• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Could you donate fifteen minutes?

volunteering outreach action get off your arses and help! life extension

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

I know that many people here, just like myself have commitments of various degrees and I'd suspect that most of us don't have half as much of the time as we'd like spare to contribute and help this crucial cause.

I am a regular poster here and most days, I have only the fifteen minutes before I head out to work in the morning to do anything. Sometimes if lucky I can spare a few minutes to visit the library and use the walk in web to post something on lunch break.

I am asking all who read this if they do not do so already to attempt to contribute just fifteen minutes a day to do something small. It could be commenting on something in Internet Networking, contacting someone for outreach, making a donation or something else valuable that goes on in the Action! or Project Ideas section I've not already mentioned.

One or two cannot do everything but many drops of water can easily become a flood. The more who help, even if it is something so tiny will be giving something highly valuable. Please consider doing this and hopefully we can wash away the misery of old age from humanity permanently.

Thank you. :)
  • like x 4

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Great topic, and along those lines, anybody interested please look through this take action index.
  • like x 2

#3 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for posting that, Brokenportal. :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yeah I can donate 15 mins. I'll do the things in the Action Index.

Challenge to everyone: Post on this thread that you will donate 15 mins to help out.

If this thread can get traction then more people will see it and more people will do it, and hooray for stuff getting done :)
  • like x 1

#5 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Yeah I can donate 15 mins. I'll do the things in the Action Index.

Challenge to everyone: Post on this thread that you will donate 15 mins to help out.

If this thread can get traction then more people will see it and more people will do it, and hooray for stuff getting done :)

Thanks so much for your input! :) Thing is, I have had people say that they would help out, be really enthusiastic and then vanish...would be great if we had people come forward to do this and take it seriously. Okay people may not be able to do this EVERY day but just most days would help. Heck I'll admit I'm often not home on weekends, won't often have internet access and to be honest cannot be bothered on my day off.

Oh and anything you do/contribute can be used to claim points on thsi thread: http://www.longecity...aim-topic-2012/ Points can be redeemed for things. Please declare contributions there...I'm quite lonely on that forum thread.

Gray.bot I sincerely hope that your enthusiasm never wanes and that you will contribute loads. You've already made me laugh on another thread so that's one thing. :laugh:

Edited by cryonicsculture, 30 July 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#6 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I've just spent a lot more than 15 minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to do for 15 minutes...

Don't despair, I may start of slow but the crescendo's of ecstacy will soon be so strong you won't know what hit you!

That's what I tell girls anyway...

Is it just me or are the 20 contributions by Droplet the only contributions on the point claim thread here http://www.longecity...aim-topic-2012/
  • like x 2

#7 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Nope, it's not just you and it just goes to show how much trouble we have had trying to get volunteers given that I'm the only person there. That thread we thought would potentially encourage other people because points can actually be traded for stuff. I keep bumping this to try to encourage more people.

Edited by Droplet, 05 December 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#8 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Come on people, make it your New Year's Resolution for 2013 to do more to help this cause! :)

#9 ksbalaji

• 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

Sorry to point out this flaw in your request. Is it fifteen minutes every day or in entire life? For what?! Fifteen minutes every day to longecity is a bit unaffordable for me, though for the cause, it is ok. Fifteen minutes as donation to longecity from my life is too little to consider anything useful for anyone!
The concept is grand. Keep it up.

#10 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sorry to point out this flaw in your request. Is it fifteen minutes every day or in entire life? For what?! Fifteen minutes every day to longecity is a bit unaffordable for me, though for the cause, it is ok. Fifteen minutes as donation to longecity from my life is too little to consider anything useful for anyone!
The concept is grand. Keep it up.

I meant fifteen minutes a day though at this current point in my life, as for you every day is a bit difficult. I'm currently drowning in my academic and personal life but I still do try to give whatever I can such as the small donations I've just made. :) The idea was that if everyone tried to just dedicate fifteen minutes to helping out with this cause, whether by outreach or something else on the forum directly benefitting the cause then we could all do our bit and make quicker progress. Heck even fifteen minutes a week would be something helpful! It may seem a tall request but if I can just get a handful of people to consider this, I have done well. :)

#11 ksbalaji

• 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I agree.

#12 etizsupplyusa.com

• 33 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

This is a good idea, I will try to commit too. That action index is incredibly helpful!

Thanks you for the advice, I want transhumanism and Aubrey to succeed in everyway possible.

Sincerely

Bill at etizsupplyusa.com
  • like x 1

#13 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is a good idea, I will try to commit too. That action index is incredibly helpful!

Thanks you for the advice, I want transhumanism and Aubrey to succeed in everyway possible.

Sincerely

Bill at etizsupplyusa.com

You and me both and thanks for your interest. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volunteering, outreach, action, get off your arses and help!, life extension

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users