* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#1231 wolfeye

• 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Shipping fee from Eurofitness.fr 34.47EUR!
  • like x 1

#1232 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

tintinnet, you are drinking alot of coffee and you are not seeing any conflict with caffeinee and Uridine?

Yes. I have no problems with coffee with uridine, but YMMV.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1233 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

"I believe caused damage to my cerebral cortex via NO overproduction" "combo could stimulate dendrite growth in the neurons I still have left."

What nonsense! On the face of it.. to assume this is almost comical

EDIT: That was a harsh way to put that. I just want you and others here to realize the problems when we assume we have X,Y, or Z wrong with our brains that we cannot verify beyond what we assume from what we read in combination with how we feel. And I would highly discourage anyone from going too far down the rabbit hole without any solid evidence to back up your suspicions (that's what that are, suspicions based on pure speculation) and, further, to ask Happy to expound on this and lend it credibility is probably asking a bit too much. How about trying to follow what the recommendations are and trying it yourself and seeing how you feel?

I just want you and others here to realize the problems when we assume we have X,Y, or Z wrong with our brains that we cannot verify beyond what we assume from what we read in combination with how we feel.

Of course. I should have said "...over a year ago that I believe and my theory is that it caused damage to my cerebral cortex via NO overproduction." and "...and think that this combo, given that the above theory is correct, could stimulate dendrite growth in the neurons I still have left."

And I would highly discourage anyone from going too far down the rabbit hole without any solid evidence to back up your suspicions (that's what that are, suspicions based on pure speculation) ...

It is a hypothesis based on my experience and on what I have read and hopefully I will be able to provide some evidence about whether it is true to myself in the form of an fMRI or SPECT scan at some point.

How about trying to follow what the recommendations are and trying it yourself and seeing how you feel?

I will most likely do that. And, if I do, I will report my experiences.

Edited by gthughes, 24 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

• like x 1

#1234 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

MrHappy,

Thanks for the response. I've been eating well and exercising for the last year, but to no avail, fog is still there. I have seen some small improvements, but they seem to have plateaued around 6 months after the reaction and I'm still having some major issues memory/comprehension wise. It makes me happy to hear that you solved a similar issue with uridine, though. Your advice on my stack is much appreciated. If I cut back the Animal Pak to only one in the morning, I'll be getting only 200mcg of Folic Acid, 5.5 mcg of B12, 150IU of vitamin E, and 125 mg of choline. The lower choline makes sense, given the history of depression and I think I'll continue taking 500 mg ALCAR a day which will serve as a replacement. I'm a little worried about the B's and E being low though. UMP sublingually at 150 to 250mg will be hard to dose with the caps. Might just try orally at 300 mg for a month considering your success and then go to sublingual depending on results. Excellent thread by the way! 100x more useful than any "professional" advice I've gotten.

Edited by gthughes, 24 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

• like x 1

#1235 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

MrHappy,

Thanks for the response. I've been eating well and exercising for the last year, but to no avail, fog is still there. I have seen some small improvements, but they seem to have plateaued around 6 months after the reaction and I'm still having some major issues memory/comprehension wise. It makes me happy to hear that you solved a similar issue with uridine, though. Your advice on my stack is much appreciated. If I cut back the Animal Pak to only one in the morning, I'll be getting only 200mcg of Folic Acid, 5.5 mcg of B12, 150IU of vitamin E, and 125 mg of choline. The lower choline makes sense, given the history of depression and I think I'll continue taking 500 mg ALCAR a day which will serve as a replacement. I'm a little worried about the B's and E being low though. UMP sublingually at 150 to 250mg will be hard to dose with the caps. Might just try orally at 300 mg for a month considering your success and then go to sublingual depending on results. Excellent thread by the way! 100x more useful than any "professional" advice I've gotten.

OK, my bad - just looked at the picture again and realised that 2 packs was 1 serving. I thought you were aiming for 2 servings per day, hence the comment. :)

#1236 Junco

• 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

That's my point. I haven't read all 40 pages. I've read various pages sporadically--and I can't easily understand if it works or not. I just want to know if it's worth it. I want to know ppl's anecdotes.

There seems to be responders and non-responders. I had issues with (for lack of a better term) brain fog, focus, and concentration for years and it had a profound effect in alleviating all those conditions for me. 250mg sublingual UMP leaves me feeling very (for lack of a better term) clear minded, focused, and alert....a calm alertness unlike caffeine. At age 55, it has turned back the clock 20 years on my mental functioning.

Others (non-responders) report no apparent effect.....but my question to them (and to you) is what are you expecting from uridine. If you are young and have no obvious issues with mental functioning, then you very likely will "feel" nothing as it may not get any better than that...in other words, it may keep your brain functioning optimally but will not turn you instantly into Einstein...or make you feel like you're on meth....it's more subtle in the way it works by seeming to "balance" neurotransmitter function....at least from my n=1...and from the numerous studies.

So, the question becomes....what are you expecting of uridine?

edit: One of the more obvious effects I've experienced has been the ability to remain focused in long tedious meetings at work. I used to become mentally fatigued and unable to stay focused and on track for more than 20 minutes into a meeting....I would often find myself wondering what was discussed past the 20 minute marker (probably partially due to my ADD)....but uridine has given me the mental stamina to stay focused in meetings for hours now....which was simply not possible before.

Hebbeh you're UK arent you? Could you let me know where you buy your Uridine from? Looking for a reliable and if possible cheap source to order from.

#1237 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

IMPORTANT:

Did anyone notice skin peeling off their fingertips?

I started Uridine 250mg sublingual on 21st of July (see prev. page).
Around the 23rd. I noticed my skin started to peel lightly. It worsened over the past 4 days to a point where I got scared (today).
Peeling on both hands, thumb and index finger are not peeling yet, but skin feels different.

I did not make any changes to diet/supplements except adding the preworkout supp Craze. Craze is on close observance, too, but I've been taking this sometime before starting Uridine without issues. But who knows. I will drop Uridine immediatelly and see what happens. I will keep on using Craze 3 times a week unless I see any worsening.

Do you think my body used Uridine as a false building block for DNA synthesis? I heard that sometimes substances (e.g. radioactive markers) are used for DNA synthesis though not being one of the four bases, but looking quite similar. I'm afraid my body has been building crappy cells using Uridine?

I know that 250mg is not much, but if it's enough to have an effect (though subtile - still positive) on cognition, why not for being build in skin cells. I know, that the fingers are an important indicator for issues with toxines etc.

Ohh gosh, just found, that skin peeling off on fingertips is a sideeffect of chemotherapy - I wouldn't worry about it and call it hypochondira - wasn't the substance causing this
5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine.

First time I start to wonder, is all this really worth it? A slight enhancement in cognition using RNA bases leading to mutations? Being even cancerogenic ... ?

Edited by Cephalon, 26 July 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#1238 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Seems like it's inducing a flight of ideas in your case! ;)

#1239 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hebbeh you're UK arent you? Could you let me know where you buy your Uridine from? Looking for a reliable and if possible cheap source to order from.

No.. USA
I use:
http://www.superiorn...tegory_Code=COG

#1240 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

IMPORTANT:

Did anyone notice skin peeling off their fingertips?

I started Uridine 250mg sublingual on 21st of July (see prev. page).
Around the 23rd. I noticed my skin started to peel lightly. It worsened over the past 4 days to a point where I got scared (today).
Peeling on both hands, thumb and index finger are not peeling yet, but skin feels different.

I did not make any changes to diet/supplements except adding the preworkout supp Craze. Craze is on close observance, too, but I've been taking this sometime before starting Uridine without issues. But who knows. I will drop Uridine immediatelly and see what happens. I will keep on using Craze 3 times a week unless I see any worsening.

Do you think my body used Uridine as a false building block for DNA synthesis? I heard that sometimes substances (e.g. radioactive markers) are used for DNA synthesis though not being one of the four bases, but looking quite similar. I'm afraid my body has been building crappy cells using Uridine?

I know that 250mg is not much, but if it's enough to have an effect (though subtile - still positive) on cognition, why not for being build in skin cells. I know, that the fingers are an important indicator for issues with toxines etc.

Ohh gosh, just found, that skin peeling off on fingertips is a sideeffect of chemotherapy - I wouldn't worry about it and call it hypochondira - wasn't the substance causing this
5'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine.

First time I start to wonder, is all this really worth it? A slight enhancement in cognition using RNA bases leading to mutations? Being even cancerogenic ... ?

Actually, triacetyluridine is being used as a recovery agent for 5FU chemotherapy overdose. It also improves selectivity of 5FU.

Considering that uridine is contained in breastmilk and high RNA foods, providing the balance is maintained with folate (just like in nature), there wouldn't be an issue.

The mutagenic risk is that it will accelerate an existing folate/b12 deficiency, in that uracil will be incorporated into the strands instead of thymine, if there isn't any thymine available for transcription. B9,12 are a precursor for thymine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6977386

#1241 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

The combo of uridine+thymine is much more effective than uridine alone in reducing toxicity (desquamation) of 5-FU (https://docs.google....qsp3qHqxFlIC9PQ).

Although unlikely, you could have some congential abnormality relating to an enzymatic insufficiency (such as Lesch–Nyhan syndrome), thus predisposing you to gout. Gout could manifest itself as skin peeling, but this is typically a later symptom, not a prodromal one.

I would increase folate intake, perhaps drop the uridine if symptoms worsen (and also ditch craze...I'm hoping you heard about the controversy surrounding it).
  • Agree x 1

#1242 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi guys,

Yes I dropped the Uridine today, and actually I feel alot better. This might be placebo of course, because I was so concerned about it.
I'm a vegetarian and I do not have time at the moment to optimize my diet, which is really bad I know. I guess the B Supplement which is an enzymatic b complex (like p5p instead of b6 etc.) does not help to counteract Uridine's downsides for me. I checked the foods I eat, and I could not find a single one that has a content of as much as 250mg UMP (compared).
I'm well aware about the controversy about Craze, being it me covering up this stuff on various threads. I don't think it's one of the ingredients, but it may be due to elevated transpiration? But Craze is not my first preworkout supp. I have been using different products for at least 10 years. Never had this issue.
I hope the peeling will stop asap. On the otherhands I will never need to worry about leaving fingerprints :)

#1243 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

What sort of cancer are you fighting, Cephalon?

#1244 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hey Mr. I remember reading you said uridine is cheap, can you point me to a source please. Not over seas.

#1245 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hey Mr. I remember reading you said uridine is cheap, can you point me to a source please. Not over seas.

I'm not MrHappy but here you go anyway. Bulk powder for Sublingual.

edit: the 25 gram jar would be 100 doses at the standard 250mg sublingual dose at 40 cents per.

Edited by Hebbeh, 29 July 2012 - 08:04 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#1246 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

edit: the 25 gram jar would be 100 doses at the standard 250mg sublingual dose at 40 cents per.

Ok thanks Hebbeh, that website looks sketcy though. Like i dont know how they manage to gather/manufacture all those substances and yet they cant manage to develop a website that looks and presents professionalism and high standards. I mean if your website looks like that, how do your products look. 
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#1247 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ok thanks Hebbeh, that website looks sketcy though. Like i dont know how they manage to gather/manufacture all those substances and yet they cant manage to develop a website that looks and presents professionalism and high standards. I mean if your website looks like that, how do your products look.

Yeah, I agree the interface isn't glitzy. I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times with no problems and their UMP is high quality. I know MrHappy orders from them. And a number of other posters here talk about ordering from them. Have never heard a complaint.
  • like x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#1248 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, I agree the interface isn't glitzy. I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times with no problems and their UMP is high quality. I know MrHappy orders from them. And a number of other posters here talk about ordering from them. Have never heard a complaint.

Ok thanks man... Will give them a try still. One more question. Im putting a big order together from a couple of companies but I'm concerned about my products being shipped in the summer heat. I mean if my uridine is going to be sitting in a blazing truck half the delivery time im thinking my vits and supps are going to drop dramatically in quality. Is anyone else concerned about such stuff?

#1249 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Ok thanks man... Will give them a try still. One more question. Im putting a big order together from a couple of companies but I'm concerned about my products being shipped in the summer heat. I mean if my uridine is going to be sitting in a blazing truck half the delivery time im thinking my vits and supps are going to drop dramatically in quality. Is anyone else concerned about such stuff?

Yeah, I've had similar concerns when ordering during the summer heat and will try to time orders during a week when the forecast isn't too extreme. Powders like UMP probably won't be affected but I would be concerned about products like fish oil or other oil based products. However, no matter when or where you order, you have no way of knowing how products have been stored (hot warehouse?) or been previously shipped (sitting in a hot semi-truck for a week being delivered across the country to the local chain store or nutritional store?). It's a crap shoot either way. I will give iHerb credit in that they advertise that all their products are stored in climate controlled warehouse...but they still have no control over either delivery to or from their warehouse so who knows.
  • Needs references x 1

#1250 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Well, this has been an interesting day.
My milligram scales arrived today - which I bought for measuring out Noopept doses.

After calibrating it and testing some products, I decided to test the 250mg scoop that comes with the UMP from SuperiorNutraceuticals (for accuracy) and I found something interesting:

Using 1 *level* scoop:
UMP = 350mg
CDP-Choline = 250mg

1 *heaped* scoop of UMP is closer to 450mg.

The scoop provided with their CDP-choline product and their UMP product are physically identical.

The reality of this discovery is that I've been (and anyone else using the same provided UMP scoop) dosing at an amount 40% higher than I've been discussing and reporting.

For me personally, that doesn't really change anything fundamental and for anyone else using the '250mg' scoop included with your UMP from SuperiorNutraceuticals, you don't need to do anything different, but be aware that you are taking a larger dose of UMP than the product label suggests, so you may be going through it quicker than expected.

However, importantly, if anyone here has been using scales for dosing UMP and didn't get the results they were looking for, you may benefit from increasing your dose by 1.4x (from 250mg to 350mg) and trying again.

Likewise, to anyone I've recommended a smaller (eg. a 100-150mg) dose, who is using scales to measure out the dose, multiply that by 1.4x (eg. 150-200mg.)

Be that as it may, if you've been on it for a while and you are happy with your results, you don't need to change anything. :)

Offtopic, and back to my original reason for purchasing the scales, I can also comment that for me, Noopept is still noticeably active at <5mg dose.

For anyone from SuperiorNutraceuticals that might be reading this post, please either update your UMP labels or include a note with the current batch of your otherwise fine product.
  • like x 1

#1251 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I experienced a fairly profound effect from UMP the other day. I'd taken a moderate dose of 3-meo-pcp, a legal research chemical variant of the street drug, which hit me far harder/longer than I expected and caused me to miss a night of sleep. Anyone familiar with dissociates will know the way the effects can linger post-dose while getting gradually less pleasant when you're tired on them, which is a problem because they also effectively prevent sleep.

200 mg of UMP sublingual cleared up three quarters of the after effects and confusion where quite a few stronger things had failed before, and another 200 fixed me right up from a point of mental exhaustion to where I'd usually be after missing just one night of sleep. Awesome stuff.

I don't feel enough from uridine to justify daily use at 1 dollar/gram, but I've found it highly beneficial in recovering from parties/recreational drug use. It vastly reduces MDMA hangovers and anything related to sleep loss. I really need to order some without the added B-vitamins, since the 'enhanced sublingual formula' from Superior Nutraceuticals keeps me awake at night, and I'd love to dose before bed as well and experience the normalizing influence on leftover dopaminergic action.

Edited by Raza, 01 August 2012 - 06:13 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1252 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I don't feel enough from uridine to justify daily use at 1 dollar/gram

In bulk UMP is less than 50¢ per day at the standard 250mg dose sublingual. I can't think of anything you can buy cheaper than that....not even a bottle of water.
  • Needs references x 1

#1253 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

The other day walmart was selling a 24 case Of natural spring water for 1.99, now thats a deal! Haha
  • Good Point x 1

#1254 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

In bulk UMP is less than 50¢ per day at the standard 250mg dose sublingual. I can't think of anything you can buy cheaper than that....not even a bottle of water.

ermm... Sorry, but I can.

Has anyone noticed any significant difference when adding gpc choline to the mix? I am currently unsure of uridine's effects, but have been feeling a little less stimulated than before. Could uridine supplementation without choline be depleting my choline stores perhaps? Could I be dropping in acetylcholine?

#1255 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

thats 42 pages with mostly random comments.

can someone summirize this. is there 1 supplement that contains all 3 ingredients or do you need them seperately and combine ?
if so, which supplements do you recomend one buys to combine ?

#1256 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

can someone summirize this. is there 1 supplement that contains all 3 ingredients or do you need them seperately and combine ?

I think a sticky comment injected at position 1 may help here.

<ctrlcopy> & <ctrlpaste>
Morning:

300mg UMP, orally
GOOD multi vitamin, that includes the RDI of b group and trace minerals
500IU of mixed vitamin E
250mg choline
A large dose of fish oil with >700mg DHA + >300mg EPA (other forms available if you are vegetarian)
-optional, but (personally) recommended - 10mg noopept

Evening:

300mg UMP, orally
250mg choline

Start there and re-evaluate after 1-2 weeks.

A good supplier is http://superiornutraceuticals.com - but I'd avoid their 'uridine enhanced' product, as I think it's imbalanced on the B vitamins and will probably lead to temporary mild tinnitus. (Any nootropic can, as the bloodflow and nervous system changes, but that one's avoidable!)

#1257 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

I can. Like, daily doses of five other mid-cost supplements or noots.

This stuff is bloody expensive, as supplements go. If it profoundly improves your life it might well be worth it, but I don't feel nearly as much from 50 cents worth of daily UMP as I do from the average 50 cents worth of stuff in my stack.

Matter of lifestyle, I guess. Buying 50¢ bottles of water seems insane to me, too.

Has anyone noticed any significant difference when adding gpc choline to the mix? I am currently unsure of uridine's effects, but have been feeling a little less stimulated than before. Could uridine supplementation without choline be depleting my choline stores perhaps? Could I be dropping in acetylcholine?

I've tried and never noticed a significant difference. What UMP noticably does for me hasn't been contingent on any of the cofactors except possibly the B9 and B12 that comes mixed with the powder.

It's theoretically possible though, if it's causing more of the choline that reaches your brain to be used towards phosphatidylcholine.

I'd sooner look elsewhere, though. Do you use any daily dopaminergics to reach your usual level of stimulation? If so, uridine could be normalizing you downward, and you could consider taking it at night instead.

Edited by Raza, 02 August 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#1258 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Since Uridine could increase chances of mental (schizophrenia) problems, should this be restricted from younger people?

Edited by kevinseven11, 02 August 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#1259 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

<ctrlcopy> & <ctrlpaste>
Morning:

300mg UMP, orally
500IU of mixed vitamin E
250mg choline
A large dose of fish oil with >700mg DHA + >300mg EPA (other forms available if you are vegetarian)

Evening:

300mg UMP, orally
250mg choline

A good supplier is http://superiornutraceuticals.com - but I'd avoid their 'uridine enhanced' product, as I think it's imbalanced on the B vitamins and will probably lead to temporary mild tinnitus. (Any nootropic can, as the bloodflow and nervous system changes, but that one's avoidable!)

just curious where do you get your uridine then ? i assume brewer yeast's RNA/DNA ingredient on the lable contains it ? but still, its too heavy for me, is there uridine supplement all by itself that is made by reputable company and people can recomend it ??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1260 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

&
Morning:

300mg UMP, orally
500IU of mixed vitamin E
250mg choline

Evening:

300mg UMP, orally
250mg choline

just curious where do you get your uridine then ? i assume brewer yeast's RNA/DNA ingredient on the lable contains it ? but still, its too heavy for me, is there uridine supplement all by itself that is made by reputable company and people can recomend it ??

Please re-read the comment you just quoted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By