human feeling on many of us here by look from many report ,why bother with others substance ?

What are you talking about?

I quit taking piracetam long ago after realizing it just made me manic....just an illusion of being more creative...no effect at all on memory....I'm just as creative without it as long as I take lots of choline

#932 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Is MCT oil the same thing as coconut oil or not? What is it produced from?
We have already started feeding the ill old relative with bacopa but with no results yet. Maybe it will take some time for the effect to appear.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#933 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I felt a kind of indifference to reading today. It seems that CILTEP stack influences somehow the emotional part. I have a feeling that I don't feel anything and don't enjoy the things like I lost empathy. Maybe it's not the stack's action. Not yet sure.

#934 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

We have already started feeding the ill old relative with bacopa but with no results yet. Maybe it will take some time for the effect to appear.

It's not the same thing, but it could be made from coconut oil, not sure. Some coconut oil I bought was labeled 62% MCTs, so there are a lot in there, but it's not pure MCTs. There is only weak evidence for Bacopa helping with alzheimer's, and the general memory enhancement effects are only apparent at 6+ weeks.

Edited by hephaestus, 26 October 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#935 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

MCT oil is most often produced from palm oil, although coconut oil is another possibility. Coconut oil is generally tastier and is mostly MCTs, but MCT oil is purer if you're just looking to swallow a tbsp a day or something along those lines.

#936 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Just got some Nature's Herbs Artichoke extract, Herbal Actives Forskohlii, and l-Phenylalanine tabs yesterday. Took two tabs of Artichoke and forskolin, and one 500mg tab of l-phenylalanine yesterday afternoon on an empty stomach - nothing. How long should it take for this stuff to kick in?
BTW, the only other supp I'm taking is CDP Choline. One 250mg tab twice a day morning and evening.

Edited by timtam777, 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#937 johnreedman90

• 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

It took me til the second or third day to see a noticeable effect.

#938 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

I've noticed an increased tolerance to CILTEP + caffeine in the last week.

Namely, I'm not getting the feeling of intense focus that I was in the first week or so. On the positive side, no more bruxism.

Things I've changed, aside from upping my matcha consumption:
-upping the magnesium glycine.
-reintroduced sporadic use of aniracetam, though usually spaced 5-6 hours away from my morning CILTEP+ALCAR+GTE+espresso stack.
-switched from tyrosine to phenylalanine.

#939 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

I've noticed an increased tolerance to CILTEP + caffeine in the last week.

Namely, I'm not getting the feeling of intense focus that I was in the first week or so. On the positive side, no more bruxism.

Things I've changed, aside from upping my matcha consumption:
-upping the magnesium glycine.
-reintroduced sporadic use of aniracetam, though usually spaced 5-6 hours away from my morning CILTEP+ALCAR+GTE+espresso stack.
-switched from tyrosine to phenylalanine.

I found that Aniracetam did not mix well with CILTEP. It gave me bad brain fog and some sleepiness.

#940 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

I've been on this for about 2 weeks mixed with everything in this thread and I've noticed no substantial side effects. I haven't cycled off anything and feel generally great. I had head aches first time last night while on my stack + 10mg of adderall so I presumed it was from Pram and Add. combo. I upped my choline to 500mg per serving and head aches disappeared. When I get sleepy (from CILTEP,) I use about 5-10mg adderall as suggested and keep working. However, one should be careful about mixing adderall with a dopamine inducer like tyrosine (say, 20mg+ adderall and 1g of tyrosine simultaneously) as it can cause some seriously debilitating euphoria reminiscent of MDMA and is counterproductive.

#941 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I take CILTEP + selegiline. No side effects observed. Increased focus and stamina.

#942 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Yesterday was my fourth day of this CILTEP thing. I take two Nature's Herbs Artichoke Extract caps, two Herbal Actives Coleus Forskohlii caps, and one cap of Now l-Phenylalanine. I also take one CDP Choline 250mg cap twice a day.
Yesterday I took my stack first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with a shot of espresso. Oh My Gosh!!! It's been a long long time since I've felt (felt being a key word here due to suffering anhedonia) that good. Fantastic day and the effects lasted all day. Still felt good this morning, but was late taking my stack. Just waiting to see if it has the same effect again. I am going to try the whole empty stomach with coffee again.

If it does indeed work again, this will be the only thing I've tried that's made a difference with my anhedonia.
PS. Also, seem to be experiencing a slight memory boost as well?????

Edited by timtam777, 02 November 2012 - 01:07 AM.

#943 fenra

• 43 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Tried ciltep 3 hours ago, I have noticed (along with clearance of brain fog, or a nice 360° awareness effect) a big increase in risk taking behaviour, both "spatially" and socially; it strangely seems to happen only when I "let it". This together with reading about the social relation benefits other people are getting makes me question how strictly its effect on the dopamine system is limited to learning and cognition.
How many are actually taking it for learning capacity and only enjoying energy/sociability as a secondary effect?

I must add that I have never taken Phenylalanine before today, so I cannot tell if it alone is responsible.

Edited by fenra, 03 November 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#944 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

[...]This together with reading about the social relation benefits other people are getting makes me question how strictly its effect on the dopamine system is limited to learning and cognition.[...]

It would seem that CILTEP has some sort of effect on the dopamine and perhaps norepinephrine systems. That said, it's highly unlikely that it could be "limited to learning and cognition." It likely has some sort of effect on the entire dopamine system, whether that be through reuptake inhibition, agonism, allosteric modulation, upregulation, or any other of the many ways to increase dopaminergic signaling. It may have stronger effects in some portions of the brain than others. Since CILTEP is purely an invention of some forum members here and hasn't been studied as a combination in the literature, I don't think it's possible to say what the pharmacology of the effects are, and I think the energy/motivation/stimulant potentiation effects people enjoy with it are unlikely to be due to the long term potentiation, since they seem to appear with a single administration of the stack.

#945 fenra

• 43 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

It would seem that CILTEP has some sort of effect on the dopamine and perhaps norepinephrine systems. That said, it's highly unlikely that it could be "limited to learning and cognition." It likely has some sort of effect on the entire dopamine system, whether that be through reuptake inhibition, agonism, allosteric modulation, upregulation, or any other of the many ways to increase dopaminergic signaling. It may have stronger effects in some portions of the brain than others. Since CILTEP is purely an invention of some forum members here and hasn't been studied as a combination in the literature, I don't think it's possible to say what the pharmacology of the effects are, and I think the energy/motivation/stimulant potentiation effects people enjoy with it are unlikely to be due to the long term potentiation, since they seem to appear with a single administration of the stack.

Well if we take a few things for granted, all evidence points to the fact that we are recreating on a small scale what the first study mentioned in this thread achieved, and the whole LTP process which you guys have pulled up seems to be fairly well established in literature; also all attempts to impact it seem to be based on logic or publications and you have had at least some sort of effect from them.
I am unsure of how far we could take this stack, given the rudimental substances we have at our disposal; it would however be nice to become more acquainted with it and its ingredients' effects.

In particular, how much of this "high" is dependant on the caffeine/amphetamine ingredient, given that ciltep sensitizes these neurons and keeps them on their toes, waiting for directions, and showering them with dopamine, while pleasant, could perhaps spoil the effect.

Anyway, I'm sure that abelard lindsay is ten steps ahead of us in this matter! Tomorrow I will take the stack again and actually try to learn something.

#946 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

anyone here take ciltep + adrafinil/modafinil?

#947 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Just an another update: This stuff has had an amazing effect on me. I'm very talkative, which is unlike me. I have lots of energy and have lost the low level background anxiety I always have. I'm also "feeling the moment" and enjoying things, which is sooo good.
Sometimes I feel like it's a little too stimulating - like I've had a couple of alcoholic drinks! It's certainly fun, but I might try dropping the dosage down to one cap/day of both artichoke and forskolin if it doesn't back off.

Happy days! :-D

Edited by timtam777, 03 November 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#948 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Just an another update: This stuff has had an amazing effect on me. I'm very talkative, which is unlike me. I have lots of energy and have lost the low level background anxiety I always have. I'm also "feeling the moment" and enjoying things, which is sooo good.
Sometimes I feel like it's a little too stimulating - like I've had a couple of alcoholic drinks! It's certainly fun, but I might try dropping the dosage down to one cap/day of both artichoke and forskolin if it doesn't back off.

Happy days! :-D

Did you try taking it without a dopaminergic substance? I just started taking it today and I feel pretty tired. I'm taking 3mg Forskolin and 500mg Artichoke.

#949 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

apart from the shot of espresso, and a 250mg cap of CDP Choline twice a day, it's all I'm taking.

#950 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

apart from the shot of espresso, and a 250mg cap of CDP Choline twice a day, it's all I'm taking.

Have you tried taking just the espresso to see if you get the same results?

#951 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

I forgot to mention, there's definitely a positive effect on my memory. Remembering names, numbers events is a LOT easier. Bonus!
Definitely an improvement in the executive functioning area.

Edited by timtam777, 03 November 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#952 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I forgot to mention, there's definitely a positive effect on my memory. Remembering names, numbers events is a LOT easier. Bonus!

hahaha the irony....
  • like x 1

#953 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Have you tried taking just the espresso to see if you get the same results?

yes, I have had a shot of espresso almost every day for the past 7 years. It's never done this!

hahaha the irony....

hehehe! made me laugh out loud!

#954 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Also, I haven't experienced an increase of libido levels from my usual very low level....hoping this may improve...

#955 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

[...]This together with reading about the social relation benefits other people are getting makes me question how strictly its effect on the dopamine system is limited to learning and cognition.[...]

This.

I've been taking forskolin without the artichoke extract (as I ran out) and haven't noticed anything much different than when I was dosing artichoke, FWIW. I understand PDE4 inhibition is potentiating forskolin's effects on paper, but I'm not sure I can feel the effect subjectively.

#956 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

I had my fortieth birthday party tonight. I NEVER make a speech at parties, or anything for that matter, but tonight I felt like making a speech. I made the speech confidently and fluently, and was witty as well. Weird! Everyone was like "wow!"
This stack has made such a difference to my social life. I used to struggle with coming up with topics of conversation, but now trying to stop me chatting is the problem!
I hope to God this thing doesn't poop out!

#957 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I had my fortieth birthday party tonight. I NEVER make a speech at parties, or anything for that matter, but tonight I felt like making a speech. I made the speech confidently and fluently, and was witty as well. Weird! Everyone was like "wow!"
This stack has made such a difference to my social life. I used to struggle with coming up with topics of conversation, but now trying to stop me chatting is the problem!
I hope to God this thing doesn't poop out!

ALCAR and URIDINE also had that effect on me. There are probably other supplements that could effect you in a similar way, you just gotta find them.

#958 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Glad to see you've found success timtam777. My advice to keep it from pooping out is to go easy on the forskolin (10mg or less), take a couple days break a week, or try Galantamine once a week. Also, if you ever start having problems with irritability, 100-200mg of L-theanine is usually enough to take care of it, and kicks in after about a half hour on an empty stomach.

I'm back on my 5mg Adderall + 500mg Artichoke + ~10mg Forskolin (98% extract) stack. Dear sweet lord, I had forgotten what it is like to be able to function. This stack turns me into a motivation machine. My brain feels like a powerhouse.

I've decided to add ~1mg Selegiline and ~150mg of Quercetin back in as well. It helps keeps the stack going for about 12 hours, and seems to help with mood as well. The Quercetin also helps with any seasonal allergies I'm having. Hopefully the Selegiline is being neuroprotective at this amount, as well.

I've also gotten back in the habit of taking magnesium l-threonate at night. In the future, I'll probably switch a cheaper magnesium, but I love how it doesn't mess with my bowels and I still have 3 bottles left.

Edited by zrbarnes, 04 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#959 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

ALCAR and URIDINE also had that effect on me. There are probably other supplements that could effect you in a similar way, you just gotta find them.

I have poured a year of my life into fixing my brain using supplements that I could legally order from the internet, and the only thing that has come remotely close to duplicating this stack is moderate to high doses of nefiracetam. Given the issue of testicular toxicity, I wasn't too keen to continue taking it.

I really like sublingual uridine, and I continue to take it, but it doesn't produce any of the effects he is talking about for me, while CILTEP does. We are all wired up a bit differently. Just because something works or doesn't work for you, doesn't mean the same will hold true for others.

I only mention this because it seems like you are trying to talk him out of his good response.

Edited by zrbarnes, 04 November 2012 - 05:25 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#960 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have poured a year of my life into fixing my brain using supplements that I could legally order from the internet, and the only thing that has come remotely close to duplicate this stack is moderate to high doses of nefiracetam. Given the issue of testicular toxicity, I wasn't too keen to continue taking it.

I really like sublingual uridine, and I continue to take it, but it doesn't produce any of the effects he is talking about for me, while CILTEP does. We are all wired up a bit differently. Just because something works or doesn't work for you, doesn't mean the same will hold true for others.

I only mention this because it seems like you are trying to talk him out of his good response.

Nope I wasn't, I was just trying to state that this may not be the only thing that works for him. It's the 2nd day of CELTIP and I'm not sure if it's having an effect on me, but like you said we are all wired differently. I just don't want him to end his search for the optimal stack here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ciltep, pde4, forskolin, ltp

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By