• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#1021 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Although, flow != pressure.

Dilation also increases volume, which was what they were testing for in that paper... I think we need to do some tests.

#1022 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Benefits of increasing dendrite outgrowth, particularly for ADD:
http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0036007

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1023 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

If Uridine affects D2 then supplementing with cAMP may be important. D2 is shown to inhibit cAMP formation, and cAMP is responsible for LTP right?
Also is dopamine the only way uridine has nootropic effects? If so I may consider only using uridine when important.

Edited by kevinseven11, 21 April 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#1024 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

No, the major nootropic benefits relate to increasing growth factors and neuroprotection. Some good links at the beginning of the thread.

#1025 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Why would effects be pretty immediate with me then?

#1026 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

The substantial phosphatidylcholine increases are the likely cause. :)

#1027 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I am on about day 7 now of uridine supplementation and it has been quite impressive so far.

All those natural sources of uridine don't produce the same mood enhancing qualities that taking UMP does. Not for me anyhow.

I have noticed a nice marked sense of wellbeing with increased cognitive function (IMO).

I'm just taking it with fish oil, methylcobabalim, L methyl folate, d3, k2 and indium sulphate. Feeling pretty good on all of this.

I can confirm how awesome it is at helping you maintain mental focus and for maintaining mood stability during times of extreme fatigue. I work about 70hrs a week and this compound has made the world of difference. I was on lexapro at 1.25mg and I felt this drug was the answer to my prayers because it eliminated my depression, CFS, OCD and aspects of my SAD. It made my GAD worse though and ignited slight hypomanic episodes whilst also resulting in me becoming zombified and unable to connect to others spiritually. Uridine, if it continues in effect like this, could be a viable alternative. I definitely plan to stick with this. Being drug free would be so cool.

So after taking uridine for a few days I now feel like I am more grounded, with zero mood issues and my brain appears to actually be working better so I appear to be naturally more interested in connecting with others. This was always the trade off for me. Every AD I have ever taken has resulted in me becoming zombified and my cognitive capabilities usually take a hit too, which then affects me in how I interact with others around me (despite feeling good on the inside). Being able to connect with others is a major part of neurogenesis i'd imagine?

I would like to add ALCAR (due to its effects on NGF) but I am scared to death of cholinergics. Alpha GPC almost provoked a suicidal state in me and even AChEIs put me on a slippery slope.

Maybe I should just stick to eating eggs/meat for natural choline sources.

Edited by Thorsten2, 23 April 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#1028 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Good work! :) Eggs or perhaps lecithin?

#1029 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

I am on about day 7 now of uridine supplementation and it has been quite impressive so far.

All those natural sources of uridine don't produce the same mood enhancing qualities that taking UMP does. Not for me anyhow.

I have noticed a nice marked sense of wellbeing with increased cognitive function (IMO).

I'm just taking it with fish oil, methylcobabalim, L methyl folate, d3, k2 and indium sulphate. Feeling pretty good on all of this.

I can confirm how awesome it is at helping you maintain mental focus and for maintaining mood stability during times of extreme fatigue. I work about 70hrs a week and this compound has made the world of difference. I was on lexapro at 1.25mg and I felt this drug was the answer to my prayers because it eliminated my depression, CFS, OCD and aspects of my SAD. It made my GAD worse though and ignited slight hypomanic episodes whilst also resulting in me becoming zombified and unable to connect to others spiritually. Uridine, if it continues in effect like this, could be a viable alternative. I definitely plan to stick with this. Being drug free would be so cool.

So after taking uridine for a few days I now feel like I am more grounded, with zero mood issues and my brain appears to actually be working better so I appear to be naturally more interested in connecting with others. This was always the trade off for me. Every AD I have ever taken has resulted in me becoming zombified and my cognitive capabilities usually take a hit too, which then affects me in how I interact with others around me (despite feeling good on the inside). Being able to connect with others is a major part of neurogenesis i'd imagine?

I would like to add ALCAR (due to its effects on NGF) but I am scared to death of cholinergics. Alpha GPC almost provoked a suicidal state in me and even AChEIs put me on a slippery slope.

Maybe I should just stick to eating eggs/meat for natural choline sources.

If eating a healthy diet, I don't believe the supplemental choline is necessary. Of course I eat eggs almost daily.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1030 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I finished reading the thread after a few days of hard focus (thanks uridine :-)

I noticed a few pages back people were commenting on improved wellbeing but that they no longer got high from coffee or nicotine. I think it's quite easy for some people to become addicted to these unsustainable states and for those who are looking for a 'high', uridine probably isn't for you.

I love euphoria too but if you become addicted to it and it's all you look for then uridine is going to be useless for you. If however, you enjoy not being at the mercy of your mood instablity it can be a useful thing to try. Unlike other mood stabalizers that definitely hamper positive mood states (lithium, epilem, lamotrigine, gabapentin,etc) I have found uridine not to limit the positive states that are part of natural human experience. Instead it prevents meltdown for those who suffer with depression, CFS like issues. It doesn't stop me being physicaally tired but mentally it can keep me sharp all day long. Tiredness is all in the mind anyway!

I have found cacao to also fuse very nicely with uridine and fish oil. Cacao has an opiate type of feeling about it and doesn't hamper with uridine's effects in any way. If anything, adds something to the mix.

I tried rhodiola with it but that was just nasty.

Cheers for lecithin recommendation. I have decided to also try ALCAR and CDP. I will trial all three one at a time to see what they can add.

Awesome thread, cheers.
  • like x 2

#1031 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Anyone taking Wellbutrin with the UMP Uridine? I'm contemplating a switch over from Pristiq, which my insurance refuses to cover now, and don't want to move to the "dirtier" Effexor after reading so many cessation horror stories. Hoping to bridge the Pristiq withdrawls with Wellbutrin, increase UMP Uridine and fish oil dose, and go drug free.

#1032 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

I just started Ropinirole (dopamine agonist) for restless leg syndrome, it will be interesting to see how that interacts with Uridine UMP.

#1033 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I have started taking mucuna at night alongside my twice daily dose of uridine. This is a potent antidepressant combo thus far!
  • like x 2

#1034 Synaptik

• 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:32 AM

REQUEST:

Is it possible for the OP to attach a poll to this thread to gauge the effectiveness of Uridine? Seems like it's working for many people, but more significantly, seems to keep its potency for the intermediate term. Does Uridine need to be cycled or do it's effect keep staying strong (don't diminish) over time?

#1035 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

REQUEST:

Is it possible for the OP to attach a poll to this thread to gauge the effectiveness of Uridine? Seems like it's working for many people, but more significantly, seems to keep its potency for the intermediate term. Does Uridine need to be cycled or do it's effect keep staying strong (don't diminish) over time?

I've been using it for almost 6 months and it has completely alleviated my long term brain fog and concentration (difficulty with) issues and greatly lessened my late day mental fatigue. It is working now as well as when I started 6 month ago....and I wouldn't want to be without it. It's a must have for me now...my most important supplement along with resveratrol.
  • like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1036 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

REQUEST:

I've been using it for almost 6 months and it has completely alleviated my long term brain fog and concentration (difficulty with) issues and greatly lessened my late day mental fatigue. It is working now as well as when I started 6 month ago....and I wouldn't want to be without it. It's a must have for me now...my most important supplement along with resveratrol.

I'd have to agree with all of that. I've been taking uridine for 3 months and it is on the must keep list (along with piracetam). I had to pretty much quit my dopamine agonists (rasagiline, and possibly caffiene) because the uridine amplified things too much. But that's OK, I like taking less stuff as a rule. I recently started taking organic sulfur (white flakes) and that seemed to top things off in a good way.

And, I've been taking resveratrol going on 2 weeks now for the heart! So far so good.

#1037 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

REQUEST:

I have not noticed a decrease in effectiveness nor have felt the need to cycle it due to a "poop-out" ;)
  • Informative x 1

#1038 Synaptik

• 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

REQUEST:

I have not noticed a decrease in effectiveness nor have felt the need to cycle it due to a "poop-out" ;)

REQUEST:

I'd have to agree with all of that. I've been taking uridine for 3 months and it is on the must keep list (along with piracetam). I had to pretty much quit my dopamine agonists (rasagiline, and possibly caffiene) because the uridine amplified things too much. But that's OK, I like taking less stuff as a rule. I recently started taking organic sulfur (white flakes) and that seemed to top things off in a good way.

And, I've been taking resveratrol going on 2 weeks now for the heart! So far so good.

REQUEST:

And that's the part the pique's my interest. There are some people who don't respond to Uridine - like any supplement or prescription drug. But the responders experience LASTING effects which separates Uridine from most supplements. The consistentcy is a huge plus. This is probably on the next-to-do-list.

#1039 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

This thing definitely has effects on dopamine or craving/modulation...

I take GHB occasionally and it prevents the serious crashes that can occur on the drug. Even if I pass out, instead of my circadian rythym then being messed up and me not being able to go to sleep that night... I am still able to get to sleep. This is almost miraculous, but I have to be careful in this not leading to me seeing a green light to then start reabusing G. I need to keep it as an occasional treat. I do think supplenting the B vits is also playing a very beneficial role too though, and can't be underplayed.

I no longer crave unhealthy food whilst taking uridine.

I would love to learn more about how it interacts with the dopamanergic system. I am unable to recall as to where it was linked in the thread. Mr Happy?

#1040 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hard to know, for sure, what is placebo, what is P90X effects, etc., but after several months of uridine, CDP-choline, B vitamins, omega 3s, I'm sure my overall mood, energy, anxiety level, and long term optimism are improved. I started the supplement at about the same time I started doing P90X (4 months ago). Can't discount the Tony Horton effect entirely, perhaps.

#1041 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Ha! I do P90X as well. I did it hardcore for a few months but this year I've been doing just fine doing the chest/back Monday and shoulders/arms on Friday with Plyo every other week. Abs on Wednesdays. It sure got me into shape I'll tell you that. It's very effective if you have the free weights available and a push up bar is pretty cheap. No gym required just time at home. Busy lifestyles etc - it's been a winner for me too.

#1042 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ok, I'm adding P90X to my Uridine!

Now, what about sublingual mega-doses? 1500 mg a day sublingually?

Anymore thoughts about morning versus evening dosing?

#1043 jinxod

• 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thank you MrHappy for this thread, it has been a very interesting read. Just a question, you mentioned using Berocca as your multivit. Could you tell me if if it is the regular or performance? I imagine it is the effervescent one too? We have Berocca here, so I am trying to see if the ingredient list matches up with what you get down under :)

#1044 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thank you MrHappy for this thread, it has been a very interesting read. Just a question, you mentioned using Berocca as your multivit. Could you tell me if if it is the regular or performance? I imagine it is the effervescent one too? We have Berocca here, so I am trying to see if the ingredient list matches up with what you get down under :)

Just the normal. :)
It works well, but I'm actually considering changing from it, as I'm not really a big fan of aspartame. If only they launched a version without the added colour and sweeteners... oh well.
EDIT: typo.

Edited by MrHappy, 27 April 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#1045 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Ok, I'm adding P90X to my Uridine!

Now, what about sublingual mega-doses? 1500 mg a day sublingually?

Anymore thoughts about morning versus evening dosing?

I've moved over to evening doses for the last month. Seems to work just as well. My only comment is that ALCAR makes me very alert and I have trouble getting to sleep if I take it at night. To be fair, if I drink coffee (it's been about 9 months since my last one) after 3pm, I don't sleep very well, either!

#1046 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hard to know, for sure, what is placebo, what is P90X effects, etc., but after several months of uridine, CDP-choline, B vitamins, omega 3s, I'm sure my overall mood, energy, anxiety level, and long term optimism are improved. I started the supplement at about the same time I started doing P90X (4 months ago). Can't discount the Tony Horton effect entirely, perhaps.

Very good to hear! :)

#1047 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Very good to hear! :)

Thanks for your help, Mr. Happy!

PS: Fellow P90Xers- check out "Ranking the P90X supporting cast" rant- good for some humor therapy!

Edited by tintinet, 27 April 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#1048 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I am having definite issues with sex drive through using uridine. Although I love the benefits it has given me I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. It's hitting me quite hard. I have zero interest in the opposite sex and my morning erections are tame at best. I was taking 300mg BID. I have recently cut down to 200mg BID but the problem is still there. My use of fish oil has been the same (2 caps = almost 1400mg of EPA and almost 500mg of DHA)....

Shit me, maybe that's where the problem is? I remember through past experience that hyper dosing EPA basically kills your sex drive stone dead. This super strength omega three has been packing far too much EPA. This is the first time I have bothered to look at the label. I had no idea I was taking so much.

Edited by Thorsten2, 30 April 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#1049 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Should be able to adjust your stack accordingly.

What are your dosages of everything?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1050 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Indium Sulphate ay? That's wacky stuff. I took it for a little while. Made me read super fast but then I'd get this kind of creepy derealization feeling from it. There are a few old threads about it on this board. It seems to do something different to everyone who takes it. Too weird and unpredictable for me to want to take it again. Glad to hear the Uridine is working out for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By