* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#1321 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Thanks everyone for their inputs. I'm currently planning to take 300mg sublingually before bed daily. How much of the other co-factors (fish oil, b-vitamins, etc) would you guys recommend I supplement daily? Smarter to cycle with this UMP dose? thx.

Edited by mrak1979, 10 August 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#1322 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

I am also very excited to finally try this stack, my stuff is on the way. Ill post a more detailed list of my stack once I decide on dosages.

I have never tried UMP in particular, BUT a while back I was drinking on a regular Similac baby formula infused with Omegas 3’s and 6’s which ALSO includes nucleosides such as Uridine, + all cofactors. I must tell you, I think this brand of baby formula and cofactors was working like a dream. My memory was incredible, I could memorize long complex formulas for physics tests no problem. And when doing general math homework performing intermediate calculations in my head, we are not allowed calculators on tests so this is the best practice, Im talking about stuff like simple multiplication or division of relatively big numbers where usually you would have to break the calculation down in your head to get to the final answer, the final answer would just be there in my head as soon as I though about the calculation. It was just weird, I never had that before. As soon as I though of a calculation, not all of them, the answer would already be sitting in my head. An amazing feeling that I’m hoping to regain with this stack. And I will be adding Similac infused with Omegas and nucleosides permanently to my regimen thats for true.

Like I said Ill post my stack once I finalize it. Thanks to My Happy for this wonderful thread!

Edited by 1thoughtMaze1, 10 August 2012 - 03:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1323 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I've been getting increasingly concerned of the possibility of gout from uridine supplementation. What do you guys think?

#1324 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

I've been taking UMP for four days now and yesterday I experienced some lightheadedness and confusion and was really tired - had to take a nap in the middle of the day for about 5 hours. I thought it might be the something in the Animal pak (contents posted previously on page 42ish) or the Alpha GPC so I dropped them both and replaced with a B multivitamin and eggs/milk today. The tiredness went away, but in the afternoon about two hours after dosing, I got the same lightheadedness and confusion and it has continued the whole day. I was really hoping this stack could lift my brain fog, but it seems to have added to it and I'm not sure why. I really don't want to stop the stack, but I might have to. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this initially and if it went away? Thanks.

Stack for the first three days:

Supplement
Source
Daily Dose
Time Taken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) UMP
http://pureformulas....l-formulas.html
300mg
First thing in the morning on empty stomach, taken orally
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.) DHA/EPA
https://www.swansonv...N014/ItemDetail
1500/300mg
3 pills taken with breakfast

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.) AnimalPak
In One Pack:
B12: 5.5 mcg
Folic Acid: 200 mcg
Vitamin E: 150IU
Choline Bitartrate: 125mg
2 packs
One with breakfast, the other with dinner

----------------------------------------------------------------------
4.) Choline
1 egg + 1 cup milk
~155mg
Breakfast

----------------------------------------------------------------------
5.) Adrenal Drink
No salt, Salt, vitamin C
1/4th cup
First thing in the morning on empty stomach

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
6.) Alpha GPC
Swanson Alpha GPC
300mg
1 pill taken with breakfast

Today's stack (fourth day):

Supplement
Source
Daily Dose
Time Taken

1.) UMP
http://pureformulas....l-formulas.html
300mg
First thing in the morning on empty stomach, taken orally

2.) DHA/EPA
https://www.swansonv...N014/ItemDetail
1500/300mg
30IU of Vit E
3 pills taken with breakfast about 20 min after UMP

3.) Balanced B-100
SunHarvest
1 pill
One with breakfast

4.) Choline
3 eggs + 1 cup milk
~375mg
Breakfast

5.) Adrenal Drink
No salt, Salt, vitamin C
1/4th cup
First thing in the morning on empty stomach

6.) B-12
SunHarvest
1mg
1 pill taken with breakfast

Edited by gthughes, 11 August 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#1325 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

I experienced some lightheadedness and confusion and was really tired - had to take a nap in the middle of the day for about 5 hours.

Lightheadedness and tiredness possibly sound like low blood pressure. Could you measure your blood pressure when this occurs?

1mg of B12 + additional B12 in your B-100 is a lot of B12. When I've taken high dose B12, it has made me sleepy and as such, I would take B12 at bedtime. That's still a huge dose of B12 though.

What is in the Adrenal Drink?

Edit: another possibility is low blood sugar...that fits some of the symptoms also.

Edited by Hebbeh, 11 August 2012 - 02:21 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#1326 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Adrenal drink has no salt, salt and vitamin C. Yeah i would say drop the adrenal drink, that would confuse me too.

#1327 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

The Adrenal drink is suppose to balance your hormones and treat adrenal fatigue. It seems to have given me a significant boost in energy. No Salt is the brand name of a salt substitute. Its main ingredients are potassium chloride and potassium bitartrate. I've been taking it for months with no other effects besides the energy boost. I'm pretty sure the B-12 is not the issue because I starting noticing these symptoms on day three when I was only taking 11 mcg of B12 from the Animal Pak. I think the tiredness was from the alpha GPC combined with the choline bitartrate in the Animal Pak - I seem to remember people reporting tiredness from a-gpc - and this seems to be consistent with the tiredness going away on day 4.

Low blood pressure - could be, but something in the day 4 stack would have had to cause it. I'll try to measure it tomorrow.
Low blood sugar - I doubt it, unless something in the day 4 stack caused it because I've been eating the same breakfast everyday and never noticed those symptoms afterward.

#1328 canz

• 205 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

So from what I'm getting the results from TAU versus UMP are nil? I took 100mg of TAU for a month with very little results. I may have to move on to UMP.

#1329 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

And when doing general math homework performing intermediate calculations in my head, we are not allowed calculators on tests so this is the best practice, Im talking about stuff like simple multiplication or division of relatively big numbers where usually you would have to break the calculation down in your head to get to the final answer, the final answer would just be there in my head as soon as I though about the calculation. It was just weird, I never had that before. As soon as I though of a calculation, not all of them, the answer would already be sitting in my head.

Sounds like the beginning of a savantine ability. Are you on the autism spectrum, by any chance?

I've been getting increasingly concerned of the possibility of gout from uridine supplementation. What do you guys think?

It was ruled improbable earlier in the thread - something about uridine being of one of two kinds of particles that RNA is made out of, with the other kind being what encourages gout in RNA/yeast supplementation. No one has come forward with symptoms so far.

Edited by Raza, 11 August 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#1330 Brainfart

• 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Just a thought about the nap in the middle of the day. I believe it could be caused by the intense focus and attention that one gives while taking the UMP and DHA. I used to stray on many different thoughts, very ADD, but now not so much. Forgive my inability to remember due to my Mild Cognative Impairment but, I think the focus and attention uses up what one might gain during sleep. I'll look for the article on sleep to further explain what i mean. If i can find it....

#1331 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Ok, as someone who has taken UMP 250 mg sublingually for the past 2 weeks, I can say that it makes me even more apathetic and much more anhedonic. I decided to take UMP at night yesterday, opposed to at morning, and things are much better. I can not say whether it is due to the fact that I've taken UMP the night before or that I simply did not take it recently (this morning). Nonetheless, this negative experience was definitely pronounced. To be redundant, I have no doubt in my mind that taking UMP, at least in the morning, leaves me less stimulated.

In case anyone is wondering, I have been diagnosed with ADD. Although, I feel I perform better than most, on average, in class.

#1332 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Last week I started TAU, ALCAR, ALA in addition to my fish oil and multivitamin, and became extremely fatigued ( bold and underline!) in the afternoon. At the advice of Hebbeh and Malvin (sorry- I think this is close, but incorrect), I stopped the ALCAR and ALA, so I'm just taking the TAU (until my UMP comes in), 75mg at night and choline bitartrate in the morning with my other regular items and things are getting better. I'm not feeling the enormous energy drain in the afternoon. I've added in a mag-cal-vitD tablet the past two days, and it hasn't affected anything negatively. Hebbeh had postulated that it could be low blood sugar (which I believe can happen with the ALCAR). I also have ADD, but I'm not sure if this makes a difference.

A question- I am assuming that the UMP, choline , fish oil and co-factors do not all have to be taken at the same time as long as they are all taken daily. There enough people here taking UMP at night that it seems like splitting them is ok. I don't want to take my B-vitamins at night, they give me a good boost- It'd make me a great night owl!

#1333 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

For those that are tired, what are your normal sleeping habits like?

I ask, because uridine is also a normal part of the signalling for our daily biological rhythms and it's entirely possible that you may be getting a not-so-gentle reminder of what is lacking, yet necessary to function optimally.

Others have reported being forced to sleep more at first, before feeling much better than before, earlier in the thread.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1334 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

No chance Raza
  • like x 1

#1335 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Mr. Happy, thanks for the insight. I am scheduled to go in for an overnight sleep study at the end of the month. I am not sleeping well and when I do sleep "well" (which means for 7-9 hours), I do not wake up feeling refreshed. I wake up several times a night and sometimes i'm able to return to sleep readily, othertimes not so much.

My doctor suggested UARS maybe involved. I'd never heard of it, upper airway resistance syndrome. Apparently, your breathing becomes difficult due to this upper airway resistance and you brain responds by waking you up, sometimes you fully awake, other times your roused from deep sleep, but don't wake up. The end effect is a pround lack of necessary deep sleep. Technically, you get alpha wave intrusion into your rem sleep. UARS is different than what we consider sleep apnea where one stops breathing. It seems to affect people that may not snore and have a normal BMI. I've read a couple of journal articles that follow the outcome of those with diagnosed, but continue to deal with untreated UARS, and eventually all sorts of health issues occur (cognitive) and health risks increase (stroke, etc...).

I will go back though the thread with this in mind. I'll see what I can do about posting a summary. I'll also hunt for information on the timing of the supplements as I'd like to take choline, CO-factors, etc...in the AM, and ump at night.

Would you be so kind as to clarify what part of the biological rhythms are affected by uridine? I'd love to do some reading on that aspect.

#1336 MenDis

• 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

For those that are tired, what are your normal sleeping habits like?

I ask, because uridine is also a normal part of the signalling for our daily biological rhythms and it's entirely possible that you may be getting a not-so-gentle reminder of what is lacking, yet necessary to function optimally.

Others have reported being forced to sleep more at first, before feeling much better than before, earlier in the thread.

I've always slept pretty well, 7-9 hours, so sleep defiency is the not the issue for me. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the a-gpc because I added it back to my stack yesterday and got really tired again. If I decide to continue the stack, I'll do everything 2 to 3 hours before bed , since I've found that it takes that amount of time to become tired. I still am getting the lightheadness and confusion, which is a concern for me.

#1337 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Okay, a bunch of info comes up when uridine ans sleep are googled. My response to uridine, mainly sleepiness, makes a whole lot more sense now. I will definitely need to take this at night, but on an ever brighter note, it could improve my sleep. My thought was that if my autoimmune disease is attacking my brain, then likely uridine is being used heavily for repair of demyelination, neuronal damage, etc.... This reduces my levels, leaving less uridine for the sleep cycles. It may explain why I have not been getting restful sleep, uridine increases the amount of deep REM sleep.

Choline, mag-calcium-D, multi with b vitamins morning (along with bupropion, adderall, sertraline)
fish oil, UMP sublingual late evening.

Now, I just have to figure out if I should work in CoQ10, PQQ, grape seed extract, ALCAR, carnitine arginate, Gotu Kola, ashwagandha or lipoid acid. Some of these were favorites in the autoimmune forum I read. I think slow is the word of the day! And more research is the task of the day.

#1338 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Consider looking into a good multi that has CoQ10, methylated Bs, OPCs, etc. I take AOR Ortho Core. I take UMP in the morning, but ashwagandha, bacopa, lion's mane, and curcumin at night.

Edited by hephaestus, 13 August 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#1339 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Consider looking into a good multi that has CoQ10, methylated Bs, OPCs, etc. I take AOR Ortho Core. I take UMP in the morning, but ashwagandha, bacopa, lion's mane, and curcumin at night.

Good idea and for the info! I'll take a look into Ortho Core. That looks like a good selection of herbs you're taking at night.

#1340 seekit

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

This looks awesome. I have orderd uridine anf some gpc. Thanks mr. Happy for all the info and trying to help people. My situation is I am now 41 and all my life i have had almost a photographic memory. I wouldnt even watch movies twice because i would remember when and what was going to be said, along with facial expressions. The last 10 years that has drastically changed. Now i am way below average. Been to my family doc several times and many tests have been run and he always says i am very healthy. Always tired. I have always been an upbeat positive, i can do this type of person. I have become very down and numb. Head always fog and feels full of mucus or something. I have tried alcar at diffrernt doses and i get even more down. Also tried piraceitam at different does and same thing. Aslo tried with and without choline, and i think I hope i have better outcome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

#1341 35SSQ

• 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

Seekit, I was feeling the same as you and was referred to a neurologist who ran a bunch of tests including an autoimmune panel. It wasn't great news, but it's not the worst, if you haven't had the autoimmune panel run it might be worthwhile. For me, it let me know what is going on (finally!) and gives me an idea of what I can do for myself. I hope the uridine, choline, DHA helps you out.

#1342 seekit

• 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks 35ssq. Also the post about uars is pretty interesting. I do have a devieated septum but dont have the money to do all the sleep tests right now

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

#1343 Chadwick

• 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I seem to be shifting between beeing a responder and a non-responder to uridine. I haven't been responding for a week now, and before that it worked excellent for two weeks. Am I alone in experienceing this?

I haven't changed my sleep, diet or anything lifestyle related. I currently use: 100 mg TAU, 250 x 2 mg sublingual UMP, DHA/EPA (800/1200 mg), GSE, Zinc, D3 and a multi.

#1344 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I seem to be shifting between beeing a responder and a non-responder to uridine. I haven't been responding for a week now, and before that it worked excellent for two weeks. Am I alone in experienceing this?

I haven't changed my sleep, diet or anything lifestyle related. I currently use: 100 mg TAU, 250 x 2 mg sublingual UMP, DHA/EPA (800/1200 mg), GSE, Zinc, D3 and a multi.

Looks like you're missing your choline (GPC)

#1345 Chadwick

• 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Looks like you're missing your choline (GPC)

Well, I'm avoiding GPC as I'm more interested in the mood stabilizing effects of the stack, rather than its use as a nootropic. If I understand uridine's mechanisms right it should be able to potentiate dopamiergic transmission even if you don't combine it with a choline source.

Edited by Chadwick, 16 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#1346 MrHappy

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

I think you might be taking too much. Drop the TAU, perhaps.

#1347 timtam777

• 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I just received my first shipment from Superior Nutraceuticals of UMP and citicholine and have just started my journey with Uridine.
Just as a background, I am suffering from anhedonia and zero libido and looking for a method to improve/remedy my situation. I have tried bupropion (Zyban, Wellbutrin) and had a wonderful honeymoon period, but at $140/month, I can't sustain the cost. It seems that dopamine could be a factor with my problems.

I am taking (with the excellent advice of MrHappy) 250mg UMP, 250mg CDP choline, grape seed extract, multivitamin, 1000IU VitD and around 700mg DHA (in fish oil tablets) in the mornings. 250mg choline and around 150mg UMP at night. The first night I took 250mg UMP and kept waking up through the night - my mind was racing!

I'm at day two and haven't noticed anything much except exceptional thought clarity when I wake in the morning. No morning sleep fogginess. No effect on libido - still zero mojo.

I'll update when/if any other changes or effects are felt.

cheers!

#1348 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

I've been taking the full combo for the past few days and must say that it has been helping me focus during my 3 hour session of calculus every morning (summer school). I can literally stay focused throughout the entire lecture, however I am completely drained when I arrive home. I routinely partake in the same pleasures after every day of school to relieve stress (gaming, etc.); but what I've come to notice is that I have severe anhedonia towards these activities. I just finished my summer course, so I'll be able to judge whether or not I stay happy throughout a schedule-free day. Regardless, is there any rememdy to this afternoon dead period? Am I depleted of catecholamines or something else?

#1349 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is this good product for DHA supplementation.

http://www.superiorn...tegory_Code=COG

For multi, i am taking this.

http://www.bodybuild...gn/anavite.html

Edited by Hope47, 17 August 2012 - 02:46 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1350 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Inspired by Mr Happy's remark in another thread that many of CDP Choline's desirable effects might be due to its uridine content, I did some adding up.

CDP Choline's molecular mass: ~489
Uridine Monophosphate Disodium's molecular mass: ~370
Uridine's molecular mass: ~244

Which means that Superior Nutraceutical's UMP is about two-thirds actual uridine, while CDP is about half. But CDP might well do a better job crossing the BBB, and gets you a useful choline bit rather than two undesirable sodium atoms alongside the uridine. The price in $/gram is very close.

CDP can be taken sublingually too, which should add to its availability to the brain, although perhaps not as much as for UMP. Does any regular UMP user here feel like taking the experiment of replacing their SL UMP dose with SL CDP and comparing the effects?

Tried it and nope. Feel free to repeat it for n>1. :)

I suspect something is lost in the conversion of CDP back into uridine + choline.

Ditto for n=2. This has been discussed earlier. CDP even sublingual just doesn't stack up to sublingual UMP....no comparison.

Thanks for trying. It seems likely that uridine from CDP is lost, then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Topic Led By