* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#721 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Nupi - maybe try less a-gpc/EPA+DHA in your case. Uridine alone will certainly help with sleep, but you might not be needing as much of these two... see what happens - as always, individual circumstances will vary, so it may need some adjustments. :)

Come to think of it - maybe it is the lower EPA/DHA as I decided to go from 2000mg EPA/1000mg DHA to half that on Saturday... Or maybe AGPC and ALCAR together is too much...

#722 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Either.. Although my money would be on a-gpc+alcar - effectively too much choline? Probably suggest using just one of those, not both..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#723 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Guys how many times a day you uridine? currently i am taking one 250UMP dose at around 9am. See positive results. Should i take another one at 3-4pm?

#724 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

JChief - looks fine to me! :)
This link below is a really good read on methylation - histamine levels are suggested as a way to check methylation:
http://www.enzymestu...methylation.htm

Choqueiro - you don't need to double everything else. :)

I can take 500mg of Uridine but everthing else stay the same? So i just take about 5 grams of Spirulina which should give me 250mg of Uridine.

Also ALCAR and Eggs contain choline and vitamin E?

Edited by X_Danny_X, 25 January 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#725 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

Truboy - once a day should be fine, normally.

Danny - I'd think at least 10g of spirulina, but someone who has tried UMP/TAU needs to test it out. We really don't know the conversion efficiency, yet. I may end up trying it out eventually, but as I have about 10 years of UMP + TAU sitting here, it'll be for research purposes only. :)

#726 rogerthat

• 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Effect of uridine of presynaptic NMDA and kainate receptor of rat brain cortex
Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine (March 2008), 145 (3), pg. 320-322

It was demonstrated that uridine affects presynaptic NMDA and kainite receptors of rat brain cortex. Uridine considerably inhibited 45Ca2+ uptake into synaptoneurosomes (IC50=7.1×10−12 M) under conditions NMDA stimulation and increased it under conditions AMPA stimulation (157.8%).

Attached Files

#727 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

Mmm.

Try 100mg TAU in the morning only.

You are also taking an SSRI (zoloft) and a MAO inhibitor (rhodiola), which could be an issue. I'd be cautious about that and
stop rhodiola for the moment.

Will do, Mr Happy. I tried rhodiola free yesterday and I ended up napping in the afternoon. I am hoping the uridine will boost my energy levels. Also, do you think the UMP would have a different impact than the TUA? Thanks and be well

#728 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Thanks JChief.

Yes I´m taking 250 mg. daily of UMP Uridine from Superior Nutraceuticals and I take it sublingual. I don´t smoke. No drugs or racetams. I don´t drink also coffee. I take all the cofactors:

- 2 capsules per day of "DHA 1000" from Nordic Naturals (1800 mg DHA - 360 mg EPA)
- 6 capsules per day of the multivitamin "Ortho Core" from AOR.
- 1 capsule per day of "Total E" from AOR.

Right now I´m not taking Alpha GPC. I´m going to wait one week following the recommendations of MrHappy because I suffer from depression. Even though, one year ago when I was trying Piracetam + Choline I experimented with different
quantities. One day I took 2000 mg of Alpha GPC and I don´t feel anything (positive or negative).

Ok. I´ll continue with my actual regime and I´m not going to double the dose of Uridine. Let´s hope that the stack suits with me. Right now, after two days, I haven´t experimented anything and I continue with my "common" issues: brain fog,
memory issues, anxiety, depression, irritability, poor verbal fluency, etc.

Thanks so much

Is it an issue to take uridine and caffeine? I have been taking mine with my morning cofee

#729 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:42 AM

Mmmm.. You'll probably get anxious and 'snarky' from the amplified caffeine effect and the combo will be considerably less effective.

#730 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thanks JChief.

Yes I´m taking 250 mg. daily of UMP Uridine from Superior Nutraceuticals and I take it sublingual. I don´t smoke. No drugs or racetams. I don´t drink also coffee. I take all the cofactors:

- 2 capsules per day of "DHA 1000" from Nordic Naturals (1800 mg DHA - 360 mg EPA)

Right now I´m not taking Alpha GPC. I´m going to wait one week following the recommendations of MrHappy because I suffer from depression. Even though, one year ago when I was trying Piracetam + Choline I experimented with different
quantities. One day I took 2000 mg of Alpha GPC and I don´t feel anything (positive or negative).

Ok. I´ll continue with my actual regime and I´m not going to double the dose of Uridine. Let´s hope that the stack suits with me. Right now, after two days, I haven´t experimented anything and I continue with my "common" issues: brain fog,

Thanks so much

Is it an issue to take uridine and caffeine? I have been taking mine with my morning cofee

Coffee interferes with the pleasant mood experienced with uridine. I love coffee btw. I have cut way back since starting this regimen. it seems to get in the way and I do not have any hard evidence to back it up. But I figured I'd share.

#731 chziime

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Is vitamin E an important cofactor? I eat a good, paleo diet, including leafy greens (kale, broccoli) daily, so do I need to supplement with mixed tocopherols? I ask because I take UMP 250-500mg daily with DHA, and also eat eggs daily for choline (cholinergic supplements make me depressed), and I don't nothing too much from the UMP after two weeks... if anything, I've been more anxious and depression, though obviously not from UMP. I've also had an almost-daily kratom habit, and am weaning off of klonopin at .5mg daily now.

#732 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Nito - selegiline is an irreversible MAO-B inhibitor with an amphetamine payload. I would call that significantly counterproductive for this stack.

Idebenone / CoQ10 is probably fine.

Everything else looks good to me. :)

#733 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I've been using uridine sublingual at ~150mg x 2 per day for about a week now. I added to a stack containing rasagiline (similar to selegiline) and have noticed positive results. I do feel that the uridine is increasing dopamine in some way and I've been tapering off the rasagaline. I would like to eventually taper all the way off. We'll see how it goes. I had a great run today and I am definitely noticing a pronounced mental attitude I am attributing to the uridine. Anybody know if the uridine is a dopamine enhancer (along with the DHA)?

#734 choqueiro

• 188 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi MrHappy.

I´ve been searching more information about Magnesium. Interesting this article about his properties for depression (see: http://george-eby-re...-depression.pdf). I´m also planning to add 5-htp. I need to combat depression.

Even though, I´m going to continue taking your stack alone 10 or more days to see if it has any effect. I also have quit my daily intake of bacopa. I want to know if your stack works alone.

The question is: Do you think that if I add in the future Magenesium (magnesium l-threonate) to your stack could be any problem?? And if I add 5-htp?? What about bacopa?? What´s your opinion??

Thanks so much.

#735 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks JChief.

Thanks so much

Coffee interferes with the pleasant mood experienced with uridine. I love coffee btw. I have cut way back since starting this regimen. it seems to get in the way and I do not have any hard evidence to back it up. But I figured I'd share.

Thanks for sharing, it's great to hear how others have balanced uridine with their daily routines. I drank my coffe this am but took my uridine after lunch when I was coffee free for some time. I will try that and see if I notice any effects.

#736 Zippy123

• 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Mmmm.. You'll probably get anxious and 'snarky' from the amplified caffeine effect and the combo will be considerably less effective.

Is this messed up? I always take my zoloft in the evening before bed. Last night I did not take my zoloft. Today I took my uridine after lunch so as not to interfere with my morning coffee. Approximately 4 hours later I am one weepy chick. The story about the hostages freed from Somalia has me crying. The story about the Groupon business owner who lost 10K on the deal had me near tears. Does Uridine tweak the dopamine / serotonin levels? Can it be zoloft withdrawl so soon after missing one dose? I have missed doses before but it usually takes more than 24 hours for the impact to be felt.

Also, I did not take the racetam collection today (and have only been taking in for less than a week anyway) because I want to see how the uridine works without the interference from coffee. As of now - almost but not quite 10 days into this - I am still feeling the brain fog, memory lapses, depression, lethargy and poor verbal fluency. And, as of this afternoon, I am weepy.

#737 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:27 AM

Truboy - once a day should be fine, normally.

Danny - I'd think at least 10g of spirulina, but someone who has tried UMP/TAU needs to test it out. We really don't know the conversion efficiency, yet. I may end up trying it out eventually, but as I have about 10 years of UMP + TAU sitting here, it'll be for research purposes only. :)

god damn, so we dont know how much of Spirulina gets converted to Uridine? since i started taking Spirulina, Choline (Eggs), and Fish Oil, I have experience a greater advance in intelligence, typing speed, and speech. Also I am getting more focus/concentration. However, I have been taking Deprenyl, Ashwaghanda, Cat's Claw, ALCAR, and sometimes NOOPEPT (I am running out)

If you are saying that there is no data on how much Spirulina converts to Uridine, then maybe my enhancements is due to the other nootropics that I am taking.

What about Vitamin E?? Does it help with Uridine? Also does ALCAR contain vitamin E?

#738 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

Even though, I´m going to continue taking your stack alone 10 or more days to see if it has any effect. I also have quit my daily intake of bacopa. I want to know if your stack works alone.

The question is: Do you think that if I add in the future Magenesium (magnesium l-threonate) to your stack could be any problem?? And if I add 5-htp?? What about bacopa?? What´s your opinion??

Thanks so much.

I am taking it with Magnesium Citrate and generous doses of Bacopa and Ashwaghandha, no obvious problems there. I should probably boost my E intake but that will have to wait until my next iHerb Order arrives

Edited by nupi, 26 January 2012 - 08:15 AM.

#739 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Uridine modulates dopamine, in both directions.

Vitamin E is important to the stack.

Zippy - missing zoloft will do that. It sucks. It's definitely one you'd wean off *very* slowly, if you ever wanted to. It'll take a few days to get over missing a dose. Keep me posted.

Choqueiro - MagT should be fine. Bacopa is fine. 5HTP will be a slight conflict, but probably OK.

Danny - you're getting uridine, just an uncertain quantity. You're still on the right track, just fine tuning needed.

#740 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

shit managed 2 days with no nicotine really. Now ive just bought 4 boxes of snuff tobacco :( This uridine thing is not going well. The fact that nicotine gives me instant stimulation vs uridine which you don't really feel the same way makes it really hard to follow a more strict experiment.

#741 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

on a different note ive started making shakes. I put 2 oranges, 2 apples and an a banana in a smoother. An hour or so later my head felt slightly dizzy but clear, not sure how to describe it.

#742 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ok..this is the dopamine connection I've been looking for, i believe. Uridine/DHA modulates dopamine (as MrHappy states) and may actually increase it. My personal experience is that I've been able to (or really, have HAD to) halve the amount of rasagaline I've been taking since I started the uridine. This is great and I am hoping to wean off the rasagaline completely.

1: Neurosci Res. 2008 Nov;62(3):206-9. Epub 2008 Aug 3. Links
Restorative effects of uridine plus docosahexaenoic acid in a rat model of Parkinson's disease.
Cansev M, Ulus IH, Wang L, Maher TJ, Wurtman RJ.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

Administering uridine-5'-monophosphate (UMP) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) increases synaptic membranes (as characterized by pre- and post-synaptic proteins) and dendritic spines in rodents. We examined their effects on rotational behavior and dopaminergic markers in rats with partial unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA)-induced striatal lesions. Rats receiving UMP, DHA, both, or neither, daily, and intrastriatal 6-OHDA 3 days after treatment onset, were tested for d-amphetamine-induced rotational behavior and dopaminergic markers after 24 and 28 days, respectively. UMP/DHA treatment reduced ipsilateral rotations by 57% and significantly elevated striatal dopamine, tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) activity, TH protein and synapsin-1 on the lesioned side. Hence, giving uridine and DHA may partially restore dopaminergic neurotransmission in this model of Parkinson's disease.

PMID: 18761383 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID: PMC2592845 [Available on 2009/11/01]

#743 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Uridine modulates dopamine, in both directions.

Vitamin E is important to the stack.

Zippy - missing zoloft will do that. It sucks. It's definitely one you'd wean off *very* slowly, if you ever wanted to. It'll take a few days to get over missing a dose. Keep me posted.

Choqueiro - MagT should be fine. Bacopa is fine. 5HTP will be a slight conflict, but probably OK.

Danny - you're getting uridine, just an uncertain quantity. You're still on the right track, just fine tuning needed.

What do you mean by fine tunning? Please explain a bit further on that. I mean I am taking the Choline from Eggs and the fish oil.

What is so special with with Vitamin E? I am sorry asking so much, but this is a huge thread and I am learning as much as I can.

#744 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Anyone know how to get 300mg/kg into your system, as one study showed as effective doses?

#745 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

on a different note ive started making shakes. I put 2 oranges, 2 apples and an a banana in a smoother. An hour or so later my head felt slightly dizzy but clear, not sure how to describe it.

Sugar high?

#746 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Danny - vitamin E is an antioxidant to go with the largish fish oil intake, it's vital for membrane health and there is a citation on page 24 of this thread discussing Fortasyn Connect that is worth reading.. as well as others earlier. Google:

uridine "vitamin e" "longecity"

..for earlier posts. :)

By fine tuning, I mean ascertaining a useful dosing protocol for yourself. If it's working for you now, stick to it. Play around with the doses if not.. :)

#747 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Redan - completely overkill and will cause diarreah in males.

#748 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

Nito, hang in there, but some roc solid willpower is required to quit smoking.. :)

#749 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Anyone know how to get 300mg/kg into your system, as one study showed as effective doses?

On what animal? I think we have to convert the dosages first, I think that would be about 50 mg/kg for humans if that dosage was tested on rats.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#750 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

OK - 5 days of 250-300 mg of sublingual Uridine.
Effects:

- There is a moodlift, you feel OK
- Increased motivation, confidence
- increased concentration

However all very subtle.
This stuff definately influences dopamine, feels a bit like L-tyrosine but different.
Still, I feel there is something wrong with this supp as I feel there is a small come-up and come-down and that is never good.

Mr Happy stated that you would feel its full effects after a week, so we'll report back then.

Cheers!

PS/ Where can I check "direct email notification" here?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By