* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#631 elovefire

• 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

My link is waiting for approval but it is regarding the article "key nutrients support the growth of brain cell nuerites and dendrites".

Has any one thought about, tried, or researched adding Acetyl carnitine and Acetyl carnitine arginate and maybe Gotu kola?

#632 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Where does the need for a high dose of E come from? I am not too fond of mega dosing fat soluble substances...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#633 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

Does anyone try to combine with Magnesium L-Threonate (MgT)?? Some positive experiences from users (see: http://www.longecity...894#entry495894)

Thanks

#634 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Nupi - it's not really a megadose at all, just that the RDA has been re-evaluated by most of the powers that be and substantially increased, so now, depending on whose literature you read it's either normal or high. Quite annoying that it's not uniform.

Check out one of the patents early in the thread - specifically found additional E to accelerate growth. :)

#635 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Elovefire - some people substitute a-gpc for alcar. It works fine.

#636 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Choqueiro - supply issues here for that one. Had previously been interested in trialling it, myself. Perhaps soon enough..

#637 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Mhh I currently get 75IU d alpha Tocopherol from my multi (I am taking half a serving, so could potentially double that). Would be interesting to know how much I get from food - should probably do the math first.

#638 Hologram

• 61 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

No tolerance observed so far (nearly 4 months?) and because of the way it works, it actually can fix tolerance problems caused by other substances.
Additionally, taking a break on a weekend isn't an issue, either way.

RDA of vitamin B group, C suggested. 500IU+ of vitamin E is recommended, which is above one governing body's RDA, however quite normal according to others. Tolerable upper limit in humans, before side-effects is 1500IU, according to various sources.

I'd probably suggest most people starting out with UMP/TAU don't go too overboard. There seems to be somewhat different effects at different doses. If you find you are too 'focused', try just taking a 200-300mg dose of UMP / 50-75mg TAU, once per day for a while and see how you go from there. :)

Thanks for the reply, are you sure 4 months is long enough to be making those sort of conclusions? I've heard that it's even possible to grow tolerant to vitamins. I do understand though that it's always a case by case basis. Some people might stay sensitive to supplements much longer than others. But I'd really like to get the most benefit I could out of this and I've also heard that, with things like fish oil. Chronic use is important. Not too sure, if that means everyday or just so Would taking those two days off, noticeably diminish the positive effects of this or not? Either way I'm sure with a bit of experimentation, I'll find something that works.

And as for the vitamins, I should be set for those, just need a vitamin E supplement to go along with my multi.

One more thing, If you remember my other thread I'm dealing with some serious psychological issues, how gradually should I start to add that choline? It was mentioned somewhere here that, it could cause some problems if your body hadn't adapted beforehand.

Edit: Forgot, this one. I'm thinking about trying out a antidepressant, would there be any reason why these wouldn't mesh well with one? Chances are low that anything could happen. But I want to be careful and you seem to be a pretty knowledgable guy on this subject. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy playing 20 questions.

Edited by Cerberus, 15 January 2012 - 11:08 PM.

#639 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

Cerberus, I could see tolerance possibly developing to megadoses of vitamins, but I'd be concerned if that happened around RDA. :)

My advice for you is:
1. Don't start antidepressants until you've seen if this combo works as well for you as it has for others. It should sit alongside SSRIs fine, but you may not need to at all.

2. Leave out alpha-gpc until day 10 and try incrementing in 100mg units each day. See if it sits well. Alternatively, consider using ALCAR instead.

Hope that helps!

#640 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

can you actually sniff the uridine powders instead? I'd like to know whether you might feel it, and maybe quicker.:)

#641 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

I am sure you can sniff it, the question is how bad it will be for your sinuses and whether it will be absorbed at all. I might just try it once :P

Edit: current stack
Morning
* 1 NOW Adam Softgel
* 300mg AGPC/100mg Phosphatidylserine (its a combo, only AGPC I have on hand)
* 250-300mg UMP, sublingual (tastes a little salty, otherwise ok)
* 500mg Taurine
* 500mg Inositol
* 300mg 80% Silymarin Extract (this one has also reports of helping with OCD plus is very good for your liver)
* 200mg Mg-Citrate
* 1000mg EPA, 500mg DHA
* 120mg 24/6 Ginkgo
* Jarrow Sensoril Ashwaghanda (usually, but right now I am skipping it)
* 300mg ALA
* potentially 500mg ALCAR

Lunch
* 5mg Li Orotate
* 400mg EGCG
* 2000IU D3 Softgel
* Potentially 150mg Idebenone plus another 300mg ALA

Dinner
* 1000mg EPA, 500mg DHA
* 200mg Mg Citrate
* 300mg 80% Silymarin
* 500 mg Taurine
* 500mg Inositol
* Thorne Bacopa

Mood wise I feel fine, but energy is really low. Maybe the Wellbutrin withdrawal. Will try to see a shrink this week about that one (I need to get rid of all fatigue by the end of the month).

#642 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Looks good Nupi. Perhaps a little high on the Li/O dose?

What about diet/exercise at the moment? Could help energy levels, etc.

#643 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Li/O almost always comes in 5mg pills so I just went with that. Diet is pretty decent but exercise frankly sucks - but I also can't really motivate myself to do much of anything in that area.... Probably time to see a shrink this week as check up came up with all tests right in the middle of the ranges, so likely it is not physical after all.

#644 LeonardElijah

• 78 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Uridine - it's more about what you don't feel anymore.

The unwanted stuff fades away, leaving you feeling happy and balanced. The feeling of wellbeing is basically a return to your 'normal' state. It's gentle, definitely not normally like a stimulant eg. coffee. It gradually builds up and after a week or so, you just feel 'good' and unimpeded. Your ability to recall gets better. Your ability to sleep gets better. Problem solving becomes quick and painless. Things don't stress you out anywhere near as much. Everything just works.

The effects that are typically observed quite quickly are being clear-headed, even in the face of sleep debt and in the larger doses, your focus improves.

Of course, the more obvious effects can be masked or missed by stimulants and drugs / medications. YMMV.

You haven't been at it long, but if you have any concerns, give me a list of everything that you are taking / doing and I'll cast an eye over it. :)

Thanks for this. I cannot wait until I'm employed again and I have the money for pure uridine. This is my supplement. I'm taking brewer's yeast and molasses right now. It sounds like peanuts compared to pure uridine.

#645 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Nupi - maybe don't think of it as exercise. Think of it as exploring your local neighbourhood and smelling the roses.. :)

Can you split that Li/O in half?

#646 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Leonard - TAU is about $12/bottle of 60 caps. Might be cheaper than BY and mollases? :)

#647 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

Uridine + CDP-choline + Omega 3s = B.O.?

I work out a lot, but I've never (or rarely) had strong B.O.. But in the past week, I've noticed a strong sharp body odor. I'm not sure it's connected to uridine, et. al., but that's about all I've changed recently. Anyone else?

#648 LeonardElijah

• 78 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

I work out a lot, but I've never (or rarely) had strong B.O.. But in the past week, I've noticed a strong sharp body odor. I'm not sure it's connected to uridine, et. al., but that's about all I've changed recently. Anyone else?

B.O. Someone Stinks (*still not voting for a Republican except maybe Paul)
I know this can't be attributed to the CDP-choline and Omega3s. I've used CDPcholine and fish oil for years. Perhaps the addition of a uridine supplement changes things.
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#649 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

Ive been on this topic the whole time but I still haven't seen much of uridine's effects besides brain function. Under the tongue will avoid this, but i'm concerned with certain health effects.

#650 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

Ive been on this topic the whole time but I still haven't seen much of uridine's effects besides brain function. Under the tongue will avoid this, but i'm concerned with certain health effects.

under the tongue will avoid what? i'm not sure what you're saying.... that sublingual admin. creates other effects?

#651 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

B.O. Someone Stinks (*still not voting for a Republican except maybe Paul)
I know this can't be attributed to the CDP-choline and Omega3s. I've used CDPcholine and fish oil for years. Perhaps the addition of a uridine supplement changes things.

I have been minty fresh! No negative results with that and I work out and take a good bit of uridine on a daily basis. Could be something else. Lots of spices perhaps? indian food can have that effect on me for some reason :/ Go Paul btw..

#652 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

Nupi - maybe don't think of it as exercise. Think of it as exploring your local neighbourhood and smelling the roses.. :)

It is minus 5C. Nobody really wants to go out in that temperature (even though it is sunny with blue skies for the past few days)... I should really go back to doing weights, but I am so unmotivated that I do not even want to sign up for a gym.

As for the LiO, I read the old threads again, 5mg does not seem to be that much? I could try splitting it, of course.

#653 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

mr happy. u know any good vit E supps i could buy, my multi only gives 120iu per 3 pills.

#654 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hi MrHappy.

I´m really impatient. My order arrives this week. Can´t wait!!!

As you know I have memory problems (problems remembering names, etc), verbal fluency and focus (support conversations, etc.). Depression and anxiety doesn´t help. In your experience does this stack improve this aspects (memor, focus and verbal fluency)??

I´m really excited also about some positive experiences with MgT (Magnesium L-Threonathe). Do you think that might be a good complement or should I avoid to mix your suggested stack with any other substance??

Thanks for everything

#655 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Bacopa and Ashwaghanda do quite well for me for mood as well plus Bacopa is said to improve memory over the long term, so you might want to look into those. I see no issue with mixing and matching, really

#656 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

It is minus 5C. Nobody really wants to go out in that temperature (even though it is sunny with blue skies for the past few days)... I should really go back to doing weights, but I am so unmotivated that I do not even want to sign up for a gym.

As for the LiO, I read the old threads again, 5mg does not seem to be that much? I could try splitting it, of course.

Yeah.. I can't drag myself to a gym, either.. I just came back from your part of the world recently. -5C was actually quite enjoyable and I did a lot of walking and looking around.

I came back to 30C and it's pretty hot and sticky right now. I think I prefer cooler climates - my nordic ancestors or something. :)

#657 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

mr happy. u know any good vit E supps i could buy, my multi only gives 120iu per 3 pills.

This looks good:
http://www.nationaln...il.aspx?ID=1854

#658 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hi MrHappy.

I´m really impatient. My order arrives this week. Can´t wait!!!

As you know I have memory problems (problems remembering names, etc), verbal fluency and focus (support conversations, etc.). Depression and anxiety doesn´t help. In your experience does this stack improve this aspects (memor, focus and verbal fluency)??

I´m really excited also about some positive experiences with MgT (Magnesium L-Threonathe). Do you think that might be a good complement or should I avoid to mix your suggested stack with any other substance??

Thanks for everything

Hugely. :) I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
MgT should be OK with this stack.

#659 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

This looks good:
http://www.nationaln...il.aspx?ID=1854

$44.99 :o Wow hella expensive. The ones on iherb looks cheaper. wHY is AOR so expensive!
By the way, regarding expensive check this http://www.iherb.com...ules/37882?at=0 this cost $70.50, crazy!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#660 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

Well.. here's a UK product for you instead:
http://www.healthspa...-p420-c122.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)

Topic Led By