* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#661 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah.. I can't drag myself to a gym, either.. I just came back from your part of the world recently. -5C was actually quite enjoyable and I did a lot of walking and looking around.

I came back to 30C and it's pretty hot and sticky right now. I think I prefer cooler climates - my nordic ancestors or something. :)

I guess I can see how.... I spent most of 2011 in Singapore and I never thought I would say it, but I got sick of the constant 30C after like 5 or 6 months... Still, minus 5C is not really what I would like, either :)

#662 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Well.. here's a UK product for you instead:
http://www.healthspa...-p420-c122.aspx

Im not really familiar with that page. But thanks anyways. What bout this one http://www.iherb.com...tgels/7038?at=0 ? Does it contain the necessary Tocopherols?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19926923 Seems Vitamin E increases cognition.

Edited by nito, 17 January 2012 - 01:28 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#663 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

That looks fine. :)

This also goes some way to explain the purpose of vitamin e in this stack:
http://www.jlr.org/c...0/1940.full.pdf

#664 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Ive been on this topic the whole time but I still haven't seen much of uridine's effects besides brain function. Under the tongue will avoid this, but i'm concerned with certain health effects.

under the tongue will avoid what? i'm not sure what you're saying.... that sublingual admin. creates other effects?

Sublingual goes straight to the brain I thought? This would change many effects would it not? Uridine is meant to help cardiovascular function, Im wondering what other uses it could be aswell.

#665 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

one more question about brewer's yeast. if brewer's yeast is a bad source of uridine (meaning that I won't get any uridine-like effects from it), why do I feel more "energetic", happy and focused when I take it? if this is because of B-vitamins, why don't I get the same effect with B-complex pills?

#666 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Brewers yeast is a complex supplement with many varied and diverse micro nutrients....and the reason I've used it for years....but it certainly doesn't substitute for uridine benefits for me.
  • Needs references x 1

#667 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

That looks fine. :)

This also goes some way to explain the purpose of vitamin e in this stack:
http://www.jlr.org/c...0/1940.full.pdf

Thanks mate. Damn im finding it hard kicking out nicotine out my system. Argh damn uridine why do you have to compete with nocotine!! I bought a gym card to try and make me smoke less and i thought perhaps cardio would help this. However i have not even used the card yet, it's so strong nicotine. Question is, do i even want to quit right now in my life? :o I only got 3 months till thesis submission and i don't think withrawal syptoms would help me work efficiency. But then again i wonder what the combo could do if i stopped smoking. You see it's so hard making a decision right now lol.

#668 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

So just keep up the uridine combo and taper off the nicotine at a leisurely pace (at least at first) and see how you feel?

10% less per week, perhaps.. Unless you are feeling good and want to taper off faster?

#669 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

It looks like uridine might have a beneficial effect on endurance. "Effect of the nucleotides CMP and UMP on exhaustion in exercise rats" (PMID 18663991).

#670 sevenTH

• 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

The intended purpose of supplementing with UMP is for my mom who was diagnosticated 3 years ago with Alzheimer, hence as much as I wish supplements would help her, it is very unlikely it would help with the true cause . I have ordered already DHA/EPA , Basic B Complex, methyl B12 1000mcg, and UMP 300 mg form .
Wondering if I should give her plain choline or Phosphatidylcholine instead of ALCAR or adding at least Choline to ALCAR .
UMP 300 2 times daily would be enough along with the B complex, methylcobalamin, DHA-EPA , delta-gamma tocotrienols as cofactors ?

Also , about UMP , are we looking for the monophosphate form or aim for the salt form ? Maybe I'm wrong, but could be this what we are looking for ?

#671 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

I was wondering would this combo help or hurt someone with a mental illness like bipolar or schizophrenia

#672 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Great for bipolar. Possibly good for schizophrenia, also.

#673 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

My uridine from Superior Nutraceuticals is here!!!!

I´m still waiting for the other substances of the stack (I order to another companies).

Could I start trying uridine alone MrHappy?? What do you recommend me??
  • dislike x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#674 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

You could start by reading this thread. Lots of questions are being asked here that could be answered if you just read. What does happy recommend with uridine? read the thread title for starters !
  • Good Point x 1

#675 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

I read everything JChief.

The question is that if I could start to take uridine alone until the rest of the substances (DHA, multivitamin, vitamin E, alpha GPC) that I have order arrive or it would be a waste of time take uridine alone??

Thanks

#676 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Absolutely you can. It would not be a waste in my opinion. But I am a big fan of experimentation. You have plenty to last to try it out solo. Others would love to hear your results as well. Lots of people probably wonder this. I believe uridine is the main driver of all these positive effects. DHA is important in combination soon but all the others play a supporting role. Hope that helps.

#677 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

While we are on further experimentation, I've been conducting a few tests..

I stopped all supplements for close to a week. No crash or anything, but I did lose my extra mental edge and my capacity to deal with insane amounts of stress. My memory stayed sharp. My eyesight went back to 'normal' - I lost my extra contrast and clarity.

In short, I didn't like it very much - it was like running around again at 75% capacity, when you've seen what 99% is like.

Fortunately, it only took 2 days to get back back to my former self, once I started back on the supplements. Everything works efficiently again.

This leads me to believe that the eyesight improvements probably relate to vasodialation.

My other experiment was to take only uridine and vitamin B multi for 3 weeks.

It was still pretty good all round, but nowhere near as mood-uplifting as when combined with DHA&EPA. When resuming the normal protocol, it took about a week to feel normal, but I was also shaking off a 10 hour timezone difference, so it's hard to tell exactly.

I'm pretty happy that the combination and ratios are effective, at least for me. :)

• like x 2

#678 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

does anyone get tolerance to the anti-stress or cognitive or misc benefits of uridine?

#679 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

No tolerance since I started in early December.

#680 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Day 5. Subjectively might have somewhat more energy (less fatigue), other than that I am not sure I noticed much of a difference over my stack without Uridine...

Edited by nupi, 19 January 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#681 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wait til around day 10..

Edited by MrHappy, 19 January 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#682 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

hm just went to the section on imminist forums "around the table dicsussion" Wonder if i get more clever hanging there than nootropic section lol. The other section engages my brain i guess, no nootropic would work unless you do i gather.

#683 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

The multi is fine. :)

You are taking too much TAU though - 100mg/day is plenty. That extra will probably just end up as bile...

Hi Mr. Happy,

Okay, great to know, thank you. I will continue with 100 mg a day (maybe 2 x a day) and will report back on my experiences. I am so hopeful and excited. Thank you!

Be well

Well it has been exactly one week since I began my Uridine experiment and I am not sure I am feeling much or seeing much of a change / improvement. I started with TAU 50 mg's 2 x a day. After four days I switched to 50 mg's in the am and 25 mgs in the evening.

Something that may or may not be related is I had one hell of a hangover last weekend - and I am not sure if that has anything to do with uridine or not. I only drank 2.5 vodka drinks which is not a lot for me.

In addition to the uridine I am taking:

Alcar
Rhodiola
Zoloft
Lysene
Vit E
Vit B
Vit D3
Multi
CoQ10

Today I took some Piracetam and have been thinking about taking this on a regular basis too. Is it too soon for me to be experiencing any Uridine effects?

Thank you and be well- Zipp

#684 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

The multi is fine. :)

You are taking too much TAU though - 100mg/day is plenty. That extra will probably just end up as bile...

Hi Mr. Happy,

Okay, great to know, thank you. I will continue with 100 mg a day (maybe 2 x a day) and will report back on my experiences. I am so hopeful and excited. Thank you!

Be well

Well it has been exactly one week since I began my Uridine experiment and I am not sure I am feeling much or seeing much of a change / improvement. I started with TAU 50 mg's 2 x a day. After four days I switched to 50 mg's in the am and 25 mgs in the evening.

Something that may or may not be related is I had one hell of a hangover last weekend - and I am not sure if that has anything to do with uridine or not. I only drank 2.5 vodka drinks which is not a lot for me.

In addition to the uridine I am taking:

Alcar
Rhodiola
Zoloft
Lysene
Vit E
Vit B
Vit D3
Multi
CoQ10

Today I took some Piracetam and have been thinking about taking this on a regular basis too. Is it too soon for me to be experiencing any Uridine effects?

Thank you and be well- Zipp

OH!
I also take Life's Abundance Fish Oil.

#685 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Mmm.

Try 100mg TAU in the morning only.

You are also taking an SSRI (zoloft) and a MAO inhibitor (rhodiola), which could be an issue. I'd be cautious about that and stop rhodiola for the moment.

#686 Philosopher

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

It wonderful to see uridine treating all of these maladies! However, I am a bit uneased to think that uridine treats, or "cures", bipolar disorder. I regard manic-depression as a gift. A beautiful gift of creativity that separates a person from the many trillions of other lives that are walking around like little ants.

Anything that will hinder my creativity I try to steer away from. However, I will try uridine and observe what effects it has.

Creativity is the end all, for me of course.
  • Good Point x 1

#687 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Actually, if anything, uridine has increased my creativity.. :)

I never had an artistic side - I'm very much more into technical details, but in the last month, I've started feeling urges to express myself in different ways (attached doodle was of my wife's face, on a 4 hour train trip recently, drawn on my phone) and I even made some interesting 'snow-people' on holiday. :)

http://imgur.com/a/D40CZ

(That's me, all ninja'd up for playing in the snow.)

Bear with me, these are my first creations since school, some 20 years ago! :)

Attached Files

• like x 1

#688 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hi MrHappy.

Let´s hope to experiment some of the "miracle" effects of uridine. I´m a little bit worried about Alpha GPC. As you know I suffer from depression so I will start taking only uridine with the other susbtances (DHA, multivitamin and vitamin E) and I only will take Alpha GPC after one or two weeks. Recently I read this thread in the forum: http://www.longecity...gpc-experience/ In this thread llap talks about side effects after taking Alpha GPC (posts 5 and 7). Also diana_2000 talks about it (post 9).

What do you think about it?? Any risk taking Alpha GPC in your opinion?? How to know if a person have low or exccesive acetylcholine levels??

Thanks

#689 Philosopher

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

Actually, if anything, uridine has increased my creativity.. :)

I never had an artistic side - I'm very much more into technical details, but in the last month, I've started feeling urges to express myself in different ways (attached doodle was of my wife's face, on a 4 hour train trip recently, drawn on my phone) and I even made some interesting 'snow-people' on holiday. :)

http://imgur.com/a/D40CZ

(That's me, all ninja'd up for playing in the snow.)

Bear with me, these are my first creations since school, some 20 years ago! :)

That's a very pleasing snow person, but I'm sure it had to do more with concentration, memory, and perhaps other ordinary cognitive functions. No offense, but they are quite banal those snow people.

Making something transcendent out of something ordinary is creativity, not just spitting out calculated solutions worked out by the brain. That is what computers and robots are for. Creativity brings out something from the unconscious that is almost impossible to replicate by anything else known in this universe.

Your urge to express yourself may have more to do with higher dopamine levels and therefore more motivation. Motivation and creativity are very different.

I'm sorry to say that you may be lacking creativity.

What is that picture that you attached? That is creativity, and that is incredibly beautiful. My god, I see it.

A women I adore, but does not adore me back. Such a beautiful women. Her depression makes her even more beautiful. That mellow eyebrow of hers, makes me want to give a long hug. Alas, the unrequited love, it hurts. It is unbearable. She seems to be playing some sort of instrument, showing off a sign of enviable intelligence. You envy her, yet you love her deeply.
The unrequited love, it hurts. At times you wish she were gone, because the pain is unbearable, but incredible.

The picture you attached may be the most beautiful thing I've seen in a while.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#690 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

It wonderful to see uridine treating all of these maladies! However, I am a bit uneased to think that uridine treats, or "cures", bipolar disorder. I regard manic-depression as a gift. A beautiful gift of creativity that separates a person from the many trillions of other lives that are walking around like little ants.

Anything that will hinder my creativity I try to steer away from. However, I will try uridine and observe what effects it has.

Creativity is the end all, for me of course.

If you consider bipolar a gift, then either you know absolutely nothing about bipolar or are living in your own little fantasy world.

Edited by Hebbeh, 22 January 2012 - 01:48 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By