choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#1291 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

UMP orally, not sublingually? Or does it not matter?

I'd start at the 300-350mg oral dose for a week or so and adjust from there.

Depending on your circumstances, you may benefit from a much higher dose, which a sublingual dose is handy for.

Once you've established your optimum dose, if it's not already a sublingual dose, you could save on product by around 4-7x by taking 1/4 -1/7 of the traditional oral dose, sublingually.

Without scales, it's easier to adjust oral doses, as small changes on sublingual have a much larger effect.

#1292 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

Bump for amnesiagirl
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1293 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Alpha GPC seems to be causing me a twitch in the front of my tongue. Originally paranoid I was developing tardive dyskinesia from all my supplement use but the effect seems to subside completely when I stop the Alpha GPC. Been taking 350mg BID for around a week. Effect started on the first day.

Anyone else noticing uncontrollable tongue/facial twitch associated with Alpha GPC?

#1294 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Excessive acetylcholine?
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1295 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

I hear Uridine is implicated in sleep promotion but also has a mild stimulant effect. Anybody know if a small dose (300mg orally) can be taken for restful sleep before bed, once nightly?

Edited by mrak1979, 06 August 2012 - 09:02 PM.

#1296 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

You can definitely take it before bed. It's my preferred method, as well as a couple of others on here. No problems falling asleep and I'm a chronic insomniac. Wake up feeling clearheaded and rested.

#1297 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Does uridine increase working memory/fluid intelligence?

#1298 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Junkmaster, what is your daily dosage? How long before the benefits started to kick in for you? thx for your input.

#1299 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

For the dude with no CC, you dont need it. You can deposit money to Paypal using your chequing account, most websites take Paypal.

#1300 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

I use 300-350 mg sublingually along with a vitamin B multi and 3 g of fish/krill oil.

I'd recommend starting with 150-200 mg sublingually, or roughly half a scoop of the Superior Nutraceuticals powder.

Within a couple days you should notice feeling clearheaded, well rested, with slight mood elevation/energy boost in the morning.

At the moment I'm "supposed" to be on an off cycle but still take it sporadically if sleep deprived, or mildly depressed.

I'm still very interested in research showing elevated blood levels of Uridine in those with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

#1301 malden

• 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

ISOPROPYLIDENEURIDINE does anyone know any of this?

#1302 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Inspired by Mr Happy's remark in another thread that many of CDP Choline's desirable effects might be due to its uridine content, I did some adding up.

CDP Choline's molecular mass: ~489
Uridine Monophosphate Disodium's molecular mass: ~370
Uridine's molecular mass: ~244

Which means that Superior Nutraceutical's UMP is about two-thirds actual uridine, while CDP is about half. But CDP might well do a better job crossing the BBB, and gets you a useful choline bit rather than two undesirable sodium atoms alongside the uridine. The price in $/gram is very close.

CDP can be taken sublingually too, which should add to its availability to the brain, although perhaps not as much as for UMP. Does any regular UMP user here feel like taking the experiment of replacing their SL UMP dose with SL CDP and comparing the effects?

Edited by Raza, 07 August 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#1303 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Inspired by Mr Happy's remark in another thread that many of CDP Choline's desirable effects might be due to its uridine content, I did some adding up.

Which means that Superior Nutraceutical's UMP is about two-thirds actual uridine, while CDP is about half. But CDP might well do a better job crossing the BBB, and gets you a useful choline bit rather than two undesirable sodium atoms alongside the uridine. The price in $/gram is very close.

CDP can be taken sublingually too, which should add to its availability to the brain, although perhaps not as much as for UMP. Does any regular UMP user here feel like taking the experiment of replacing their SL UMP dose with SL CDP and comparing the effects?

Tried it and nope. Feel free to repeat it for n>1. :)

I suspect something is lost in the conversion of CDP back into uridine + choline.
  • like x 1

#1304 Brainfart

• 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Are there any issues taking UMP with NeuroMag?

#1305 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Where to get all three of these supplements.I mean websites because nothing is mentioned about source on page one.
  • dislike x 1

#1306 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Tried it and nope. Feel free to repeat it for n>1. :)

I suspect something is lost in the conversion of CDP back into uridine + choline.

Ditto for n=2. This has been discussed earlier. CDP even sublingual just doesn't stack up to sublingual UMP....no comparison.
  • Needs references x 1

#1307 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I weighed the amount in my superior nutraceuticals scoop the other day and got 250mg with a level scoop, are you sure your scale is calibrated ok? Mine is a crappy digital scale I got off of amazon, but it seems to be pretty accurate. It's possible they started including a different scoop, but I doubt it.

#1308 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I weighed the amount in my superior nutraceuticals scoop the other day and got 250mg with a level scoop, are you sure your scale is calibrated ok? Mine is a crappy digital scale I got off of amazon, but it seems to be pretty accurate. It's possible they started including a different scoop, but I doubt it.

I was going to mention this also. My scale seems pretty accurate and I weighed a level scoop of my first batch at exactly 250mg. My second batch is a slightly different consistency and was going to check it but hadn't got around to it. From my experience though, level scoop was 250mg and a heaping scoop was almost 300mg.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1309 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yup - calibrated and tested. I'll take some pics. Maybe we can work this out. :)

#1310 Brainfart

• 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Edit

Edited by Brainfart, 07 August 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#1311 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Do you pack it down or anything? It makes a huge difference, like why people sift flour before measuring it when baking. I just have a $25 digital scale from amazon and a $10 set of calibration weights, but would imagine they're accurate to within 10% at least. Working on getting a good analytical balance, they're not cheap. :\

#1312 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

I just noticed that imminst has a wiki, but it doesn't look like there's much content in the supplements section. We should try to organize the material from this thread and maybe link it in the first post. Personally, I kind of enjoy skimming pages and pages of forum posts looking for information, but there's no reason that everyone should have to do that. Forums are a good format for discussion, but not for organizing information.

http://www.imminst.o...php/Supplements
  • like x 1

#1313 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

The r/nootropics faq on reddit has some good information organized in one place, but even that is pretty sparse.

http://www.reddit.co...faqs/nootropics

#1314 autocratica

• 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just an update on my experiences.

I have halved the amount of UMP I take from 300 to 150 and my prior libido issues are gone yet the feel good affects are still there.

TAU or what ever did nothing for my girlfriend and I.

#1315 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

Just an update on my experiences.

I have halved the amount of UMP I take from 300 to 150 and my prior libido issues are gone yet the feel good affects are still there.

TAU or what ever did nothing for my girlfriend and I.

Do you take it as a tablet, powder, orally, sublingually, how many doses/per day, what time of day, with what other supplements?

Thanks!

#1316 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

I really need help! I was really excited about this UMP, omega 3, choline stack!

I started taking TAU (50 mg), ALA (300 mg, time released), ALCAR in AM per-food (500 mg), along with my fish oil (700 DHA, 500 EHA) and multi (has high levels of B vitamins, RDA of E. the first day or so I was feeling pretty good, something was happening (prob placebo lol). Then I crashed,so very, very tired starting around noon. It's like I'm walking around with one of those lead smocks they put on you at the dentist for x-rays, both physically and mentally. I normally don't nap, but I have to with this.

I have an autoimmune disease that attacks my exocrine cells, and ADD, so I'm taking Wellbutrin- 300 mg, Aderall am - 30 mg then PM 20 mg both extended release, sertraline (zoloft) 100 mg (depression).

I'm looking for something to lift the brain fog from AI disease (most important), and achieve some neuro protection and neurogenesis. The AI can also cause joint pain, dryness, and fatigue, but the fatigue is much worse after starting with the supplements.

I did more reading here, and added 600 mg choline bitartrate and grape seed extract (100 mg), but these have not helped yet...started today.

Any ideas before I start scaling back? Thanks!

Oh and I have read this entire thread for ideas! It did take a while, but it's intriguing.

#1317 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

That's a lot of neuro drugs! I doubt it's the uridine as I didn't get anything off TAU and 50mg is a very small dose anyway. It wasn't until I used 250mg sublingual UMP that I experienced positive effects. I would ditch the ALA as it could be depressing blood sugar (and that's what it sounds like) and I didn't like ALCAR with uridine. Drop the ALA and ALCAR and switch to sublingual UMP.
  • Needs references x 1

#1318 malden

• 94 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear that... in my opinion you can try drop the alcar a few days, it can be overstimulating for the brain.

Edit :Hebbeh was faster than me P) , I dont type that fast. I consist with his advise

Edited by malden, 08 August 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#1319 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

Thanks Hebbeh and Malden, I was considering switching to UMP as more of you seem to respond better to it. I'll drop the ALA and ALCAR and see what happens, continue the TAU, and go ahead and order UMP. I'm thinking of upping the TAU TO 100 mg ( 25 mg steps).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1320 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Alright, the bulk UMP has been ordered! Would you recommend starting with 100 mg sublingually? (I think I'm making up words!)? I'm thinking of ramping up 50- 100 mg every 4 days or so - does this seem reasonable?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By